Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! (4303 Views)

Rockband 4 Review From Gamespot / Why Do Consoles Run Games Better Than Equivalent Or Better PC Hardware / Final Fantasy Xiii 8.5'd By Gamespot: Ouch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by texazzpete(m): 4:21pm On May 28, 2008
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6191251/p-8.html

Gamespot just did a feature comparison, comparing Graphics on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3.

Verdict: practically no difference in Graphics between them. in fact, they found that the Xbox 360 had the slight edge graphically over the PS3.

Here's their conclusion

Conclusion
After going through another eight games, we've found a few trends that follow both of these consoles around. Outside of Rainbow Six Vegas 2, our findings didn't show any drastic differences in image quality between the two consoles--nothing compared to what we found when we compared first-generation games in our original comparison feature. The PlayStation 3 generally lags behind the Xbox 360 in high-quality textures and the depth/normal maps that go with them. However, in the same games, the PlayStation 3 sometimes comes ahead with better shadowing and antialiasing. Games on the PS3 do tend to be blurrier than their Xbox 360 counterparts, but the PlayStation 3 games can look just as good as the Xbox 360 games when developers put some effort into it, as is evident with both Grand Theft Auto IV and Burnout Paradise. Overall, the PlayStation 3 outputs visuals that are either on par with the Xbox 360 or only slightly behind.
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by lungwun(m): 4:19pm On May 30, 2008
i love this
more on the ps3 bashing.
pathetic black humongous heavy console
with only one exclusive worth playing on its limited catalogue

(just hope microsoft does not do something really stupid and make me eat my words)
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by texazzpete(m): 3:49pm On May 31, 2008
@lungwun
. . .well, there's final fantasy grin

Though it's extremely likely that Square Enix will bring it to the 360 too
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by luciano80(m): 8:17am On Jun 01, 2008
Dudes, dudes!!!!! obviously you guys are X-Box "freaks". for me, Playstation will always be the console for, despite the somewhat harsh reviews from my friend and pal (while in skool though) texazzpete. and some sloopy games which i believe can be better. you all will agree that Sony has always bein a Pace setter, except wii that came up with something really out of the box undecided .

lungwun:

i love this
more on the ps3 bashing.
pathetic black humongous heavy console
with only one exclusive worth playing on its limited catalogue

(just hope microsoft does not do something really stupid and make me eat my words)

well, for what its worth, i do hope God of War: chains of olympus does make u eat your words friend.
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by texazzpete(m): 10:59am On Jun 02, 2008
@luciano

Sony has not 'aways' been a pace setter. if we had affordable brioadband speeds in Nigeria, you'd be surprised the amount of fun you could get over Xbox Live.

I'm not an Xbox 'freak'. As i said before, i own all the next-gen game consoles (Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PS3). That won't stop me from telling the truth as i see it.

you can snag a 360 for maybe 40k - 35k in Naija, yet people are rushing for the PS3 which doesn't really provide any difference.

Just for the record, GoW: Chains of Olympus is on the PSP only. God of War isn't really a major system seller on it's own.

Luciano80, i'm interested in any pal of mine from school days. Mail me?
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by luciano80(m): 8:59am On Jun 03, 2008
all what you said is true i must admit!!!! the GoW is available on Psp (which i have) i forgot to include it my post. but God has being in the top 10 games some tyme ago so i think its a top tittle for sony or one of em
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 04, 2008
the console with 33% failure rate and one hell of a noisy fan yet people still have overheating problems is Xbox360.

and what's up with all the needed peripheral u have to buy that come included with the PS3.

The Xbox360 had a one year head start which they are losing at the moment.

remember Xbox live is not free.
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by texazzpete(m): 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2008
khai_khai:

the console with 33% failure rate and one hell of a noisy fan yet people still have overheating problems is Xbox360.

and what's up with all the needed peripheral u have to buy that come included with the PS3.

The Xbox360 had a one year head start which they are losing at the moment.

remember Xbox live is not free.

I love it when people say things they know NOTHING about!

What extra peripheral do you have to buy?

i pity you for gaming on a PS3 in Standard Def. if you were gaming hi-def, you'd know the PS3 doesn't include a hi-definition cable like HDMI or even Component. The Xbox 360s come BY DEFAULT with component cables.

Did i mention that ALL xbox 360s ship with free headsets for online chat on xbox Live?

The Ignorance is strong in this one grin
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by texazzpete(m): 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2008
PS: Xbox Live isn't free, but it's a whole lot better than PSN.
wise gamers pay for quality. That's why Xbox Live 0wns PSN hands down.
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 04, 2008
texazzpete:

I love it when people say things they know NOTHING about!

