Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria (25246 Views)

What Is The Prospect Of The Science Laboratory Technologist In Nigeria? / Any Hope For Food Scientist/technologist In Nigeria? / How Lucrative Is Food Scientist/technologist In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 27, 2013
Hello everyone, student Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Department Of Food Science and Technology. I created this thread so that every student studying food science and technology in the universities and polytechnics would be able to interact with one another, share ideas e.t.c. Even those who are graduates of this course should join us so that they would be able to put us through, share their experiences with us, tell us where we can get good place for our IT and good jobs. Anytime someone asks me what course i am studying and i tell them the next thing is for them to ask me to come and cook for them. Even some of us studying this course were given because they could not get their course of choice and they think we cook there, which is not so, please wherever you are, food scientists and technologists in every tertiary institution in Nigeria come on out ,lets interact.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by marvelling(m): 1:16am On Jul 27, 2013
Lol

1 Like

Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 27, 2013
hi marvelling, are you studying FST too
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 27, 2013
I know we have food scientists, technologists and engineers out there, in institutions like UI, OAU, FUTA, FUTO, UNAAB, YABATECH, LASPOTECH, e.t.c. Please come out lets interact, graduates of these courses come and share your experiences with us, i have searched through all the career directory in nairaland but i didn't see one for FST students, but they had for other courses that is why i decided to make a thread for us, this course is a good course, many people are thinking of crossing to another course, others dont even take interest in this course and they start having low grades, it is until they get to 300 level before they know the relevance of these course, i am proud of these course, we are needed in companies like NESTLE, CHI, FRIESLAND (peak and three crown milk, frisco), CABURY, DANGOTE, INDOMIE, HONEYWELL e.t.c. Food science and technology involves food processing, food microbiology, food chemistry e.t.c. So when you are studying this course dont be discouraged or dismayed. So please after viewing this thread share it among your friends who are studying the course, if you are not studying these course but you know someone who is studying this course tell them about this thread on nairaland. Moderators please kindly let this thread make frontpage. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by marvelling(m): 8:10am On Jul 27, 2013
Afunkybaby: hi marvelling, are you studying FST too

na! i graduated with a bsc in microbiology! you are gonna be doing some food microbiology and some biochemistry. buckle up for the bumpy ride
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 27, 2013
cheesy abi o marvelling i am seriously looking forward to it, so how as microbiology been and what aspect are you focusing on
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by marvelling(m): 9:49am On Jul 27, 2013
Afunkybaby: cheesy abi o marvelling i am seriously looking forward to it, so how as microbiology been and what aspect are you focusing on

Am getting trained as a public analyst, though am still yet to complete level 1. I suggest you make plans towards that path, check ipan.gov.ng for more info on what we do, it might interest you career wise.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 27, 2013
ok thanks
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 28, 2013
morning everyone
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 29, 2013
hello everyone
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by kaze4blues(m): 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
marvelling:

Am getting trained as a public analyst, though am still yet to complete level 1. I suggest you make plans towards that path, check ipan.gov.ng for more info on what we do, it might interest you career wise.

I check the site and am really impressed.

Am interested but I don't know how much is the application fee.

Kindly help with the amount.

Thanks
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by marvelling(m): 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
kaze4blues:

I check the site and am really impressed.

Am interested but I don't know how much is the application fee.

Kindly help with the amount.

Thanks

Get your nysc discharge certificate first, then apply. The total training is three years
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
worldfoodscience.com/content/interview-walter-spiess-president-international-academy-food-science-and-technology-iafost Hello everyone, in my school OAU, food science and technology is divided into two, we have Food science and Food engineering. The link above is benefical to food scientists and food engineers(mostly). Food Nutritionists are also welcome in these thread. Please as you view this thread share it with people studying this course and if you are one of us, kindly comment, lets interact with one another. Thanks
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by kaze4blues(m): 9:20am On Aug 02, 2013
marvelling:

Get your nysc discharge certificate first, then apply. The total training is three years

Thanks....

But I thought it is also possible to apply as a student member.

How true is this?

You can also provide other info about IPAN
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
kaze4blues:

Thanks....

But I thought it is also possible to apply as a student member.

How true is this?

You can also provide other info about IPAN
kaze4blues and mavelling please dont derail this thread ok, this thread is for the interaction of food science and technology students ok.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by marvelling(m): 7:42am On Aug 03, 2013
Afunkybaby: kaze4blues and mavelling please dont derail this thread ok, this thread is for the interaction of food science and technology students ok.

How many food scientists have commented on this thread apart from you?
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by samson1515(m): 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
@ Afunkybaby weldone 4 creatin dis thread,i am a student of Fut minna,i study Agric econs,in my school its food science nd nutrion technology and 2 me d course is a nice course,cos we do receive lectures 2geder,pls dont mind watever dey say about d course
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Potential2sure: 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
Very good course,am a graduate of food science tech,specialty food processing engineering (futo).doing perfectly well,a staff of Nigerian breweries.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Sunyrex: 7:41am On Aug 05, 2013
Afunkybaby: hello everyone
gud1 afunky am a food technologist too.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Richbee(m): 8:20am On Aug 05, 2013
Hello... I am a food scientist(in view). From FUTA, currently on industrial training in on of the drink companies here in lag. That shld say I'm in my 4th year. FST hasn't really gotten the publicity it ought to get but this I can tell u, its one of the most lucrative career path u can ever make. In my next life, its gonna b FST all the way. Av a splendid ride...

