Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Mugabe To Obama.....where You Born Out Of Homosexuality - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe To Obama.....where You Born Out Of Homosexuality (566 Views)

"Even Satan Wasn't Gay,........." Mugabe On Homosexuality / SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality. / Letter With Poisonous Ricin Sent To Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mugabe To Obama.....where You Born Out Of Homosexuality by gezzyvinci(m): 3:58am On Jul 27, 2013
Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe railed against President Obama during a recent campaign rally, arguing that the U.S. president wanted to force Africa to "embrace homosexuality." The African leader often criticizes homosexuality
or other perceived enemies to gin up populist
support, but the turn against Obama included a
new comment. "Then we have this American president, Obama,
born of an African father, who is saying we will
not give you aid if you don't embrace
homosexuality," Mugabe said. "We ask, was he born out of homosexuality? We
need continuity in our race, and that comes from
the woman, and no to homosexuality. John and
John, no. Maria and Maria, no." He then broke briefly into Shona, a native
Zimbabwean language, before concluding, it's not
clear about whom, ""f they don't, we will cut
their heads off." Mugabe also reiterated his oft-repeated
comparison between homosexuals and pigs. "They are worse than dogs and pigs, yes worse
than dogs and pigs," he said. "I keep pigs and the
male pig knows the female one." Parts of the speech, including some of the swipe
at Obama, were independently reported in the
Zimbabwean outlet NewsDay. Mugabe is facing reelection on July 31. It's the
country's first presidential vote since a violence-
ridden 2008 election that was met with such
international outcry that Mugabe was forced to
accept a power-sharing arrangement with one of
his rivals, though he has appeared to largely maintain power. Mugabe has run Zimbabwe since 1980 and is
now 89 years old but shows no signs of ceding
power willingly. Attitudes toward homosexuality are negative in
much of sub-Saharan Africa, where homophobia
is often used by populist leaders looking for an
easy enemy or a way to divert from tougher
issues. The Obama administration's plan to support gay
rights in Africa has at times been met with a
backlash and a belief among some that the United
States wishes to impose homosexuality on
Africans. Just for good measure, Mugabe also criticized
Britain, which he called, in an almost word-for-
word reproduction of long-held North Korean
propaganda tropes, "a very cold, uninhabitable
country with small houses."
Re: Mugabe To Obama.....where You Born Out Of Homosexuality by Nomski0(f): 6:27am On Jul 27, 2013
I love his question to Obama. I want to see the know-it-all american president answer Robert's question
Re: Mugabe To Obama.....where You Born Out Of Homosexuality by lordizak(m): 6:37am On Jul 27, 2013
in everything you can do in life, na Obama u WAN criticize? go and learn spellings. and besides me and u are not gays, does not give us right to decide for them.
Re: Mugabe To Obama.....where You Born Out Of Homosexuality by AbuMikey(m): 8:59am On Jul 27, 2013
Nomski0: I love his question to Obama. I want to see the know-it-all american president answer Robert's question
He's surely gonna give Mugabe a befitting answer!
I Trust Obama nau!

(1) (Reply)

Typhoon Haiyan: UN Launches $301m Philippines Aid Appeal / Nelson Mandela Biography / Nelson Mandela Finally Laid To Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.