Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (570514 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 10:03am On May 18, 2016
easycordz:
Good morning

I'm trying to share my data with another mtn line but after going through the process of adding beneficiary successfully, when I dial *131*2*3# to start sharing it says "sorry you do not have any active data" even though i just bought the 1.5gb data plan and can browse with the parent sim.
My number is 08033203260.
Looking forward to your assistance with this.Thanks

We appreciate you contacting us, sorry for the inconvenience, kindly note that the data share service is no longer available. Thank you
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by easycordz(m): 11:01am On May 18, 2016
JideSM:

We appreciate you contacting us, sorry for the inconvenience, kindly note that the data share service is no longer available. Thank you
Please can you tell me when it ended because I got the information about this service from your website:
www.mtnonline.com/products-services/internet-services/data-share

The link is still very much active so why is the service no longer available?

My phone doesn't have a hotspot feature, I need to know how I can share my data with my other devices. Any advice??
Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by waleh89: 11:11am On May 18, 2016
Good morning, I bought a sim some days ago I recharged on it and wants to transfer the credit to another sim it says it is unavailable presently.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Godwin978(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2016
JideSM:
Sincere apologies. Checks show that you were charged for activating the music plus service hence the deduction. Please confirm if you want to deactivate the service for assistance.
please ve you deactivated the mtn musicplus service?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by adibo(m): 1:10pm On May 18, 2016
Hello, I had about 3gb of my night plan remaining, I was surprised that it was completely wiped off some days ago without me using it. I called ur customer care and they said it will be restored. This is a breach of our rights, ncc ought to hear about things like this. I need my data restored
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by jmichlins(m): 12:27am On May 19, 2016
Please i want to know about your night plans and most importantly your H+ signal is very poor at my home but when i move less than 1km, it comes to fullness. This has made me carry different networks cause my main line which is mtn do not browse fast like other networks. You can barely get 40kbit/sec speed but when i move i get more than 1mb
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 1:07am On May 19, 2016
pls no edge network in satellite town for close to two weeks..just 3g functioning.. kindly look into this
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by truthalways(m): 2:05am On May 19, 2016
I have been a frequent subscriber to the mtn 4.5gig for 2,500naira data plan for years now. I noticed some days ago that my internet wasn't working, so i decided to call MTN's customer care to lay my complaint; due to the fact that i still had over 1.3gig of data which doesn't expire till the 16th of June, 2016.

Lo and behold, i was informed that the 4.5gig for 2,500naira has been decommissioned and is no longer valid; so therefore i have to resubscribe to another data plan.

I think this is rather unfair from MTN and a bit callous. I mean it wasn't my fault you rolled out new data plans without wondering what would happen to the those on your current data plans.

Here i am, typing this complaints at 2am rather than sleeping. MTN i need my data plan to be active again. Probably, the next time i would be awake by 2am wouldn't be to type another complaint...i would be meaningfully cursing and swearing for MTN.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Ustec: 6:36am On May 19, 2016
JideSM:
Y'ello, sorry for the inconvenience. Checks show that you were charged for activating the Music plus service hence the deduction. Please confirm if you want to opt out of this service?
yes,i wants to OPT out.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Efisko1(m): 6:41am On May 19, 2016
I don't know if this is the right section for this but please it is of utmost importance I post this and I plead with the necessary mods to help push it to the front page so that proper justice can be served from the injustice being perpetrated by MTN Nigeria. So this happened to a friend of mine and he seriously needs justice done. This maybe long but I urge you all to patiently read it to grasp the full details.

My name is Atere Adebowale Samson and am not a troublemaker. In life some people, situations, entities or in my particular case companies and industries just push you to the wall, and bring out a part of you, you never wanted other people to see. MTN is a very large corporation/company, but am amazed this their branch in Nigeria have forgotten that the customer is always right. In my case am not only right, i have proof of how MTN wronged me. They did all these true negligence and ultimate incompetence, with serene insolence, with no proof that they care, all they care about is making money not minding the little humans they crush as bugs, but am no ordinary bug, am a scorpion, and though they might crush me, i will leave them with a stinging poisonous bite they won't see coming.

