Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria (25237 Views)

What Is The Prospect Of The Science Laboratory Technologist In Nigeria? / Any Hope For Food Scientist/technologist In Nigeria? / How Lucrative Is Food Scientist/technologist In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Richbee(m): 7:26am On Aug 08, 2013
NIFST is the professional body of food scientist and technologist. They av annual conferences where they meet to deliberate on matters that concerns them and also matters that concern the food sector. U cud chk them online. www.nifst.org

1 Like

Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ok so I checked the thread. There should be a rep in ur skool to help with the conference thing.
The national preident Awesu joseph temitope is in hnd two in my school.
The conference consist of excursion, dinner n award nite, symposium, food exhibition. U guys should go.
Remember the health of the nation rests in Ur hnds.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2013
@richbee and candygosh thanks so much for the info
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Richbee(m): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2013
@candygosh. I believe u referring to d NAFSTS conference. Its the student association. I'm referring to the NIFST. The professional body. Both are gr8.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 12, 2013
morning everyone
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by samson1515(m): 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
Afunkybaby: samson dearie thanks for the encouragement, your course is also wonderful, please help me introduce this thread also to FST students in your school. Thanks
,@ funky dont worry i we do dat after we resume from d strike.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2013
@samson thanks so much, @ my Fellow FST collegues how una dey, how is the strike going, please i need you guys to comment on this thread, without you guys this thread is nothing, please as you view this thread please comment
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
Tim Going in on this
Never knew their was a thread like this on.
So bout the NAFST conf who knwz when tis holding normally i fink is 1st semesta period alwayz.
Rep Futo in ma A level
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
Afunkybaby: hello everyone
Hi! Can i get U on Facebook?
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hi house, have anybody work in a food processing industry?, any body with experience in food microbiology? pls lets share ideas or our experiences working in food industries.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 14, 2013
@cowleg and bossforeva how u dey
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2013
Afunkybaby: @cowleg and bossforeva how u dey
funkybaby, am doing good, how are you too? Are you still a student or have you graduated? Do you have any knowledge of food microbiology and its praticability? Would like to read your reply soon
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2013
Afunkybaby: @cowleg and bossforeva how u dey
like 2 connect wit U on facebook..
How possible is that?
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
send me a pm and i would reply
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 24, 2013
Dear Food (Scientists, Technologists, Engineers and Nutritionists), i am writing with and extremely sad and angry mood. This is because of the way this course and career is been treated by us, and people outside. The number of people who willing chose this course in the university out of 100 percent is just 10 percent. Most of us are still not happy with the course, even i that chose the course, i am not happy because of the way the course is been treated, we have people who have gone a head of us in this course yet they refuse to share their experiences with us, people dont recognise this course/ Career and i dont blame them, i blame us, because we ourselves dont recognise the course, this course is one of the best course in the world, even without our agriculture sector developed, i can't imagine how competitive the course will be when our agriculture sector is as developed as the oil sector, then all agric courses and fst courses will be recognised just like other engineering courses. If we want that to happen we have to start now.
It hurts so much to know that job vacancies for this course are not advertised as oil company or banking jobs, we have people of this career in companies like nestle, cabury,peak/ friesland ,chivita,nigerian breweries and still they refuse to share their experiences with us, how they got the job, their salary scale, e.t.c.
We have people who want to go on IT, but they dont know where to go to, instead they end up doing their IT in fast foods, 'cooking', we dont cook we process food, i dont blame them, it is not their fault, i am sure if they knew how to go about it, like getting their IT in their dream food company i am sure they won't be at fast foods, why, all i know about this course i got to know through research, i am still in 100 level and there is no encouragement from anywhere.
