Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals (18351 Views)

My View About Jim Iyke's Deliverance. / 7 Differences Pope Francis Has Made In One Appearance / 7 Differences Pope Francis Has Made In One Appearance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by alphaconde(m): 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
I can't imagine that an age long feeling could be changed in a matter of minutes, as soon as I heard the words from the pope "who am I to judge gay people" my spirit was humbled. I felt this weakness in me. I discover that I equalled with them (homosexuals) in other forms of sin we commit.

Recently I was made to know that anyone who depends on his strenght to attain salvation may probably lose it, hence we must depend on God s love and grace.

Now here's is a real life comparism.
I have this friend who's gay, he left for UK and since then has expressed joy in an enviroment that supports his acts. He even looks forward to marrying a man, anytime we chat and he talks about it am always disgusted.

When he was in nigeria we used to be business patners so we were very close, now that he is away we talk often about out lives and challenges.
The other day he called to inform me that he has gotten a very good job, with a world cLass bank, and I asked myself why he would bless a gay with such a miracle? And me who isn't gay is down here expecting a breakthrough, it was then I discovered God hasn't even rejected them. Why should we?

Now that the pope has said this, I recall that judgement should be left for God.
Though I personally abhor this act but then I have come to understand that this is the same reason christ died.

Lastly I encourage all to keep praying for them and rescue them from the devil.

Alpha conde.

58 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
I am glad you have learned to accept the "live and let live" philosophy cool
but I am worried about HOW that came to be.

Is this really how you GENUINELY feel, not only because of his words but
because of true reflection and thought? Or is it simply because HE said not to?

let's say he were to retract his statement..would this revelation of yours also be "taken back"?

(this is more of a statement than a question...its just food for thought brother) wink

21 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by spenca: 5:49am On Jul 31, 2013
Just what i keep telling everyone who is quick at judging ,in my tribe which is the yoruba tribe its said that olorun ,olodumare gave everyman emi(soul) then sent man to ajala' house to select an ori(inner head, destiny) at the presence of orunmila , my point is why judge what God has made you to be ? Only if you disagree on the part that God hadnt created you , creation in the sense of all ...like the xtain say "alpha n omega " He created you from "A" to "Z"

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 31, 2013
Frontpage pls.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by tobechi20(m): 7:13am On Jul 31, 2013
.....Has also changed ur views on.
Atheist

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 31, 2013
The Bible frowns on homosexuality and fornication. Those guilty of the latter shake the Bible in the face of those guilty of the former, threatening God's damnation and punishment... funny life really..

19 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 31, 2013
tobechi20: .....Has also changed ur views on.
Atheist
he will also change your views on murderers, rapists, cultists, ritualists, child marriage etc. Dont you see what the man his trying to do? He is trying to bring all cultures, all people from different perverted together under an umbrella of the NWO.

Homosexualism was unheard of in africa, now due to numerous campaigns abroad africans have start to imbibe the idea.

Anybody can judge the homosexuals so long you judge right. For him to have stylishly excused himself shows he is not of YHWH but of the devil.

15 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by FearGodAndLive: 8:21am On Jul 31, 2013
Segeggs:
he will also change your views on murderers, rapists, cultists, ritualists, child marriage etc.

I haven't been following the news as much as I want to, but going through one of the threads on NL concerning the Pope's statement, I think this was his statement...
If they accept the Lord and have goodwill, who am I to judge them?

Bro Segeggs, do you believe that the Lord loves the murderers, rapists and cultists as well as he loves the fornicators, homosexuals and liars? Are not all sins equal before the eyes of the Lord?
Segeggs:
Dont you see what the man his trying to do? He is trying to bring all cultures, all people from different perverted together under an umbrella of the NWO.

I do not quite agree. The Pope's statement is a much needed admonition that all Africans would do well to dwell upon. Jesus Christ would never have supported homophobia.
Segeggs:
Homosexualism was unheard of in africa, now due to numerous campaigns abroad africans have start to imbibe the idea.

An irrelevant point, as homosexuality has always been present in the human race, though a lot has been done to silence it. It's even recorded in the Old Testament.
Segeggs:
Anybody can judge the homosexuals so long you judge right. For him to have stylishly excused himself shows he is not of YHWH but of the devil.

The devil's job is to instigate hatred and rumor-mongering, not appeal for love and brotherhood.

14 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 31, 2013
^^Mr u r totally wrong. For a man whom many believe speaks for God to have made such statement shows he is totally false. He should condemn homosexual act and not pay it any respect. I dont mean he should hate the persons but the act.

12 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by alphaconde(m): 9:00am On Jul 31, 2013
Segeggs: ^^Mr u r totally wrong. For a man whom many believe speaks for God to have made such statement shows he is totally false. He should condemn homosexual act and not pay it any respect. I dont mean he should hate the persons but the act.

