Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses (39737 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by mailtimi(m): 5:45am On Sep 04, 2014
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome through his through his lawyer, Mr. Kemi Pinheiro (SAN) has threatened to seek legal redress against journalists and media house publishing stories about the divorce scandal he his embroiled in with is wife, Anita.

Portion of the statement read thus:

“The attention of our client, Rev. Chris Oyakhilome, and the church has been drawn to the wave of false, malicious and fabricated stories being published in the print and electronic media about his person, the church and a matrimonial cause between him and his wife," his attorney stated.

Sharply criticizing the recent coverage of the divorce proceedings, which the statement did not refute, the release claimed that publishers went so far as to fabricate claims that he had committed adultery against his wife, Anita. These contradict her claims that the leader of Christ Embassy Church had indeed been unfaithful during their "terribly degenerated" marriage, something she disclosed through counsel to Premium Times earlier Wednesday.

Characterizing the media's coverage of his wife's efforts to divorce him as “complete distortion of the facts in the pending proceedings in the United Kingdom”, the statement cited the coverage as "selfishly motivated" for political and financial advantage.

Oyakhilome's counsel further said the media's coverage was engineered to bring him and the church shame and ridicule, though his wife was the person who aired the allegations against him. Earlier today, Wednesday, Mrs. Oyakhilome even told Premium Times, through counsel, that the marriage had "terribly degenerated".

The statement also acknowledged freedom of the press, but quite contradictorily cautioned that further action will be taken to safeguard the image of the church and the pastor if coverage continued. "Be warned therefore that unless the concerned media houses desist from further publishing words and stories which are false and damaging of our client’s reputation and the church, we shall, without further recourse to the concerned publishers, promptly embark on appropriate legal machinery with a view to protecting our client’s reputation and that of the church."
http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/03/pastor-chris-oyakhilome-denies-adultery-accusations-threatens-sue-journalists

7 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by jeffizy(m): 5:49am On Sep 04, 2014
He's right. Ko kan aye.

4 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by lonelydora: 5:50am On Sep 04, 2014
Journalists! He's simply telling you people to FACE YOUR WORK

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by hardywaltz(m): 5:53am On Sep 04, 2014
Make una leave this man alone naa, make him fit sort himself out and perhaps reconcile with Anita.

19 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by drsteroid(m): 6:02am On Sep 04, 2014
Hmmn..journalists and amebo
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by Soloter(m): 6:34am On Sep 04, 2014
water Don pass garri. wetin him want tell us now? the woman gave him a loooooo...g time to sort things out but he refused, now he's blaming the media as if the media is responsible for his woes.

32 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by kernel504(m): 6:43am On Sep 04, 2014
He should put his house in order. All this threat won't stop people on social media from airing their views.

25 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by Torkwase1(f): 6:50am On Sep 04, 2014
They are journalists, aproko/amebo is kinda their business undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 04, 2014
Nigerian journalists own too much... Most of them can fabricate lies that even the devil won't attempt to tell sooner. I.diots.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by jnrbayano(m): 7:15am On Sep 04, 2014
The media that helped him garner his fame? The media that helped publicize his church and miracles?

Give me a break Chris.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 04, 2014
undecidedWell pastor chris,that is actually their business.their work is to go around looking for juicy gists and gossips,I mean that's how they get paid

36 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Now he wants the journalist to mind their business, he has forgotten when the journalists projected his ministry......I hardly believe all these swagger men of God....

15 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by simpleseyi: 8:30am On Sep 04, 2014
My friend Pastor, you better go and take alomo, origin and koboko, then cool down for Jesus. When journalists were reporting and promoting your staged and 419 miracles, you did not tell them to mind their business. This your church business is everybody's business, so we are all minding the business.

Imaging all these yellow half unclad babes for you alone tongue, your wife said that you have been jumping to bed with them all, while single poor guys are left in the cold cry. I am jealous of you joor. Now, it is time for the consequences of your bed actions with the half unclad ladies that flock your church.

Modified
Your fellow and neighbour Pastor Chris Okotie has told us that you are a fraudster, only a fraudster can identify another fraudster, we all know that Chris Okotie is a fraudster and we believe him when he identified you as a fellow fraudster.

