Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell (3016 Views)

The Oldest Person With Sickle - Asiata Onikoyi-laguda / Misconceptions About People Living With Sickle Cell Disease / Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by Abali1(m): 10:49am On Aug 11, 2013
chaircover: Abali how are you feeling now? Pele. The Lord is your strenght. it is well
Aunty CC, Am fully recovered... Thank You for your concern..
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by dominique(f): 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2013
Thanks for the info Lagusta. I remember doing something about embryonic heamoglobin back in school. @Abali and the other warriors, Lord is your strength.
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by Nobody: 5:28am On Aug 13, 2013
[size=15pt]Why is there no Malaria on that list?[/size]
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by Abali1(m): 7:50am On Aug 13, 2013
n.oxide:
I omitted malaria, because it is a disease on its own caused by a parasitic protozoans.
The factors listed above are not the same as the causes of episodic crisis. That is why the topic states "Factors that trigger off Crisis", moreover the list is not exhaustive others can add more factors to the list. Also, I would appreciate those in the medical line to do justice to this thread. It feels as if none of the in-house doctors, nurses, lab scientists, pharmicists etc care about those living with SCD.
Maybe, if this thread is about cancer or HIV then we would have had more comments from people in the medical field.
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by Lagusta(m): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2013
n.oxide:

Oh but of course, no warrior must smell malaria, that's why they have to take their prophylactic drugs regularly and diligently.

also, they must use insecticide treated nets, maintain a clean environment and eat healthily!!!!!
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by sweetrie(f): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2013
How do u guys do it? Cos right now am so down n depressed.. I don tire cry I try to stay positive but sometimes d bad days overwhelm my positive attitude
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by Abali1(m): 10:24am On Aug 14, 2013
sweetrie: How do u guys do it? Cos right now am so down n depressed.. I don tire cry I try to stay positive but sometimes d bad days overwhelm my positive attitude
Why not send me a pm via abiaaba4@gmail.com, let's talk.
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by sweetrie(f): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2013
Abali1:
Why not send me a pm via abiaaba4@gmail.com, let's talk.
I av sent u 2 pms...
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by Abali1(m): 9:40am On Aug 16, 2013
sweetrie: I av sent u 2 pms...
I just saw it noww and I have replied.
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by Suarezpatrick: 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
Abali1:
I just saw it noww and I have replied.
what's the best drugs to take when in crisis
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by Abali1(m): 9:14am On Jul 22, 2014
Suarezpatrick:
what's the best drugs to take when in crisis
Am not qualified to give advice on the drugs you can take during crisis.
Why not email me at abiaaba4@gmail.com
Thank you.
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
dominique: I've always wondered. How is SCD symptoms detected In babies? How do the parents know their babies are having a crisis when the poor babies can't express themselves?
...d parents may suspect d scd in d child due to the cries and turning up and down....but once its seven/eight months old dey can carry out the test on d child...dats wen dey know if its scd in d child or normal pain...but the parents may be guessing during d period of d infant existence till d 7monts befor dey can carry out d test...it must be seven month and above...it happened to my aunts first daughter...it was hell....tho she is seven years old and still counting.....which makes us two scd carriers in a one big funky family....its been GOD all the way
Re: Factors That Trigger Off Crisis In Persons Living With Sickle Cell by dominique(f): 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
patrickdarlins: ...d parents may suspect d scd in d child due to the cries and turning up and down....but once its seven/eight months old dey can carry out the test on d child...dats wen dey know if its scd in d child or normal pain...but the parents may be guessing during d period of d infant existence till d 7monts befor dey can carry out d test...it must be seven month and above...it happened to my aunts first daughter...it was hell....tho she is seven years old and still counting.....which makes us two scd carriers in a one big funky family....its been GOD all the way

it's well, the Lord is your strength.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Tribute To Dr. Oluyombo Awojobi / SAD NEWS: Family Of Seven Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (photos) / COVID-19 Update For October 4 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.