Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) (23444 Views)

Team Nigeria At The African Athletics Championship / Nigerian Fans Meeting Ethiopian Fans In Addis Ababa Before The Match (Pictures) / Okagbare Wins Silver In Long Jump At World Athletics Championship, Moscow 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
Now you get my point

@adaobi and hah it's not about refugee or not

As he is doing well now, he is british

If he does something criminal he will be called somalian

ola_pluto:
If Bolt was British The build up to this race would have started 3 weeks ago with daily footage of Bolt victories. British commentators are the best at bigging their athletes up. James Desaolu is a prime example. Some said he could win Bronze!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
Legacy of abandonment and years of neglect

All our athlethes run under other flags

Christine ohuruigu
Mary adeoye

Phillips idowu

Dem plenty

Afam4eva: So, apart from Okagbare, does Nigeria still have athletes? What happened to Obinna Metu? That guy had prospects. We can even manage the old Uchenna Emedolu, Olusobi Fasugba and co cos it seems Nigeria doesn't have male athletes any longer.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by HAH: 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
adaobi123:

But he's been here for ages na. Stop calling him a refugee. That status has gone. cool

My sister ure right but today if he does anything negative or infamous they will remember his roots.

Remember Michael Adebolajo and Adebowale that have never been to naija
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
^ you still didn't need to bring the crime stuff to this.

Lets just watch good sportspeople do their thang. cool
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2013
HAH:

My sister ure right but today if he does anything negative or infamous they will remember his roots.

Haba leave the guy na angry

Go Mo Go kiss
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Afam4eva(m): 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
biolabee: Legacy of abandonment and years of neglect

All our athlethes run under other flags

Christine ohuruigu
Mary adeoye

Phillips idowu

Dem plenty

These people you named have never represented NIgeria before and most of them were born and grew up in Britain, so i wouldn't classify them as Nigerian athletes. We used to have good home grown athletes that had prospects until recently.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by HAH: 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
adaobi123:

Haba leave the guy na angry

Go Mo Go kiss

I don leave am LOL
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2013
Gbam!!

Don't forget kweku adoboli

HAH:

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2013
HAH:

I don leave am LOL

smiley smiley
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Afam4eva(m): 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
HAH:

You are mentioning people that have finished eating their pension and gratuity LOL

To be frank these days Male athletes from Nigeria are useless, so anonymous
I just need names anyways. Just any name. I remember a few years back when Obinna Metu beat Olusobi Fasugba and Uchenna Emedolu who were Nigeria's best at that time at the trials in Abuja and this guy got to the semis or so at the olympics and i crashed out but judging from his performance, i concluded that he needed more training and that he'll do better in subsequent competitions but till today, i don't know what happened to Metu.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2013
adaobi123: Jesus. So many fine men. embarassed embarassed

ADA!!! ..... (berverly)

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by HAH: 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
These people you named have never represented NIgeria before and most of them were born and grew up in Britain, so i wouldn't classify them as Nigerian athletes. We used to have good home grown athletes that had prospects until recently.
Let me be honest with all, private schools have killed sports in Nigeria, I can remember back in the 80s and 90s we went to public schools where you get all sporting facilities .

These days you hardly see a private school with even a football pitch talkless of race track and naturally athelets are discovered in school sports due to this dwindling, hence our misfortune in sports
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
deene:

ADA!!! ..... (berverly)

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Lol...look well,the difference is clear.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
we need a working sport system in Nigeria ... that is the only way we can find new homegrown athletes whether male or female.

did u guys see dat silmon guy from USA ... he won their collegiate games dia year and he is alredi at the WC. I won't b surprised if he grows in confidence and becomes a world beater in future.

same for their females ... all three places at usa champs r collegiates (i guess) ... this is continuity

Jamaicans are also doin d same dese days look at warren weir, Bailey Cole, macpherson in women's 400 etc

we need to build a system and encourage continuity ... Nigeria please do something... we need to start having big names again smiley

jUst see d way rhe commentators kept calling bolt dis bolt that in d 100m heats ... same way they were calling Okagbare's name in the long jump ... that was great, I had goose bumps. I was soo happy.

back to reality ... I can't wait for tomoro and see what Okagbare has for us in the 100m heats and long jump final

#teamnigeria #teamokagbare

1 Like

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
deene:

ADA!!! ..... (berverly)

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

angry

chidyhels:
Lol...look well,the difference is clear.

cheesy wink
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Thorpe85(f): 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2013
HAH: Let me be honest with all, private schools have killed sports in Nigeria, I can remember back in the 80s and 90s we went to public schools where you get all sporting facilities .

