Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,075 members, 7,821,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business (20367 Views)

Forex Restrictions - Nigerians Run To Ghana Togo Others To Source Dollars / #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria / How To Make Money From Network Marketing Without Talking To People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Mbeki: 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
At the mention of Network Marketing business lots of Nigerians flee. Their running away could be as a result of bad experiences or wrong information and mis-information about the business.
I will be sharing in this thread 5 REASONS Nigerians missed in the Network marketing business and how it is the best investment you can ever put your money into in life.
1. Network Marketing is all about HAWKING DRUGS:
2. They tried selling to Nigerians who are not Health Conscious but Wealth Conscious
3. They partner with Network Companies with limited range of products
4. They don't work as a team. Everyone is working independently and selfishly striving to outdo each other
5. They partner with Network Marketing Company with big but shallow reward schemes

1. Network Marketing is all about HAWKING DRUGS: Reach 0806-573-3884 or ping: 23BE19CA
Network Marketing is far away from anything like selling or hawking drugs. Nigerians who started this business did so on a wrong note. I guess they started the way they did based on our get rich quick mentality and short time perspectives in planning. Network Marketing Business is not about buying and selling products, because selling products will not get you rich, as the profit margin is very minimal. NETWORK MARKETING IS ALL ABOUT YOUR SOCIAL CAPITAL- WHAT IS SOCIAL CAPITAL AND WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOURS :
SOCIAL CAPITAL is the money that exist in the pockets of your social circle, the question is, what do you do with that money? Do you guys just go clubbing or hanging out in joints or smoking cigarettes? Network Marketing harness the power of your social capital to provide an ideal PLAN B stream of income for you. Network Marketing helps you and your Social Circle to work together to build a fortune you can enjoy at a later age.
Network Marketing Company according to Harvard Business school should produce wide range of repetitive ordered products , so for those of us that has been mislead the business is about drugs, please be better informed. Most of those products that looks like drugs are actually foods compressed into tablets, caplet, capsules and syrups as the case may be. So what most of these products do is to supplement the nutrients that are either absent or deficient in the food we consume.
In Conclusion, for those that want to venture into marketing, the good news is that a good Network Marketing Company will not :
1. Ask you to be hawking products
2. Will not be producing one range of products only

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Mbeki: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
Next we'll be discussing the second reason which is : Selling to people that are not health conscious but wealth conscious.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by greenhope(m): 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
Where Have this Guy been your killing it and saying it has it is.

I am yet to see any industry on earth that has produced the number of millionaires in dollars like Network Marketing. if you think other wise show me one corporate firm paying their manager a million dollar and I will show you 50 Network Marketers around the world earning One million dollar monthly.

Its not about money making only but who you become in the process which a value can't be attached to.

In Network Marketing you don't have to have to be but you need to be to have which is where Nigerians are missing it.

The Industry is more about personal development and duplication.

My final say is this like I tell my friends MLM could be a solution to the issue of Unemployment in Nigeria because if you get people what they want or need they will pay you for the value and the company also will compensate you too.

So I say Network Marketing is the best thing that capitalism has produced because you now own your own economy. And in Nigeria I have colleagues who are earning over 3.6m in network marketing monthly in less than a year through focus and deliberate work and so many other Nigerians who hardly share.

Mbeki you are doing a nice job by starting this thread because it pains me when I see people suffering in the midst of plenty. What people don;t know is that our population in this country is also a leverage or an advantage in Network Marketing. lol

My Best financial advice to anyone is to join a good Network Marketing with a product or service that will sell even if it was not in Network Marketing.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Mbeki: 10:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
greenhope:
So I say Network Marketing is the best thing that capitalism has produced because you now own your own economy. And in Nigeria I have colleagues who are earning over 3.6m in network marketing monthly in less than a year through focus and deliberate work and so many other Nigerians who hardly share.

My Best financial advice to anyone is to join a good Network Marketing with a product or service that will sell even if it was not in Network Marketing.

