Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (17163 Views)

Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Is Happy Good Friday A Correct Saying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
Freewil... You choose how you live unfortunately, not where you end.
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Caleboha(m): 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
Sorry mister, you're hell bound for failing to receive God's free gift! It don't matter how much we followers disobey or misrepresent God, He's up there and he'll send your sorry soul to the right place when your time is up! Incase you think you'll just die and be lost in oblivion (dust to dust) like animals, that's a fat lie. There's a part of you that will never die in the earth and you know it! You feel it! It nudges you! When your body dies, that part of you will answer to God! undecided
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by plaetton: 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
Caleboha: Sorry mister, you're hell bound for failing to receive God's free gift! It don't matter how much we followers disobey or misrepresent God, He's up there and he'll send your sorry soul to the right place when your time is up! Incase you think you'll just die and be lost in oblivion (dust to dust) like animals, that's a fat lie. There's a part of you that will never die in the earth and you know it! You feel it! It nudges you! When your body dies, that part of you will answer to God! undecided

So god will send people to hell for not believing in bullsht?

11 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Afroconnect: 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
Funny,but he has a point...with Desmond Tutu saying "if God does not accept HOMOSEXUALS he rather goes to hell.
AND THE NEW POPE ASKING US TO ALLOW HOMOSEXUALS...
My questions is-is the church adjusting itself to suit worldly cravings or is the church suppose to uphold good virtues and holiness for we all to emulate.
Any sane reasonable person will think deeply about these shifts and comments by christian leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Afroconnect: 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
Teenage Money: Who ask am Attention Seekers
Nigerian christian-curse,steal,cheat,gossip-just go to church pay tithe and offerings and jump up and down,all is well.
i pity for anyone who thinks money moves God...keep following blindly like sheep-self deciet.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
Seun's statement trended a bit online. It has been regurgitated accross many Nigerian blogs. In any case, I was hoping to use it to gauge how Nigerians typically react to atheism and I think it's not unlike the West were atheism is steadily increasing. My real life experience hasn't been cool so far. A roomate in university seeing me read atheist stuff said I wasn't sure of my existence, one was shocked, the same for a family friend whom my sister told I argue with atheists. I was only associated with atheism in such instances. I still think there are people like me deeply interested in the metaphysical aspects of reality one of which atheism denies_never mind some say you don't deny what isn't extant in the first place.

Well, my stance for now is deist. The following quote I present as a counter to Seun and FOLYKAZE's stance.

“No, I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as
derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind
consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we
regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”

- Max Planck (in response to the question of The Observer, “Do you think that consciousness can be explained in terms of matter?”)

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Pukkah: 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
Caleboha: Sorry mister, you're hell bound for failing to receive God's free gift! It don't matter how much we followers disobey or misrepresent God, He's up there and he'll send your sorry soul to the right place when your time is up! Incase you think you'll just die and be lost in oblivion (dust to dust) like animals, that's a fat lie. There's a part of you that will never die in the earth and you know it! You feel it! It nudges you! When your body dies, that part of you will answer to God! undecided

I believe in God but I think you're not even giving the right picture of God.

Who told you he's up there?

Who told you his criteria for sending sorry souls to the 'right place'?

Don't you think the emphasis should be on godliness and not fake/pretentious affirmations?

You believe that a wicked man who simply mouths 'Jesus is my saviour' or 'I believe in Allah and Mohammed is His messenger' a few minutes before his death will automatically go to paradise whereas the man that was godly all his life but who didn't say any of those will go to hell and be there for ever?

Stop giving God a bad name.

Leave God and the way he will judge or not judge people. Afterall, they are all His people.

6 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2013

And you are? Who made you a judge? When did you become God's mouth piece. Even the bible said that not all those that call father,father!!! Will inherit the kingdom of heaven. Don't be like the PHARISEEsss..

Lol..@Uyi your spiritual journey na real evolutionary theory working practise....
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by amir99(m): 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pukkah:

I believe in God but I think you're not even giving the right picture of God.

Who told you he's up there?

Who told you his criteria for sending sorry souls to the 'right place'?

Don't you think the emphasis should be on godliness and not fake/pretentious affirmations?

You believe that a wicked man who simply mouths 'Jesus is my saviour' or 'I believe in Allah and Mohammed is His messenger' a few minutes before his death will automatically go to paradise whereas the man that was godly all his life but who didn't say any of those will go to hell and be there for ever?

Stop giving God a bad name.

Leave God and the way he will judge or not judge people. Afterall, they are all His people.

You na chairman
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by yorubaamerican(m): 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
Good for him!! Me personally, I think atheism is a flawed position. Atheists actually acknowledge the being they claim not to believe in.
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Delafruita(m): 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ada Nri1: but he's bringing forth into this world an "out-of-wedlock" (illegitimate) child. Its not fair on the child.
are you alright?

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Delafruita(m): 2:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
can you tell me the difference between man and a goat?in terms of where they go when they die

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by bolaino(m): 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

What is wrong with his lifestyle?

