Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! (1224 Views)

Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? / Bishop Oyedepo Honors Wife, Says She Hasn't Stressed Him In 32 Years / Hasn't The Gospel Reached Everyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by ehixking(m): 5:39pm On Aug 02, 2013
Even before the coming of Jesus christ and the prophet mohammed men have been anticipating the end of the world,am a christian and belives in Jesus christ though all his prophesy about the world coming to an end has all come to past...and its been happening and getting terrible by the day.War,nations against nations and fathers against children,gay marriages and amazing injustice and malpractices...so why hasn't the world come to an end since
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by PastorOluT(m): 7:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
ehixking: Even before the coming of Jesus christ and the prophet mohammed men have been anticipating the end of the world,am a christian and belives in Jesus christ though all his prophesy about the world coming to an end has all come to past...and its been happening and getting terrible by the day.War,nations against nations and fathers against children,gay marriages and amazing injustice and malpractices...so why hasn't the world come to an end since

Simple for the lost souls to repent, like logicboy n co. Since u said u are a xtian n believe in Jesus Christ, i will not bother quoting scriptures but give reference to study. Study the whole 2Peter 3.

Stay blessed n remain rapturable

2 Likes

Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by sunkoye: 9:17pm On Aug 02, 2013
The time is not right. Things are still pretty in shape as it is. Things needs to get pretty worse and alarming to jump start the end. Just like the dayz of Noah. U can go ahead to research the specifics that made the days of noah peculiar and standard for the end of world to come !Regards

1 Like

Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by ehixking(m): 8:02am On Aug 03, 2013
sunkoye: The time is not right. Things are still pretty in shape as it is. Things needs to get pretty worse and alarming to jump start the end. Just like the dayz of Noah. U can go ahead to research the specifics that made the days of noah peculiar and standard for the end of world to come !Regards

But all the prophecies has all come to past ......that's my only concern
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by advocate666: 10:17am On Aug 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Simple for the lost souls to repent, like logicboy n co. Since u said u are a xtian n believe in Jesus Christ, i will not bother quoting scriptures but give reference to study. Study the whole 2Peter 3.

Stay blessed n remain rapturable

If your foolish god is waiting for logicboy and co before he can act, then the world is not ending anytime soon.

3 Likes

Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 03, 2013
ehixking: Even before the coming of Jesus christ and the prophet mohammed men have been anticipating the end of the world,am a christian and belives in Jesus christ though all his prophesy about the world coming to an end has all come to past...and its been happening and getting terrible by the day.War,nations against nations and fathers against children,gay marriages and amazing injustice and malpractices...so why hasn't the world come to an end since
cuz what the lord would use to end it has only been distributed into the hands of all major countries. let the weak say i am strong. convert your plowshare into swords. i have created the blacksmith that maketh an instrument for destruction. i have created the man that maketh the waster. NUKES. study to show yourself approved wink
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by sunkoye: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2013
ehixking:

But all the prophecies has all come to past ......that's my only concern

humm...ehixking, the end is in the making. Now it shows most the prophesy has taking place...bt everytin need to happen on a large scale.pls meditate on my questions below!- Hw many pple leave christianity in a day? Do pple still go to church freely? Do we have one government now?, has human genetic code being altered on a large scale? Has human accepted the extra-terresstial as their god? Has the seed of the mighty powers of the unseen world been born? Has there been great anguish than anytime since the world began? Has the sacrilegious object dat causes abomination standing in the holy place happened? All these must happen to push God to shake the powers in the heavens. Infact unless the time of calamity is shortened, nt a single person will survive. Bt it will be shortened becos of the elect! God bless u.
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by mantraa: 11:41am On Aug 03, 2013
Actually, the world is getting better, there is less wars in the world then ever, no major nations are at war with each other, people are living longer because of the advance of science and understanding about germs and diseases. It is religions that is holding back progress. In countries with the most religion you will find the most intolerance, death rates, violence etc. In modern countries with the most atheists you will find the most peace and unity. Google it if you don't believe me.

