Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,464 members, 7,836,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? (1385 Views)

Buhari To Give Primary School Pupils Free Meals. / Fire At Shoprite Ikeja Mall. / Abc's Of Jihad. Terrorist School Books For Pupils, Made In The USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by omolomolarinero: 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
Guys, a reader sent this picture to us about a popular primary school in Ibadan that decided to take its pupils to Shoprite.

Is there anything wrong in this?

This picture which has gone viral on BBM is generating a whole lot of comments like;

“Ibadan people always looking for new ways to embarass me…”

“Excursion to Shoprite? Like seriously!”

“Why is Shoprite that I don’t like going to shacking these fools in Ibadan?”

”Shoprite needs to be rebranded as Ibadan peeps have Bastadized it”.

These and many more comments are flying around.

Okay! What exactly is wrong with the act or with the photo?

Are the kids too young to Shop-rite, or technically, Look-rite?

What do you feel, Ibadan peeps, lets have your comments?

http://whatsupibadan.com/2013/07/25/is-it-a-big-deal-to-take-pupils-to-shoprite/

Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by Caracta(f): 10:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
I've seen school pupils at Shoprite/Genesis DL(Victoria Island, Lagos). They all came to see a movie. No biggie.
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by Mynd44: 11:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
Caracta: I've seen school pupils at Shoprite (Victoria Island, Lagos). They all came to see a movie. No biggie.
This ones did not come to see a movie gringrin. Shoprite is a supermarket and they don't show movies na.

The ones in Lagos went to watch movies. This ones went on excursion in a supermarket......cheesycheesy
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by tpia5: 1:48am On Jul 26, 2013
the people who think its a big deal are ignorant, that's all.

there's nothing strange about kids going on excursion to a supermarket.

its also done in developed countries.
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by tpia5: 1:50am On Jul 26, 2013
A Field Trip for Kids to the Supermarket? You Bet!

The Supermarket is Full of Fun & Memorable Learning

Kids learn by touching different textures such as an avocado, pineapple, green bean or mango
Kids enjoy smelling the differences between a ripe melon and a not-so-ripe melon
Kids delight at tasting a blueberry and blueberry yogurt, two seriously healthy foods
Kids have an awesome opportunity to take a FREE and educational field trip to Lowes Foods in their local community and it’s called Be A Smart Shopper! Groups of 4-12 year olds move through the supermarket with their tour guide for 60 minutes, learning fun facts about fruits, veggies, whole grains and why breakfast is a very important meal. Tasting healthy samples is included, too.

https://blogs.lowesfoods.com/cindy-silver/post.cfm/a-kids-rsquo-field-trip-to-the-supermarket-you-bet
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by tpia5: 1:51am On Jul 26, 2013
Field Trip Activities to a Supermarket

Field trips provide students with an opportunity to experience hands-on various locations in their community. The supermarket is an excellent choice for a field trip, especially for younger children. Not only does such a field trip connect students to their community, it also connects them to the foods they eat. Visiting the supermarket also provides an opportunity to teach them about nutrition, math, measurements and occupations

www.ehow.com/list_7583434_field-trip-activities-supermarket.html#ixzz2a7VmP4bF
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by tpia5: 1:53am On Jul 26, 2013
10 Preschool Circle Time Questions for a Grocery Store Field Trip
Questions to Ask After a Trip to a Store

Planning a kindergarten or preschool field trip to a local grocery store? Looking for follow-up circle time questions? Here are some great questions to ask after the field trip.

Was it hot or cold where the vegetables were cut in the back?

This is an easy question that everyone should answer correctly.

Why was it cold?

Some of your students should know. Explain that it is cold to keep the produce fresh longer and prevent it from spoiling.

What does ripe mean?

This will help your students use their vocabulary skills.

What color are bananas when they are not ripe?

Most students should answer this correctly.

Why is important to wash your hands after touching raw meat?

This is a great time to explain that some bacteria can be harmful. You can discuss that raw meat has dangerous bacteria in it that dies when it is cooked.

What does a pharmacist do?

If your children got to meet with the pharmacist, be sure to ask about this part.

Why are there holes in some of the Swiss cheese that we saw?

You might have learned this during your tour. If not, you can provide a very quick lesson during circle time.

Where does milk and cheese come from?

This very simple question should be answered correctly by all.

Which types of meat did we see?

Some children may answer this with "pink meat." This is also a great time to explain the different between red and white meat.

http://voices.yahoo.com/10-preschool-circle-time-questions-grocery-store-9763403.html
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by tpia5: 1:56am On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by tpia5: 1:56am On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by tpia5: 1:59am On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by tpia5: 2:02am On Jul 26, 2013
unfortunately, the site admin is working hand in hand with the saboteurs, so they'll do nothing to curtail such threads.

@ topic.
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by tpia5: 2:04am On Jul 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
This ones did not come to see a movie gringrin. Shoprite is a supermarket and they don't show movies na.

The ones in Lagos went to watch movies. This ones went on excursion in a supermarket......cheesycheesy

just because you never went to a supermarket on excursion, doesnt make doing so, a bad thing.

get that into your brain.
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by Mynd44: 4:29am On Jul 26, 2013
tpia@:

just because you never went to a supermarket on excursion, doesnt make doing so, a bad thing.

get that into your brain.
Are you not tired of seeking attention yet?
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by Caracta(f): 7:26am On Jul 26, 2013
Either to a supermarket or cinema, i don't think it's a big deal. Even adults go for window shopping.

And as for the Shoprite i mentioned earlier, after the sightseeing and window shopping, they bought popcorns and drinks and proceeded to Genesis. With the smiles on their faces, you could guess they had fun.

In Ibadan, Shoprite is new and i bet they were filed with joy. They just went to the latest supermarket in town grin
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 26, 2013
I went to a supermarket when I was younger. I was so excited. embarassed
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by Mynd44: 8:33am On Jul 26, 2013
adaobi123: I went to a supermarket when I was younger. I was so excited. embarassed
That's cos the biggest shop you knew then was Mallam Audu's aluminium shop in front of your house tongue
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
That's cos the biggest shop you knew then was Mallam Audu's aluminium shop in front of your house tongue

So funny tongue
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by Mynd44: 8:37am On Jul 26, 2013
adaobi123:

So funny tongue
Huh?
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
Huh?

tongue
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by Mynd44: 8:38am On Jul 26, 2013
adaobi123:

So funny tongue
Huh?
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by tpia5: 11:08am On Jul 26, 2013
I was wondering where are these so-called born and/or raised abroad, they just kept their mouths shut as if they were born and/or raised in nigeria and have never heard of going to supermarkets on excursion.

Na wa!
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by tpia5: 11:09am On Jul 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
Are you not tired of seeking attention yet?

Are you tired of your narcissism yet?

But for nairaland!
Re: Is It A Big Deal To Take Pupils To Shoprite? by Mynd44: 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2013
tpia@:

Are you tired of your narcissism yet?

But for nairaland!
You believe that? Abeg Tpia, I no fit laugh

(1) (Reply)

Man Finds Huge Snake In The Engine Of His New Car After Taking It To The Village / Man Cut Into Pieces At Railway Crossing Line In Ibadan [viewer Discretion] / Doctors Use HIV To Cure Leukemia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.