Thanks Greenhope,When they say we are developing country, it's not all about infrastructures alone, it also includes the speed with which we embrace ideas, business ideas inclusive. Glad we have few people like you, who thinks ahead of their time.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by biz1234: 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
It is by far the most effective and proven way to earn a recurring or passive income for life. Think about it...Thanks anyway for sharing.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Mbeki: 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
2. They tried selling to Nigerians who are not Health Conscious but Wealth Conscious

That Nigerians are not health conscious is stating the obvious. It is evident in the way and manner we handle our immediate environment.It is only in Nigeria that people will leave the garbage bin to drop and litter refuse in water drainage or worst still litter roads with refuse. Nigerians can defecate anywhere they deem convenient anytime. Nigerians hardly visit Doctors for medical check-ups unless they are quarter-to-die.
The fall out of the above explanation is further ignorance about organic and in-organic products. Most of the supplements produced by these companies are usually expensive because they are products extracted from nature.
Let's use a simple example, imagine you sell different types of drinks. You tell a Nigerian, Drink A has no label, it contains 25 cubes of sugar and is sold for N 100 and DRINK B is from XYZ company, it's fresh natural juice, squeezed from the source and is organic, promotes good health, and the cost is N 200, which one will a typical Nigeria go for? Your guess is as good as mine. NOTE: It can work in other developed countries but in Nigeria, it's better you don't focus on buying and selling
Lesson:
Any Network Marketing Business model that is based on selling products (supplements)to customers only with the hope to build a fortune from profit is pathway to frustration (At least in Nigeria). Even when they want to buy, most customers will buy on Credit and pay you piece meal till you'll spend all your money on transport or fuel trying to collect money from your so called customers; at the end of the day, you waste your time, energy and money after which you'll end up droping out never to return again.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by biz1234: 11:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
This is where the power of leverage comes in, the more people you have in your circle that are active, the more money you will keep making for life. This is the only business that guarantees you consistent income even after you have retired. That is why the kind of income you generate here is called passive or residual income.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Mbeki: 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
biz1234: This is where the power of leverage comes in, the more people you have in your circle that are active, the more money you will keep making for life. This is the only business that guarantees you consistent income even after you have retired. That is why the kind of income you generate here is called passive or residual income.

Yes BOSS, you get the jake, People! People!! and People!!! and we have lots of them in Nigeria 160 Million, minus the ones born today that will turn 18 in 18 years. I bless the day i joined this business.

President BILL CLINTON SUPPORTED IT WAY BACK (WATCH):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FgjuepfWQ8
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Mbeki: 12:50am On Jul 28, 2013
WHY IT'S THE FUTURE BUSINESS YET TO BE TAPPED:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rqbe26VwdE
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by buy4me: 7:52am On Jul 28, 2013
Wow! that's lots of buck going round.

3rd to comment sha!
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Tonjeola1(m): 9:09am On Jul 28, 2013
very educative and informative.....ride on!
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by millhouse: 9:59am On Jul 28, 2013
So on point
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Gbosh(m): 11:15am On Nov 14, 2013
Good Morning every one,

I really like this thread, but i would really like to know how many books on NETWORK MARKETING you guys have read lately, cos if you guys really read just a book, then you'll understand where MBEKI is coming from.

I really will like us to read any book on Network marketing. Success in this business is about helping others succeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Mbeki: 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
Gbosh: Good Morning every one,

I really like this thread, but i would really like to know how many books on NETWORK MARKETING you guys have read lately, cos if you guys really read just a book, then you'll understand where MBEKI is coming from.

I really will like us to read any book on Network marketing. Success in this business is about helping others succeed.

Your First Year in Network Marketing.. by Yarnell and Yarnell, very educative... sorry guys will continue this thread to the last point. Just hold on for me.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by stevecantrell: 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
Network marketing is like a cult, it only pays the founding members. The rest are just expendable foot soldiers who get paid peanuts.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Tolite22(m): 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2013
Very interesting and objective points raised here about Network Marketing.