Just think about the quality of life and how many major nations were at war fifty years ago compared to now (google it), then compare that to 100 years ago when the whole of Europe was at war. Then compare that to 200 years ago when we were in the horrific Middle Ages and Africans were being exported like cattle to work as slaves. Now compare that to 500 years ago when Mayans were cutting out the hearts of living sacrifices and Africa was full of thousands of different tribes mostly at war with each other. If you go back further it gets worse with the brutal Roman Empire, Greek empire, and biblical Old Testament accounts of mass racial genocide, infanticide, rape and slaughter. Back then, they had to build massive walls around cities and fortresses just to try to keep safe! Can you Imagine if you were living in Jericho when god's favourite people surrounded it with the divine intention of killing every man, woman, child, and baby inside the city with swords and cutlasses?
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by Heatblast(m): 11:55am On Aug 03, 2013
^^^
The most reasonable post here

Answer this simple question: why is the human population skyrockecting if the world is getting worse?

It amazes me to think that grown men(like every one on this thread) believe that someday, a white man in a white gown would appear in the sky and scoop them to paradise. Smh
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by Heatblast(m): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2013
Some are planning how they'll build colonies on mars/the moon and here is my fellow african who is still waiting for his Jewish master embarassed
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by sunkoye: 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
Ehixking, the Lord shall keep u. He will sure perfect His will on you! Make the word of God ur standard in all you steps.beware of wordly wisdom.it is real though bt it mask the unseen that matters the most. God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by noblefada: 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2013
mantraa: Actually, the world is getting better, there is less wars in the world then ever, no major nations are at war with each other, people are living longer because of the advance of science and understanding about germs and diseases. It is religions that is holding back progress. In countries with the most religion you will find the most intolerance, death rates, violence etc. In modern countries with the most atheists you will find the most peace and unity. Google it if you don't believe me.

Just think about the quality of life and how many major nations were at war fifty years ago compared to now (google it), then compare that to 100 years ago when the whole of Europe was at war. Then compare that to 200 years ago when we were in the horrific Middle Ages and Africans were being exported like cattle to work as slaves. Now compare that to 500 years ago when Mayans were cutting out the hearts of living sacrifices and Africa was full of thousands of different tribes mostly at war with each other. If you go back further it gets worse with the brutal Roman Empire, Greek empire, and biblical Old Testament accounts of mass racial genocide, infanticide, rape and slaughter. Back then, they had to build massive walls around cities and fortresses just to try to keep safe! Can you Imagine if you were living in Jericho when god's favourite people surrounded it with the divine intention of killing every man, woman, child, and baby inside the city with swords and cutlasses?
You're so wrong, the world is not getting better, actually the earth is dying. The mistake you and many make is that they think violence is the sign for the end. No the number one sign is man disregard to God and concentrate more on himself. 15 year ago u there not talk abt gays now the UN has a gay ambassador, know u seen atheism and other false religion proliferate at high rates, 11 & 12 yrs waking up deciding they're gay and either get gay partners or have a sex change. As per physical, hmm a lot of disasters, just this week in US, one region is experience heat way while another flooding! I can go on n on, but no the earth is getting better, dnt be deceived.
Thoughts: for those who guy our bible well, its astonishing our end time prophecies are being fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by PastorOluT(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2013
advocate666:

If your foolish god is waiting for logicboy and co before he can act, then the world is not ending anytime soon.

Compare to ur powerless god that needs dna n all before he can be potent. On a serious note, my God specializes in getting even the mostly unlikely saved. Saul of Tarsus is a witness, just watch n see.
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by mantraa: 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
You're so wrong, the world is not getting better, actually the earth is dying. The mistake you and many make is that they think violence is the sign for the end. No the number one sign is man disregard to God and concentrate more on himself. 15 year ago u there not talk abt gays now the UN has a gay ambassador, know u seen atheism and other false religion proliferate at high rates, 11 & 12 yrs waking up deciding they're gay and either get gay partners or have a sex change. As per physical, hmm a lot of disasters, just this week in US, one region is experience heat way while another flooding! I can go on n on, but no the earth is getting better, dnt be deceived.
Thoughts: for those who guy our bible well, its astonishing our end time prophecies are being fulfilled.

