Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,919 members, 7,824,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

How To Make Effective Use Of Your Time On The Internet - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Make Effective Use Of Your Time On The Internet (769 Views)

16 Inventions That Show Humans Have Too Much Time On Their Hands / Spending A Lot Of Time on the Internet Can Make You Unstable? / Scientist Sends Brain Signal Via The Internet To Control Colleague's Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Effective Use Of Your Time On The Internet by noskyboy(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2013
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE EFFECTIVE USE OF YOUR TIME ON THE INTERNET.
This generation is characterized by easy access and manipulation of ICT facilities, the internet can be accessed by almost everybody, many people use the internet for various purposes on daily bases, some for business, some for research, many for social networking and so on. I have noticed that many people including me, visit the net with a specific aim, but end up not achieving that aim, because we are being carried away by other things like social networking, download of music, videos, movies, streaming of online videos e.t.c, you know all those fun stuff going on on the internet, its as if our memory formats as soon as we go online, and before remembering your aim, time is up. If your are a victim of such, here are tips you can use to overcome it, and start making effective use of your time online and using the spare time for other ''distractions''.
- before going online, get a small piece of paper and make a scale of preference, write down things you want to do online according to the priority you attach to them, and tick as you complete. that would help you not to do unimportant things first while leaving the major stuff at the mercy of your memory, which automatically erase as you go online.
- don't create too many tabs when browsing, try to conclude things one after the other, because too many tabs would divide your attention, and you might end up not finishing anything
- don't visit any social network site when doing very important things online, esp. Research, some would say ''make I just open one tab login facebook'' no no no, don't do that, face research or whatever your doing before facebook, twitter e.t.c.
- play some good music with an earpiece while browsing, it helps take away all external distractions and makes you feel good, remember, good music lies in ear of the hearer, what's good for me may be crap for you.
- lastly, this one is a bit silly but it works, browse when the network is good, its less frustrating and more fun.
Hope I have helped someone out there, if you have more, lets hear it. Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am out.
Re: How To Make Effective Use Of Your Time On The Internet by Emylexray(m): 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
Nice! Weldone OP. I'm actually a victim of your assertion on one's attention being divided in doing other things on net.

Btw, i open many tabs! My rate of concentration is flawless grin
Re: How To Make Effective Use Of Your Time On The Internet by HoldenCaulfield(m): 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
Goddamn it

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Will Not Start Charging $2.99 Per Month / How To Prove That A Man Has Three Heads. / Mobile Device Can Scan Hidden Weapons And Drug Onboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.