Although it is referred to as the business of the 21st century, network marketing takes the first position as the most misunderstood business model in Nigeria. I think the blame for this goes to both the practitioners of network marketing businesses in Nigeria and our character as Nigerians.

To my mind, the key reasons why this business concept, though amazing, is not working for many Nigerians are:

(1) Many of us cannot tell the difference between pyramid or 'Ponzi' schemes and networking marketing. The two models appear to be very similar but one is a scam while the other is a remarkable business opportunity. In fact, I think pyramid schemes (which have fallen many victims) are the real reason why network marketing has such a bad name in many Nigerian minds.

(2) Network marketing is often branded as a get-rich-quick business. This is such a lie. None of the leading network marketing millionaires I know became wealthy is less than 3-5 years. Like every other successful endeavour, making it in network marketing takes TIME, sustained effort and determination. Any one who tells you otherwise is either desperate or a Ponzi schemer.

(3) Many people think it's just a game of numbers; bring 10 people who bring 10 other people and then you make your money back with a huge return. See mumu! I laugh in French! While network marketing relies in the numbers and strength of your NETWORK, the business is really about building a strong and solid team. It's all about teamwork not deceiving or taking advantage of others.

(4) Anybody can become part of network marketing. LIE! While this is true in theory, it doesn't work in the field. If you don't understand the products you're promoting and don't know how the model works, you're only flushing your money down the toilet. Network marketing requires knowledgable, aggressive and goal-oriented people. It also helps if you are sociable and have no problems making friends or talking to total strangers. Above all, you must be CURIOUS. Reading and learning is a MAJOR part of the network marketing business. You must be willing to read and learn from other successful network marketers. If you think you'll just sign up to a network marketing business and money would keep flowing into your bank account while you sleep all day and hang out with friends, I suggest you take a blood test for acute malaria! cheesy

These are just a couple of things (I believe) you should have in mind about the network marketing business. If you run into somebody who tells you to join his/her network marketing business and it requires little work and sounds too good to be true, RUN!

If you're looking to understand Network Marketing from the very basic level, there's a very interesting article I strongly recommend:

Network marketing – How Africans can exploit the world’s most amazing business opportunity http://www.smallstarter.com/browse-ideas/home-and-personal-services/network-and-multi-level-marketing-business-in-africa

I hope this short prose clears the confusion in many heads and inspires others to take advantage of the amazing opportunities in network marketing.

Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Genergo(m): 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
Check this big earners form the industry.

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Genergo(m): 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
Genergo: Check this big earners form the industry.
I am not with any of these companies, just to show how much money some persons are making in this industry
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by solotorch: 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
To every one who is interested in network marketing here is the Golden Opportunity, turning coffee into gold. Organo Gold transforms coffee into a health food and coffee lovers into entrepreneurs. You earn money through 7 ways. 1. Retail profit, 2. Fast track bonus, 3. Dual Team bonus, 4.unilevel bonus, 5. Unilevel Matching Bonus, 6. Generational bonus, 7. Global bonus pool. For more information you send a mail to: olasolomon@hotmail.com or call 08084921893.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Emmandus(m): 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2014
MY MLM DIARY
Today I choose to write from my heart and to start sharing my progress in my exciting Network Marketing Business. I agree with Brian Tracy, these are the best times to be alive, as a matter of fact, these are amazing times to live in. With vast abundance of opportunities online and offline and even much more is the pool of knowledge on from Google and other archives coming to fulfil the prophecy of the Wonderful book – Bible. It says ‘Knowledge shall Increase...’#
One of the other wonders of this time is the power of leverage. Leverage of compounding isn’t new, at least not anymore it’s been proposed ever since the times of Benjamin Franklin and Einstein. One amazing powerful leverage is the leverage of people- the power of Network marketing.
People coming together to help each other. A whole lot of people are so quick to speak against or condemn the business model, especially where I live here in Nigeria. Yet, a large percentage of these people have never read a single book on Network marketing and in some cases even business systems.
My first foray into network marketing was back at the University as an undergraduate, having witnessed my parents being employees start different businesses, I watched them fail in some and succeed in some of other ventures, I got to school with entrepreneurial thoughts in my mind, I wanted to be financially free and in actual fact I had plans to sell my way through school and as that I could likely buy a car as an undergraduate- which I never did, however, I discovered that school was meant to take on all the time you had while all the other times I could squizz out I did engage in other nice activities from Christian programs, a bit of basket-balling to inter-state travels and of course I did some business, which i will regard as part of my learning stages. The first of this businesses I did on the campus was joining an MLM company that had to do with health products.
As an Engineering student I was devoting some time to learning much about the products which were majorly heath products, I did manage to do some good sales with some profits but I couldn’t sustain it perhaps based on my lack of connection of the biochemistry of the products with my present field of study. However I never had a taste of reward .

