Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

Make Money Modelling. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Make Money Modelling. (1227 Views)

for those who wish to learn 3D Animation, modelling and visual effects / 3d Modelling Challenge : Lava Man / 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Money Modelling. by reidkrugger(m): 5:32am On Jul 30, 2013
If U are good at Modelling and texturing of Characters and want to make money with it, U can forward Ur interests to Me @ fredocheli@yahoo.com for more contractual discussions and arrangements for payments. Pls treat as urgent.
Regardz.
Re: Make Money Modelling. by reidkrugger(m): 9:01am On Jul 31, 2013
I dont understand U People. Guys, this is an opportunity to make money off what U do. U model cars, houses and everything almost for the fun of it. Now, there is money to be made and all of U are just ignoring? seriously? Ok, this aint nothing about egos and stuff, we come here and talk about 3d Animation in Nigeria and the way forward but none comes to the fore at the end of the day. Is it that u all occupied cuz i dont get it. Earlier i put up a space for an animator and that was worse, talkin about response. Worse still, the responses gotten was NOT from Nairaland save about two.
We've talked about the animation Pipeline and stuffs which is good. But, this is Nigeria and 3D has not been tested here. Nobody, is going to pour $250,000,000.00 on that kinda project, especially here. and its worse when U guys just sit in ur little corners doing nothin financial about it. U've PAID UR DUES. granted. Reid's asking U to push a little bit further and hold on before the BIG ONES starts poppin. Lets START something. Lets do something. Lets make Our presence felt. That was how the Music industry kicked off, especially Hiphop in Nigeria. If U are That GOOd at what U do. An Animator or a Modeller especially for Characters, The TIME IS NOW. Build Your way into getting PAID.
Cheers and Godspeed.
Re: Make Money Modelling. by spywareczar(m): 9:35am On Jul 31, 2013
I share ur pain bro grin
Re: Make Money Modelling. by reidkrugger(m): 11:38am On Jul 31, 2013
spywareczar: I share ur pain bro grin
How U doin Man. No b small pain o.
Re: Make Money Modelling. by OKX(m): 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
@reid
u're pioneering growth so u have to thicken ur skin.
things dnt always move at d pace we'd like.
ur post is barely a day old, give it time bro. (i usually allow for abt 2 weeks)

keep ya head up n dnt lose faith.

a little more information may also improve responses.
experience has shown me that ppl rarely subscribe to sending mail to receive additional info on anything, unless from an established outfit with a proven record of integrity, profitability etc.
so give them as much info as possible at the initial contact.

post some sample models, eye candy really, but it usually helps.

alternatively, if u have clients that require 3d assets, making their needs into a competition of some sort- wit a payoff for the top entries may produce better responses/ publicity.

cheers
Re: Make Money Modelling. by reidkrugger(m): 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
@Okx, the ball is not completely in my court like I am financing anything. And the client wishes to remain behind the scenes. But its a good start for a GOOD 3d artist ready for production job. anyways that aside.
Thanks for the link to the autodesk project. It was an awesome experience but i think the meshes come with stretchy bones. I've not animated with that stuff before, largely due to the fact that i dont like the fantastic 4 rubber thing when one animates like its in setup mode or something. but would want to learn how to use though. so if u dont mind, any tip would do.
after downloading a character, i simply cut off the head and deleted the skin modifier so that i customize with mine.
Well, thanks for the inputs. you are as helpful as Always.
Re: Make Money Modelling. by OKX(m): 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2013
@reid
the Project Pinocchio models arent rigged for stretchy motions.
r u sure u were manipulating the right controls.
the xters r rigged for basic Human IK interaction.

on ur model thingy, d pertinent info wld be:
are there poly limits for the models?
will they b uv mapped?
lo res, or hi res, or any res? etc

there r tons of sites that aid artists sell their models online, most outline the entire process clearly, including their take- so its pretty transparent.
also d payoff is in dollars, cos most r foreign...u'll have to do more work/give info to get responses or patronage- in view of the available alternatives.

goodluck
Re: Make Money Modelling. by reidkrugger(m): 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
Lolz. I saw a bone set up skinned to a mesh and some helper objects flying here and there. cant blame me, i‘m used to riggin em myself. k, that means the helper objects are probably d controls. aaaarrrgggrrrr&%$%**%$!.! my bad. will probly check em out tommorow.
I‘ve got some jobs @ hand that require SPECIFIC CARICATURE Human MODELS that would b paid for. So if nobody is interested, no problems. I‘ll sort it out myself. it will only take time. Thanks Again Bro.
Re: Make Money Modelling. by OKX(m): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
@reid
lol...theres a difference between the info u just gave n wot u posted earlier calling for modelers n texturers.

again, clear info is key.
post a sample sketch/pic/model showing art-style and ur responses will improve.
im swamped at the moment, but if i know more details i can make a firmer decision.

and yes, the helper objects r d controls for d rig.
cheers
Re: Make Money Modelling. by reidkrugger(m): 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
k. i see where u coming from. Well i dont have anything to post for now but if its animation, i have a clip here on nairaland and i‘ve improved tremendously since then, so yeah they could use that as a basis if they want or preferably better than that. but as for d models, i once saw a gej model and short animation here, that kind of model is what i want. I hope this helps.
cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know About T-shirt Customizing / Please Who Knows The Name Of This Font ? / Recommend An Open Source/free Software To Add Text & Music To Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.