What extra peripheral do you have to buy?

i pity you for gaming on a PS3 in Standard Def. if you were gaming hi-def, you'd know the PS3 doesn't include a hi-definition cable like HDMI or even Component. The Xbox 360s come BY DEFAULT with component cables.

Did i mention that ALL xbox 360s ship with free headsets for online chat on xbox Live?

The Ignorance is strong in this one grin

come'on. have you heard of the Xbox 360 arcade.

It has 256MB memory, so you have to buy a hard drive to play games which require hard drive installation.

it has no wireless ethernet capability, that is offered as an acceessory.

it also has no headset, you have to buy that seperately. (higher SKUs have that)

it ships with a standard definition cable. u need Hidef. buy the cable. (only the elite has that)

1 Like

Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2008
texazzpete:

PS: Xbox Live isn't free, but it's a whole lot better than PSN.
wise gamers pay for quality. That's why Xbox Live 0wns PSN hands down.

Yes, PSN is still playing catch up on live. PSN is still evolving(even imitating live with ingame XMB and trophy system coming up).
But then, that is why they won't move many consoles in the developing countries.
E.g. Those who can afford internet access in nigeria will definitely prefer free2play on the Wii or PS3 to pay2play on the Xbox.
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by Zedman(m): 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2008
Sony invented the HDMI, The xbox just got it. The playstation3 still has far better potential wait till you see METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and you'll see what a PS3 can do, so be patient the difference will come when dedicated programmers make games that'll fullfill the power of the PS3.
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by texazzpete(m): 9:22pm On Jun 05, 2008
khai_khai:

come'on. have you heard of the Xbox 360 arcade.

It has 256MB memory, so you have to buy a hard drive to play games which require hard drive installation.

it has no wireless ethernet capability, that is offered as an acceessory.

it also has no headset, you have to buy that seperately. (higher SKUs have that)

it ships with a standard definition cable. u need Hidef. buy the cable. (only the elite has that)

LOL
The 360 arcade is an entry level model, meant only for casual gamers. How many people got that?
Even the arcade has a HD cable. The cable that ships with all 360s is composite AV + Component.

IS there a HDMI cable in ANY PS3 SKU?

khai_khai:

Yes, PSN is still playing catch up on live. PSN is still evolving(even imitating live with ingame XMB and trophy system coming up).
But then, that is why they won't move many consoles in the developing countries.
E.g. Those who can afford internet access in nigeria will definitely prefer free2play on the Wii or PS3 to pay2play on the Xbox.

Those who can afford internet access in Nigeria can defintiely afford to pay the extra bucks for the premium opnline experience. it's a yearly fee, and it's relativelyt minimal.

Zedman:

Sony invented the HDMI, The xbox just got it. The playstation3 still has far better potential wait till you see METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and you'll see what a PS3 can do, so be patient the difference will come when dedicated programmers make games that'll fullfill the power of the PS3.

Sony invented HDMI?!!
I HATE talking to ignorant people. Please stop making silly statements you know nothing about.
EDGE magazine was critical of MGS 4 graphics. Even Kojima admitted the Ps3 wasn't powerful enough to handle his vision. Seen videos of Gears of War 2? MGS 4 won't hold a candle to it.

All the patience in the world will do you no good. The GPU in the xbox 360 is even marginally better than that in the PS3, so the PS3 will NEVER be able to have a graphical lead over the 360. Not now, not in 2010!
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by Infoseye(m): 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2008
God! people like this still exist in this world gush can't believe this,this thread is totally is crap!
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by texazzpete(m): 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2008
Infoseye:

God! people like this still exist in this world gush can't believe this,this thread is totally is crap!

Correction
#1 - People like these
#2 - Gosh.

The initial post merely referred to an article on Gamespot.com. The article was written by professional journalists with demonstrably higher intelligence than you have. My intent is to highlight the lack of difference in gaming entertainment from both consoles, and to show financially challenged gamers that the Xbox 360 (which is approx N20000 cheaper than the PS3 in Nigeria) is a viable alternative to Sony's hype machine.

If you consider this thread to be crap, you might want to take a look at your posts where you shamelessly try to sell off tethered GPRS as 'free internet'. All that for a lousy N1000.

I was right. You ARE a child.
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by vowiski(m): 10:16pm On Jun 19, 2008
texazzpete not again.
thought we gone through all this before
texazzpete:

I HATE talking to ignorant people. Please stop making silly statements you know nothing about.
EDGE magazine was critical of MGS 4 graphics. Even Kojima admitted the Ps3 wasn't powerful enough to handle his vision. Seen videos of Gears of War 2? MGS 4 won't hold a candle to it.
All the patience in the world will do you no good. The GPU in the xbox 360 is even marginally better than that in the PS3, so the PS3 will NEVER be able to have a graphical lead over the 360. Not now, not in 2010!

what kojima meant;
ps3 wasnt able to handle his project then it would have died in the 360.
you  want a 50gb game in a 9gb console (4 plates or more. lol)

2. PS3 multi-core Cell processor is clocked at 3.2 GHz. and the Xbox 360's Xenon has three cores and is also clocked at 3.2 GHz.

