Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam (13099 Views)

Around 5,000 British People Convert To Islam Every Year, Theguardian / 7 Satanic Strategies To Distract Man From Christianity / From Christianity To Deism And Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by vickyO(f): 11:39am On Aug 05, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You mind showing us evidence of this without touching the corrupt bible
Don't you call the GOOD BOOK corrupt, watch it.....
i;ll give a personal illustration... we once had a problem at home, i cried to God and the Holy Spirit ministered peace unto me that everything is going to be alright using the Bible passage which says though sorrow may last for the night but joy comes in the morning.And joy eventually came.
tell me how Mohammed comforted you..... share your story.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
@folykaze;
by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:03pm On Aug 04
@ RoyPcain. I dont even know how to handle this your stuff with my phone. But let me try making it simple here.

1st point : judaism and christianity predate Islam. Mohamed was born when christianity was prevalent in Arab.. He knew about it and is full aware of their practices then. When mohamed started repeating the same thing as of old, pls what do you call that? Revelation? Been the author here is not my point. My whole point is that mohamed plagiarized from folklores. If I go one and start telling people that your name is so..so..so or it was revealed that you live in so so so location........what is that? Revelation or common hearsay? You love attaching unrelevant stuff when buttressing your points. Before mohamed was born, egyptians has been mummifying pharaoh. It is not a prophesy but something people are aware of. It is not even practised only in egypt but also in other part of the world. I have argued this so called issue with you but seem you love shifting post when things aint favouring you. What was it the quran only penned? That ancient egyptians doesn't have records of their pharaoh? Common man.........you more than this.

Judaism or Christianity or even the older one, hinduism, none of them predates Islam. Islam is the religion of Adam and he was the first man, and first muslim among mankind. then his wife. and those who are 'believers' among his children and offspring of later generation. Idolatry started only in the prophetic time of Noah. Read Surah Noah and you will find the 5 names of the first idols. Muhammad [sa] was he prophet the whole process of Islam among man, starting from Adam [as] and continuing to develop and becoming "formed" was completed upon. Read Surah Maidah to see when it was completed. No prophet is Jewish by religion, though many were by tribes, and no prophet is Christian, Read Surah Baqarah, Imran, Yunus, Hud, Yusuf, The prophets, Story and many others and see that prophets were listed as muslims, muminu, and other names you can call people in Islam, including Ibrahim [as] being called hanifan, There is video on Youtube with Jewish Rabbi saying Islam is older than Judaism.

2nd point : 'And they say' so it basically means they were lying? You mean they dont know Jesus, prophet in the bible and whole lot of compositions in the quran before mohamed? I smell Taqiyya here. Pls mind showing me how the phrase 'they say' implies it lie.

if you read Surah Baqarah verse 97 tells you Quran is revelations brought to the heart by Angel Gabriel. so the 'and they say' is showing what they say [baseless accusation], where as the truth is in the Quran;
Say: Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel-for he brings down the (revelation) to thy heart by God's will, a confirmation of what went before, and guidance and glad tidings for those who believe,-

i can give you others; surah yusuf. surah taha verse 9. surah the story [qasas] and many others.

3rd point : maybe you ignore the line where I said he wrote receipt. Yes you agree he did write receipt. How can illiterate write receipt? Maybe you lost the defination of illiterate.....your dictionary should suffix here...............there is a big differences between non-educated and illiteracy. Illiterate is "Unable to read and write." Uneducated is " a person who lacks technical training and hence unskilled". Mohamed Ali might not go to school but he has a technical training and well built in some skills. Go to university is not what education mean to me. Beat that

I didnt agree he wrote anything, including receipt, which is the reason i gave you my grandmother [ra] as example of those who do business without able to write. While barter is a proof of not writing receipt, yet do business, i have sold things with handshakes and nothing more. in nigeria, there are business you dont need receipt. cash and carry business anywhere does not need receipt. the cattle herders dont have to know how to write or issue receipt for malu transactions. or are they automated, now?

4th point : answer the question.......was mohamed taught to use pen? If yes, how is he illiterate? And maybe you can find evangelist Atheist to defend atheism for you.......next pls

no. he was not taught to use the pen, because Quran to him is of the heart and lips. not writing down. illiterate by being just that. God called him illiterate unlettered and the jews never let us hear the last word, until they say we are unlettered, Umiyin.

