Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread - Phones (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread (419973 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
*stiffens laff* that's all they had to say?..."Nairaland is now a mess" "the real ppl knw where we meet" ? This just reeks of,what-do-they-call-it...errrmmm (I ll remember later)...like they weren't part of the people who made it a "Mess"....rubbish *throws potatoe chips away in disgust*

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
deejay_harry1: BECOZ TECNO DEY LIKE ABA CLOTH, BEFORE U THROW TWO STEPS WITH AM, U DON SEE AM WITH ATLEAST 5 DIFFERENT NOVICE..

hence d demand for TECNO prevails all smartphone in nigeria..

*thread unfollowed*

JUST LIKE 4LLERBUNTU said, "real people know where we meet"

nairaland phone section is now a mess

Errm..no offence bro but you ve unfollowed this thread like a million times...#justsaying

6 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Jessewizy(m): 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
[quote author=Coolstan] you didn't install it properly. Where did you copy the data files to? .. It opened bt on getting to where one can start the game where they wrote 'tap to continue' it stopped working
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
JeffreyJamez: *stiffens laff* that's all they had to say?..."Nairaland is now a mess" "the real ppl knw where we meet" ? This just reeks of,what-do-they-call-it...errrmmm (I ll remember later)...like they weren't part of the people who made it a "Mess"....rubbish *throws potatoe chips away in disgust*
hehehe don't mind them jare

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 4:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
[quote author=Jessewizy][/quote] make sure you have a working internet connection and that your data is on for your first run
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Uchenna42(m): 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
Guys I just bought the phone...... checked the phone storage and saw 1.62gb........ while the useable internal memory is 863mb... pls is it the same with you guys own.....please reply asap.....
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Talk2nanro(m): 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
IT IS JACK BAUER
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 5:35pm On Sep 03, 2013
JeffreyJamez:

Errm..no offence bro but you ve unfollowed this thread like a million times...#justsaying

he don unfollow tire ....HE IS JUST REGRETTING Y HE WENT FOR GIONEE E3, HE NEVER BELIEVED TECNO COULD RELEASE PHANTOM A+ ....
grin

6 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 5:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
OYA DOWNLOAD ADOBE FLASH PLAYER MY FELLOW PHANTOMER AND GELONA USER(HATERS)...i know say gionee users no sabi flash player and we would TEACH THEM...imagine vulcanizer saying his google chrome has inbuilt flash player....i just cant stop laughing....well, lets all flex our ANDY..

HAVE U EVER WANTED TO PLAY VIDEO ON A PAGE WHILE BROWSING THEN ADOBE FLASH PLAYER FOR ANDRIOD IS THE SOLUTION TO THAT..JUST INSTALL IT AND START WATCHING VIDEOS ONLINE THROUGH YOUR BROWSERS BUT I LIKE UCBROWSER..like some website i surf sometimes i.e lindaikeji..com and m.goal.com has a video on the webpage at times...NO NEED OF GOING TO YOUTUBE ANYMORE...

DOWNLOAD [url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jhwjnrwfjdxtkep/Adobe%20flash%20player.10_V1.apk?token_hash=AAGkbHd5IxIzk-seZLTOKjtIRw12bQOxyjzdJ2ZwCLa4FA&dl=1]HERE[/url]

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
Tajsagay: oga na ur network
Thanks!
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
Tajsagay: oga na ur network
k.Thanks!
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
Uchenna42: Guys I just bought the phone...... checked the phone storage and saw 1.62gb........ while the useable internal memory is 863mb... pls is it the same with you guys own.....please reply asap.....
no the internal storage is 980mb...
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
marcjoe: OYA DOWNLOAD ADOBE FLASH PLAYER MY FELLOW PHANTOMER AND GELONA USER(HATERS)...i know say gionee users no sabi flash player and we would TEACH THEM...imagine vulcanizer saying his google chrome has inbuilt flash player....i just cant stop laughing....well, lets all flex our ANDY..

HAVE U EVER WANTED TO PLAY VIDEO ON A PAGE WHILE BROWSING THEN ADOBE FLASH PLAYER FOR ANDRIOD IS THE SOLUTION TO THAT..JUST INSTALL IT AND START WATCHING VIDEOS ONLINE THROUGH YOUR BROWSERS BUT I LIKE UCBROWSER..like some website i surf sometimes i.e lindaikeji..com and m.goal.com has a video on the webpage at times...NO NEED OF GOING TO YOUTUBE ANYMORE...

DOWNLOAD [url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jhwjnrwfjdxtkep/Adobe%20flash%20player.10_V1.apk?token_hash=AAGkbHd5IxIzk-seZLTOKjtIRw12bQOxyjzdJ2ZwCLa4FA&dl=1]HERE[/url]
Why d stress. Firefox Mozilla plays content online. But flash player came pre-installed on A+ sha
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
fabulousfortune: Why d stress. Firefox Mozilla plays content online. But flash player came pre-installed on A+ sha

no, Flashplayer doesn't come pre installed.....
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Abbeyme: 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
Hello nairalanders, please can F7 or f7+ be used to control TV (i.e. change channels, increase volume, switch on & off) and other stuffs like that, cos am considering going for the phone. Thanks in anticipation.