Remember jesus himself didn't condemn the adultrous woman, even the robber by his cross.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 31, 2013
alpha conde:

Remember jesus himself didn't condemn the adultrous woman, even the robber by his cross.
Yes -
Jesus didn't condemn the adulterous woman but he condemned adultery

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2013
spenca: Just what i keep telling everyone who is quick at judging ,in my tribe which is the yoruba tribe its said that olorun ,olodumare gave everyman emi(soul) then sent man to ajala' house to select an ori(inner head, destiny) at the presence of orunmila , my point is why judge what God has made you to be ? Only if you disagree on the part that God hadnt created you , creation in the sense of all ...like the xtain say "alpha n omega " He created you from "A" to "Z"
you're telling me that homosexuals are made like that? I hope you're joking?? Even science knows it is a blatant lie. Homosexuality is sin. It is blatant sin when the government of a people legalizes free sin against God. Why do you think europe and America are struggling with suicidal, atheistic, God-hater, unruly children? They're reaping what they've sown in their families, divorce and brokenness. Why do you think honour in marriage is becoming a thing of the past? Like it or not, man is siding with the devil to fight against the principles Almighty made in the beginning. We're truly in the last days. Every man should choose where he stands.

11 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by italo: 10:26am On Jul 31, 2013
Segeggs: he will also change your views on murderers, rapists, cultists, ritualists, child marriage etc. Dont you see what the man his trying to do? He is trying to bring all cultures, all people from different perverted together under an umbrella of the NWO.

Which of these is not to be obeyed by a Christian?

A. God: "do not judge."

B. Pope: "I will not judge."

C. Segeggs: "Anybody can judge."

8 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by italo: 10:34am On Jul 31, 2013
Segeggs: ^^Mr u r totally wrong. For a man whom many believe speaks for God to have made such statement shows he is totally false. He should condemn homosexual act and not pay it any respect. I dont mean he should hate the persons but the act.

What exactly did he say that wad wrong?
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by italo: 10:36am On Jul 31, 2013
Nemeka:
Yes -
Jesus didn't condemn the adulterous woman but he condemned adultery

Then what is your problem with the Pope?
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 31, 2013
I personally find homosexuality disgusting but I've come to realize that some people's sexuality is gay just as mine's straight.Even if you hate the act,try to tolerate the actor/actress.He/she has feelings just like you that he/she can't help.Kudos to the pope.We need to learn to live in tolerance for the perpetuation of our race cos we can't all be the same.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 31, 2013
Homophobia is just a word that is used to shapen people. Dislike for gays doesnt mean u want to kill them ; we all know murder is against the law. People are now afraid to condemn homosexualism cos of fear of beign called homophobic thereby making them to tolerate it. Guess what? They will move from tolerating to sharing thesame right (gay marriage) and lastly to perverting the world.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2013
Segeggs: Homophobia is just a word that is used to shapen people. Dislike for gays doesnt mean u want to kill them ; we all know murder is against the law.
Hate, threaten, discriminate, try to change them, force them to change.. for it isn't against the law.. These CHRISTians..

Segeggs:
People are now afraid to condemn homosexualism cos of fear of beign called homophobic thereby making them to tolerate it.
Na, you miss the point. Simply mind your BUSINESS. Focus on your life. Who are you to discriminate and who gives a 4k if you tolerate it? Just mind your business. No one is forcing you to love men.

Segeggs:
Guess what? They will move from tolerating to sharing thesame right (gay marriage) and lastly to perverting the world.
Yeah, like the world isn't perverted already. Nigeria, with all its churches,mosques and heterosexual clergy and politicians is sacrosanct. Nonsense..

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by sunkoye: 11:28am On Jul 31, 2013
alpha conde:

haba let us use wisdom here. Jesus did condem bt those that knows the truth and shy away from it. Its a black and white tin. Pope shuld tell his followers dat this is spade and this is shovel. Lesson to pple that look at man for spiritual guidance...human will always be human. Do it urself is always the best. Regards

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by sunkoye: 11:55am On Jul 31, 2013
italo:

Which is these is not to be obeyed by a Christian?

A. God: "do not judge."

B. Pope: "I will not judge."

C. Segeggs: "Anybody can judge."

God said do not judge....cos He alone knows the begining and end of humans life.(Who culd hav known the robber on the cross would be saved) The act of judging is way different from being economical with the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by mkmyers45(m): 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2013
Segeggs: Homophobia is just a word that is used to shapen people. Dislike for gays doesnt mean u want to kill them ; we all know murder is against the law. People are now afraid to condemn homosexualism cos of fear of beign called homophobic thereby making them to tolerate it. Guess what? They will move from tolerating to sharing thesame right (gay marriage) and lastly to perverting the world.