Over the past years sometimes have loaded credit on my MTN line and they would take it, just like that, sometimes they will subscribe me to a plan i have no interest in and take my credit with no refunds, only for me to call their customer care and for them to only tell me sorry. I remember one time last year during my NYSC service after camp i recharged my line, the credit was taken and i called the customer care representative and he confirmed i just recharged but did not know where my credit went to, i was so pissed that i threatened to sue MTN, instead of this unfortunate fellow who claimed to be a customer care representative; a people person to be exact, to calm me down, this unknown person had the guts to laugh out loud at me, like i was a fool, i felt so helpless and frustrated because i needed to make a call urgently, i just cut the call and unfortunately i let the matter go. Recently towards the end of my service year MTN still wiped out my data illegally which i still unfortunately in my humble, and good natured person let the matter die. Now on the 13th of April, 2016 at exactly 6:53pm, i subscribed for the MTN Smartphone Bundle. Where you are allocated 4.5GB (1.5GB Day; 6am to 9pm and 3GB Night; 9pm to 6am) valid for 30Days. This plan costs Two thousand and five hundred naira (2,500). Later again on the 23rd of April, 2016 at exactly 3:19am i subscribed again for this plan, which allowed the data to roll over and extended the data expiration. Then finally on the 25th of April, 2016 at exactly 1:16pm i subscribed for this plan again. This makes it a total of 3 times i subscribed for the plan, so as at the 25th of April at exactly 1:16pm my data bundle balance was 8708.39 MB expires: 03/Aug/2016, additional balance 4101.87 MB expires: 03/Aug/2016. From the above, the 8.7Gb was the night plan while the 4.1Gb was the day plan.

My problems/predicament began last week Thursday, 12th of may 2016. Between 9pm and 10pm that night i was trying to browse but i could not browse, i could not chat, nothing was moving on my phone, so the next morning around 2am and 3am i tried again, it still wasn't going, knowing MTN and part of my paranoid and suspicious nature i decided to check my data balance that i checked 2 days before where i knew i had about 8GB for my night plan and about 2GB for my day plan, behold i saw the unbelievable, my whole 8GB for the night plan was gone. Now i immediately called the customer care and a customer care representative assured me that they will get back to me in 24 hours, nobody did. I called the next day again on Friday the same story, on Saturday i called again and demanded to talk to a superior, he talked to me as if i was a computer illiterate and did not know what i was doing, as if i used up the 8GB mys

Copied!!!!

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Efisko1(m): 6:45am On May 19, 2016
Dey pics 4 dey above text

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Amacaco: 7:48am On May 19, 2016
@JideSM, thanks for your prompt response to my complaint earlier. But I tried to browse with my remaining 1.3GB last night as you directed but it could not browse. Pls help me reactivate it. It will be unfair to lose my subscription like that.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by djblue007(m): 7:57am On May 19, 2016
I think this MTN, (whether their deliberate callous decision or lack of being proactive of what happens to their subscribers when they manipulate their systems in the name of rolling out new plans) is becoming intolerable and more of public concern. How would one subscribe for an official data plan for #2500 during this dwindling economy of our nation and wouldn't be allowed to have value for their money
Seriously I've been thinking I'm the only victim of this nauseating MTN decision. My data was also prematurely expired by them leaving me only with the day data balance. I had to call their 180 severely and chat to them on WhatsApp and even in this thread before they managed to return my 585.33mb data balance for the night browsing checking it by dialling *131# and then dialling 4 and you know the most annoying thing? I'VE BEEN UNABLE TO USE THAT RETURNED BALANCE FOR BROWSING AT NIGHT. IT'S JUST THERE DORMANT. I'm so vexed with anger writing this now.

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by yhellow(m): 8:04am On May 19, 2016
yhellow:
the line was never Credited even most of d agent I call confirmed it. I transferred twice to d no on April 26th. 1st one is around 2pm. Which was successful but d 2nd was around 5:10pm which was not successful. Na wa ooo
not yet refund
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by djblue007(m): 8:07am On May 19, 2016
Mine was refunded but I've been unable to use it
yhellow:
not yet refund
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by nurez305(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2016
Hello Mr jide, please I subscribe to MTN 25naira night plan, and through out the time, it is my normal that is is affected. You guys charge me direct from my data. From 736mb to 609mb. Please confirm it and refund back my data. Here is my number,
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by peacecoy: 9:21am On May 19, 2016
truthalways:
I have been a frequent subscriber to the mtn 4.5gig for 2,500naira data plan for years now. I noticed some days ago that my internet wasn't working, so i decided to call MTN's customer care to lay my complaint; due to the fact that i still had over 1.3gig of data which doesn't expire till the 16th of June, 2016.

