Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. (12408 Views)

My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error / Do Cars Malfunction After Having Sex In Them? / Toyota Malfunction Indicator Lamp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by ourdele: 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
I just got a camry 98 model for my wife after I did the autocheck and saw the car has a clean title. On getting d car home, I called my. Mechanic to help service the car and to our surprise, the transmission oil was completely empty.I immediately refilled.it but the code refuse to clear.pls advise me on how to resolve this as I do not want my mechanic to start manipulating the car.
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
ourdele: I just got a camry 98 model for my wife after I did the autocheck and saw the car has a clean title. On getting d car home, I called my. Mechanic to help service the car and to our surprise, the transmission oil was completely empty.I immediately refilled.it but the code refuse to clear.pls advise me on how to resolve this as I do not want my mechanic to start fingering the car.

code need to be cleared by an ODBII scan machine
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by ourdele: 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
We cleared the code with the scanning but it came back almost immediately...
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
ourdele: We cleared the code with the scanning but it came back almost immediately...

change the solenoid and also double check the wires
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by ourdele: 5:24am On Aug 01, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

change the solenoid and also double check the wires

Thanks. Pls where is the solenoid located in the car? Can the changing be DIY? Where can I get to buy a new solenoid and do you have an idea of how much? I am in Lagos? Mechanic recommendation will also be appreciated
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by earthrealm(m): 10:41am On Aug 01, 2013
something isnt right...if the transmission oil is completely gone...how were u able to drive the car home?...
am suspecting sabotage somewhere...........its not possible that a car wud move with zero gear fluid!
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by ourdele: 11:44am On Aug 01, 2013
earthrealm: something isnt right...if the transmission oil is completely gone...how were u able to drive the car home?...
am suspecting sabotage somewhere...........its not possible that a car wud move with zero gear fluid!

My bro it also strange to me. Though the driving was abit rough but I was consoled that the car has been parked for long and hence the reason for the sluggishness.
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by cardoctor(m): 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
ourdele:

Thanks. Pls where is the solenoid located in the car? Can the changing be DIY? Where can I get to buy a new solenoid and do you have an idea of how much? I am in Lagos? Mechanic recommendation will also be appreciated

Solenoid E is located on the valve block of the transmission valve body which is inside the gearbox. It can be accessed from the bottom after removing the transmission sump. There's a series of similar solenoids attached but you would require a gearbox expert to ascertain which is the E among them. These solenoids are responsible for the shifting of the gears and like every electromechanical device , they can be prone to getting stuck or lose their electrical functions. I would advice that you assign this job to a qualified gearbox expert and have him service the solenoids or have them changed. That should cure your problem.

With regards to the oil shortage, check underneath for any leakages after warming up the engine. Do this while the engine is still running. Its unusual for an autogearbox to lose oil without a leak.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by ourdele: 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
Thanks , pls can u recommend an expert gearbox mechanic in Lagos who can fix this problem.
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by nissparts(m): 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
Call me on 08022228273

That code almost always signifies a transmission replacement requirement

http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/6yyi0-toyota-camry-toyota-camry-1996-code-p0773-replaced-solenoids.html
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by donbuchi1(m): 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2013
nissparts: Call me on 08022228273

That code almost always signifies a transmission replacement requirement

http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/6yyi0-toyota-camry-toyota-camry-1996-code-p0773-replaced-solenoids.html

I have similar solenoid problem but on corolla. Ur explanation is on point. Gonna call you
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by Stylz69(m): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
@Don Buchi, what is the error code for your toyota gearbox issue?
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by donbuchi1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
Stylz69: @Don Buchi, what is the error code for your toyota gearbox issue?

P0741 - Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Performance.

Your assistance is appreciated. Someone cleared it and it can back.
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by DanEmakoji(m): 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
I have the same shift solenoid electrical problem on my Honda Accord baby boy 2000 model. This happened after some wires got burnt and electrian fixed them but D4 light keeps blinking. Scan was run on it and it indicates shift solenoid electrical. What do I do? My electrician is somehow confused. I am in Abuja.
Re: Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. by dawahlarry: 6:55am On Jun 04, 2021
Hello house, please I'm also having shift solenoids problem with my car. Kindly suggest solutions to this. Here are the error codes;

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Kia
VIN: KNAFE121975378934

============1==============
P0700
Raw code: 0700
ECU: Engine control unit
OBDII: Transmission control system, MIL request - circuit malfunction

============2==============
P0755
Raw code: 0755
ECU: Transmission control unit
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) B - circuit malfunction

============3==============
P0760
Raw code: 0760
ECU: Transmission control unit
Status: Pending fault present, Pending fault present during this driving cycle, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request, Validated fault has been present during this drive cycle
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) C - circuit malfunction

(1) (Reply)

Acura Cars, Are They Reliable? / Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? / BMW Recalls 7-series Cars Because Doors Can Fly Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.