91 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by Lilimax(f): 8:31am On Sep 04, 2014
hardywaltz: Make una leave this man alone naa, make him fit sort himself out and perhaps reconcile with Anita.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by gift01: 8:32am On Sep 04, 2014
God give this family the heart of forgiveness (and forgetfulness)

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by gift01: 8:33am On Sep 04, 2014
drsteroid: Hmmn..journalists and amebo
Unemployment @ its peak

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by gift01: 8:37am On Sep 04, 2014
simpleseyi: My friend Pastor, you better go and take alomo, origin and koboko, then cool down for Jesus. When journalists were reporting and promoting your staged and 419 miracles, you did not tell them to mind their business. This your church business is everybody's business, so we are all minding the business.

Imaging all these yellow half unclad babes for you alone tongue, your wife said that you have been jumping to bed with them all, while single poor guys are left in the cold cry. I am jealous of you joor. Now, it is time for the consequences of your bed actions with the half unclad ladies that flock your church.
Still beats me why you hardly find the elderly there. I like that church but na PG18 be most of their programmes

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2014
I Neva like that dude. I know am not supposed to judge any man of god,but this is a man of god that bleaches and fries his hair and claims to have the Anointing in him. My only worry is all those congregation of his sheepishly following him. So sad. cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by texaco1: 8:48am On Sep 04, 2014
The only way to make the press keep shut is not by threatening them ,but is by keeping shut urself and making sure you don't have ur dirty linen been washed in public. Once a news about u go public ,u can't stop the press from talking about it

17 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by nickz(m): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2014
gift01: Still beats me why you hardly find the elderly there. I like that church but na PG18 be most of their programmes
for every time i have ever attended a loveworld sevice/crusade na babe invite me ah swear!!
allah!!that ministry is rich in its female industry

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by chumakk: 10:38am On Sep 04, 2014
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by ednut1(m): 10:49am On Sep 04, 2014
hahahaha, serves every one who worships dses supposed men of God and not God himself right. no human is perfect but these guys make us believe dey are using their lives as an example, humans will be humans angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by 99100(m): 11:05am On Sep 04, 2014
He should blame his wife and not the media. But first he must also blame himself for choosing to marry nwayí-ucha.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:06am On Sep 04, 2014
This pastor chris na leaner, what else is the business of the journalist that they were not minding?

They're already minding their business bro..

Talk another one abeg..

7 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by Kx: 11:07am On Sep 04, 2014
Hm, Rhapsody of Realities!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by goldfish80(m): 11:31am On Sep 04, 2014
lonelydora: Journalists! He's simply telling you people to FACE YOUR WORK
The journalists are actually doing the job. Their job is to report what exactly is happening in the society which pastor Chris is part of.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by focus7: 11:49am On Sep 04, 2014
texaco1: The only way to make the press keep shut is not by threatening them ,but is by keeping shut urself and making sure you don't have ur dirty linen been washed in public. Once a news about u go public ,u can't stop the press from talking about it
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by BRAV0O(m): 11:52am On Sep 04, 2014
Pastor chris may not guilty of any of those charges, not that I'm taking side oyakhilome is a man I know very well and whatever anita may accuse him for is all normal routine for all africa rich men , including the disciplining and abandoning his family due to careless recklessness cause of is church business/other payroll and all that which he believe the wife will actually know about (understand), but the wife is being influence was why she's now voicing out foul play for God knows her reasons, naija journal/bloggers should just try give it a rest

The news should not be strange to any1, rev chris is a man he's not God and he's not Jesus

For those members that feel disappointed, maybe this will show you good reason that all you need in ur christian life is to always work out your own salvation yourself , your pastors are human like you!

Your pastors can even worst than you when it comes to *ish!

9 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by focus7: 11:57am On Sep 04, 2014
99100: He should blame his wife and not the media. But first he must also blame himself for choosing to marry nwayí-ucha.

do u have a daughter or a sister? Maybe u should wish her that she marries and her husband abandon her and the children in the name of work while half naked ladies flock around him.

9 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
What else did he expect..@jonarlist and bloggers Amebo,Aproko and Gbeborun is my Hobby.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by Blackfire(m): 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
Kx: Hm, Rhapsody of Realities!

every re-action is caused by an action.can u say ohon ohon. oh my gad

3 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
The more you threaten journalists..the more they dig into your private life.

This guy don buy market.

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Businesswoman Loses N97million, House, Searching For Rev Father Mbaka. / Is Sat Guru Maharaj Ji Dead? / Panama Papers: TB Joshua's Shell Company In Offshore Haven Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.