Lo and behold, i was informed that the 4.5gig for 2,500naira has been decommissioned and is no longer valid; so therefore i have to resubscribe to another data plan.yellow@jide I subscribed for the new 1.5gb @1000k over week now but I can't brows my data balance remain untouch jide pls resolve this.my sims no. is 09036222763.

I think this is rather unfair from MTN and a bit callous. I mean it wasn't my fault you rolled out new data plans without wondering what would happen to the those on your current data plans.

Here i am, typing this complaints at 2am rather than sleeping. MTN i need my data plan to be active again. Probably, the next time i would be awake by 2am wouldn't be to type another complaint...i would be meaningfully cursing and swearing for MTN.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by peacecoy: 9:39am On May 19, 2016
[quote author=peacecoy post=45761435][/quote]yellw @jide I subscribed for new 1.5gb@ 1000k over a week now but I could not brows my data balance remain intact.pls resolve this frustrating situation. My sims no. is 09036222763.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Miracle212(f): 10:38am On May 19, 2016
smiley
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:52pm On May 19, 2016
waleh89:
Good morning, I bought a sim some days ago I recharged on it and wants to transfer the credit to another sim it says it is unavailable presently.

Hello waleh89, so sorry about this. Please send your mobile number via PM to enable me assist. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:58pm On May 19, 2016
adibo:
Hello, I had about 3gb of my night plan remaining, I was surprised that it was completely wiped off some days ago without me using it. I called ur customer care and they said it will be restored. This is a breach of our rights, ncc ought to hear about things like this. I need my data restored

Hello adibo, i'm sorry about the cleared data issue. Kindly send your mobile number via PM for checks.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:59pm On May 19, 2016
adibo:

Hello adibo, i'm sorry about the cleared data issue. Kindly send your mobile number via PM for checks.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:02pm On May 19, 2016
jmichlins:
Please i want to know about your night plans and most importantly your H+ signal is very poor at my home but when i move less than 1km, it comes to fullness. This has made me carry different networks cause my main line which is mtn do not browse fast like other networks. You can barely get 40kbit/sec speed but when i move i get more than 1mb

Hello jmichlins, apologies for the inconvenience. May I know your device type? I will also appreciate it if you can PM your mobile number and location to enable me do a further check. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:06pm On May 19, 2016
bugzygee:
pls no edge network in satellite town for close to two weeks..just 3g functioning.. kindly look into this

Hello bugzygee , so sorry to hear this. I will look into look into. However, i will be glad if you can PM your mobile number and probably two other mobile numbers around the area experiencing the same issue to enable me forward to our Network engineers for assistance. cheers
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:06pm On May 19, 2016
bugzygee:

Hello bugzygee , so sorry to hear this. I will look into look into. However, i will be glad if you can PM your mobile number and probably two other mobile numbers around the area experiencing the same issue to enable me forward to our Network engineers for assistance. Cheers
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:14pm On May 19, 2016
truthalways:

Lo and behold, i was informed that the 4.5gig for 2,500naira has been decommissioned and is no longer valid; so therefore i have to resubscribe to another data plan.

Hello truthalways, so sorry that this happened. It's true that the 4.GB @ N2,500 has been decommissioned. However, the data bundle remaining will still be active except it is deactivated. Kindly send your mobile number via PM to enable to check. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by jmichlins(m): 3:19pm On May 19, 2016
JideSM:

Hello jmichlins, apologies for the inconvenience. May I know your device type? I will also appreciate it if you can PM your mobile number and location to enable me do a further check. Regards
living in nnewi my figures are 07032446904. Can not pm you
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:46pm On May 19, 2016
Efisko1:
I don't know if this is the right section for this but please it is of utmost importance I post this and I plead with the necessary mods to help push it to the front page so that proper justice can be served from the injustice being perpetrated by MTN Nigeria. So this happened to a friend of mine and he seriously needs justice done. This maybe long but I urge you all to patiently read it to grasp the full details.

