Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This (1394 Views)

Oneplus X Price In India - Full Specification, Features, Images / Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 / Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This by stevebent(m): 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hello, all tech enthusiasts. Days upon days, months upon months, we have waited for the Moto X- the most speculated smartphone yet only to be dissappointed by its price. We thought Google was a friend of the Mass, but alas, they are not. [update] Reports reaching me now says a cheap version of the moto x is coming soon..but is that what we want? I thought Google was producing high end smartphones for cheap prices directed at the low income earners. It seems Google has joined the iPhone class.
Anyways, the deed has been done. It is now left for us to make our choices..here, I have compiled Top alternatives to the Moto X.
1. Google Nexus 4: Maybe Google shouldn't have spoilt us with this device. A high end phone with a cheap price. This phone competes with the likes of HTC One, S4, and iPhone. In fact, it was ranked 4th by Techradar's world best smartphones. At only $299, you're not making a wrong choice and you're never gonna be left out of future updates..to the brother that wants to buy the xperia Zr, I suggest you consider this phone or the Xperia SP.
2. Xperia SP: The Mid-range contender, the only smartphone competing with the Nexus 4(nexus 4 is not a midrange device, it is just a cheap offerring from Google). At only $380, I'd surely go for the Nexus 4..
3. Nexus 5: Reports suggests that the release date of this device is being delayed because Google wants Motorola to produce it. But don't expect it to be a cheap phone, it is expected to pack "S4 beating Specs", In fact, some tech blogs call it "The Beast". I reckon this would be priced $600..Due to the fact that Google is planning on feeding the masses with a Mini version of the Moto X at a cheap price of course..
Keep your fingers crossed, We'll keep you informed..
Via http://techlatch.com
Re: Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This by physise(m): 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
stevebent: Hello, all tech enthusiasts. Days upon days, months upon months, we have waited for the Moto X- the most speculated smartphone yet only to be dissappointed by its price. We thought Google was a friend of the Mass, but alas, they are not. [update] Reports reaching me now says a cheap version of the moto x is coming soon..but is that what we want? I thought Google was producing high end smartphones for cheap prices directed at the low income earners. It seems Google has joined the iPhone class.
Anyways, the deed has been done. It is now left for us to make our choices..here, I have compiled Top alternatives to the Moto X.
1. Google Nexus 4: Maybe Google shouldn't have spoilt us with this device. A high end phone with a cheap price. This phone competes with the likes of HTC One, S4, and iPhone. In fact, it was ranked 4th by Techradar's world best smartphones. At only $299, you're not making a wrong choice and you're never gonna be left out of future updates..to the brother that wants to buy the xperia Zr, I suggest you consider this phone or the Xperia SP.
2. Xperia SP: The Mid-range contender, the only smartphone competing with the Nexus 4(nexus 4 is not a midrange device, it is just a cheap offerring from Google). At only $380, I'd surely go for the Nexus 4..
3. Nexus 5: Reports suggests that the release date of this device is being delayed because Google wants Motorola to produce it. But don't expect it to be a cheap phone, it is expected to pack "S4 beating Specs", In fact, some tech blogs call it "The Beast". I reckon this would be priced $600..Due to the fact that Google is planning on feeding the masses with a Mini version of the Moto X at a cheap price of course..
Keep your fingers crossed, We'll keep you informed..
Via http://techlatch.com
current price of xperia sp?
Re: Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This by stevebent(m): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
$350
Re: Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This by physise(m): 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
stevebent: $350
thanks dats 56k
Re: Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This by mrdrizzy(m): 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2013
Nna eh! Make i tell u,am over disappointed by d price 550$ sha for a 16gb 720p 312ppi,in what world do u get such huge cost??,even in china sef 1080p 16gb(with addition sd card slot up to 32/64gb) plus a 2gb ram,doesnt go as high as dis,shuu,dey wan use us build their company
Re: Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This by fiscalcliff: 2:33am On Aug 03, 2013
mr.drizzy:
Nna eh! Make i tell u,am over disappointed by d price 550$ sha for a 16gb 720p 312ppi,in what world do u get such huge cost??,even in china sef 1080p 16gb(with addition sd card slot up to 32/64gb) plus a 2gb ram,doesnt go as high as dis,shuu,dey wan use us build their company
^^^^^
I believe its called CAPITALISM grin
Too bad their pricing left too many would be buyers smiling in the dark undecided
Re: Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This by spoilerx: 9:47am On Aug 03, 2013
the problem is the moto X is being made in the USA. yes, made in America. that explains d cost
Re: Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 03, 2013
fiscalcliff:
^^^^^
I believe its called CAPITALISM grin
Too bad their pricing left too many would be buyers smiling in the dark undecided
cheesy grin
Re: Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This by Agbi4(m): 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
I'm happy cos only those that will be getting this overpriced 2012 model phone is Americans except if someone sends it to you. Moto said it won't be coming to Europe it will only be available in the States. I own a Galaxy S4 and the sole reason I didn't get Xperia Z even with its 20k price diff was cos of the Snapdragon S4 processor and the poor viewing angle of TFT screens. Pricing Moto X d same as S4, Htc One or even the latest Z Ultra is not fair when everything about the phone is so 2012. Don't be misinformed, u can always tell the diff btw a 720p screen and a 1080p screen. I used Xperia ion b4 my S4 and the diff is very large and also my friend has a nexus 4 and u can't compare it with an s4. Everything is just marketing strategy there is noting new we have no heard, the always on voice feature, tell me who use voice command in Nigeria? My fone have both Svoice and Goggles native voice but I use non of them. Motorolla should rest abeg oo.
Re: Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2013
moto x2 yeah right, this have tot me never to wait for a remoured phone, cos u will get something else. eg price.
Re: Are You Disappointed With The Moto X Price? Then Read This by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 13, 2013
boys they vex

(1) (Reply)

So... No BBM For Android 2.3 Folks? / Xiaomi Redmi Note/leagoo Elite 2/LEAGOO Elite 3: Which Would You Buy? / [survey] Font Bricked Tecno, Infinix & Gionee (MTK) Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.