Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Which Network Do You Use For Online Gameplay? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Which Network Do You Use For Online Gameplay? (1072 Views)

Graphics Vs Storyline Vs Gameplay Which Is More Important? / What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? / Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Network Do You Use For Online Gameplay? by n3rve(m): 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
Hey everyone.

Which ISP do you use for online gaming and which plan? I've been using MTN Hynet (based on Wimax technology) with the 2mb plan and it's been okay until the past few weeks, and it just seems to be deteriorating. After a short period of game play, I get signed out of PSN or the game just gets very laggy and frustrating.

As for GSM networks, I've tried Airtel, GLO, and Etisalat, all irritating. I've heard about YahClick (VSAT) and I've been considering them but I want to hear from other online gamers. What do you use?

Update: I'm in Abuja, FYI; Speedtest.net reports attached.

--
Judging from the results, GLO GSM wins, but MTN Hynet is a lot more stable.

Re: Which Network Do You Use For Online Gameplay? by Azanor(m): 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
I mostly use my office connection (Suburban Broadband) for gaming because it's faster and more stable than playing with MTN/GLO/Etisalat. When I'm not in the office, I tether to my phone on Glo.

My online gaming consists of:
League of Legends
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (a bit laggy every once in a while)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Neverwinter
Team Fortress

(1) (Reply)

Asphalt 3 Too Fast On Tecno N3. Plz Solution Needed / Solve This Brain Teaser If You Can! / Creativity: See What These Kids Made With Clay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.