My name is Atere Adebowale Samson and am not a troublemaker. In life some people, situations, entities or in my particular case companies and industries just push you to the wall, and bring out a part of you, you never wanted other people to see. MTN is a very large corporation/company, but am amazed this their branch in Nigeria have forgotten that the customer is always right. In my case am not only right, i have proof of how MTN wronged me. They did all these true negligence and ultimate incompetence, with serene insolence, with no proof that they care, all they care about is making money not minding the little humans they crush as bugs, but am no ordinary bug, am a scorpion, and though they might crush me, i will leave them with a stinging poisonous bite they won't see coming.

Over the past years sometimes have loaded credit on my MTN line and they would take it, just like that, sometimes they will subscribe me to a plan i have no interest in and take my credit with no refunds, only for me to call their customer care and for them to only tell me sorry. I remember one time last year during my NYSC service after camp i recharged my line, the credit was taken and i called the customer care representative and he confirmed i just recharged but did not know where my credit went to, i was so pissed that i threatened to sue MTN, instead of this unfortunate fellow who claimed to be a customer care representative; a people person to be exact, to calm me down, this unknown person had the guts to laugh out loud at me, like i was a fool, i felt so helpless and frustrated because i needed to make a call urgently, i just cut the call and unfortunately i let the matter go. Recently towards the end of my service year MTN still wiped out my data illegally which i still unfortunately in my humble, and good natured person let the matter die. Now on the 13th of April, 2016 at exactly 6:53pm, i subscribed for the MTN Smartphone Bundle. Where you are allocated 4.5GB (1.5GB Day; 6am to 9pm and 3GB Night; 9pm to 6am) valid for 30Days. This plan costs Two thousand and five hundred naira (2,500). Later again on the 23rd of April, 2016 at exactly 3:19am i subscribed again for this plan, which allowed the data to roll over and extended the data expiration. Then finally on the 25th of April, 2016 at exactly 1:16pm i subscribed for this plan again. This makes it a total of 3 times i subscribed for the plan, so as at the 25th of April at exactly 1:16pm my data bundle balance was 8708.39 MB expires: 03/Aug/2016, additional balance 4101.87 MB expires: 03/Aug/2016. From the above, the 8.7Gb was the night plan while the 4.1Gb was the day plan.

My problems/predicament began last week Thursday, 12th of may 2016. Between 9pm and 10pm that night i was trying to browse but i could not browse, i could not chat, nothing was moving on my phone, so the next morning around 2am and 3am i tried again, it still wasn't going, knowing MTN and part of my paranoid and suspicious nature i decided to check my data balance that i checked 2 days before where i knew i had about 8GB for my night plan and about 2GB for my day plan, behold i saw the unbelievable, my whole 8GB for the night plan was gone. Now i immediately called the customer care and a customer care representative assured me that they will get back to me in 24 hours, nobody did. I called the next day again on Friday the same story, on Saturday i called again and demanded to talk to a superior, he talked to me as if i was a computer illiterate and did not know what i was doing, as if i used up the 8GB mys
Copied!!!!

Hello Efisko1, i'm truly sorry about this experience as regards the cleared data bundle. I will appreciate if you can PM your mobile number to enable me assist. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:53pm On May 19, 2016
djblue007:
I think this MTN, (whether their deliberate callous decision or lack of being proactive of what happens to their subscribers when they manipulate their systems in the name of rolling out new plans) is becoming intolerable and more of public concern. How would one subscribe for an official data plan for #2500 during this dwindling economy of our nation and wouldn't be allowed to have value for their money
Seriously I've been thinking I'm the only victim of this nauseating MTN decision. My data was also prematurely expired by them leaving me only with the day data balance. I had to call their 180 severely and chat to them on WhatsApp and even in this thread before they managed to return my 585.33mb data balance for the night browsing checking it by dialling *131# and then dialling 4 and you know the most annoying thing? I'VE BEEN UNABLE TO USE THAT RETURNED BALANCE FOR BROWSING AT NIGHT. IT'S JUST THERE DORMANT. I'm so vexed with anger writing this now.

Hello djblue007, apologies for the inability to browse. Please PM the affected mobile number to enable me assist. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.