Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,963 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only (7784 Views)

Please How Can I Jailbreak My Ps3 / Gateway 3ds Card Hacked Nintendo 3DS Roms - 3DS Jailbreak Is Coming / Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by stanlee303(m): 11:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
Please I need help should I jailbreak my ps3 because I'm not on psn my playstations lens is broken for the sixth time games are to expensive and as I speak now I am downloading the jailbreak software to the USB flash of mine (32GB) I won't install it until I get advice from gamelords on this forum
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by jjk24(m): 5:40am On Aug 02, 2013
stanlee303: Please I need help should I jailbreak my ps3 because I'm not on psn my playstations lens is broken for the sixth time games are to expensive and as I speak now I am downloading the jailbreak software to the USB flash of mine (32GB) I won't install it until I get advice from gamelords on this forum
u jst bin arrogant wit dah yur title sO ppl whO nt game lords or sO caant advice u on d matter?!! Daht said am nt a gamelord Or enifin buh still gonna try n sai sumfin its nt advisable 4 u 2 jaailbreak yur ps3 yur sef I wnt recommend it n dis all depends on yur firmware 3.55 dwnwards its kidda easy 2 jailbreak I tink oda Ones seems a little complicated so if u gonna jailbreak dis I will saii u shuld giv it 2 sum1 whO nOs wah dey r doin incase enifin goes wrng d fault wnt b On u buh if u knw waht u r dOin den gO ahead .... Jailbreaking yur ps3 shuld solve all dah probs u stated peace ! Out! #laa
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
@jjk24
First of all, I don't think he's being arrogant, he just doesn't want misleading information from people who don't know what they're talking about.
Second, write like an adult. You're supposed to be trying to help, not typing encrypted code.

@stanlee303
In my opinion, jailbreaking is always a good idea unless you plan to play online. The issue now is whether jailbreaking is a viable option for you. What firmware are you on currently (you can check that in system information or settings or something. Shouldn't be too hard to find)? And what firmware did your console come with? Is it a slim or one of the bigger, older models?

1 Like

Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by stanlee303(m): 12:15am On Aug 03, 2013
Thank you noctis this is not the first time you've given me advice and I trust it I have also met you on other forums and you give Remarkable adive my system Version is 4.46 and its a ps3 FAT
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by leunamme93(m): 9:56am On Aug 03, 2013
@Noctis got a super slim though its slightly new. Its cech 4xxx nd firmware 4.xx If i jailbreak would i still the cd games?
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
@stanlee303
There's hope for your console, but there's hardware tinkering involved. Can't help you as I'm currently serving my country in enugu, but if you're in lagos you can probably take it to oshodi or something. Unless you think can do it yourself in which case you'll need an E3 flasher. Its used to reset your console to the factory firmware version since you can't jailbreak any console over OFW 3.55. I'm sure I've seen a thread before with someone advertising E3 flashers on this site so search a bit and you'll be fine.