When i open other courses career thread, i see the way they talk, share Career advice, job opportunities, project ideas, salary scale, where to do their IT and so on, but nothing for fst students, it is like this course doesn't exist, i have opened this thread since when and i got only little response, even in the condition that the agric sector of our is, even agric courses thread are moving, they talk, and share ideas with each other, not to talk of fst threads. It hurts,a lot to see how we treat our course with irrelevance, why won't people outside treat us the same way and call us cooks or caterers, we have people in big food companies, and u guys refuse to share ur ideas with us, it is not fair, at all, i am force to ask this question, ARE YOU ASHAMED OF THIS COURSE? , if not why won't u guys who have gone ahead of us share ideas with us. Are you guys not tired of being called cooks or Caterers when you mentioned food science and tech as your course, it pisses me off a lot, you can never see people mentioned elect elect and hear them say it is mech eng or vice versa, they also started from somewhere, and they gained relevance, we also can gain our own relevance.
I will rest my case here, i would try my best not to let this thread die but if it does, well everyone would know that i really did all i could, this thread is nothing without u guys, i really need you guys on this thread, to create awareness.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by marvelling(m): 12:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
Afunkybaby: Dear Food (Scientists, Technologists, Engineers and Nutritionists), i am writing with and extremely sad and angry mood. This is because of the way this course and career is been treated by us, and people outside. The number of people who willing chose this course in the university out of 100 percent is just 10 percent. Most of us are still not happy with the course, even i that chose the course, i am not happy because of the way the course is been treated, we have people who have gone a head of us in this course yet they refuse to share their experiences with us, people dont recognise this course/ Career and i dont blame them, i blame us, because we ourselves dont recognise the course, this course is one of the best course in the world, even without our agriculture sector developed, i can't imagine how competitive the course will be when our agriculture sector is as developed as the oil sector, then all agric courses and fst courses will be recognised just like other engineering courses. If we want that to happen we have to start now.
It hurts so much to know that job vacancies for this course are not advertised as oil company or banking jobs, we have people of this career in companies like nestle, cabury,peak/ friesland ,chivita,nigerian breweries and still they refuse to share their experiences with us, how they got the job, their salary scale, e.t.c.
We have people who want to go on IT, but they dont know where to go to, instead they end up doing their IT in fast foods, 'cooking', we dont cook we process food, i dont blame them, it is not their fault, i am sure if they knew how to go about it, like getting their IT in their dream food company i am sure they won't be at fast foods, why, all i know about this course i got to know through research, i am still in 100 level and there is no encouragement from anywhere.
When i open other courses career thread, i see the way they talk, share Career advice, job opportunities, project ideas, salary scale, where to do their IT and so on, but nothing for fst students, it is like this course doesn't exist, i have opened this thread since when and i got only little response, even in the condition that the agric sector of our is, even agric courses thread are moving, they talk, and share ideas with each other, not to talk of fst threads. It hurts,a lot to see how we treat our course with irrelevance, why won't people outside treat us the same way and call us cooks or caterers, we have people in big food companies, and u guys refuse to share ur ideas with us, it is not fair, at all, i am force to ask this question, ARE YOU ASHAMED OF THIS COURSE? , if not why won't u guys who have gone ahead of us share ideas with us. Are you guys not tired of being called cooks or Caterers when you mentioned food science and tech as your course, it pisses me off a lot, you can never see people mentioned elect elect and hear them say it is mech eng or vice versa, they also started from somewhere, and they gained relevance, we also can gain our own relevance.
I will rest my case here, i would try my best not to let this thread die but if it does, well everyone would know that i really did all i could, this thread is nothing without u guys, i really need you guys on this thread, to create awareness.