5th point: WTF? Is your friend old mama reciting what she was aware of before or revealing another scripture? I guess the former will be your answer........it plays alongside with mohamed. Before he was born was the myth of egyptians enslaving Israelites. The myths of Adam and Eve had been for so long before mohamed was born. Zoroasters pray five times daily before mohamed was born.......plagiarization of stuff here doesn't make your findings original.

alhaja [ra] recited Quran in walsh to me. she was not educated and you have seen people who hear and can remember. some muslims are like that. proof; a little child too young to write, but almost from infancy can recite Quran, as they hear it from mother's womb. first hearing, then talking, then writing. you dont write unless you reach the age you can talk after birth. but the earliest is you can hear from mama's womb. go ask those people who ever have pregnancy experience. when daddy talks to baby in the womb, he reacts. when mommy talks the same. baby cant talk until delivered way before able to write.

6th point : when does it become necessary for musicians to be able to read and write? You love hiding behind lies presenting yourself as truthful person. Rashe stated that mohamed was illiterate.....you should present argument to show how he is illiterate and not comparing writing and reading to musicians. Deal with that

musician dont have to know how to read or write, before knowing how to sing. singing may be natural. but reading and writing you have to learn. it is not natural from birth, whereas singing can be so. so learning how to read or write is
after a musician knows he can sing and he is gonna be a singer. children sing before they can write. singing is talk. rapping which is talking, literally is singing. Quran recitation is almost singing. read the Quran; there are many verse, but the below is enough so research the rest.

www.questionsonislam.com/.../was-our-prophet-illiterate-what-does-illite

The word ummi is used for people who cannot read and write in the Quran. That is its original meaning. In the following verse, that meaning is clear: “And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book, but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture”(al-Baqara, 2/78).

In the following verses, the word ummi is used for our Prophet.

“"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (Scriptures);― in the Law and the Gospel;― for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil … Say: "O men! I am sent unto you all, as the Messenger of Allah, to Whom belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth: there is no god but He: it is He that giveth both life and death. So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, who believed i
in Allah and His words: follow him that (so) ye may be guided."”(al-Araf, 2/157-158).

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by PastorKun(m): 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
@Roypain it's amazing how you can believe your own lies; is this what brainwashing in religion does to people It remains a well documented fact that Islam was started by Mohammed in the seventh century and no matter what spin or lies Islamic writers come up with, the facts can never be changed.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
@VickyO;
by vickyO(f): 11:39am

FOLYKAZE:

You mind showing us evidence of this without touching the corrupt bible

Don't you call the GOOD BOOK corrupt, watch it.....
i;ll give a personal illustration... we once had a problem at home, i cried to God and the Holy Spirit ministered peace unto me that everything is going to be alright using the Bible passage which says though sorrow may last for the night but joy comes in the morning.And joy eventually came.
tell me how Mohammed comforted you..... share your story.

your story does not jive up because Jesus of the bible didnt promise anyone else, except his disciples holy spirit. The very holy spirit that was around long before his birth, also in the womb of elizabeth, the very holy spirit that over shadowed and came upon with power on his mother resulting in pregnancy of baby Jesus. the very holy spirit his disciples received from him. well another comforter will have to be another holy spirit and not the one that has been active around including causing his birth.

so something else [you freewill] is what you experienced, unless you are correct and Jesus is not by limiting it instead of extending the active sphere of the holy spirit.

And as to Muhammad [sa] comforting muslims, you need to read the Quran and Hadith. The process of comforting is in there.

be patient. dont get angry. dont lose hope. trust God. etc. each of these is a fully comforting words and if acted upon you will be alright.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by vickyO(f): 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2013
my brother, in christainity there is what we call baptism of the Holy Ghost, once you accept Christ the former comes next....... i'll end here cause you seem to be a muslim and this topic is too deep for you to understand.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by PastorKun(m): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
Pastor Kun: @Roypain it's amazing how you can believe your own lies; is this what brainwashing in religion does to people It remains a well documented fact that Islam was started by Mohammed in the seventh century and no matter what spin or lies Islamic writers come up with, the facts can never be changed.

