Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too (981 Views)

Siena And All VW Gurus, Over To You Please *urgent * / Siena and Ikenna,Pls HELP Gear Lever Shifts To Drive Bt Vehicle Doesn't Move / INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
My lexus RX300 does not move when I select either "D" or "R" even after pressing the gas pedal, it only moves wen I selct "L" accompanied wit a slight delay. Pls what is d problem
Re: LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too by LongeOmolaja(m): 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2013
Check the linkage slip, the transmission and the speed sensors. any of these three may be the cause.
Re: LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too by sultaan(m): 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
What is the color of your transmission fluid and how many miles on the odometer?
Re: LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
The colour
sultaan: What is the color of your transmission fluid and how many miles on the odometer?
Is black
Re: LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
Also where can I get a good lexus auto mechanic in lagos I stay around Lagos Badagry express way.
Re: LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
Longe Omolaja: Check the linkage slip, the transmission and the speed sensors. any of these three may be the cause.
I don't know hw to check any of these things u mentioned can u prescribe a good lexus mech
Re: LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too by cardoctor(m): 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
Phinga: My lexus RX300 does not move when I select either "grin" or "R" even after pressing the gas pedal, it only moves wen I selct "L" accompanied wit a slight delay. Pls what is d problem

First thing to check is if your check engine light is on. If so, carry out a scan on the transmission electronics and pull out the codes for any fault present and post the codes on this thread for analysis. That should be the first step.

Secondly, If everything was ok prior to the problem developing instantly rather than progressively, check the gear selector switch on the gearbox casing to see if the clicks correspond with the positions on the gear lever within the car.
Re: LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too by cardoctor(m): 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
Phinga: The colour Is black

If the transmission oil is black and has a dinstinctive burnt smell, your wet clutch fibres may be burnt and may require an overhaul of the transmission or total replacement.
Re: LEXUS Auto Mechanic In The House, SIENA And IKENNA U Two Could Be Of Help Too by sultaan(m): 12:37am On Jul 31, 2013
Phinga: The colour Is black

You just answer your question.

No fluid on any car should be black it means transmission fluid is burnt clutch worn smooth will not engage .flush first with new filter set what happens but at this point you'll need a new transmission.
It uses one from Toyota

(1) (Reply)

A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded / Brand New Ferrari Burns To A Crisp Just One Hour After It Was Bought (photos) / Mechville.com Connects Car Owners With Mechanics Debuts In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.