Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,772 members, 7,851,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:12 AM

Nigerian Defender Oboabona Blasts Arsenal FC - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Defender Oboabona Blasts Arsenal FC (567 Views)

Oboabona Denies Receiving Arsenal Invitation For A Trial / Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Nigerian Defender Oboabona Blasts Arsenal FC by LoveFootball1: 9:10am On Jul 29, 2013
The Sun News Paper reported that Nigerian nations Cup winning defender Oboabona who plays for Sunshine Stars in the Nigerian League has stated how disrespectful it is for Arsenal FC to ask him to come for trials... kindly read the report below.

Sunshine Stars defender Godfrey Oboabona has hit out at Arsenal for not showing respect to Nigerian football, claiming he is above undergoing trials at the Emirates Stadium.

The centre-back was a member of the Super Eagles’ 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winning squad, playing in all six matches on the way to lifting the title, while he also played in the side’s three group matches at the Confederations Cup last month.

However, Arsenal was not prepared to go straight into offering the 22-year-old a deal, preferring instead to get a first-hand look at the defender’s capabilities, a request Oboabona feels is beneath him.

“Arsenal’s management tell me to come for a trial when I won the African Nations Cup. I think I should be above such requests,” he is reported as saying in The Sun.

“It is high time some of these clubs started respecting Nigeria”, the Sunshine Stars defender said.

Is this what Arsenal Football Club has become... even a Nigerian Local league player dey pose for gunners.. LMAO

Meanwhile am sure there is more to the story that actually reported...still funny though.

mean while if you have not signed up on LoveFootball Nigeria you might be sleeping on the bicycle.

www.lovefootballfc.com

Re: Nigerian Defender Oboabona Blasts Arsenal FC by mukina2: 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2013

(1)

Arsenal Sends Nigerian Midfielder Out On Loan / Chelsea Football Club,official Thread On Nairaland / Uefa Champion League Group Stage Draw - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.