Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Has MTN Started Charging For Instant Call Bill Notification - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has MTN Started Charging For Instant Call Bill Notification (2679 Views)

Whatsapp Now Charging For Usage... Chaiii!!! / Has Mtn Block Your Opera Mini Server? There's A Way Out! / MTN Is Charging For Midnight Calls (Xtracool) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has MTN Started Charging For Instant Call Bill Notification by Wizeboy(m): 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
As we are all aware of NCC directive to all Telecom operators in Nigeria last year that all telecommunication operators in the country must provide instant SMS service to all phone users at the end of every call, and to provide full details of the cost of each call, and available balances to the subscriber.

I was surprised and shocked when MTN sent me message on the 28th July, 2013; informing me that my Instant Call Bill Notification (branding it as: EasyInternet SMS Alert) expire on 27th July, 2013 and will always be renewed with N5/content. The message is as follow:

Y'ello, your EasyInternet SMS Alert Pack will expire on 27/07/2013 10:52am. This will be renewed automatically for N5.00/content. To disable autorenew, dial *661*7#

I never knew it was the Instant Call Bill at first, until I dial the code and I discovered that Instant Call Bill is not working on my phone again. This prompt me to checked their previous message that suggested that I can voluntarily disable my Instant Call Bill by dialing *661*7#.

The funniest thing is that after dialing the code, they sent another message:
Y'ello, your EasyInternet SMS Alert Pack Auto-Renew has been turned off. To subscribe again, please dial *661#. Thank you

My concern now is that:

1. Is this not a tricky way MTN want to start their exploitation again because they know that Nigerian will never subscribe to their new N5/content Notification, which can give them free day to deduct whatever they like after call or SMS?

2. Is MTN telling us that it is very difficult for them to send Notification after call or SMS for free, as other network is currently doing or what?

Please, as anybody received or witness the same situation?

BELOW IS THE NEWS OF THE NCC DIRECTIVE LATE LAST YEAR:

Punch (1st November, 2012) - SEND INSTANT BILLS TO CALLERS NCC ORDERS OPERATORS

In a move aimed at curbing subscriber complaints over billing irregularities, the Nigerian Communications Commission has mandated all telecoms operators to provide free instant Short Message Service to all phone users detailing the cost of each call and available balances to the subscriber at the end of every call from today (Thursday). A statement made available to our correspondent on Wednesday by the Head, Media and Public Relations, NCC, Mr. Reuben Muoka, stated that any operator that failed to commence the service to its subscribers would be liable to a fine of N5m and a further N500,000 per day as long as the contravention persisted. Muoka said, “The commission had in a directive issued since August 2012, mandated that from November 1, 2012, all mobile operators shall send, free of charge, a message or an alert to both post-paid and prepaid subscribers after every call, SMS, or system generated charge or tariff, with a proviso that a subscriber can opt out if he or she so wishes. “The directive mandates the service providers to send messages containing six critical information including: exact duration of the call minutes and seconds; total cost for each call or SMS; customer accounts balance after the last call for prepaid and SMS; customer account balance after a charge or tariff and the reason for the charge or tariff; cumulative call charges up to the last call within the charging period for post-paid customers; and cost of services and credit balance upon request by customer for data service.” He said the directive was in line with the provisions of Section 53(1) of the Nigerian Communications Act, 2003, and was a response to one of the major concerns of the subscribers as it related to the actual amounts deducted from their credit balances by the service providers for each call or SMS sent.
Source: http://www.ncc.gov.ng/index.php/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1092%3Apunch-1st-november-2012-send-instant-bills-to-callers-ncc-orders-operators&catid=86%3Acat-mediapr-headlines&Itemid=64
Re: Has MTN Started Charging For Instant Call Bill Notification by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
nawa o...
Re: Has MTN Started Charging For Instant Call Bill Notification by dlight1(m): 5:50am On Jul 31, 2013
A leopard can never change its spot, so mtn will forever remain dubious except if rightly tamed
Re: Has MTN Started Charging For Instant Call Bill Notification by delikay4luv: 5:53am On Jul 31, 2013
sebi na mtn. abeg next story
Re: Has MTN Started Charging For Instant Call Bill Notification by babarazy: 5:54am On Jul 31, 2013
brooklyn49: nawa o...
na real waa.
Re: Has MTN Started Charging For Instant Call Bill Notification by ekanDamie: 8:45am On Oct 22, 2013
bro pls I sent u a mail, thru nairaland pls kindly reply me bro, I need ur advice. thanks. am mackr0138@gmail.com
Re: Has MTN Started Charging For Instant Call Bill Notification by LordReed(m): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2013
Re: Has MTN Started Charging For Instant Call Bill Notification by ekanDamie: 10:28am On Oct 24, 2013
ekanDamie: bro pls I sent u a mail, thru nairaland pls kindly reply me bro, I need ur advice. thanks. am mackr0138@gmail.com
pls bro, kindly reply.

(1) (Reply)

Best New Airtel Data Bundle!!! / I Want To buy Xiaomi Note 3 But Scared Of The Rom/playstore Wahala / Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.