I just remembered that lying to promote the cause of Islam(taqiya) is permissible for muslims. That explains all the lies and fabrications roypain as been spewing on this thread.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2013
@ RoyPcain.

Man you making things hard for me here since I use phone. Please try reducing your contents when replying me.

Lets kick

1. Adam is a hebrew man not Arabic. Moses, Joshua, Jesus, Abraham and all prophets in the book were hebrew and bears hebrew name. From the scientific ground, such character called Adam the first man on earth does not exist. Historically, Moses did not exist. Noah did not exist and the whole flood story is an epic fairy tale just like tortoise stories in Yoruba land. Another Epic failure from you man.

Quran 6:14
Yusuf Ali
Say: "Shall I take for my protector any other than Allah, the Maker of the heavens and the earth? And He it is that feedeth but is not fed." Say: "Nay! but I am commanded to be the first of those who bow to Allah )in Islam (, and be not thou of the company of those who join gods with Allah."

Quran 6:163
Yusuf Ali
No partner hath He: this am I commanded, and I am the first of those who bow to His will.

Mohamed was said to be the first muslim. Was mohamed the so called Adam? Now lets deal with this, provide any Islamic book or literature that is older than Torah or the Hindu books. We are know the quran was collated after the death of mohamed........which islamic books were those prophet of judaism using? Do this and I raise my cap for you.

2. Another Epic failure. Because Angel Gabriel says something, it doesn't make the folks of that time ignorant of the past. There are historical records and common knowledge of the past for the people to learn from. Check out your failure here: Angel Gabriel revealed the quran to mohamed and the people has already know this.........who is plagiarizing here? Mohamed/Angel Gabriel or The people? Before the quran, the bible, torah and other religion writings had been in existence. This is where people hurled their knowledge from combing it with history......mohamed stole this stories like joseph smith does too. You not having ground. Next pls

3. Arab in those days keeps document of their trading. Kadijah cant raise someone that doesn't know how to document trade.

4. If he is illiterate, how did he authenticate the quran? Did he verified it and see some verses weren't removed? Illiterate cant do this.

5. Please take your myth to those that cant reason with their heads. You mind showing the video of a child reciting quran which he/she learnt from the womb at birth? Even though I cant watch the video, we have those that will and verify who is lying here. My whole point stand that whatever you recite must be something you have heard and doesn't really implies that you must be educated. I didn't mention education alongside with recitation.....save your lies for another day. Recitation is not a big deal. I have watch a video where dog say 'I LOVE YOU'.....christian child preaching and leading church.......one year old baby mimicing ABC. You cant recite what you are not aware of..........those people living in the same community didnt receive any revelation but they heard know almost everything mohamed was saying. Epic failure there sir.

6. You shouldn't have relate musician to educational status. Your whole point not needed since the initial failed........ Read the article here http://acna.org.au/blog/21-was-muhammad-really-illiterate.html
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 4:42am On Aug 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I just remembered that lying to promote the cause of Islam(taqiya) is permissible for muslims...

you have proof of this?

or is it your 2 Corinthians 12:16 kicking in, pastor? ? ?
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by enilove(m): 8:15am On Aug 06, 2013
I was a muslim and I thank God Almighty who ,through His grace, removed me from hell fire which Islam promised every muslim.

I had arguments with the Jehovah witness on many issues regarding Christianity telling them the lies we were told, like saying that Jesus said he was going to send muhammed as a comforter.
I was surprised when they opened the Bible and we read John 14:16-17 KJV
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

They asked me whether muhammed was a spirit and was not seen by his followers as at that time physically walking with them as a human being.

From the above bible passage , it is said of the Holy Spirit that ,FOR HE DWELLETH WITH YOU AND SHALL BE IN YOU.
They asked whether Muhammed was dwelling with d apostles as at then since muhammed was born about 600 yrs after.
That Bible reference also says " it will abide with you for ever". They asked me whether muhammed is dead or abiding with the muslims for ever.
The Holy Spirit cannot be seen with the naked eyes.

How then can we be sure that the Holy Spirit that was promised came. Is there any Biblical record?I asked.

They opened their Bible to Acts 1:2-5, 8-9 KJV
Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: [3] To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: [4] And, being assembled together with them , commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he , ye have heard of me. [5] For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. [8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. [9] And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

JESUS REMINDED THE APOSTLES ONCE AGAIN from the above referenced passage.

