Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread (419340 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by YomiYarzo: 9:20am On Jul 31, 2013
Not impressed copied Samsung S4
Scrap
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by physise(m): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2013
Paris-fran:
TeamTecno juust dey do free advert wey nobody go pay them for.

My question is can the OS of Tecno products be updated? Android 4.3 is out already, will i be able to upgrade to that one?
no
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Codedeben: 9:29am On Jul 31, 2013
Paris-fran:
TeamTecno juust dey do free advert wey nobody go pay them for.

My question is can the OS of Tecno products be updated? Android 4.3 is out already, will i be able to upgrade to that one?
Update ? NO.... You can only UPGRADE. And the only means of achieving that is changing your phone as they roll out new ones. That's UPGRADE!!! If you want a taste of each and every new Android update, then you'd have to keep tab on Tecno new batches of products. By implication, you'll need to be ready almost every time to change your phone to their latest.
Is it not part of what they're suppose to address?
They keep using Nigeria market as the testing ground for their trial products.
Yea, before you quote me ,yes I mean you Tecno ambassador reading this, I understand its their selling point (relatively cheaper) that attracts us to them And we should appreciate them. My question is, is Tecno the only brand that produces cheap smartphones? What about the build quality of others compared to Tecno? Are they any better and is there any of them that enjoys OS update?

NB:
Watch out for N10. This would be out next week and pls don't ask me if it comes wit gorilla glass. We produce them immediately we remember something was amiss in the previous version. If you need gorilla glass and Android. 4.3 wait for tecno F9( the next 6 release after A+).
Thanks for your loyalty.

7 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by ayodeejay(m): 9:30am On Jul 31, 2013
This to me, is same as phantom a, they just upgraded to 4.2 jelly bean. Dats all
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Obinnio: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2013
One question please, Is it a Corning Gorilla Glass
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2013
Obinnio: One question please, Is it a Corning Gorilla Glass
Not just Corning Gorilla Glass but Dragon Tail Glass(A BIG plus, isn't it?)
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by joshyjags: 10:04am On Jul 31, 2013
mehn tecchno don scatter pple head/ but dey shld put flash and e book readers.....
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by fabby26(m): 10:25am On Jul 31, 2013
I still dey wait for the techno phone with specification where one can shake hand or kiss for real body to body via phone grin
Techno dey try, but am still in love with my lumia 610.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by tomiobj(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2013
Tecno abi wat do they even call it es just a rubbish fone......don't get wat people even see in it.After using android os ..its still the same tecno that is always outranked to other sensible phones eg iphone,blackberry,lumia.samsung,xperia. Those are sensible fones that tecno is just like a baby to them. So they should carry their phantom nonsense to make mouth mstcheeeeewwwww
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by jubrealguy(m): 10:59am On Jul 31, 2013
Seenyo: Bought mine @ slot last week, great phone @ gud price!
Howdy, hope it's cool, pls lemme know cos i wanna get mine today
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Parisfran(f): 11:29am On Jul 31, 2013
physise: no
Codedeben:
[b]Update ? NO.... .
okay, sad though. other than that the specs is quite impressive.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 31, 2013
kalunomics: Many things are missing in the specs; does it play HD 1080p videos at 30fps? Does it have super Amoled resistance, Amoled or corning gorilla glass? what's the PPI pixel density?does it come with power pack charger like the F7? what is the DC-HSDPA speed? Is the battery removeable? Does it use micro or mini SIM? Does it use dual SIM?
Someone should please help me with the above specs of the phone. I need to chose between this new phantom and Gionee D1. The retarding factor in D1 for me, is the non removeable battery feature
_

Super Amoled resistance? I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. Please don't give me a heart attack.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by physise(m): 11:54am On Jul 31, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