There really is no need to be so pessimistic about the future. I find it telling how atheists seem to be more optimistic about the future than the religious.
This planet like a paradise in the harsh, cold darkness of space. It's up to us to live together in harmony and make it into the heaven you so much desire.
As for gays, they have been around since recorded history, and it's biological just like some men are born with female organs and females with male organs. Some are born with opposite characteristics as well. DNA coding (gods design) is not perfect which is why you get conjoined twins and other physical and mental deformities. We are just beginning to understand how DNA works now which is why we are becoming more tolerant of people who are different to the majority.
You mentioned natural disasters like its a new thing or they are getting worse. Again you are wrong, natural disasters have been happening throughout all of recorded history and pre history. There have been ice ages, floods, tornados, hurricanes, meteorite strikes, volcano eruptions, earthquakes happening for millions of years. This is a dynamic planet made up of a thin moving crust on top of molten rock, with an even thinner atmosphere spinning at 1000mph on its axis, orbiting a star at 10000mph. Natural disasters will always happen. At least now we can understand what causes them and through science, predict and protect ourselves from them.
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by advocate666: 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Compare to ur powerless god that needs dna n all before he can be potent. On a serious note, my God specializes in getting even the mostly unlikely saved. Saul of Tarsus is a witness, just watch n see.

My master is not careless. Precision is the key to efficiency. Your god however, is waiting for the repentance of logicboy in order to destroy the world. grin Do you know how much power that gives logicboy?
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by PastorOluT(m): 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
advocate666:

My master is not careless. Precision is the key to efficiency. Your god however, is waiting for the repentance of logicboy in order to destroy the world. grin Do you know how much power that gives logicboy?

I said the most unlikely, I only mentioned logicboy n co 'cos I will want them saved. IT IS THOSE U NEVER THINK OF THAT WILL END UP SAVED EVEN U

1 Like

Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by noblefada: 11:17pm On Aug 03, 2013
mantraa:

There really is no need to be so pessimistic about the future. I find it telling how atheists seem to be more optimistic about the future than the religious.
This planet like a paradise in the harsh, cold darkness of space. It's up to us to live together in harmony and make it into the heaven you so much desire.
As for gays, they have been around since recorded history, and it's biological just like some men are born with female organs and females with male organs. Some are born with opposite characteristics as well. DNA coding (gods design) is not perfect which is why you get conjoined twins and other physical and mental deformities. We are just beginning to understand how DNA works now which is why we are becoming more tolerant of people who are different to the majority.
You mentioned natural disasters like its a new thing or they are getting worse. Again you are wrong, natural disasters have been happening throughout all of recorded history and pre history. There have been ice ages, floods, tornados, hurricanes, meteorite strikes, volcano eruptions, earthquakes happening for millions of years. This is a dynamic planet made up of a thin moving crust on top of molten rock, with an even thinner atmosphere spinning at 1000mph on its axis, orbiting a star at 10000mph. Natural disasters will always happen. At least now we can understand what causes them and through science, predict and protect ourselves from them.
Sorry to burst ur bubble dear, dats just the simple truth, science is just trying to catch with what was reveal thousands of years ago (I suggest u read a little about the bible codes), u see the earth started decaying after the fall of man and it getting worse overtime, but they will lie and try to explain it to cover it up. So wait n see tins r nt getting any better but will just get worse. Its an already designed plan just playing out.
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by mantraa: 12:20am On Aug 04, 2013
I have read about the bible codes and they are all just fictional codes taken from a fictional book. There is absolutely no truth to any of it. We are the creators of our own destiny and the sooner we all realise that the better. Instead of wallowing in a self inflicted pessimistic quagmire based on the predictions of ancient texts forced on us by European slave masters, you should be trying to help build a better future for yourself and your children.
I know it's hard to free yourself from years of religious indoctrination, but it can be done. It takes some people years of thinking critically about religions before they realise that it's all man made.
Think about it. The bible was first thought up thousands of years ago by brutal, ignorant, racist, sexist, Bronze Age, tribal, desert dwelling goat herders. It's been translated by word of mouth and rewritten hundreds of times down the ages. It's like a fairy story, none of it is true. Just like all the other religions in the world that people follow.