Biblically what is perversion? Do you know that O.ral, Anal and what not are all perverse in the eyes of the lord even among couples? How is gay marriage going to make the world more perverse that fornication and adultery is already doing?
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by italo: 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
sunkoye: haba let us use wisdom here. Jesus did condem bt those that knows the truth and shy away from it. Its a black and white tin. Pope shuld tell his followers dat this is spade and this is shovel. Lesson to pple that look at man for spiritual guidance...human will always be human. Do it urself is always the best. Regards

if you see the full transcript, you will see that the pope even made reference to the Catechism which condemns homosexuality but embraces homosexuals as children of God.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by italo: 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
sunkoye: God said do not judge....cos He alone knows the begining of humans life. The act of judging is way different from beign econimical with the truth.

God said "do not judge."

The pope said "I will not judge."

Yet you people will not let him rest.

if he had said "I will judge," the same you will shout "aha! he disobeys God."

How can you be pleased, this evil generation?

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
spenca: Just what i keep telling everyone who is quick at judging ,in my tribe which is the yoruba tribe its said that olorun ,olodumare gave everyman emi(soul) then sent man to ajala' house to select an ori(inner head, destiny) at the presence of orunmila , my point is why judge what God has made you to be ? Only if you disagree on the part that God hadnt created you , creation in the sense of all ...like the xtain say "alpha n omega " He created you from "A" to "Z"

Interesting perspective. smiley
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by sunkoye: 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2013
italo:

God said "do not judge."

The pope said "I will not judge."

Yet you people will not let him rest.

if he had said "I will judge," the same you will shout "aha! he disobeys God."

How can you be pleased, this evil generation?
. Kept wondring the part that is evil in my statement. Ofcos I will be more worried if he had been judgemental. It would have been more wise for him to quote the bible as his standard. Fine...the refined part of his statement is from the bible bt was cunning wit usage. Hey, search urself...if u trully understand the bible...u will know he is trying to mask the real picture. As it is, watever he said does nt matter to me anyway. Bt it sure matters to the half baked out there.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by spenca: 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
Chibuebem: you're telling me that homosexuals are made like that? I hope you're joking?? Even science knows it is a blatant lie. Homosexuality is sin. It is blatant sin when the government of a people legalizes free sin against God. Why do you think europe and America are struggling with suicidal, atheistic, God-hater, unruly children? They're reaping what they've sown in their families, divorce and brokenness. Why do you think honour in marriage is becoming a thing of the past? Like it or not, man is siding with the devil to fight against the principles Almighty made in the beginning. We're truly in the last days. Every man should choose where he stands.
U have spoken well my friend so what you are trying to say is that GOd is not the creation of "homosextual" but he created all things and things are the way he wants them to be , if God so desires to keep these beings the way they are and want them they way they are who are to judge them?
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by mkmyers45(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2013
Chibuebem: you're telling me that homosexuals are made like that? I hope you're joking?? Even science knows it is a blatant lie. Homosexuality is sin. It is blatant sin when the government of a people legalizes free sin against God. Why do you think europe and America are struggling with suicidal, atheistic, God-hater, unruly children? They're reaping what they've sown in their families, divorce and brokenness. Why do you think honour in marriage is becoming a thing of the past? Like it or not, man is siding with the devil to fight against the principles Almighty made in the beginning. We're truly in the last days. Every man should choose where he stands.

It literally had to take everything in me not to bust out laughing at your comment

As of 2012, the majority of Americans (73–76%) identify themselves as Christians and about 15–20% have no religious affiliation.[3][4] According to the American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS) (2008) 76% of the American adult population identified themselves as Christians, of which 25% identified themselves as Catholics (the largest single subgroup).[3][5] The same survey says that other religions (including, for example, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, and Hinduism) collectively make up about 4% of the adult population, another 15% of the adult population claim no religious affiliation, and 5.2% said they did not know, or they refused to reply.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States

America has more Christians than the whole of Nigeria's population.

Where in this world is free sin against God not supported by the Government?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
mkmyers45:

It literally had to take everything in me not to bust out laughing at your comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States

America has more Christians than the whole of Nigeria's population.

Where in this world is free sin against God not supported by the Government?

My brother, ignore these people. Go check American Embassy, dem go line there like traders.. nonsense..

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
Chichi man! undecided

Another one is about to get his butt-hole changed and liberated. undecided
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by HoldenCaulfield(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
Who am i to comment on pope and his acts of turning his followers into flits.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by adora4u1: 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
A gay person is far better than those pedophiles we call Senators!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Soukiss(m): 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
gey or guy . is a good welcome to earth. endtime prophecy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Story Of Noah's Ark Is The Most Unbelievable Biblical Story Ever Told / Why Do "Born Again" Christians Still Commit Sin? / Just Like The Biblical Joseph, Have You Ever Turned Down A Sexual Advance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.