And years after school I began to understand more the power of networks and most especially of people networks in Multi-Level Marketing in the right company. So after much research, I decided to join this amazing vehicle- (the company, products and amazing marketing plans/rewards system) which I currently drive . I have consciously started to drive the vehicle in last couple of months and I have had a taste of the exciting rewards more than once, yet I am excited at the endless possibilities which lie ahead of me and my growing team of friends on this journey to financial freedom.
I am also excited at the wonderful opportunities our company continue to provide members to increase their financial Intelligence, and also to be able to create different categories of income and most especially passive income, which is instrumental to being financially free. Since network marketing is one of the 5 Channels of Wealth creation, I have decided by God’s grace to passionately drive this vehicle with focus with much speed on my way to financial freedom within the next 30 days and I will explore the opportunities to empower more people through the business even in year to come.
TO learn more about the opportunity please contact me through the link or give me a call . As time is of the essence in every opportunity.
To your Financial Freedom,
Emmanuel Ayeni

Join myself and our team at Avenues to Wealth as we work closely with 20 people who are ready to increase their financial intelligence, make extra monthly income of about $1000 or more, secure your space at the link. http:///VqbOgh

EMMANDUS Networks Nigeria
www.emmanuelayeni.com
Twitter: @emmandus
Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/emmandus
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by leverage12(m): 8:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
@OP you are totally correct, Nigerians mindset toward networking business is very bad. They at most times think its hawking of drugs or just recruiting.

I have down lines in my team that earn monthly without selling and some that doesn't even have down lines that still make money through the company through retail sales and monthly bonus.

There are just two ways to survive in networking business like I use to tell people, its either you are a team building(which you may not need to sell) or you are a good sales person, but to me I rather prefer building a team and earning my financial freedom than just sell the products.

As for those that think is just selling of drugs or supplements let me disappoint you that there are some good networking companies even here in Nigeria that has other wonder products apart from supplements like inverters , massaging machines, skin care products etc.

Just open your heart on What you think you are good at and good toward, then work more on it.

Cheers.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by anyinso: 1:09am On Aug 24, 2014
All the contributors here are correct but one thing they fell to realize is the Networking marketing as it is now is align to Nigeria culture. Not until we pattern it in line with our people's way of life, their challenges and aspirations, it will continue to be the case of few people sharing the testimony of the million they make while majority will continue to cry and make little or nothing out of it. This my observation be a networker myself.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by Emmandus(m): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2014
NETWORK mARKETING IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY AND i AM CURRENTLY ON THE PLATFORM OF AN AMAZING COMPANY. WE ARE IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD AND WAXING STRONGER IN NIGERIA. THE COMPANY PAYS WEEKLY AND IN DOLLARS! You can call me for details if you want more from life 07033875827
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by millhouse: 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
following
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by vonskyes(m): 12:15am On Nov 06, 2014
stevecantrell:
Network marketing is like a cult, it only pays the founding members. The rest are just expendable foot soldiers who get paid peanuts.

