Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move (743 Views)

LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too / Help: Gear Issues With Honda Accord V6 2003 / INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
Pls lexus RX300 auto tran shifts to drive but doesn't move forward same applies to when u shift to reverse. It only moves wen u select L. What could be the cause.
Re: Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
Help a brother what could b wrong don't want to fall victim of quack mechs.
Re: Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move by kingschild123(m): 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
Its safe to bet that theres a disconnect
somewhere between the shifter handle
and the transmission. It may have broken
where the handle connects. Should not be
that hard of a fix if that's the problem.
Re: Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
Phinga: Pls lexus RX300 auto tran shifts to drive but doesn't move forward same applies to when u shift to reverse. It only moves wen u select L. What could be the cause.

when did you last service the gearbox aka changing oil ?
Re: Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 30, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

when did you last service the gearbox aka changing oil ?
Over six months, I only topped it ,hw often should it b changed and what can be done nw cos the ATF isn't low.
Re: Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move by wwwkaycom(m): 7:56am On Jul 30, 2013
If I were you, I will go for complete oil change immediately using correct ATF not "ABRO" please. If after this the problem persists, I will change the entire transmission, this is my layman advise sir, our Oga's at the top in this section, the gurus like Siena, Ikenna, ZimDrill, CarDoctor etc will give you better leads, I am on my way to my office on my old and faithful 1996 Nissan Primera, "manual trans" , cheers!
Re: Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:57am On Jul 30, 2013
Phinga:
Over six months, I only topped it ,hw often should it b changed and what can be done nw cos the ATF isn't low.

always start by changing oi, if it doesnt start then you are in trouble, i guess there is no engine light on the dashboard
Re: Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 30, 2013
@Zimdrill there's no warning light coming on, on d dash board.the car only moves when I select "L" after making a strange noise. I'll change d oil today like u suggested.
Re: Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move by 9icetoo(m): 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
wwwkaycom:
If I were you, I will go for complete oil change immediately using correct ATF not "ABRO" please. If after this the problem persists, I will change the entire transmission, this is my layman advise sir, our Oga's at the top in this section, the gurus like Siena, Ikenna, ZimDrill, CarDoctor etc will give you better leads, I am on my way to my office on my old and faithful 1996 Nissan Primera, "manual trans" , cheers!
grin grin grin @ old and faithful Nissan primera.

(1) (Reply)

Driver Makes Miraculous Escape After Giant Shipping Container CRUSHES Car Roof / Found Yourself Wondering What A Warning Light On Your Dashboard Means? / How To Fix Common Brake Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.