Get over it! angry you are being unnecessarily sentimental! And that's the major flaw in your write up above.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
sentimental, how undecidedsentimental, how
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by 4tunebest(f): 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2013
Funkybaby I am quite touched by what you wrote up there. I would b back soon to share my experience so far. Its just dat I hardly visit Nairaland these days. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2013
4tunebest: Funkybaby I am quite touched by what you wrote up there. I would b back soon to share my experience so far. Its just dat I hardly visit Nairaland these days. Cheers

we cant wait for your kind response.........[size=15pt]funky i share your pain,it shall be well ok...am a lab scientist with interest in food processing, i jus have passion for the course, but most fst student lack foresight of what the future holds for them as food scientist, they rather prefer other professions[/size]
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by marvelling(m): 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
Emzybrown:

we cant wait for your kind response.........[size=15pt]funky i share your pain,it shall be well ok...am a lab scientist with interest in food processing, i jus have passion for the course, but most fst student lack foresight of what the future holds for them as food scientist, they rather prefer other professions[/size]

You share her pain?! How? Mr man you have no fucking idea! angry if, as you claim, you have "passion" for fst, then why are you in med lab science?

Once upon a time I felt exactly the same way about microbiology, infact i almost became depressed because it seemed like a dead end career wise, as the only microbiologists i saw succeeding were the lecturers. But I realised that the harsh reality outside the academic setting essentially allows only those that have something to offer to thrive (and this group of individuals are very few). Just because you believe that your field of study is "important" doesn't mean there'll be ready made jobs & "prestige" for those that studied that course in school.

The question is what does afunkybaby & co have to offer the food & beverage industry in Nigeria? Are they willing to make the necessary sacrifices to fit into the industry as it is presently structured? Pls stop whining!
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
marvelling:

You share her pain?! How? Mr man you have no fucking idea! angry if, as you claim, you have "passion" for fst, then why are you in med lab science?

Once upon a time I felt exactly the same way about microbiology, infact i almost became depressed because it seemed like a dead end career wise, as the only microbiologists i saw succeeding were the lecturers. But I realised that the harsh reality outside the academic setting essentially allows only those that have something to offer to thrive (and this group of individuals are very few). Just because you believe that your field of study is "important" doesn't mean there'll be ready made jobs & "prestige" for those that studied that course in school.

The question is what does afunkybaby & co have to offer the food & beverage industry in Nigeria? Are they willing to make the necessary sacrifices to fit into the industry as it is presently structured? Pls stop whining!

marveling you have been an interesting guy on nairaland, medical lab science is not designed only to train scientist who are confined to the workbench, for your info i dont intend to practice my profession in the hospital setting, i want to diversify to other related fields, lab scientists can work in a pharmaceutical company, water utility departments, food processing industries especially as a quality control personnel. At this moment i have friends in food science, i can categorically tell you they are purely graduates novice of fst...Theoretically am well versed with my role in food processing industry, what i seek is hands on practical experience....So stick that to your immunological memory that i have passion for food science and technology...like you said and i concur.The world belongs to those with foresight,that can make a way where others lack knowledge, funkybaby seeks people who can motivate her and help her in a small way to drive her passion.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
@4tunesbest i look forward to your reply it will help all fst students
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2013
Emzybrown:

emzybrown thanks for you reply, hmm, foresight is very important,i look forward to seeing you in the food industry
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
marvelling:

marvelling, u amaze me a lot, first u said i am being sentimental, then u tell emzybrown he is whining, what is really your problem bro, this is not the first tym u are behaving this way on this thread, infact there was this thread about a med lab science guy who wanted to know what his course was about and u where insulting him, why do u behave as if u know all about a person, ehn, u behave as if u know it all, marvelling, what exactly is your point, if anybody is to comment on this thread i expect constructive criticism and help from those people not people who keep shoving their ego in people's face, i wrote what i have noticed about the course, and those who studied this course who know truly that i am not lying in my write up, and i accept corrections by my fst seniors, graduates, and people expert in my field and also people outside my field of study,
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by marvelling(m): 5:44am On Sep 25, 2013
Afunkybaby: marvelling, u amaze me a lot, first u said i am being sentimental, then u tell emzybrown he is whining, what is really your problem bro, this is not the first tym u are behaving this way on this thread, infact there was this thread about a med lab science guy who wanted to know what his course was about and u where insulting him, why do u behave as if u know all about a person, ehn, u behave as if u know it all, marvelling, what exactly is your point, if anybody is to comment on this thread i expect constructive criticism and help from those people not people who keep shoving their ego in people's face, i wrote what i have noticed about the course, and those who studied this course who know truly that i am not lying in my write up, and i accept corrections by my fst seniors, graduates, and people expert in my field and also people outside my field of study,

Firstly, when I said stop whining, I wasn't referring to emzybrown, I was referring to you!

Secondly, if you are unbiased, go back to the thread where I "insulted" the guy who asked about med lab science. You'll realise that I was the only one who bothered to give him relevant information, and when I expressed concern about his naivety, he spurned my advice and began insulting me. I had to reply him back and put him in his place.

