Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Picture On Business Card Or Not? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Picture On Business Card Or Not? (1554 Views)

Free Logo/ Business Card Designs For 10 Brands. [THREAD CLOSED!!!] / Nairaland Portfolio for Business Card Designers / Please Rate My Recent Business Card Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture On Business Card Or Not? by egift(m): 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
For some of us who have reputation and image bigger than our actual person, it is very difficult for me to conclude on what nature of branding to go with.

I manage some number of projects, initiated some of them and recently became a CEO of my own company - I want to develop a good business card.

Here are some some of the things I have already concluded for my card:
- Thick card with graphic design
- Printing on both side (front and back)
- Digital separation (with gloss or laminated)

But major challenge now is "should I add my picture on it?". Is it wrong to add photo to business/complementary card? (That way people don't ask me who is my Oga - the CEO on the card).

I have attached sample below. What do you think?

Re: Picture On Business Card Or Not? by Qtsnow(m): 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
im a graphix designer and a printer and of all the business complimentary cards i have done for clients, its unofficial to put your picture on ur business card, all you need is a good representation on the card with your name, post, detail of job, address, email and phone number, not even your bbm pin
Re: Picture On Business Card Or Not? by egift(m): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
Qtsnow: im a graphix designer and a printer and of all the business complimentary cards i have done for clients, its unofficial to put your picture on ur business card, all you need is a good representation on the card with your name, post, detail of job, address, email and phone number, not even your bbm pin

Thanks Snow for that. Noted.
Re: Picture On Business Card Or Not? by lightheart(m): 9:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
Instance:

Let's say AY the comedian gives me two different business card of his.
Business card A has just his name and other details (no pic)
Business card B has his name, pic(creatively manipulated digitally a bit) and other details.

Its safe to say business card B would make a more powerful impact than business card A.

To me, there are really no boundaries to creativity. Standards may exist but they are not limiting. The onus is on what works better. Simples.

#my2naira

1 Like

Re: Picture On Business Card Or Not? by egift(m): 12:17am On Aug 03, 2013
lightheart: Instance:

Let's say AY the comedian gives me two different business card of his.
Business card A has just his name and other details (no pic)
Business card B has his name, pic(creatively manipulated digitally a bit) and other details.

Its safe to say business card B would make a more powerful impact than business card B.

To me, there are really no boundaries to creativity. Standards may exist but they are not limiting. The onus is on what works better. Simples.

#my2naira

To say the truth I have always lean towards having picture. Reason is that I hope to help cement my popularity.(#celebrity tins).
Re: Picture On Business Card Or Not? by VillageBoi(m): 1:34am On Aug 03, 2013
lightheart: Instance:
Its safe to say business card B would make a more powerful impact than business card B.

That makes zero sense if you read it again; but I know it was a typo. Care to correct it so we know what you meant? Thanks.
Re: Picture On Business Card Or Not? by VillageBoi(m): 1:46am On Aug 03, 2013
Having 'your' picture on a business card is not wrong but it can be pretty crass though. Personally I would avoid it and go for a simple but classy design - without clutter.
Re: Picture On Business Card Or Not? by lightheart(m): 2:08am On Aug 03, 2013
VillageBoi:

That makes zero sense if you read it again; but I know it was a typo. Care to correct it so we know what you meant? Thanks.

Done, sir. Thanks. Like say if you help me correct am, world go end. cheesy

VillageBoi:
Having 'your' picture on a business card is not wrong but it can be pretty crass though. Personally I would avoid it and go for a simple but classy design - without clutter.

One with a picture can still be made clutter-less and elegant.

egift:

To say the truth I have always lean towards having picture. Reason is that I hope to help cement my popularity.(#celebrity tins).

Exactly! Reason why I used AY as an instance...celebrity tins. If you don't mind, we could work on your business card. For printing, direct imaging is your best shot.

#my2naira

(1) (Reply)

Free Logo Design For 15 Nairalanders From ACE Graphics / I Want To Learn Web Design And Graphic Design In Abuja / Services Of A Professional Airbrush Artist Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.