These days you hardly see a private school with even a football pitch talkless of race track and naturally athelets are discovered in school sports due to this dwindling, hence our misfortune in sports
i agree
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Krasid(m): 7:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
biolabee: I'm sick of the british commentators

See them salivating over mo farah, ordinary somali refugee..

If he is caught with a bomb now, they will call him somalian

Muppets

If bolt was british, I will quit watching athletics
Don't mind those british.That's how they overhype their sportsmen.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
In an alternate universe, they would have been nigerian

You get?

Afam4eva:
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 7:40pm On Aug 10, 2013
Thanks sir..seems you got my initial post

I respect mo's's achievements and he deserves his laurels and he has a beautiful family

I am proud that an afrikan has achieved as much

Double olympic gold, world gold today and maybe 5000m tomorrow or so
He's also aiming for 1500m and marathons in the future.

My point was just the hype

Imagine if ronaldo or messi were british

Imagine if sebastian vettel were british

Damn!!

Krasid: Don't mind those british.That's how they overhype their sportsmen.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by akintun: 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nigeria 3 female athletic in d 100m tomorrow morning would give us an indication of how we would perform in d female 4 x 100. If Gloria runs faster Dan d Ukrainian girl in her heat, then we will be in 4 a bronze in d relay. I think we would need to break our national record to even get a bronze.

1 Like

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by freeangel: 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
that will be nice... just passing by
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 6:05am On Aug 11, 2013
good morning friends ... welcome to day two ... the day Nigeria smiles

day 2 has started with the decathlon ...

legoo.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 11, 2013
deene: good morning friends ... welcome to day two ... the day Nigeria smiles

day 2 has started with the decathlon ...

legoo.

Hi, deene. It's still Saturday here, but I'm Team Nigeria all the way.
By the time the Women's long jump final starts, I'll be at church. Anyway, good luck to Blessing.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 6:34am On Aug 11, 2013
wow. sorry about that Cfcfan.

the long jump final will be around 4pm Nigerian time ...

I guess u have to be on your phone in church ... u will be sure to get the latest news here.

when blessing wins, am sure even your pastor will announce it. LOL

#teamnigeria #teamokagbare

1 Like

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by olapluto(m): 7:15am On Aug 11, 2013
Good Morning peeps.... anyone with a link other than BBC? I am tired of these BBC chatters. 80% of chatting, 20% of actual action. Not nice
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 7:18am On Aug 11, 2013
ola_pluto: Good Morning peeps.... anyone with a link other than BBC? I am tired of these BBC chatters. 80% of chatting, 20% of actual action. Not nice

Hahaha n u harassed me yesterday when I made my rant
If messi was british, I would stop watching footie
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 11, 2013
biolabee:

Hahaha n u harassed me yesterday when I made my rant
If messi was british, I would stop watching footie
lool grin grin grin grin
How about Emenike? grin
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 7:25am On Aug 11, 2013
CFCfan:
lool grin grin grin grin
How about Emenike? grin

Emenike...hes trying to get back to form...
Naija needs him
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 11, 2013
biolabee:

Emenike...hes trying to get back to form...
Naija needs him

So true. He is an important player.

In about 1.5 hrs, specifically 8:55am, the Women's 100m heats will start.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by dwag: 7:34am On Aug 11, 2013
**takes front seat**
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 7:34am On Aug 11, 2013
CFCfan:

So true. He is an important player.

In about 1.5 hrs, specifically 8:55am, the Women's 100m heats will start.

Am Off ... will join u guys later
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by dwag: 7:41am On Aug 11, 2013
biolabee:

Am Off ... will join u guys later
still ve ola pluto and cfc fan in da haux so no shiit! Bsides more fanx are rollin in

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (36) (Reply)

Lukaku Hails Osimhen Best Striker In Italy Now, Ahead Inter, Napoli Clash / Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 / Sunshine Stars Football Club Players Held Hostage By Fans After Football (pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.