Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake (19620 Views)

Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) / Man Beats Wife To Death In Lagos For Being Barren (Photo) / Woman Allegedly Beats Maid To Death In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by Ptimes: 8:30am On Jul 30, 2013
A middle age man, Godwin Idon, allegedly beat his wife, Marvis Idon, to death for killing a snake inside their home in Uzebba-Iuleha, Owan-West Local Government Area of Edo.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that serious quarrel ensued between the couple after one of their sons had allegedly killed a snake in their living room.

The husband was said to have been infuriated by the action which he described as a taboo in the community.

After a week of quarrel, the wife in company of her mother-in-law decided to seek the intervention of a native doctor to know the implication of the son’s action.

It was when she returned that the husband accused her of foul-play and subsequently hit the wife on the head with a plank during a fight before the women collapsed and died.

The remains of the deceased, who died on the spot, had been deposited in a morgue in Sabongidda-Ora, headquarters of the council.

The Police Area Commander, David Jimwang, who confirmed the incident, said that the man has been arrested and transferred to the state police command, Benin for further investigation.

(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/141869-man-allegedly-beats-wife-to-death-in-edo.html
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by biolabee(m): 8:42am On Jul 30, 2013
Allegedly again?? grin
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by nerodenero: 8:47am On Jul 30, 2013
This means killing a snake that happens to be taboo in your village is enough reason why you should end the life of woman who gave birth to children for you. Evil man.

5 Likes

Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by EfemenaXY: 9:45am On Jul 30, 2013
Juju tinz...
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 30, 2013
Efemena_xy: Juju tinz...
It might not be juju tinz Efe.
My late granny told us then as kids that it was considered a taboo when one kills one particular specie of snake. Stories were told that if u mistakenly kill one,u will mourn it d way u mourn humans ie organise funeral.
When asked about the culture of the land,I was told that our ancestors worshipd them so they r seen as sacred. I thank God for christianity and civilization.who knows we may still be walking around naked.

1 Like

Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 30, 2013
biolabee: Allegedly again?? grin
grin the word 'alledegedly' has caused so much controversies and quarells in this nairaland cheesy cant they just make a sentence without the word alledgedly grin journalist and alledgedly sha grin funny peeps grin

he murdered lonje he murdered,i dont know why they love 'alledgedly' with so much passion cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by biolabee(m): 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hahaha
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by kokoye(m): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
When the word 'allegedly' is used, it is nothing but a lie to rile people up.

..especially the feminine gender in this case

1 Like

Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by dioman: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
Funny people

1 Like

Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
Wicked Man!!
angryangry
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by AbuMikey(m): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by Burger01(m): 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
Efemena_xy: Juju tinz...
Who knows.. You never can tell.

undecided
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by jhydebaba(m): 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
Misleading title undecided
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by princeonx: 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
My late granny told us then as kids that it was considered a taboo when one kills one particular specie of snake. Stories were told that if u mistakenly kill one,u will mourn it d way u mourn humans ie organise funeral.
When asked about the culture of the land,I was told that our ancestors worshipd them so they r seen as sacred. I thank God for christianity and civilization.who knows we may still be walking around naked.
I completely know what you're talking about! We call it "eke" in my side but guess what, na meat for soup else where.
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by ogheneRonaldo: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
Juju don spoil...
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by Osyxcel(m): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2013
As usual, blame it on d devil.
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by Agent8706(m): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2013
I thought it was the big black snake between her husband's leg she killed, maybe after some overnight heavy "Stabbings" she is afraid to encounter again...may her soul RIP
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by Odunharry(m): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
na wah o..wetin we no go hear?
D man values d life of a snake than that of his wife.S.m.h

Abu mikey hope say no be dat syd u cme 4m??mak i tel em gals mak dm gv u space
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by slimyem: 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
Where are the "allegedly" debaters?

Allegedly or not, domestic violence especially against women remain on the rise still.
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by tommykiwi(m): 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
If just killing a snake waz a taboo to the man then killing his wife will then be called what?
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by brownlord: 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
yellowpawpaw:

Python, it is

@topic, chai for my state again, na wah o, reminds of one woman in my area then, snake normaly play around her house like pet and domestic animals, all her tenants need comply, wen u see a snake in ur room anywhere, just walk pass but they don't hot, the woman wld just bring out native chalk and pour on the ground the snake leak and go, she normally says they are her visitors, mami water tins, some people dey crase jor

I rather kill myself than commint suicide
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by Kollins12: 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
May be the Man is a SNAKE himself
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by shangpearlz(f): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
Allah kiaye!!!
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by ugotuf(m): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
WHO KNOWS,MAY BE THE SNAKE MEANS MORE TO HIM THAN THE WOMAN THAT HAS GIVEN HIM CHILDREN.I THINK THE gods HE SERVE WILL NOW BE PACIFIED cry cry cryYEYE MAN.
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by Sub5(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
Things are just happening, the other day is a man having 6 kids from his own 6 daughter and today a man beats wife to death over snake.
Na wa
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
It is still an allegation until the court ascertains that he did grin He could argue being under the influence...
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
Men.
Oh not again.
Why won't they just stop
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by AbuMikey(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
Odunharry: na wah o..wetin we no go hear?
D man values d life of a snake than that of his wife.S.m.h

Abu mikey hope say no be dat syd u cme 4m??mak i tel em gals mak dm gv u space
Hehehehehe......Baba nor be dat side ooo cheesy
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by AbuMikey(m): 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
nadia_SA: Wicked Man!!
angryangry
Hw wa yhu
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by AbdulAdam56(m): 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
I think dat snake mean something to the man.if not why on earth u kill your wife because of snake?how about if the snake kill the son?
Re: Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Killing A Snake by chifreke(f): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
tommykiwi: If just killing a snake waz a taboo to the man then killing his wife will then be called what?

blessing! for saving his community!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Nigerians, Others Arrested For Hacking Into 2,000 Accounts In India / "Opebi Shooting Incident Not Linked To #Endsars Protest" - Lagos Police Command / Woman Arrested For Defrauding A Pastor Of N23 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.