The Biblical account of when the Holt Spirit came is this:
Acts 2:1-8 KJV
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. [2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. [3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. [4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. [5] And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. [6] Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. [7] And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? [8] And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Another lie from the pit of darkness which some muslims told themselves,to the detriment of their souls ,is that Adam was a muslim.
How can that be? For the quran says:
Muhammed was the first muslim in sura 6:14 ".......Say: I am ordered to be the first to surrender unto him.".......
It also says in surah 7: 143 that it was Moses.
In surah 26:51 it tells us that it was some Egyptians.
In surah 2: 127 - 133 it says Abraham.
And finally in surah 2: 37 it misleadingly says it Adam.

Mind you ,all these references keep saying THE FIRST TO BELIEVE.

Am pleading to any muslim that is reading this thread to please forsake this arabian idol called Allah. Muhammed was an idol worshipper and is in hell.If you do not pray and ask your creator to direct you,if you die without accepting Jesus as your Lord and saviour,you will go straight to hell fire.

Also,not every Christian will go to heaven.It is only those that are holy,righteous and doing the will of our God in heaven.

4 Likes

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 8:26am On Aug 06, 2013
enilove:
I had arguments with the Jehovah witness on many issues regarding Christianity telling them the lies we were told, like saying that Jesus said he was going to send muhammed as a comforter.
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

They asked me whether muhammed was a spirit and was not seen by his followers as at that time physically walking with them as a human being..

did you and them also read 1 John 4 (KJV)?

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

are prophets spirits too?
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 8:44am On Aug 06, 2013
enilove:
Am pleading to any muslim that is reading this thread to please forsake this arabian idol called Allah...
if that is so then your current saviour was calling on an arabian idol on the cross because Alah is the aramaic word for God (Arabic: Allah) and you say he called out to God before he was killed on the cross.

so since you say Allah/Alah is a false deity, well.....

( image: W.E. Vine, Merrill F. Unger, William
White Jr., Vine's Complete Exposition
Dictionary , Thomas Nelson Publishers,
Nashville, TN, 1996)

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mahdino: 1:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
vickyO:
who told you Holy Ghost had been dwelling in the hearts of believers before then? God ministered directly to the Prophets and all there was then was Conscience, read the book of Acts 2 and you'll be clear on the fact that the comforter promised is the Holy Ghost, if it was mohammed, we'll have seen it in the Bible....... dont try to explain the Bible if you've got no knowledge of Christianiy.

You can only prophesied what is going to come in the future. You have to believe me that the holy ghost has been existing since the time of John the baptist and Jesus. So that is not what Jesus is talking about when he said "when the HE the spirit of truth is come HE shall guide u into all truth for HE shall not speak of himself, whatever HE hears HE shall tell u. HE shall glorify me. The word "HE" is a masculine pronoun refering to a MAN. Check 1st epistle of John 4:2 hereby know ye the SPIRIT of God: Every SPIRIT that confesseth that Jesus christ is come in the flesh is of God. Every spirit means every prophet.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mahdino: 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
enilove: I was a muslim and I thank God Almighty who ,through His grace, removed me from hell fire which Islam promised every muslim.

They asked me whether muhammed was a spirit and was not seen by his followers as at that time physically walking with them as a human being.

From the above bible passage , it is said of the Holy Spirit that ,FOR HE DWELLETH WITH YOU AND SHALL BE IN YOU.
They asked whether Muhammed was dwelling with d apostles as at then since muhammed was born about 600 yrs after.
That Bible reference also says " it will abide with you for ever". They asked me whether muhammed is dead or abiding with the muslims for ever.
The Holy Spirit cannot be seen with the naked eyes.

How then can we be sure that the Holy Spirit that was promised came. Is there any Biblical record?I asked.

They opened their Bible to Acts 1:2-5, 8-9 KJV
Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: [3] To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: [4] And, being assembled together with them , commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he , ye have heard of me. [5] For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. [8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. [9] And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

JESUS REMINDED THE APOSTLES ONCE AGAIN from the above referenced passage.