Super Amoled resistance? I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. Please don't give me a heart attack.
lobatan
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by WizzKim: 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
As eTech put it, it is not a corning glass but hardened protective plastic.. I dont have the link, but you can google Phantom A plus
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by ssiaccenture(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
great features! but it does not have ms office packages like ms word, ms excel, powerpoint etc. so it may be irrelevant to my status
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
ssiaccenture: great features! but it does not have ms office packages like ms word, ms excel, powerpoint etc. so it may be irrelevant to my status
they are all downloadable apps.......
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by blacqueen(f): 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
what are the names for the apps for MS word, excel and powerpoint? somebody help
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
blacqueen: what are the names for the apps for MS word, excel and powerpoint? somebody help
KINGSOFT OFFICE PRO
DOWNLOAD LINK

Use it to view/read, ms word, Excel and power point files
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by MSItachi: 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
Just Bought A+ this morning grin
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by claycares: 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
Keemie: Equipped with 1.2GHz Quad-core CPU with 1.0GB RAM,
Key Features
CPU frequency : 1.2GHz Quad-core
CPU : MT6577H
Display
Size : 5.0''
Resolution : 720*1280grin

Corporate liars. MT6577 and its variants are NOT quadcore but dual core cortex A9 SoC. You don't have to deceive to sell.

As for the PPI, it should be around 221 going by the massive 5.0inch screen. That's over stretch like in a 2011 device[/quote]
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by jubrealguy(m): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
MSItachi: Just Bought A+ this morning grin
where did u get yours
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by MSItachi: 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
jubrealguy: where did u get yours

Banex, Abuja, got the white one. for the price this phone goes for, i will say i am impressed.
But what i like the most still remains the dual sim inside a high end Android device, shikena
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by claycares: 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
MSItachi:

Banex, Abuja, got the white one. for the price this phone goes for, i will say i am impressed.
But what i like the most still remains the dual sim inside a high end Android device, shikena
High end device for 2011 or 2013 huh? I dey laugh. This is real life example of Plato's allegory of the cave.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by MSItachi: 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
claycares:
High end device for 2011 or 2013 huh? I dey laugh. This is real life example of Plato's allegory of the cave.

Am sorry lipsrsealed, Low end.

Am too happy to care, really grin grin grin
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by claycares: 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
MSItachi:

Hahaha, that's hilarious
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Koolmexxi(m): 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
MSItachi:

Gbaaaam!!! Lobatan... Whether low end or even unended of 1990, Tecno has brought d feel of android to d masses.. And in d end, dat is Wat really matters.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by showboy20: 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
icze: Can anybody who has used the a+ tell us bout d camera...how good do pics come out nd the camera flash too...do pics look nice @ nite in low light
perfect and sharper than A
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by LizyL: 12:19am On Aug 01, 2013
MSItachi:

how much did you get it for?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by ebuwa2: 1:20am On Aug 01, 2013
MSItachi:

best way to answer haters! grin grin
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Proffdada: 2:02am On Aug 01, 2013
overclocking same mtk6577 is a detrimental scam i never expected from tecno,i've been pro-tecnoist till they took the wrong turn into recycling a dual core chip with outdated gpu. except there's an error somewhere writing mtk6577 instead of mtk6589,another error is the 120hrs of talktime
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 3:08am On Aug 01, 2013
claycares:

Corporate liars. MT6577 and its variants are NOT quadcore but dual core cortex A9 SoC. You don't have to deceive to sell.

As for the PPI, it should be around 221 going by the massive 5.0inch screen. That's over stretch like in a 2011 device
so the phone is still a dual core like A1? mtsewww.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 01, 2013
tecno keep making bullshits and call it upgrade??
the phone is still dualcore cpu..
but overclocked..
the only upgrade in dis phone is d 4.2 jb..

TECNO ARE REJECTED CHINESE PEOPLE WHO ARE OUT TO MAKE MONEY ANY WAY EVEN IF IT INVOLVES SCAMMING NIGERIANS..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (216) (Reply)

#UNIVERSAL GSM CODES# / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. / 2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.