Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? (1892 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? / Great Bible Study: Bible Stories Your Parents Never Taught You: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by noskyboy(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2013
If my parents never got married or met in anyway,would I still have existed? am not talking of the physical me, because biology have already taken care of that, am talking the psychological and spiritual me, I thought the answer was obvious until I asked a couple of people, different answers and explanations, I then got interested in knowing what you think about it. please I need logical and reasonable answers.
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by UyiIredia(m): 10:27am On Jul 29, 2013
Sometimes quotes are preferable to long-winded answers. Here's a quote I think applies to your question: 'I am the Awareness. The immortal me that is neither born or ever dies.' - Jenwetemi
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Sometimes quotes are preferable to long-winded answers. Here's a quote I think applies to your question: 'I am the Awareness. The immortal me that is neither born or ever dies.' - Jenwetemi
The bold is ambiguous. Correct me if I'm wrong does it mean that there's a source somewhere that keeps seeping into human containers...
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2013
if you existed as someone else you wouldn't be you.
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Sometimes quotes are preferable to long-winded answers. Here's a quote I think applies to your question: 'I am the Awareness. The immortal me that is neither born or ever dies.' - Jenwetemi

Stop trying to pass yourself as an intellectual when you're an empty barrel.

That quote is quite ambiguous and meaningless with respect to the op.

I suspect that Jenwetemi was using the quote in a more symbolic or metaphorical way
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by mkmyers45(m): 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Stop trying to pass yourself as an intellectual when you're an empty barrel.

That quote is quite ambiguous and meaningless with respect to the op.

I suspect that Jenwetemi was using the quote in a more symbolic or metaphorical way

I see you never interacted with him on this forum

1 Like

Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by NeuroBoss(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
That's why nothing really happens by chance. And you wouldn't have been you. Some traits passed down from your dad's x-chromosome mixed with someone's y-chromosome would have produced someone not you
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
noskyboy: If my parents never got married or met in anyway,would I still have existed? am not talking of the physical me, because biology have already taken care of that, am talking the psychological and spiritual me, I thought the answer was obvious until I asked a couple of people, different answers and explanations, I then got interested in knowing what you think about it. please I need logical and reasonable answers.

Imagine if your father decided to jerk off first before penetrating your mum. You would have been amongst the first batch of spermatozoids that end up in a tissue paper. But you were ejected inside. You raced while millions of other identical yous died in the process. You reached the uterus and fertilized the egg. You out of billions did it. And that was only the beginning of the survival race. No man. You are unique. There is no other you. You got only one single life that you fought tooth and nail to have. Don't let others make you waste it by believing their fairy tales.
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
If u existed elsewhere or in another form,u wouldn't hv been u.I hold that your physical form also constitutes to the "you" that is.
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by noskyboy(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
alfa selzter, ur signature is scary, but thats by the way. thank you for that bio-inspirational piece, but u didnt really answer the question,
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
yes you would have existed in another family. Yah would have dropped your spirit into another family. so you would exist but look different
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
noskyboy: If my parents never got married or met in anyway,would I still have existed? am not talking of the physical me, because biology have already taken care of that, am talking the psychological and spiritual me, I thought the answer was obvious until I asked a couple of people, different answers and explanations, I then got interested in knowing what you think about it. please I need logical and reasonable answers.

Hi nosk,

I believe the work of creation, as far as humans are concerned, continues only at conception i.e at the point where the 'egg' is fertilised...If there is no fertilisation, then there is no human being.

Humans, like someone mentioned are made up of both body and spirit or soul if you like. The body, we get from our parents while the spirit we get from God. These components act together to form a human being. The body cannot live without the spirit, and for the spirit to live in isolation without having a body at the point of existence only means that the individual is not human. Probably an Angel!

Now, the body which is one of the components that make up a human being is gotten from our parents and is unique to them. If your parents hadn't met, then there wouldn't have been a you, because you can only get the body you have now from ONLY your parents.

For instance, if your dad had married someone else, then the body you would have had would have been from your dad and the other lady as against the one you have now, which is from your dad and mum.
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by mkmyers45(m): 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
obadiah777: yes you would have existed in another family. Yah would have dropped your spirit into another family. so you would exist but look different

my broda from anoda mother....howdy do?

1 Like

Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
noskyboy: alfa selzter, ur signature is scary, but thats by the way. thank you for that bio-inspirational piece, but u didnt really answer the question,

Yes I did answer your question. There is no other way you could have existed as you are a unique individual.
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
mkmyers45:

my broda from anoda mother....howdy do?
hey mkmyer45 my chief wetin dey happen sire ? nobody see your breaklight again bros ? trust all is well. whats good ? wink
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by mkmyers45(m): 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
obadiah777: hey mkmyer45 my chief wetin dey happen sire ? nobody see your breaklight again bros ? trust all is well. whats good ? wink

Body no dey gidi ba o....E be like say you just forget us sir,

I hope you bring good news
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
mkmyers45:

Body no dey gidi ba o....E be like say you just forget us sir,

I hope you bring good news
hehe i no forget you now sire lol. na the struggle called life dey overwhelm the mind sometimes. grin
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by mkmyers45(m): 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
obadiah777: hehe i no forget you now sire lol. na the struggle called life dey overwhelm the mind sometimes. grin

na wa o.....You no say you don dey overdue to pay your yearly contribution to the lords project
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
mkmyers45:

na wa o.....You no say you don dey overdue to pay your yearly contribution to the lords project
lmao. bros na the project suppose to dey pay me now. do not muzzle the ox that treadeth the corn. a laborer is due his wages grin
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by mkmyers45(m): 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2013
obadiah777: lmao. bros na the project suppose to dey pay me now. do not muzzle the ox that treadeth the corn. a laborer is due his wages grin

grin grin grin grin

Lolz...we need to talk though
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 29, 2013
mkmyers45:

grin grin grin grin

Lolz...we need to talk though
no sweat chief. i full ground like jalopy on four flat tyre cheesy cheesy
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by mkmyers45(m): 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
obadiah777: no sweat chief. i full ground like jalopy on four flat tyre cheesy cheesy

Where we go meet?
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
mkmyers45:

Where we go meet?
anywhere now. i dey coalesce like water grin
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by lepasharon(f): 5:43am On Jul 30, 2013
Hmmm...i think about the same thing too ! If my mum had stayed with ex hubby..i wonder if i would exist
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by UyiIredia(m): 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
musKeeto:
The bold is ambiguous. Correct me if I'm wrong does it mean that there's a source somewhere that keeps seeping into human containers...

You are correct.
Re: If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? by tpia6: 2:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Who knows.

(1) (Reply)

"Adam Didn't Die The Day God Said He Would!" / Happy New Year 2014 / Redeemed Now Has Over 32,000 Parishes In Nigeria: Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.