Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,532 members, 7,826,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (571901 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 7:21am On Oct 07, 2014
trent9002:
please my BBC has stopped going for the past 3 days and the few times it goes, it moves at a ridiculously slow pace. I'm talking 2k/s slow. Are you throtling my data? I've checked Status repeatedly and apparently I'm still in fair usage. And no, its not my location cos when I switch to normal wap service, it goes perfectly well. Once I switch back to bis, it stops going. I don't like this. Please fix this.. I really need to use my phone. 0816360219
Hi trent9002. The response for the code STATUS to 21600 should indicate if you are within or have exceeded the fair usage policy. If you are within then, select 3G only in your mobile connection mode. Kindly send the response that you got when you tried confirming the status.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 7:27am On Oct 07, 2014
drkay:
Hello, mtn deduct 15 naira frm my balance on a daily basis for a service I never requested for. Pls help me to stop this and ban further spam messages on my mtn line. My number is 07030771067. I'll also appreciate if u can stop my 2nd mtn line frm getting spam msgs; 07039398313. Thank you.
Hi drkay. I will like to have the short codes you are receiving the SMS from, for prompt assistance.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2014
nellyshasha:
I want to change ma share and sell pin,but I can't I have sent 0000 new pin new pin.but still nothin pls help wat can I do
Ma numba 08164080405
Hi nellyshasha. I will like to know if the issue has been resolved. Please revert asap.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 7:43am On Oct 07, 2014
SmellMyFart:
JideSM,

Each time I try to make transfer via share and sell, I get this message - "sorry, the service is currently not available. Please try again later". It's not as if it would be available in the next 2hrs. I'm really getting fed up with it. angry
Hi SmellMyFart. Apologies for the inconvenience. I will like to know if the issue has been resolved?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 07, 2014
JideSM:
Hi SmellMyFart. Apologies for the inconvenience. I will like to know if the issue has been resolved?
I'm the type that transfer money to other lines many times a day. My first transfer in a day may be successful but subsequent transfer attempts are the ones that carry this message. Does it mean that we the customers are limited to only one transfer per day? undecided
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by trent9002(m): 9:10am On Oct 07, 2014
JideSM:
Hi trent9002. The response for the code STATUS to 21600 should indicate if you are within or have exceeded the fair usage policy. If you are within then, select 3G only in your mobile connection mode. Kindly send the response that you got when you tried confirming the status.
it says I'm still in fair usage.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by nellyshasha(f): 10:51am On Oct 07, 2014
JideSM:
Hi nellyshasha. I will like to know if the issue has been resolved. Please revert asap.
. No d problem hasn't been solved yet
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by hilda90(f): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
JideSM:
Hi hilda90, sorry about this. Please note that Simple Surf data plan is a data plan for modem and not mobile phones.

so, does it mean I can't browse with my sim again? or will it be rectified if I do welcome back?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by king406(m): 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
How many mb do I get on MTN BBC month and BBC WEEK?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by catherineokezie(f): 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
Plz MTN do charge me #20 on daily basis for a service I never subscribe for .....the code that do deduct d charges are 30046 and 5033.my number is 08063091347 tanx
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by drkay(m): 10:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
JideSM:
Hi drkay. I will like to have the short codes you are receiving the SMS from, for prompt assistance.
Thank you sir, I receive a msg frm 770 and 15 naira has since been deducted frm my balance everyday. Here is the copy of the message.
Thank you confirming your subscription, service fee of N15/Day has been charged to your airtime balance. Your policy number is MIP/W/13/131149674
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
king406:
How many mb do I get on MTN BBC month and BBC WEEK?

Hi king406, you are given 2GB for BBC monthly and 500MB for BBC weekly. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
catherineokezie:
Plz MTN do charge me #20 on daily basis for a service I never subscribe for .....the code that do deduct d charges are 30046 and 5033.my number is 08063091347 tanx

Hi catherineokezie, so sorry about this. Kindly provide the content of the message received. Regards

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
drkay:

Thank you sir, I receive a msg frm 770 and 15 naira has since been deducted frm my balance everyday. Here is the copy of the message.
Thank you confirming your subscription, service fee of N15/Day has been charged to your airtime balance. Your policy number is MIP/W/13/131149674

Hi drkay, 770 is the short code for MTN Yello Cover/ MTN Y’ello Life. It is a simple and convenient way MTN subscribers can access an affordable life protection plan directly from their mobile phones. MTN Y’ello Life is offered in collaboration with Mansard Insurance plc
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by trent9002(m): 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
JideSM:

