Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf (1281 Views)

I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) / I'tikaf / Fatwas - I'tikaf Special (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf by kunmibola(m): 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
Salam Alekum, brothers and sisters.

In my quest for more knowledge and a sound spiritual life, I wish to embark on I'tikaf this ramadhan even if its for the last three days. Being the first time, I dont know any mosque around my area where I can go and that's where the first challenge comes in. I am presently in Ibadan, can anyone who knows a place kindly help me out? I wouldn't mind even if its in Lagos, Oyo town or anywhere close to Ibadan. Also, what am I going to need as I embark on this spiritual sojourn? Expecting your swift responses!
Re: Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf by Aminat508(f): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
what of osun/osogbo, am also going for here in osogbo
Re: Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf by kunmibola(m): 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2013
Aminat508: what of osun/osogbo, am also going for here in osogbo

Haaaa... Osogbo! Would have loved Osogbo but I am not familiar with the place coupled with the fact that I dont want to go outside Oyo State.
Re: Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf by golpen(m): 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
kunmibola: Salam Alekum, brothers and sisters.

In my quest for more knowledge and a sound spiritual life, I wish to embark on I'tikaf this ramadhan even if its for the last three days. Being the first time, I dont know any mosque around my area where I can go and that's where the first challenge comes in. I am presently in Ibadan, can anyone who knows a place kindly help me out? I wouldn't mind even if its in Lagos, Oyo town or anywhere close to Ibadan. Also, what am I going to need as I embark on this spiritual sojourn? Expecting your swift responses!

I also live in ibadan...there are plenty mosques where you can do itikaf in ibadan...there's arisekola mosque in iwo rd though its always too rowdy there, there's kuliyatu-l-imam malik in olunloyo rd (I always have mine there also) but I don't think I'll be in for this year's, but I'll recommend you do it there. You'll enjoy it insha Allah. If you want me to describe the place for you, you may tell me where you'll be coming from.
Re: Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf by kunmibola(m): 5:28am On Jul 28, 2013
golpen:

I also live in ibadan...there are plenty mosques where you can do itikaf in ibadan...there's arisekola mosque in iwo rd though its always too rowdy there, there's kuliyatu-l-imam malik in olunloyo rd (I always have mine there also) but I don't think I'll be in for this year's, but I'll recommend you do it there. You'll enjoy it insha Allah. If you want me to describe the place for you, you may tell me where you'll be coming from.

Brother, J.k. So far, so good, the references are I have in Ibadan is the Arisekola Mosque hence, I agree with you that the mosque will be rowdy. I think I will go for the one you are used to. Is there a particular amount if money I am to pay? Sir, kindly share your experience and the address.
Re: Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf by golpen(m): 6:51am On Jul 28, 2013
kunmibola:

Brother, J.k. So far, so good, the references are I have in Ibadan is the Arisekola Mosque hence, I agree with you that the mosque will be rowdy. I think I will go for the one you are used to. Is there a particular amount if money I am to pay? Sir, kindly share your experience and the address.

You are not to pay any amount o...just make sure you resume early so that you get a suitable space and mattress (provided by the mosque) for yourself. I don't know their plans for this year, but there's always provision for food. You may just make some preparations on your own, in case the food provided does not suit you. That's all, then your normal clothes and cosmetics.
Re: Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf by deols(f): 11:08am On Jul 28, 2013
UI mosque is good.
Re: Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf by raeez(m): 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
I think u.I mosque is spacious enough but the problem is registration might have closed the fee is N5.500 for non students
Re: Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf by deols(f): 3:12am On Jul 29, 2013
How much is it for students?
Re: Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf by raeez(m): 6:12am On Jul 29, 2013
N3000 for students
Re: Help Me To Plan For I'tikaf by dowex: 7:08am On Jun 24, 2016

(1) (Reply)

The Moon Has Been Sighted In The Middle East / What Is Wrong In Wearing Suit To The Mosque? / Important Fatwas On Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.