The Biblical account of when the Holt Spirit came is this:
Acts 2:1-8 KJV
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. [2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. [3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. [4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. [5] And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. [6] Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. [7] And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? [8] And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Another lie from the pit of darkness which some muslims told themselves,to the detriment of their souls ,is that Adam was a muslim.
How can that be? For the quran says:
Muhammed was the first muslim in sura 6:14 ".......Say: I am ordered to be the first to surrender unto him.".......
It also says in surah 7: 143 that it was Moses.
In surah 26:51 it tells us that it was some Egyptians.
In surah 2: 127 - 133 it says Abraham.
And finally in surah 2: 37 it misleadingly says it Adam.

Mind you ,all these references keep saying THE FIRST TO BELIEVE.

Am pleading to any muslim that is reading this thread to please forsake this arabian idol called Allah. Muhammed was an idol worshipper and is in hell.If you do not pray and ask your creator to direct you,if you die without accepting Jesus as your Lord and saviour,you will go straight to hell fire.

Also,not every Christian will go to heaven.It is only those that are holy,righteous and doing the will of our God in heaven.

You can only prophesied what is going to come in the future. You have to believe me that the holy ghost has been existing since the time of John the baptist and Jesus. So that is not what Jesus is talking about when he said "when the HE the spirit of truth is come HE shall guide u into all truth for HE shall not speak of himself, whatever HE hears HE shall tell u. HE shall glorify me. The word "HE" is a masculine pronoun refering to a MAN. Check 1st epistle of John 4:2 hereby know ye the SPIRIT of God: Every SPIRIT that confesseth that Jesus christ is come in the flesh is of God. Every spirit means every prophet. Mohammad (saw) brought a book tha is with us till eternity the Quran

Pls when u want to get the corect knowledge of a religion u go u the right sources not the anti sites. U said Allah is Idol? NO Allah is the name of your creator, the lord of Mose Jesus and Mohammad. Listen to Jesus u said when he was on the cross he shouted Eli, Eli lamasabaktani. Meaning my God my God...
Don't u see that Eli Eli sounds like Allah, Allah

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by basilico: 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
@mahdino You say Jesus called out Allah on the cross Yet your quran says that Jesus was not crucified?
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by PastorKun(m): 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
basilico: @mahdino You say Jesus called out Allah on the cross Yet your quran says that Jesus was not crucified?

Don't mind the hypocrite, I am sure he knows within his self that the quoran is not a credible source of information.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
basilico: @mahdino You say Jesus called out Allah on the cross Yet your quran says that Jesus was not crucified?
Pastor Kun:
Don't mind the hypocrite, I am sure he knows within his self that the quoran is not a credible source of information.

YOU say he was crucified. YOU say he cried to God on the cross...and "Alah" is the aramaic word for "God".
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by vickyO(f): 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
mahdino:

You can only prophesied what is going to come in the future. You have to believe me that the holy ghost has been existing since the time of John the baptist and Jesus. So that is not what Jesus is talking about when he said "when the HE the spirit of truth is come HE shall guide u into all truth for HE shall not speak of himself, whatever HE hears HE shall tell u. HE shall glorify me. The word "HE" is a masculine pronoun refering to a MAN. Check 1st epistle of John 4:2 hereby know ye the SPIRIT of God: Every SPIRIT that confesseth that Jesus christ is come in the flesh is of God. Every spirit means every prophet.
Every spirit means every prophet, really?? where did you get that definition?
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by basilico: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
Madhino says Jesus called out eli which sounds like allah on the cross. Now the quran says it was made to appear to those gathered that it was jesus who was crucified but it was not. As in God decieved those who witnessed the crucifixion that it was Jesus on the cross. To prove that jesus was not crucified muslims start talking about the masculine reporting of HE concerning Simone of Cyrene being the one who was forced to help Jesus carry the cross and later hanged on it. When its taqqiya time they say Jesus called out to Allah. Be wary of muslim lies my brothers. They are allowed to lie as long as the lie advances the spread of islam. Be very wary of islam.
F00028:

YOU say he was crucified. YOU say he cried to God on the cross...and "Alah" is the aramaic word for "God".

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Emusan(m): 8:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
mahdino:

You can only prophesied what is going to come in the future.

Yea; like what Jesus did about Muhammad.

You have to believe me that the holy ghost has been existing since the time of John the baptist and Jesus.