Hi king406, you are given 2GB for BBC monthly and 500MB for BBC weekly. Regards
you don't want to reply anymore? Na sin say I use mtn? If you don't want to repair it, at least reset it for me let me recharge for bbcday and see if it continues. When I try to, it tells me I'm still in a bbc plan. This aint fair tho. I use my phone for business pls
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by catherineokezie(f): 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
You have been successfully renewed for Ratendate service.
And d codes are 5033 and 30046
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by catherineokezie(f): 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
[quote author=JideSM post=26967740][/quote]You have been successfully renewed for Ratendate service. The codes are 5033 and 30046
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by chinchong: 11:10am On Oct 09, 2014
mtn deducted my #50 naira without me suscribing to there illegal caller tune service.......how on earth wl i suscribe to callertune when i av almost 1000 song on my phone?..despite that,u still went ahead to deduct by money.08149522963
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by easy2conet(f): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
I subscribe for night data plan and 1.5GB was given me as a bonus, pls how do I use it in my BB applications, because I only use it with BB native browser But other applications like appworld, opera, ucbowser, cannot be able to connect to internet. Pls how do I resolve this issue.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Amacaco: 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
For about a week now, I have found it extremely difficult to check my mtn night bundle data balance inspite of having made up to 30 attempts. Current bundle is due to expire on the 11th of October but I had to do another bundle on the 3rd of October to be sure it is renewed. As at now, no text or message has been received from mtn and when I send 2 to 131 nothing happens even though I am still browsing. So let this error be corrected. I want to know my data balance. The number is 08162146528.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Rexyl(m): 7:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
I want to know the specs of MTN android phones being sold at their various oulets
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by softy(m): 10:01am On Oct 11, 2014
@tayoccu, pls i want MTN to reset my datashare pin to 0000. Previously, I have called 180 severally, but no changes after school several attempts....
the nomba is 08141347720.

thanks

Pls notify me here if it has been changed.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Rexyl(m): 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
pls unsubscribe my number 08062855568 from the monthly Nimbuzz data plan. I just received the text message that my Nimbuzz data is expiring today and will be aotosubscribed from the regular data bundles. I don't even used the Nimbuzz tinz o. pls unsubscribe me and let me enjoy the normal subscription fully.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 5:40am On Oct 12, 2014
softy:
@tayoccu, pls i want MTN to reset my datashare pin to 0000. Previously, I have called 180 severally, but no changes after school several attempts....
the nomba is 08141347720.

thanks

Pls notify me here if it has been changed.
Hi softy, your record shows no data share history. Kindly register for data share service.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 5:45am On Oct 12, 2014
Amacaco:
For about a week now, I have found it extremely difficult to check my mtn night bundle data balance inspite of having made up to 30 attempts. Current bundle is due to expire on the 11th of October but I had to do another bundle on the 3rd of October to be sure it is renewed. As at now, no text or message has been received from mtn and when I send 2 to 131 nothing happens even though I am still browsing. So let this error be corrected. I want to know my data balance. The number is 08162146528.
Hi Amacaco, sorry for the inconvenience. To check your data balance, turn off your data services from your mobile network, send 2 to 131 and a response will be sent to you via text. Remember to turn ON your data services afterwards. You may also dial *131*4# to check your data balance.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 6:06am On Oct 12, 2014
Rexyl:
pls unsubscribe my number 08062855568 from the monthly Nimbuzz data plan. I just received the text message that my Nimbuzz data is expiring today and will be aotosubscribed from the regular data bundles. I don't even used the Nimbuzz tinz o. pls unsubscribe me and let me enjoy the normal subscription fully.
Hi Rexyl, kindly dial *662# and select the category for deactivation.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by catherineokezie(f): 7:39am On Oct 12, 2014
Plz MTN do charge me #20 on daily basis for a
service I never subscribe for .....the code that do
deduct d charges are 30046 and 5033.my number
is 08063091347 tanx
Hi catherineokezie, so sorry about this. Kindly
provide the content of the message received.
Regards.

This is d message I do receive:
You have been successfully renewed for Ratendate service.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by STORM2(f): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
Hi JideSm,
Yesterday I used share and sell to transfer 400naira credit. I unfortunately made a mistake and sent it to the wrong number (i.e to 08033853848 instead of mine which is 080XXXXX). I keep trying to call the number but its been switched off since yesterday. Can u help? The number used to transfer the credit is 080XXXXXX(the line the 400 naira was sent from) if its possible pls just send the money back to the original line 080XXXXXXX
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Rexyl(m): 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
hi, JideSM

is there a way to lock, track, and possibly to retrieve my stolen LG phone through any network esp the MTN if I provide the IMEI number of the phone?

May be this should be the next area of challenge for adaquate attention for phone manufacturers if the network providers have no solution.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by softy(m): 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
JideSM:
Hi softy, your record shows no data share history. Kindly register for data share service.

Thanks for ur response....I was thinking that share and sell is the same for data share. Pls check and reset my pin to 0000 on share and sell ( i.e. To transfer credit). I ve registered for this before.

thanks in anticipation

BUT after few minutes, I tried to register for data share by following *131*2# then press 1: this is the response from MTN
"Y'ello, you are already registered for Data Share & Gift Data! For forgotten PIN dial 180 to retrieve."

WHAT CAN I DO?

NOTE: dialling 180 is not an option for me because I ve tried them severally, just a waste of my precious time.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by stainless76(f): 12:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
Good aft sir/ma,,pls I just bought a tecno mini pad and I will like to know all ur monthly plans for browsing ,I hear mtn ve the one dat will give u 2.5kb for night and 1.5 kb for during d day and d cost is 2500 naira ...pls let me know more and also on d other ones so I can choose out of them all...thanks so much
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by outstandingjk(f): 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2014
stainless76:
Good aft sir/ma,,pls I just bought a tecno mini pad and I will like to know all ur monthly plans for browsing ,I hear mtn ve the one dat will give u 2.5kb for night and 1.5 kb for during d day and d cost is 2500 naira ...pls let me know more and also on d other ones so I can choose out of them all...thanks so much
I use d same pad, I browse with Glo, 1k monthly for 3GB

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.