Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Stolen Passport- Advice Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stolen Passport- Advice Needed (937 Views)

How To Guide Against A Stolen Nigerian International Passport / E- Passport Advice / Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stolen Passport- Advice Needed by lilian10: 4:12pm On May 28, 2008
Hi Guys, My sister's passport was stolen over the weekend during an armed robbery attack. She had booked an appointment at the American embassy last week for June before the passport was stolen and has tried to contact them to find out how she could still maintain her appointment date or get a new one with a new passport. I would appreciate your responses as she is meant to travel for medical treatment.
Re: Stolen Passport- Advice Needed by DisGuy: 4:34pm On May 28, 2008
lilian10:

Hi Guys, My sister's passport was stolen over the weekend during an armed robbery attack. She had booked an appointment at the American embassy last week for June before the passport was stolen and has tried to contact them to find out how she could still maintain her appointment date or get a new one with a new passport. I would appreciate your responses as she is meant to travel for medical treatment.

she didn't get through?
Re: Stolen Passport- Advice Needed by lilian10: 4:36pm On May 28, 2008
Yes, she didn't.
Re: Stolen Passport- Advice Needed by omega25red(m): 6:49pm On May 28, 2008
Well one thing she could do is to file a police report and when she goes on the interview she can present it as evidence that the new passport was needed due to the theft. She also needs to look within her family because i don't see how her passport can be stolen before her visa interview without someone who is close to her not having that information and planning that shit against her.
Re: Stolen Passport- Advice Needed by Dantecmu(m): 3:12am On May 30, 2008
Get a police report. Did she have visas expired or valid visas on the stolen passport if she did then she would have to find a way to convince them that she is a regular traveler but if she didn't have any on the stolen Pasport i don't see what the issue is she should go get a police report and get a new passport.[code][/code]
Re: Stolen Passport- Advice Needed by lilian10: 11:13am On May 30, 2008
@Omega25red and Dantecmu
Thanks Guys, She had a valid British visa on the stolen passport and has been able to notify the British embassy with a police report and affidavit .The British embassy have asked her to submit some documents to enable her get a new visa on her new passport.
She was also able to get the American embassy's email address to enquire on what she should do, but she still hasn't gotten any response.
Re: Stolen Passport- Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 30, 2008
angry angry angry angry @poster did she misplcae it or was snatched from her at gunpoint, don't just comeup here to tell us crap,passport was stolen, try not to use stolen for misplaced

(1) (Reply)

U.k Easter Visit - Pls Help / I Want To Go And Live In Usa / Travelling Is Part Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.