Abeg, Seun Kuti, carry go!
i'm not judging him, cos i don't know him personally, but from the little i know, he's taking after his father's lifestyle, and believe u me, fela was no role model, fela lived a reckless life, although i love him for his resistance to the men in uniform, but his lifestyle's not something anyone should be proud of, and if seun's living the same lifestyle, then Christians would say "what do u expect from people who do not believe in God? they are bound to live irresponsibly, bla blah" the bottom line is all atheists would be tagged irresponsible cos of a select few. ya digggg, richard dawkins?
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by bolaino(m): 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
musKeeto:

A bad name, how?
haba, muskee, don't play the "bad name,how" card with me na, u know atheists have a bad name generally,religious folks all over, think of atheists as arrogant, mean, undisciplined prickss, and i'm sure u'll agree with me that we need positive PR, we don't need the likes of marilyn manson and co, associating themselves with atheism, just saying.
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by digitite: 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
The Gee statement is interesting cheesy
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
We say the 'religion'( christianity) the white men brought to us is evil and the followers are slaves, yet the civilization, the inventions; cars, electricity, clothes, education, medical breakthroughs and all other 'wonders' of the world they bring to us, we gladly embrace, and that doesnt make us slaves. Doesnt that make the proponents of the 'we no go must accept anything wey white man gee us' concept, hypocrites?

Please, be whatever you want to be- that is why you were created with a will( but at the very last, we will know the truth), but please, dont put forward faulty arguements!

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by claremont(m): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
I always thank God for the day I became an Atheist.
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
bolaino: haba, muskee, don't play the "bad name,how" card with me na, u know atheists have a bad name generally,religious folks all over, think of atheists as arrogant, mean, undisciplined prickss, and i'm sure u'll agree with me that we need positive PR, we don't need the likes of marilyn manson and co, associating themselves with atheism, just saying.

Isn't that hypocrisy on the part of 'us' christians?
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
GBA SIBE!!
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Chillypelly(m): 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
I'm happy a christian.
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Maczeelly(m): 3:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
All man 4 himself oooo wink kiss
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by bolaino(m): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Isn't that hypocrisy on the part of 'us' christians?
yes it is my good sire
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by plaetton: 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Seun's statement trended a bit online. It has been regurgitated accross many Nigerian blogs. In any case, I was hoping to use it to gauge how Nigerians typically react to atheism and I think it's not unlike the West were atheism is steadily increasing. My real life experience hasn't been cool so far. A roomate in university seeing me read atheist stuff said I wasn't sure of my existence, one was shocked, the same for a family friend whom my sister told I argue with atheists. I was only associated with atheism in such instances. I still think there are people like me deeply interested in the metaphysical aspects of reality one of which atheism denies_never mind some say you don't deny what isn't extant in the first place.

Well, my stance for now is deist. The following quote I present as a counter to Seun and FOLYKAZE's stance.

“No, I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as
derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind
consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we
regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”

- Max Planck (in response to the question of The Observer, “Do you think that consciousness can be explained in terms of matter?”)

My dear young friend, there is nothing wrong with holding a position. Everyone is encouraged to explore. So far you have freed yourself from the heavy yolk of blind faith religion.

Continue to explore , but be careful not to let any position hold you.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by plaetton: 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
Delafruita: can you tell me the difference between man and a goat?in terms of where they go when they die

Excellent question. grin

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Revolva(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
Well Seun has spoken his mind..what he said is the truth from the horses Mouf....thats my kind of people...

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by tyson55(m): 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
Well... undecided
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ada Nri1: I like african tradition, but I'll never worship a hand carved god, which seems to be part of it.
Btw So @ his age he is not married. Also on Seun,
Can someone pls tell that woman that's a judge on Nigerian idol that she's too crude. She's a lady, but she tends to speak so loudly and act like (sorry to say) a tout. I watched it once and her carriage was not graceful @ all

You probably would like to marry him. What is wrong with him not being married huh ?
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
claremont: I always thank God for the day I became an Atheist.

I see you've quit with the bolded writing. Nice to know you are fine.
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
plaetton:

My dear young friend, there is nothing wrong with holding a position. Everyone is encouraged to explore. So far you have freed yourself from the heavy yolk of blind faith religion.

Continue to explore , but be careful not to let any position hold you.

I am also free to carry the yolk of blind faith religion. We are free to choose and not free not to choose: freedom is a function of thought. As an aside, your opening phrase of "My dear young friend" rouses thoughts I've had on the question of age and the relations between elders and their young.
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by orgasticdance: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ezeed: We say the 'religion'( christianity) the white men brought to us is evil and the followers are slaves, yet the civilization, the inventions; cars, electricity, clothes, education, medical breakthroughs and all other 'wonders' of the world they bring to us, we gladly embrace, and that doesnt make us slaves. Doesnt that make the proponents of the 'we no go must accept anything wey white man gee us' concept, hypocrites?

Please, be whatever you want to be- that is why you were created with a will( but at the very last, we will know the truth), but please, dont put forward faulty arguements!
Yes, god, like evrything else u mentioned is essentially man made undecided

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by mko2005: 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
ALL THE ATHEIST GO SHOW HERE FOR THIS THREAD BECOS THIS ONE NA THEM OWN !
I ADVISE ALL BRIDES OF CHRIST TO DESIST FROM COMMENTING ON THIS TREAD BUT TO GO INTO THEIR CLOSET AND PRAY FOR THEM !

God will help them soon becos HE is a compassionate God !

God help us

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by judedwriter(m): 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2013
Na him sabi. Anyway most proclaimed atheists who say they don't believe in God, ironically believe in the devil! So who is deceiving who?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? / Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? / David Oyedepo's Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.