Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For (2682 Views)

These Are The Features We Want To See In The Next Set Of Infinix Devices / 4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by simplemtray(m): 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
What makes a phone very expensive? Have you ever thought of this? Apart from the Camera, battery capacity, screen size, speakers, processor, RAM size, and storage capacity, what else makes my phone expensive? Let’s keep this short.

Many users buy phones because they are the latest, their friends own them, we want to get the new Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, Alcatel, and the likes of it, not minding what we ever need them for.

Here is a list of features you pay for but don’t ever use. Comment below if we missed some.

NFC

You probably don’t know it means Near Field Communicator, relatively more secure than the Bluetooth of your phone. Outside this country, people buy phones with this feature, it aids payment for goods, serves as security smart cards, and for sharing and transferring of contacts, music, etc. On this part of the world, we don’t even know it exists neither do we use it for file transfer. Isn’t it unwise to go for NFC capable phones?

USB OTG
This means USB on-the-go. A feature that allows you connect your flash drive, mouse, keyboard, thumb print scanner, printer and others to your phone or device. For crying out loud, you don’t even know it exists, yet you pay for it – oh my. You have a timeline to watch and not time to connect some mouse and keyboard to your phone, or do you?

http://techgyst.com/2016/09/20/android-features-we-never-use/# Read More
Re: Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by Harvest601(m): 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
The guy below me is guilty of this.

3 Likes

Re: Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by ITbomb(m): 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2016
angry
Re: Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by joseph214(m): 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
Who doesn't use OTG. What about gamepads and flashdrives.
Re: Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by gudnex22(m): 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
joseph214:
Ask him
Re: Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by DrayZee: 6:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
joseph214:
He must be one of those whose only use for a phone is Facebook and Google.
Ironically, his website appears to be tech related.

1 Like

Re: Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by Valentinooo: 9:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
I use my otg daily. Especially to connect my speaker to my phone to listen to music when there is no light
Re: Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by Newworldorder: 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2016
That's y an igbo man came up with the idea of tecno and infinix

1 Like

Re: Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by okdannyel(m): 1:08am On Oct 01, 2016
I yaff hear... Next please
Re: Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by simplemtray(m): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2016
DrayZee:

He must be one of those whose only use for a phone is Facebook and Google.
Ironically, his website appears to be tech related.

I am glad you saw that for yourself. Out of the over 500 people you know, how many of them use the OTG, if you read the full post, you would have seen other features that people don't use but pay for. Have you ever used the NFC on your android phone?
Re: Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by simplemtray(m): 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2016
It is obvious most of us didn't follow the link to the full post. Well, I have moved on.
Re: Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by DrayZee: 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
simplemtray:

I am glad you saw that for yourself. Out of the over 500 people you know, how many of them use the OTG, if you read the full post, you would have seen other features that people don't use but pay for. Have you ever used the NFC on your android phone?
OTG is relatively new (especially to Nigeria) . You can't expect it to be so popular immediately. Even 4G is not so popular. And not every phone has it, so it shouldn't even be on the list.
And yes I have used NFC...on my tv though. And it's the same thing here, not every phone has it. If it was on every phone, it would be used much more.
You can't write off features just because you don't use them.

1 Like

Re: Android Features We Never Use But Pay Dearly For by simplemtray(m): 9:18am On Oct 17, 2016
Out of say 100 people, only 2 or 3 use these features, feel free to carry a mini research by yourself. Ask friends and family or even schoolmates and colleagues at work.

(1) (Reply)

This Phone Is Sure Better Than The New Samsung S9 / Why Are Google Pixel So Expensive. / My Thoughts On Huawei Ban: USA Vs China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.