Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? (12980 Views)

How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading / Show Me The Autheticity Of Your Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by DeevaB: 6:57am On Jul 28, 2013
Out of my curiousity just had to ask this question? Why do you place your Bible on the bed close to you or near your head? Have noticed most people do it and rarely open the bible to read/study,
Some mothers do it for their newborn baby.
I started doing it for some years now cause i want to read & study the bible before going out everyday .
2. It gives me a sense of safety having it close to me.
3. An identification that am a christian.
Uhmmm, dos re my major ones. What are yours?
Happy sunday!

1 Like

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by UfuomaUN(m): 8:22am On Jul 28, 2013
What you need is the word of God in your heart.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 28, 2013
Ufuoma UN: What you need is the word of God in your heart.
spot on!
Though you 1st reason is ok.
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by mikechrist: 10:50am On Jul 28, 2013
God is great and i love to read Holy bible
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by Afam4eva(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2013
I don't know when some Christians will realize that bible is just a book. It's the content when applied that's important.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by Uwakuwak(f): 10:51am On Jul 28, 2013
So that the enemy will see that i'm not alone.
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 28, 2013
the fear of 'awon iya mi nile tawa' is the begining of wisdom

1 Like

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by Odunharry(m): 10:59am On Jul 28, 2013
for easy access ie i can read it wen im 2 tayad 2 get up...u knw mornin tings

1 Like

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by Uwakuwak(f): 10:59am On Jul 28, 2013
Arrow of fire

1 Like

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by danielonyisi(m): 10:59am On Jul 28, 2013
There is power in the Bible
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by tommykiwi(m): 11:03am On Jul 28, 2013
The Bible is like a BOMB to the powers of darkness!

2 Likes

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by ifejilikja(m): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2013
d word of GOD is ultimate in our life, don't place it anywhere you like and think it does magic, no. Read d word of GOD and pratice it, and then you can see d wonders of GOD in ur life
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by Immatex(m): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2013
The Bible is not an object of charm or a talisman. Those who practice this are reducing the Holy writings to a talisman. Proverbs 18:10 says: 'The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection.' So God's name-Jehovah-not the Bible is a saving power. So put faith in Jehovah and seek to do his will, thus taking refuge in his name -Zeph. 3:12, 13

2 Likes

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by baslone: 11:14am On Jul 28, 2013
The same reason you will find it by the bedside in every motel, hotel and brothel.
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by free2ryhme: 11:16am On Jul 28, 2013
DeevaB: Out of my curiousity just had to ask this question? Why do you place your Bible on the bed close to you or near your head? Have noticed most people do it and rarely open the bible to read/study,
I started doing it for some years now cause i want to read & study the bible before going out everyday .
Happy sunday!

I dont place my bible on bed close to me or near my head .. i keep my bible in a safe place wher i can have full access to it
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by illicit(m): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2013
to pursue incubuses and succubuses!

1 Like

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by AroOkigbo(m): 11:28am On Jul 28, 2013
Because of people from my village.

1 Like

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by Adex097: 11:29am On Jul 28, 2013
My bible is in ma phone.
And I must cause traffic @ oga seun's NL
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by ERF: 11:31am On Jul 28, 2013
Afam4eva: I don't know when some Christians will realize that bible is just a book. It's the content when applied that's important.

I disagree to agree with that. The bible and its contents are spiritual.
What yhu believe is what works for yhu, as far as yhu aint a hypocrite.
Putting the bible there without opening it to read won't produce result, buh when yhu read it and put it there, it can be as a source of companion as it gives some people spiritual awareness and makes them feel secured seeing it.
So far yhu aint a hypocrite, its not bad.
Buh the bible is not just a book ...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by Ryda(m): 11:38am On Jul 28, 2013
DeevaB: Out of my curiousity just had to ask this question? Why do you place your Bible on the bed close to you or near your head? Have noticed most people do it and rarely open the bible to read/study,
4. It protects u from the evildoers
5. It protects u from dangers when u meditate on it.
Happy sunday!
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by ekwerendi(m): 11:43am On Jul 28, 2013
D WORD OF GOD WHICH IS THE BIBLE IS LIFE EVEN IN UR UNCONSCIOUS STATE....SO DATS Y IS KEPT THERE

1 Like

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by slimyem: 11:45am On Jul 28, 2013
I don't. My bible is in soft copy smiley
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 28, 2013
So that i can read it when I wake up every morning. Its the first thing I touch when I wake up.
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by pinkylips1: 11:53am On Jul 28, 2013
To send away evil powers.......there isn't a greater and more powerful book,wherever it is kept.....evil powers flee.
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 28, 2013
illicit: to pursue incubuses and succubuses!
gringrin reminds me of my Sec. School days

1 Like

Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:55am On Jul 28, 2013
if you want a quick one before falling asleep, the bible is very handy. just turn to the Songs of Solomon and let your imaginations do the rest.
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by Goldenheart(m): 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
word of God easily acessible... maybe when you just woke suddenly in the middle of night with one revelation.
Re: Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? by DeevaB: 12:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
Some comments really got laughing cheesy. Thanks tu y'all for ur replies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Two Gods Of Islam. / Shocking: 7 Year Old Girl Reveals That Adeboye,t.bjoshua, Oyedepo,oritsejafor,ol / 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.