Respects
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by sunkoye: 12:40am On Aug 04, 2013
mantraa: I have read about the bible codes and they are all just fictional codes taken from a fictional book. There is absolutely no truth to any of it. We are the creators of our own destiny and the sooner we all realise that the better. Instead of wallowing in a self inflicted pessimistic quagmire based on the predictions of ancient texts forced on us by European slave masters, you should be trying to help build a better future for yourself and your children.
I know it's hard to free yourself from years of religious indoctrination, but it can be done. It takes some people years of thinking critically about religions before they realise that it's all man made.
Think about it. The bible was first thought up thousands of years ago by brutal, ignorant, racist, sexist, Bronze Age, tribal, desert dwelling goat herders. It's been translated by word of mouth and rewritten hundreds of times down the ages. It's like a fairy story, none of it is true. Just like all the other religions in the world that people follow.

Respects
hey...is that your personal opinion or u have an observational evidence to support ur claims? Regards
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:19am On Aug 04, 2013
d world is yet to av come to an end because GOD is yet to bring it to an end
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by noblefada: 11:29am On Aug 04, 2013
mantraa: I have read about the bible codes and they are all just fictional codes taken from a fictional book. There is absolutely no truth to any of it. We are the creators of our own destiny and the sooner we all realise that the better. Instead of wallowing in a self inflicted pessimistic quagmire based on the predictions of ancient texts forced on us by European slave masters, you should be trying to help build a better future for yourself and your children.

Respects
hmm fiction right, when I ask u to read the bible codes I didn't want u to believe them but just to read see its already plan, pls read beyond wikipaedia their Info is old. just observe the pattern repeat over yrs.
You said ur destiny is in our hands, but look at the west who followed ur notion awiles back, if ur a Nigerian u'll glad of the value system we still have. He scares me to death to scares me to death to raise my children in such an environment, I believe u understand what I'm saying. The bible is as real as the air u breath, ur not believing it doesn't change anything.
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by mantraa: 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJK9HPrAOLc

As you can see from the video above, this is an example of someone using the bible codes to 'predict' president Obama's second term in office.
Ask yourself why is the prediction always found after the event? And notice how much mental gymnastics he has to go through to to come to his desired outcome.
People have been doing this for centuries and it can be done with any fictional book. For example, have you heard of the Quran code? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran_code

I would be more impressed if you could show me a few bible code predictions for this month, August 2013, things like natural disasters, assassinations, political upheavals, financial crashes, or anything else you can find. Good luck!
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by Areaboy2(m): 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

come on son undecided

lets just hope that was a joke. Else if you believe that you're god will change Logicboy, then you can believe anything. Oh wait, you actually believe anything already. You're a christian tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by manmustwac(m): 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
@post
Your looking at what primitive man saud over 2000 years ago & with that primitive knowledge your wondering why now in the age of science & technology why thhe world has not come to an end. Dude you seriously need to upgrade your thinking
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by noblefada: 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
@matraa tanx for ur reply, I encourage u to read more abt the bible codes and see how many predictions have bin confirmed, u mit try http://www.torahcode.us and go thru the write-up on the making the documentary.
Now to ur question why is it always after the event has taking place? simply because then u can have required factors to search and also there will confirmation because the phenomenon is new. Now for ur request about using the code to predict the future, first I'm not a Jew so dats kind of disqualify me from using it. But what I can tell u is this even the Jews doing it now will maintain that it cannot predict the future, but from what I know about God, He has always reveal is mystery to some people that will not want them to come to the public. I'm sure that there are a few Jews who are vast with this knowledge and are using them and have passed it from generation to generation and will never come public. God has always operated like this dats why even among xtians, its only those who genuinely and are eager to learn have some outstanding revelations of God's word.
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by sunkoye: 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
Area_boy:

come on son undecided

lets just hope that was a joke. Else if you believe that you're god will change Logicboy, then you can believe anything. Oh wait, you actually believe anything already. You're a christian tongue
apostle paul was worse than him! When time comes for him to know Jesus....u will be in awe how God will use him for His glory. Yea...seriously!
Re: Why Hasn't The World Come To An End!!!!! by lekkie073(m): 12:37am On Sep 08, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Testimony/thanks Giving,share your experience / Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him / Were People In The Old Testament Really That Old?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.