1 Like

Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 06, 2013
marvelling:

How many food scientists have commented on this thread apart from you?
marvelling i have nothing against you, even the analyst website you have been talking about i checked it out, but like i said this thread is for FST students, and you were saying i am the only one commenting on this thread, well that doesn't bother me, because even the thread that has 100 pages started from the first stage, i know gradually that FST students and graduates will see this thread and comment, i dont mind waiting at all. Your statement was very harsh and it hurts.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 06, 2013
samson1515: @ Afunkybaby weldone 4 creatin dis thread,i am a student of Fut minna,i study Agric econs,in my school its food science nd nutrion technology and 2 me d course is a nice course,cos we do receive lectures 2geder,pls dont mind watever dey say about d course
samson dearie thanks for the encouragement, your course is also wonderful, please help me introduce this thread also to FST students in your school. Thanks
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 06, 2013
@all the FST students and graduates that have commented so far thanks so much for commenting please introduce this thread to other people studying this course in your school, i am sorry i have been away for a long time, please lets join hands together and take this threat to the next level and show to the world that this course is the best course anybody can study.
Sunyrex: gud1 afunky am a food technologist too.
@all the FST students and graduates that have commented so far thanks so much for commenting please introduce this thread to other people studying this course in your school, i am sorry i have been away for a long time, please lets join hands together and take this threat to the next level and show to the world that this course is the best course anybody can study. @sunyrex whats up how are you doing, please introduce yourself, tell us your school and level
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 06, 2013
Richbee: Hello... I am a food scientist(in view). From FUTA, currently on industrial training in on of the drink companies here in lag. That shld say I'm in my 4th year. FST hasn't really gotten the publicity it ought to get but this I can tell u, its one of the most lucrative career path u can ever make. In my next life, its gonna b FST all the way. Av a splendid ride...
Richbee: Hello... I am a food scientist(in view). From FUTA, currently on industrial training in on of the drink companies here in lag. That shld say I'm in my 4th year. FST hasn't really gotten the publicity it ought to get but this I can tell u, its one of the most lucrative career path u can ever make. In my next life, its gonna b FST all the way. Av a splendid ride...
hi richee bee, how is IT nw, please share with us how the journey has been in FST so far,
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 06, 2013
Potential2sure: Very good course,am a graduate of food science tech,specialty food processing engineering (futo).doing perfectly well,a staff of Nigerian breweries.
@ potential2sure, how are you sir, thanks so much for commenting on this thread, please we FST students need insight about this course, how was the 5 year journey in FST, how can we get industrial attachment, jobs in all these food companies in nigeria, what are the requirements these employers want from us, how is the salary to sir wink
Potential2sure: Very good course,am a graduate of food science tech,specialty food processing engineering (futo).doing perfectly well,a staff of Nigerian breweries.
@ potential2sure, how are you sir, thanks so much for commenting on this thread, please we FST students need insight about this course, how was the 5 year journey in FST, how can we get industrial attachment, jobs in all these food companies in nigeria, what are the requirements these employers want from us, how is the salary too sir
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by marvelling(m): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2013
wink
Afunkybaby: marvelling i have nothing against you, even the analyst website you have been talking about i checked it out, but like i said this thread is for FST students, and you were saying i am the only one commenting on this thread, well that doesn't bother me, because even the thread that has 100 pages started from the first stage, i know gradually that FST students and graduates will see this thread and comment, i dont mind waiting at all. Your statement was very harsh and it hurts.

My dear! as at the time I made that post I was merely stating the obvious fact. Don't take it personal
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by 4tunebest(f): 9:53am On Aug 06, 2013
Afunkybaby you are doing a good job here. Keep it up. Food Tech has always been my dream and studying the course is one of the best decisions I have made in my life. I thoroughly enjoyed studying the course while in school. You will enjoy it too because it is a very interesting course. Funny, some people think Food tech is about cooking rice and beans undecided , that is ignorance @ its peak. If given the opportunity to go back to the university, I would still study Food Technology 5 times over
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 06, 2013
4tunebest: Afunkybaby you are doing a good job here. Keep it up. Food Tech has always been my dream and studying the course is one of the best decisions I have made in my life. I thoroughly enjoyed studying the course while in school. You will enjoy it too because it is a very interesting course. Funny, some people think Food tech is about cooking rice and beans undecided , that is ignorance @ its peak. If given the opportunity to go back to the university, I would still study Food Technology 5 times over
4best good morning o, yes o FST is one of the best courses o, how are you doing, how is the labour market out there, we need you to enlighten us more about this course tell us how it was in school, please also introduce yourself by telling us the school you finished from and where you work, lets interact with one another, share your experiences with us
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by fagin1982(m): 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
Food Science and Technology is a lovely course...I am a graduate of the Department , Msc in Food Science and intending to go for a PhD soon ..Its a vast discipline with several options ranging from microbiolgy,health , biotechnology and lots more ..If you are in this great deaprtment ,God has a big purpose for u
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Richbee(m): 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
Heard that this years NIFST conference is @ abj. I do hope to be there as a student member. Would love to meet wif some of u guys over there. Ciao...
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
fagin1982: Food Science and Technology is a lovely course...I am a graduate of the Department , Msc in Food Science and intending to go for a PhD soon ..Its a vast discipline with several options ranging from microbiolgy,health , biotechnology and lots more ..If you are in this great deaprtment ,God has a big purpose for u
@fagin waow, i thank God for you o, please what school did you do your bsc and msc, what company do u work in now, how is the labour market out there, share your experiences with us
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
Richbee: Heard that this years NIFST conference is @ abj. I do hope to be there as a student member. Would love to meet wif some of u guys over there. Ciao...
tell us more about these NIFST conference, how can we join, what do they do there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mass Sack, Demotion Looms In Customs / The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak / N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.