Thirdly, I've noticed that you are not different from the guy on that thread. Go back and read the first two posts I made on this your thread. I gave relevant information on one of the possible (if not the best) ways to break into the food & beverage industry but you spurned the advice because you were expecting me to come and jonze with you!

I do my best to contribute constructively to every thread I comment on (though I am not always correct), but people always think that i am antagonistic because I state the hard facts as I see them.

When I said you were sentimental, i didn't mean you were lying or that you didn't know what you were saying. I meant that your lamentation above stemmed out of your obvious disappointment in the fact that you & other fst graduates might not be relevant in the current scheme of things as the food & beverage industry currently stands. I empathise with you, but don't expect me to pamper you.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 25, 2013
marvelling:

Firstly, when I said stop whining, I wasn't referring to emzybrown, I was referring to you!

Secondly, if you are unbiased, go back to the thread where I "insulted" the guy who asked about med lab science. You'll realise that I was the only one who bothered to give him relevant information, and when I expressed concern about his naivety, he spurned my advice and began insulting me. I had to reply him back and put him in his place.

Thirdly, I've noticed that you are not different from the guy on that thread. Go back and read the first two posts I made on this your thread. I gave relevant information on one of the possible (if not the best) ways to break into the food & beverage industry but you spurned the advice because you were expecting me to come and jonze with you!

I do my best to contribute constructively to every thread I comment on (though I am not always correct), but people always think that i am antagonistic because I state the hard facts as I see them.

When I said you were sentimental, i didn't mean you were lying or that you didn't know what you were saying. I meant that your lamentation above stemmed out of your obvious disappointment in the fact that you & other fst graduates might not be relevant in the current scheme of things as the food & beverage industry currently stands. I empathise with you, but don't expect me to pamper you.
whining, jozing, pampering, what is all this insults for, ehn marvelling, abi, well get this in that head of urs, when people give advice, they give that advice without insults, and about ur last statement, my course is very relevant in the food industry and all over the world, what i asked for is more information and elightment, experience from those who have gone ahead of us, did i do wrong by asking, ignorance is not and excuse and i wanted to use this thread to enlighten all fst students everywhere, including myself, including the new jambites coming in, most of us dont know anything about the course and experiences from those before us who help us know we are able to offer the food industry, so what is ur problem with me asking for help from my senior colleagues ehn marvelling, pls if u dont understand what i wrote in my post above, say so and i would explain, dont come here to insult anyone, when u where in school i am sure advice from your seniors in school helped, no man is an island. I rest my case here.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 25, 2013
Dear fst students i am sure when you going to be viewing this thread you would see some arguments, well i am sorry for that, arguments are unavoidable sometimes, and i promise from now on,that there will no detrailing of this thread, anymore.
The main purpose i had for this thread is for we FST students to receive orientation from those in higher levels than us and those that in the food industry, for them to share their experiences with us, so that we can learn and know more about this course, for us to be able to offer the food industry our very best. And to enable us to learn appreciate this course more.
It is not that we won't go on research, oh we will, but u can help to put us through, tell us how to get jobs or IT placements in food companies. You can even post jobs and IT placement positions for fst students on this thread so that we can have first hand knowledge of how to go about it.
Lastly, we need to create awareness for this thread, for all fst students in all schools and in all levels, i can't do it alone, i need you all. If any knows how we can do this, suggestions from everyone is highly welcome. I dont know, if this will help, but any fst student who would like to do there IT in nestle, i heard they do exams, and u submit your IT letter at their office in Ilupeju, u can Google their address.
I wanted you all to know that we would just sit back and expect you to do all the work for us, i want you to know that we would do our apart, but your experiences in these companies who help us all.
Thanks and God bless you all.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by marvelling(m): 7:57am On Sep 25, 2013
Afunkybaby:
whining, jozing, pampering, what is all this insults for, ehn marvelling, abi, well get this in that head of urs, when people give advice, they give that advice without insults, and about ur last statement, my course is very relevant in the food industry and all over the world, what i asked for is more information and elightment, experience from those who have gone ahead of us, did i do wrong by asking, ignorance is not and excuse and i wanted to use this thread to enlighten all fst students everywhere, including myself, including the new jambites coming in, most of us dont know anything about the course and experiences from those before us who help us know we are able to offer the food industry, so what is ur problem with me asking for help from my senior colleagues ehn marvelling, pls if u dont understand what i wrote in my post above, say so and i would explain, dont come here to insult anyone, when u where in school i am sure advice from your seniors in school helped, no man is an island. I rest my case here.