Also, can Team Viewer be configured on it?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
marcjoe:

no, Flashplayer doesn't come pre installed.....
But why does it then play those content online?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by lat4real: 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2013
This thread is hillarious! LWKMD
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by harmbhrosz(m): 11:10pm On Sep 03, 2013
cheesy Bros na wa ooo....you be presenter? cheesy
JeffreyJamez:

*looks at audience* And MR.Coolstan just dropped a Food For Thought people..what do ginoee users have to say about this *faces Gionee section*
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:13am On Sep 04, 2013
JeffreyJamez: Finally...some action *opens potatoe chips*
na lie.....feels tasty *opens galon of kerosine* lollllllll
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 04, 2013
JeffreyJamez: This is intriguing...while 2 so called "gurus" are shooting each other..one nigga is at one corner setting p on coded level...hahaha *opens second pack of potatoe chips*..
na lie.......finishes the first galon of kerosine *opens the second galon* ....una no go kill me with laff lollllll
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by cahnellven: 4:13am On Sep 04, 2013
chinko+aye
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by akinola1384(m): 7:42am On Sep 04, 2013
What is the main reason of rooting f7+ pls some one should tell me. I just bought my a+ last week.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 8:04am On Sep 04, 2013
akinola1384: What is the main reason of rooting f7+ pls some one should tell me. I just bought my a+ last week.

What is a ROM?

ROM is the software that runs on the Android devices which is stored in the Read Only Memory. To classify, ROMs are of two types – Stock ROM and Custom ROM.

Stock ROM – It is provided by the manufacturer and the version varies as per the policies of the company. It also limits the access of tech savvy’s.

Custom ROM – This version is developed by a developer or hacker that enables the users to customize their applications or software, thereby improving the performance drastically.

There are both advantages and disadvantages in using custom ROMs for Android devices. Before loading custom ROMs, you need to root your android device. Rooting will help you to change your privilege from “guest” to “super user”. When you buy the device, you will be having only guest privilege since you will not be able to access all the codes as the manufacturer locks it up. It is considered as a protective measure, but the tech savvy’s are disappointed by this action as they cannot use many potential features or update it.

Advantages of using custom ROMs

Updated versions:
You can load the latest and available Android versions which can make your old phone look new.
Great number of feature filled custom ROMs: It will be a chaotic task for you to find the apt one as there are bunches of great custom ROMs available for different devices.

Personalization:
There are a number of features that can be customized to suit your taste and working environment. For instance, Custom themes can bring a new look and feel to your device.

Improve performance:
The custom ROMs allow its users to find out the unnecessary apps they have on their device and helps them to get rid of them, thus increases the speed of processing and improves battery life.

Install Apps on SD card:
This is currently not possible with stock ROMs. If your phone ran out of space occasionally when install new apps this is a killer feature to have.

Better signal and quality:
Custom ROMs help you to improve your base-band which in turn increases the signal and quality of your phone call.

Disadvantages of Using Custom ROMs

Bricking:
This is one of the main reason why people hesitate to root their devices. Some devices after the rooting process may become useless and the only option left with you is to get a new one as the manufacturer will cancel the warranty if they find any attempts of rooting.

Loss of all Data:
When you install a new custom ROM, it will clean up your system and therefor you will loss all your installed apps and data.

Risk Factor:
Most of the apps will be open source and the trust you have on developers may cause a potential risk to you in the future.

Reboot:
If the rooting is not successfully done, the device may enter to an infinite loop of booting.
Here, we have listed some of the pros and cons of using custom ROMs, so make it sure that you seek the advice of a professional before making a move.

author:Jose Tinto of Andromint

Also there are some apps,games, and functions that need root access
e.g
Titanium backup,root explorer apps etc need root access for you to perform some function on them

functions
e.g to see more function of developer options,you need root access.

So my advice to you if you dont know anything about this just dont try it,just enjoy phone like that.

This is just few on what you can enjoy on rooted phone,just google it and get more info.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by yomalex(m): 9:33am On Sep 04, 2013
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by PoorUgly(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2013
Tecno fans you people needs to seriously learn how to ignore childish critics or else you need up causing this beautiful thread to be deleted like the A1 thread.

Focus on creating and expanding knowledge with this thread.

For instance let me suggest, is there no way you people especially Coolstan, Marcjoe, Tobiii etc can connect with Indian users of Xolo Q1000 to create a CWM and custom ROM for this Tecno Phantom A+? Or other needed tweaks.

Am not yet a user, if not I would've tried to connect with them on xda developers. Though, I don't fancy those tweaks but I love knowledge even when am not going to implement it.

Well, have a sweet Phantom A + experience!
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by hustla(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2013
Abbeyme: Hello nairalanders, please can F7 or f7+ be used to control TV (i.e. change channels, increase volume, switch on & off) and other stuffs like that, cos am considering going for the phone. Thanks in anticipation.

Also, can Team Viewer be configured on it?

Yes..download the app
Seen some lg ones but didn't download it
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Tajsagay(m): 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
yomalex:
Android 4.4 Kitkat Unveiled
another copy and paste article with any source acknowledgement. Mschew
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by seunpayne(m): 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
CWM Custom Rom Uploaded Rom for unbricking?? Anybody??
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
*pauses FIFA 13 on iphone 5*

*looks around*

This place is unusually quiet...are they on strike?

Yeah..well *shrugs and continues game*
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by fitzjerry(m): 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Gionee users b crying n ppl wey dey buy d phantom A+ still dey buy am. I just bought my phantom A+ today. Pls which network has d largest data plan for about 1k or 1k5 @ most? And where can i download FIFA 12 from. The guy that sold d fone to me @ Muller fone shop in PH uses a gionee, d guy was even begging some1 to buy it 4rm him instanta 4 15k tht he wants 2 buy A+. Pls where can i download FIFA 12? And can i play it even wen d fone is yet to be rooted?

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
seunpayne: CWM Custom Rom Uploaded Rom for unbricking?? Anybody??

u mean u need those things or u ve them already and wanna share ...SEUN....

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (216) (Reply)

#UNIVERSAL GSM CODES# / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. / 2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.