Both consoles have a total of 512 MB of RAM,

Sony gets a little advantage with a 550 MHz GPU compared to the 500 MHz of the 360.

PS3 can perform 1.8 TFLOPS (tera Floating Point Operations per Second), whereas the 360 can perform 1.0 TFLOPS,

The PS3  has HDMI out for digital output in 1080p, and Blu-ray discs can potentially store more than 5 times more data than the Xbox 360 DVD drive.,

so what the trash are you talking about?
you better be kiddin.

MGS4: FINISH the fiGHT.

Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by kaceei: 7:42am On Jun 20, 2008
judging by the hardware specifications of the 2 consoles, i would say that the ps3 has got more power to deliver better graphics. its cell processor(with bout 9 cores) by IBM and GPU(reality synthesizer) by nvidia would make sure of that. unfortunately i dont think much is being done by developers of its games, i guess we have to wait. am optimistic it will definately out perform the xbox 360. u wait and see.

guys, this forum is supposed to be for sharing info, ideas e.t.c but i think a couple of people have turned it to a "i know better than u do" contest. they might want to trash things out in a courtroom. LOL

1 Like

Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by lungwun(m): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2008
vowiski:

texazzpete not again.
thought we gone through all this before
what kojima meant;
ps3 wasnt able to handle his project then it would have died in the 360.
you want a 50gb game in a 9gb console (4 plates or more. lol)
MGS4: FINISH the fiGHT.
Dude where in the world did you hear that the xbox 360's hd-dvd drive had a capacity of 9gb?
hell even dual layer dvds support up to 7.xxgb
get your facts straight dude.
this just shows you are not a true gamer and are only interested in facts on paper

you say ps3 has hdmi outputs and full 1080p
do you own a full hd lcd?
if you do i would like you to point out the visual difference between 1080p and 1080i
well i got something for you
why is it stated that resistance 2(the former being the launch title of your console)
will only run at 720p?
i am this close to getting a ps3 but do not for one second think i will ever say it is an outstanding games
system
and dont get me started on the pads
well at least dualshock 3 is here tho it took them a year and a half
to discover how to add rumble to their pads.

total bollocks!
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by texazzpete(m): 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2008
@lungwun
the xbox 360 doesn't use hd-dvds for games

@vowiski
MGS 4 isn't 50gb. it uses the two layers on the BluRay disc, yes, and each side = 25GB. It doesn't neccessarily mean it uses both sides to a full.
Besides, it's far better and easier to change dvds in a 4 disc set than to wait for a 3 minute install between each act in MGS 4. Not to talk of the initial install period before playing the game.
Woe betide you if your HDD is full cheesy

Storage space is not equal to better graphics.
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by lungwun(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2008
are you sure?
in that case my bad
but then if cod4 looks that good then,

once i play mgs4, that will be all for the ps3 for now
and i hear the 360 will get another price slash at e3 2008
http://www.t3.com/news/xbox-360-price-cut-imminent?=36001
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by Infoseye(m): 7:34pm On Jun 20, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin still a stupid thread anyway whats your problem if either game consoles are better or not just get a console and enjoy it instead of debating which is better or not.
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2008
They are both good consoles depends on what you like, xbox 360 is better for the hardcore gamer, if you want to enjoy online gaming thanks to live and lots of games which you won't find on ps3 but with the ps3 firmware update coming out soon and other ps3 exclusives on the way who knows. MGS4 is just lovely and this is reason enough for anyone who hasn't bought a ps3 console to do so now apart from it being a multimedia power house. Playing blurays or if you haven't got that cash to spray out like me tongue, download bluray rips and stream unto your ps3, pictures are amazing. Another game worth mentioning on the ps3 is uncharted drakes fortune.
Re: Gamespot: Xbox 360 Games Graphics As Good Or Better Than Ps3 Graphics! by vowiski(m): 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2008
lungwun:

are you sure?
in that case my bad
but then if cod4 looks that good then,

once i play mgs4, that will be all for the ps3 for now
and i hear the 360 will get another price slash at e3 2008
http://www.t3.com/news/xbox-360-price-cut-imminent?=36001
who cares?
AFTER all
you've been making NOISE
shame on you lungwun.

cheers!!!
play b3yound!

(1) (Reply)

Mass Effect 3 Crack Download Link In Description / 9ja Gaming Convention 2014 / Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, Buy & Hacked / Installed Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.