Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Todays Christian And Hypocrisy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Todays Christian And Hypocrisy (515 Views)

Gossip And Hypocrisy: Which Is The Hardest Sin To Avoid / The Gospel Of Materialism – Nigerian Pentecostalism And Hypocrisy / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Todays Christian And Hypocrisy by dhammer(m): 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
hy·poc·ri·sy [hi- pok -r uh -see]
1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral
or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one
does not really possess.
2. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly
approved attitude.
3. an act or instance of hypocrisy.

Christians lie, cheat, steal, fornicate and do all sorts of 'shameful' acts but still make themselves judge, jury and executioner.
An example being Ted Haggard, who rabidly preached against homosexual practice, while he himself was involved in it on a routine basis.
The fact remains the only set of people Jesus Christ expressed hatred / disgust towards were the hypocrites ie the pharisees.
So, is this just something only I see or has it been a cause for concern for someone else?
(please this is not a thread to slander christians, before you post, do a little introspection)

(1) (Reply)

Desmond Tutu: ‘I Would Not Worship A Homophobic God'’ / Cardinal Dolan: The Pope Hasn't Changed The Church's Teaching On Homosexuality / RCCG 61st Annual Convention Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.