Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf (16904 Views)

Eargo Hearing Enhancement Device: The Deaf Can Now Hear / Shocking: Beats By Dre Headphones Cost $14 To Make But Sellsfor $100-$700 / The Headphones That Costs $30,000... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
I listen to a lot of grunge, metal, gothic, punk...just name it and I care less. These researchers should devote their time to more meaningful research like anti aging and non toxic treatment for cancer.
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
I knew that already...
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by bionicdude(m): 8:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
am afraid.i've heard it several tyms but am an addict to headphones hopefully i can reduce the use.i use noise cancelling headphones hope am safe
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
"Beats by dre"
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by jabanz(m): 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
dat means am just a step behind being deaf
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by buchi4action(m): 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
Victoriousvic: Hmm. . .time to get rid of them
can i have them cheesy cheesy
undecided
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by churific(m): 9:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
Only f you live to 150 or if you turn your volume to 100%...even then, you'll have to live to at least 100. Given the life expectancy in Nigeria, we've got nothing to worry about.
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
I av my new headphones on, jst to read dis...?

Damn!!!

Anyway, I'm using it tomorrow on my journey. Dts all...
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Benite: 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
SEE WAHALA OOOH FG AND ASUU FAIL TO AGREE AGIAN OOOH. Somebody should post it here check vanguard
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by FulaniBOII(m): 9:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
That means DJ Khaled, Tiesto, Guetta and Skrillex should be deaf by now.
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Harrybanty(m): 9:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
it is only at this site i see abuses on every thread. Na wa oh
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by soma042(m): 9:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
Jibsonified: Not only gradually turning u deaf IT CAN INSTANTLY SNUFF UR LIFE OUT When u use it on the road
. Omo no kills with ur exaggerate conclusion undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by onome442(m): 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
am a victim , especially guys beware
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by horlabiyi(m): 9:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
K
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by nanotechy: 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
Almubaraq Sadara: [color=#006600][/color]
This is not well researched.....! Tell us how exertly this cam affect us with scientific explanation?
loud music above permissible limits for long hours, gradually kills your ear nerve cells. Guess what, these cells DO NOT regenerate! Happy now mr. Thomas?
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by UjSizzle(f): 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
Oh so that's what that ringing sound i get is all about sad and to think i hardly use my headphones. All these useless speakers mounted by the road side in this state has to go, before some of us will eventually go deaf.
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by soma042(m): 9:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:

By God's grace,you must hammer. Boys are not smiling. grin
lol boixx an't smilling lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
onome442: am a victim , especially guys beware

why especially guys?
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by babslamin: 10:12pm On Aug 01, 2013

Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
I love music and ma books*
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Ikbobby(m): 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
Still Gat My Headphone On... Bout to Get turnt up in this Bitch!.. No sh*t
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by emmyw(m): 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
No way
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Aedesmuskeeto: 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
realone2012: Tell me I'm the '2nd Person' to comment!!!
Gosh!
a SUCKER is indeed born every minute..
Heads-up bro. i mean literally,
HEADS-UP..
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by AZeD1(m): 11:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
Reading this with earphones on.
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by joe4christ(m): 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
I dont believe this crap, i've been on this habit from my mother's womb, and yet my eardrums are intact.
Bad things happen to u when u believe in them..
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by xleebaba: 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
Does headset equalizer setting have any adverse effect on hearing ...cos I luv mine to be on bass[color=#000099]...for me no music no gym
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Watermelon(m): 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
joe4christ: I dont believe this crap, i've been on this habit from my mother's womb, and yet my eardrums are intact.
Bad things happen to u when u believe in them..
It does not affect your ear drums, it affects the nerves and the process of nerve deafness from exposure to loud sounds or use of ear phones could take years or even decades. I dare many Nigerians to go for hearing test, you will be suprised that many have lost some decibels of hearing. At the initial stages with few decibels lost, it may not be noticeable.

1 Like

Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Psalmpy(m): 12:25am On Aug 02, 2013
Notorious Armed Robber Nabbed By Police
He is not an ordinary armed robber; he and his gang have been accused of killing several policemen and civilians in the south west for over a decade.

His gang members call him ‘Godogodo’ meaning ‘a hefty man’ but the police say he is a notorious armed robber who has visited
click the link below
http://abangaonline..com/2013/08/notorious-armed-robber-nabbed-by-police.html
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by damola1: 1:24am On Aug 02, 2013
Care less. Been an absolute music freak. One of the pleasures around. Sorry researchers. Love my music

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Open Gtbank Verified Paypal Account In Nigeria For Free / Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? / 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.