@leunamme93
As far as I know, there's no way to jailbreak the new consoles. You'll have to rely on trading used games or you can sell your console and buy a used, already jailbroken console. Good luck dude.
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by stanlee303(m): 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2013
So do I really need an an e3 flasher the jailbreak for 4.46 is out you need no Flasher (I think)
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 10:45am On Aug 04, 2013
You're confusing 4.46 CFW with 4.46 jailbreak. To upgrade to 4.46 CFW, you either have to be on an earlier version of CFW or on 3.55 or lower OFW. CFW means Custom Firmware, as in a hacked version of the OFW (original firmware). There is currently no way to jailbreak any console on OFW 3.55 or higher. I'd explain further but I'm tied up currently. Read the info on the site carefully and you'll find what you need. Bottomline though is yes, you still need an E3 flasher.
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by leunamme93(m): 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
@noctis what do you think? http://Ps3jail.com
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
I dunno dude, I don't know this site, and I've never trusted any site that makes you take a survey before you can download files. Maybe try ps3hacks.com, ps3hax.net or ps3iso.com (the download and forum sections).
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by bigiyaro(m): 11:43am On Aug 05, 2013
I think the OP is just asking if he should jailbreak his console or not. A professional should give the pros and cons of jail break.
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 9:29am On Aug 06, 2013
bigiyaro: I think the OP is just asking if he should jailbreak his console or not. A professional should give the pros and cons of jail break.
A professional already did, only con is no online gaming, and I guess maybe you can brick your console if you don't know what you're doing.
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by stanlee303(m): 10:22am On Aug 06, 2013
Don't trust sites that allow Survey
They. Lie and cheat (some do) there's a certain Website that I joined before you can download Anything Via PS3 when I joined they asked me for my Email I put it they then said we sent a confirmation code to you when I went to my Email they were saying Password incorrect" when I tried forgot password they then told me to input the last 4 digits of my Number : 9363 I put it but they then redirected me to input it agn but they showed the website Name and they said I should input the Number this. Is why I don't try sites with surverys
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
Check the sites I suggested anyway. I spoke to a friend and he says there is indeed a jailbreak for all versions of OFW and CFW. I cant do the research now cos I'm on my mobile but it shouldn't be too hard to find especially on those sites.
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by stanlee303(m): 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
Thanks. For the Advice do you have a jailbroken ps3
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 10:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
Yup.
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by stanlee303(m): 12:49am On Aug 07, 2013
What games do you have and where do you download from
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 8:23am On Aug 07, 2013
I've had a ton of games over the years, I don't even remember which ones I have now. Assassin's creed 3 and Assassin's Creed Revelations, God of War Ascension, Metal Gear Rising, Killzone 3, PES 13 and FIFA 13...I know I have a few others on my external HD. I always download my games from torrent sites but you need a good internet connection with decent speeds and download limits. Unfortunately magic sim no longer works.
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by stanlee303(m): 8:49am On Aug 08, 2013
There are Many Torrent sites which I know Like Ubuntu, Isohunt, torrentz.eu, and etc Download Speed and internet connection is not a problem My internet Connection which Is (IPNX) can do the job wink
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2013
I guess you're all set then. Good luck.
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by stanlee303(m): 12:15am On Aug 10, 2013
Do you have to hack your ps3 to play soft copies
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2013
By softcopy do you mean backups? If you do then the answer is yes, you need to jailbreak your console to download games to your harddrive. Unless you want to open a Playstation Network account and PAY for the games you download.
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by stanlee303(m): 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2013
They Make you pay for practically anything... I hate PSN if only it was like xbox live
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by stanlee303(m): 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
Jailbreak all the way
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Uclloyd28(m): 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
@Stanlee303....I have been downloading cfw 4.46 files, buh all of them are rar passworded...can I give u my email address, so u send the one u have to my box...I'll appreciate it
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Uclloyd28(m): 10:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
@Noctis....am based in Enugu....how can I get dem games u mentioned?
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
I'm only serving here, my ps3 and all my games are in lagos. You'll have to download.
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Uclloyd28(m): 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
Noctis: I'm only serving here, my ps3 and all my games are in lagos. You'll have to download.

Please give me a link, so I can download...I don't have the slightest idea, ones I google end up telling tales!
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2013
Download and install bittorrent (2mb maybe). Then go to kat.ph and search for the ps3 game you want or click "browse" and scroll down for games - ps3 section then find a game you want. Click on download torrent that's pretty much it. Remember, the more seeds a torrent has, the faster it'll download.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by stanlee303(m): 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
@noctis my guy is it directly or via flash drive
Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Uclloyd28(m): 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
stanlee303: @noctis my guy is it directly or via flash drive

someone is helping u and giving u the info u need, yet u keep ignoring my own request....smh! Nigerians eh!

1 Like

Re: Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only by Noctis(m): 11:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is A Gameboy Advance / Bet9ja Bonus Rollover Issue / Iphone 4 Has Better Graphics Than The Psp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.