I don't agree with you sir!!!
1. Network marketing is a business!
2. What you get out of Network marketing business is proportional to the amount of work you put into it.
3. The benefits outweigh the odds
4. Your success depends 100% on your mindset
Drop ur email address and I'll tell you more, by the time I'm done you would have been enlightened.
Best Regards.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by vonskyes(m): 12:21am On Nov 06, 2014
@Mbeki
You are doing a good job throwing more light on Network marketing, I guess Nigerians know better. Keep up the good work sir.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by vonskyes(m): 5:40am On Jan 22, 2015
4 Reasons why you should go into network marketing by Robert Kiyosaki

One must learn how to make money work for them instead of the other way round.

This can only be done by understanding how money truly works. Its not about working hard all day long. Its all about leverage.

Its all about creating something that would produce you income irrespective of the fact whether you are there or not.

One of his famous quotes:

The richest people in the world build networks; everyone else is trained to look for work

Though this industry is considered to be a scam by many due to the activity of many fraudulent companies, it actually is not.

Network marketing is an industry with a truly unique concept that allows every individual an equal opportunity for success.

Here's some of the reasons why its so powerful:

1. Low cost of entry - Every person may not be able to start a traditional business but that's not the case with a network marketing industry. Any person who has a desire to grow can build a network marketing business.

2. Life Transforming Education - Robert Kiyosaki feels that the knowledge one gains by being a part of this industry is nothing short of life transforming. Its not just about investing some money and building a business, its about eliminating personal fears, learning proper skills and working with different kinds of people to build a thriving organization. No wonder, this industry produces millionaires on a consistent basis.

3. Leverage And Residual Income - The multi level marketing industry offers an individual the opportunity to create a walk away residual income. Leverage is one of the key aspects of this business. The idea is to build a stable network which grows irrespective of whether you are there or not.

4. Flexibility - One can start this business in a part time fashion and get involved full time when the right time comes in.

Are There Any Negative Aspects Of The Network Marketing Industry

Not really. When people constantly read about some network marketing company or the other getting closed down on a regular basis, they think that the whole industry is like this.

Actually its not. There are a lot of legitimate network marketing business opportunities out there which have stood the test of time and are going strong.

Choosing a good network marketing company is very crucial but that is a discussion for some other day.

So yes, this is a great industry!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by cmc1: 7:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
you have all made great contributions. Just like most of you pointed out rightly, network marketing is by far a better way to a sustainable substantial or residual income. I have been following or studying the act of networking business over the years and i realised that if you must make money from the business then you must be willing to work as a team and you must know the product that you market very well.

Having read some books and studied the system very well, i discovered that it is easier to succeed in the business if you have full and grounded knowledge of the business than to fail when you just JUMP into the business JUST for the MONEY.

I am succeeding in the networking market just because i studied and understood the system before starting and that i also understood the product for which i market, and i also understood the power of team work.

Personally i believe that the network business is the business for the 21st century. And with the diversion of network marketing companies from the health sector (drugs and food supplements) into other sectors such as oil and gas, technology etc, the business will definitely survive in Nigeria.
I presently work with a great team in the oil and gas sector building great networks across the Nation. You too can join us and succeed in the business
Thanks to the numerous network marketers who contributed to this thread.
For more info reach us on 07038922873 mail: cmcconcept@gmail.com
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by 40dogzz(m): 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nice 1 pals. I hard this notion like other nigerians about mlm, but it all changed coz of the books i started reading. Many nigerians what to hammer now now, they think is a get rich scheme, mean while is not. mlm is the best business model i have ever seen. Robert kiyosaki opened my eyes. Nigerians don't like reading thats another thing. I posted a biz on this platform, people sent their emails when they discorved it was mlm they locked up, thinking they where doing me a favour. If u have interest on the first online business school that pays u while u learn & earn, send me an email petmore54@gmail.com, this is the best internet biz around now, coz u will be rich if u just follow it well.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business by 40dogzz(m): 9:27am On Feb 12, 2015
Am planing to raise millionaires this yr, the first online business school is the nxt oil money. Email me via petmore54@gmail.com for the full info.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! / Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks / 5 Things You Must Know To Live Above The Current Recession.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.