Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? (29123 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? / How To Make Your Own Micro Sim Card! / New Nokia-lumia-800 To Use Micro-sim Like Ipad/iphone4? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
ok
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by englishmart(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
Seriously I don't know
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by kudoxs(m): 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
How old are you that you need the advice of people you don't know for this kinda easy decision. A Sense of Reasoning has been lost among nigerian youth.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Descartes: 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
No need cutting the sim, there are some sims that are made of the two combined together .ie hybrid sim cool
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by category(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
sidvinci: Am using Samsung galaxy s3 abd blackberry. My airtel and mtn sim are micro. Go to there office and cut ur sim. Don't do it manually. Micro sim is invoke now. Am using my micro sim on my bb
Sure you mean in vogue.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by amnestylaw1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
Babalegba: is it possible to have two sims. One micro and one mini for the same number.
Maybe it's possible in Nigeria, but in Slovakia, my carrier said no.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Truckpusher(m): 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
nybol: u can still use ur micro-sim in ur other fones. Even a nano sim can be used in a regular sim slot, just make sure the shiny panel on the sim touches the sim connector on d fone. I use d same nano sim on my ipad mini and my torchlight nokia
Micro SIM can be switched to any other phone though the problem of going blank still exist,but nano SIM is a 'no go area'......Imagine your Nokia torch going blank every now then in the middle of a serious talk.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by ims80s(m): 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
go to mtn office to swap ur sim to micro sim, u can s
till use it on normal sim slot

1 Like

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Truckpusher(m): 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
McStoic: Dear Nairalanders, how advisable is it converting your favourite, normal sized sim into a micro sim line? I just got a HTC One X (unlocked international version) which i intended using with my MTN line. Am now in a dilemma cos am afraid of cutting it to micro sim since i usually swap phones when network and low battery palaver arises. Should i go ahead and cut my MTN Sim or do it with another network and end up carrying multiple phones around? Also, which network is the best for an android user? Thanks in advance.

I can categorically tell you that micro SIM will always screw up things when you needed a phone badly especially for first time users.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by BetaTechnicians: 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Adapters are available so aint nothing wrong with them... Been using such for years.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by alotofgrace(m): 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
McStoic: Dear Nairalanders, how advisable is it converting your favourite, normal sized sim into a micro sim line? I just got a HTC One X (unlocked international version) which i intended using with my MTN line. Am now in a dilemma cos am afraid of cutting it to micro sim since i usually swap phones when network and low battery palaver arises. Should i go ahead and cut my MTN Sim or do it with another network and end up carrying multiple phones around? Also, which network is the best for an android user? Thanks in advance.

sync ur contact with ur gmail account from contact settings.

then sync ur messages on any Android suite.

then u r good to go with SIM SWAP
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by myspnigeria: 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
learnt immensely
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
plainmirror: So because u buy American version android phone, u wan tk style do advert 4 NL abi.
sad
Jealousy. grin
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nctrice(m): 12:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
My gf tried to cut her sim yesterday and ended up damaging it! I thought this thread would be educative but Up till this point on this thread no body has been able to give a step by step way of cutting ones sim without damaging it! But every one of them be bragging "I cut My sim since 1960 and am still using it till today!"
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by roufy235(m): 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
i was here
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
With etisalat multi device service, you don't need to worry. All you need to dao is to clone your sim and have two sim of same number.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
Truckpusher: I can categorically tell you that micro SIM will always screw up things when you needed a phone badly especially for first time users.
Thats not true. You can have two sims with same number and service. Thanks to Etisalat. Multi device
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nctrice: My gf tried to cut her sim yesterday and ended up damaging it! I thought this thread would be educative but Up till this point on this thread no body has been able to give a step by step way of cutting ones sim without damaging it! But every one of them be bragging "I cut My sim since 1960 and am still using it till today!"
You can always cut your sims for free at etisalat experience centers
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by ITbomb(m): 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Airtel do offer a two-in-one Sim wit a fitted micro sim on a mini sim body so that you can use both as occasion demands. Ask your MTN vendor if she has that one
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Truckpusher(m): 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
slimmy05: Thats not true. You can have two sims with same number and service. Thanks to Etisalat. Multi device
Gaddamit! I said first timers .
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Truckpusher: Gaddamit! I said first timers .
Not still justified. First time or no first time.. All you need to do is to clone the sim.. Etisalat have a service called the multi device plan that gives you that functionality.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
ITbomb: Airtel do offer a two-in-one Sim wit a fitted micro sim on a mini sim body so that you can use both as occasion demands. Ask your MTN vendor if she has that one
Nice idea
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Truckpusher(m): 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
slimmy05: Not still justified. First time or no first time.. All you need to do is to clone the sim.. Etisalat have a service called the multi device plan that gives you that functionality.
Thank you for the info,but it's not everyone that knows abt this .
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
Truckpusher: Thank you for the info,but it's not everyone that knows abt this .
At least now you know. smiley
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nctrice: My gf tried to cut her sim yesterday and ended up damaging it! I thought this thread would be educative but Up till this point on this thread no body has been able to give a step by step way of cutting ones sim without damaging it! But every one of them be bragging "I cut My sim since 1960 and am still using it till today!"

Buy a sim cutter or find those guys that can get it done for you. They will charge U 200 bucks or less.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Ajanii(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
sidvinci: Am using Samsung galaxy s3 abd blackberry. My airtel and mtn sim are micro. Go to there office and cut ur sim. Don't do it manually. Micro sim is invoke now. Am using my micro sim on my bb

Lol. Holy Spirit!

1 Like

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by cirmuell(m): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
you must be visually impaired, "MTN has a cutting machine in their office" has been mentioned more than thrice on this thread. If you can't cut it yourself, take it to ur SP office. undecided
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
JideTheBlogger:

Buy a sim cutter or find those guys that can get it done for you. They will charge U 200 bucks or less.
You dont need to buy. Walk into any experience center/shop and get your sim cut for you FOC.

1 Like

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by mrcarter(m): 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
My guy all you need is masking tape, just make sure you didn't throw away the other part of the sim when you cut it, when next you want to use it on another phone just fix it back to old remaining sim plastic then hold tight with the tape. Shikena
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by plainmirror(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
Victoriousvic:
Jealousy. grin
I am far bigger than that bruda
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Price, Specs Of Infinix Note 6 In Nigeria / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? / Tecno Camon C10 Specs And Price: What You Should Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.