Smh! Too bad you don't really understand the import of what I said! I didn't say food science & technology is not important in nigeria & the world at large, I said you & other fst graduates MIGHT not be relevant in the scheme of things as they currently are in the food & beverage industry in nigeria.

You are allowing your sentiments to blind you, keeping you from getting the real thrust of my argument so far. Too bad!
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by 4tunebest(f): 9:07am On Sep 25, 2013
Please enough of these arguments. Like i mentioned earlier, FST is a very wonderful course. I'll try 2 share my experience in bits and pieces 'cos I just cant tell you that 'am a successful Food Technologist without letting you know few of what I had 2 go through both in and out of school 2 get 2 dis stage. Studying the course was fun 4 me 'cos I love Biology and Chemistry but d major challenge I experienced was when I realised that I had 2 love maths as well and not just ordinary maths, but Engineering mathematics. (FST is under the faculty of Engineering in my school and so we had 2 offer some engineering courses). Throughout secondary school I was an average student in mathematics. I hated maths with passion. However, 2 get d kind of grade I wanted in d university, I had 2 be an A student in Engineering Mathematics. It seemed impossible but I knew I had 2 find a way
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2013
4tunebest: Please enough of these arguments. Like i mentioned earlier, FST is a very wonderful course. I'll try 2 share my experience in bits and pieces 'cos I just cant tell you that 'am a successful Food Technologist without letting you know few of what I had 2 go through both in and out of school 2 get 2 dis stage. Studying the course was fun 4 me 'cos I love Biology and Chemistry but d major challenge I experienced was when I realised that I had 2 love maths as well and not just ordinary maths, but Engineering mathematics. (FST is under the faculty of Engineering in my school and so we had 2 offer some engineering courses). Throughout secondary school I was an average student in mathematics. I hated maths with passion. However, 2 get d kind of grade I wanted in d university, I had 2 be an A student in Engineering Mathematics. It seemed impossible but I knew I had 2 find a way
You are very correct with your statement, in my school oau when an fst student get to 200 level, in our first and second semester will do engineering maths, i seriously need God's help, it is well, we are under faculty of technology in oau, so tell us 4tunebest how you exceled
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 25, 2013
marvelling:

Smh! Too bad you don't really understand the import of what I said! I didn't say food science & technology is not important in nigeria & the world at large, I said you & other fst graduates MIGHT not be relevant in the scheme of things as they currently are in the food & beverage industry in nigeria.

You are allowing your sentiments to blind you, keeping you from getting the real thrust of my argument so far. Too bad!
Well marvelling, i dont think you are the judge of our relevance in the food industry, i will let fst graduates in the industry tell us about that. We are very relevant. Dont derail this thread any more, this thread is not for arguments, i want to argue i will advise u to create another thread for that purpose, any more arguments from you will be ignored. Have a lovely day. Thanks for your cooperation.
Re: Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria by 4tunebest(f): 9:29am On Sep 25, 2013
Thankfully, I had a dad who always told me that there isn't any subject too difficult 2 master, and that mathematics was the easiest of all subjects. That boosted my confidence a little bit and so I approached maths with an entirely new attitude. I am saying all these because it is inevitable that you will come across certain courses which will seem difficult 4 you to tackle as you might even be informed by past seniors that you should count yourself lucky 2 have a 'D' in the course 'cos its impossible 2 have an 'A'. These are all lies as you can have whatever grade you chose in any course as long as you are willing to pay the price by studying hard and not missing lectures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Reconnecting Power Cables In Delta (Video) / Mass Sack, Demotion Looms In Customs / The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.