Sure but do you know who the Holyghost is?

So that is not what Jesus is talking about when he said "when the HE the spirit of truth is come HE shall guide u into all truth for HE shall not speak of himself, whatever HE hears HE shall tell u. HE shall glorify me. The word "HE" is a masculine pronoun refering to a MAN. Check 1st epistle of John 4:2 hereby know ye the SPIRIT of God: Every SPIRIT that confesseth that Jesus christ is come in the flesh is of God. Every spirit means every prophet.

With what you put up here, I've never seen a confuse religion like this of yours.

Muslims are the one who will claim:

*Jesus is not the Son of God though they believe Jesus when He said, He will send their master but Believe not Jesus when He said He is the Son of the living God; He is the way, the truth, and the LIFE no one come to the Father exccept by Him.

*They believe Jesus' statement when He compared His miracle with that of Jonah but disbelieve Him when He Himself said He will die.

*They choose a verse that favour them in the Bible and call the rest Narrator's voice.

*They posted 101 contradiction verses in the Bible due to lack of understanding of the scripture, yet the same contradictory Book has been their back bone for the coming of their Master.

*They believe the Bible you and I are reading today has been copied right many times, due to this; people have inserted their own words into Bible but believe only those verses that favour them was not touched.

*They believe Christian and Islam serve the same God and believe God can't lie but still went ahead to reject this saying "THIS IS MY BELOVED SON HEAR HIM"

What a confuse set of people.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
basilico: Madhino says Jesus called out eli which sounds like allah on the cross...
Your bible says that.
I believe the words are:

"Eli eli lema sabachthani" mt. 27:46

problem is, that is hebrew. and your scholars say Jesus Christ spoke aramaic. so if Jesus was on the cross, and if cried "God" then he used, "Alah" (arabic: Allah).

imagine that: the Son at the most critical time of his life calls out to a false deity and not the Father.

go figure.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Emusan(m): 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
basilico: Madhino says Jesus called out eli which sounds like allah on the cross. Now the quran says it was made to appear to those gathered that it was jesus who was crucified but it was not. As in God decieved those who witnessed the crucifixion that it was Jesus on the cross. To prove that jesus was not crucified muslims start talking about the masculine reporting of HE concerning Simone of Cyrene being the one who was forced to help Jesus carry the cross and later hanged on it. When its taqqiya time they say Jesus called out to Allah. Beware of muslim lies my brothers. They are allowed to lie as long as the lie advances the spread of islam. Be very wary of islam.

Very confuse set of people because their Quran said Jesus was not crucified they hold on to that Matt 12:39-40 when Jesus talks about the miracle of Jonah. They concluded Jesus didn't die whereas Jonah died in the belly of the fish. This very mahdino runaway away from very thread he created because of this issue.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mahdino: 9:05pm On Aug 06, 2013

In every civilised society when u make a claim your witness is called to be cross examine. When the fellow said Allah is Idol, he does not believe my quran so what right have I to prove that Allah is the name og God. So I use your bible, I did not say it u said Jesus was put on the cross and he shouted, Ela, Ela meaning my God my God. Is it that u don't believe the bible again?
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mahdino: 9:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
Emusan:

Very confuse set of people because their Quran said Jesus was not crucified they hold on to that Matt 12:39-40 when Jesus talks about the miracle of Jonah. They concluded Jesus didn't die whereas Jonah died in the belly of the fish. This very mahdino runaway away from very thread he created because of this issue.

Pls Emusan don't be a fool (advisory) how should I have run away when I created the thread and have been proving to u not from the quran but your bible that no where did Jesus die
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mahdino: 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
F00028:

OU say he was crucified. YOU say he cried to God on the cross...and "Alah" is the aramaic word for "God".

In every civilised society when u make a claim your witness is called to be cross examine. When the fellow said Allah is Idol, he does not believe my quran so what right have I to prove that Allah is the name og God. So I use your bible, I did not say it u said Jesus was put on the cross and he shouted, Ela, Ela meaning my God my God. Is it that u don't believe the bible again?
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mahdino: 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
Emusan:

Yea; like what Jesus did about Muhammad.

Sure but do you know who the Holyghost is?

With what you put up here, I've never seen a confuse religion like this of yours.

Muslims are the one who will claim:

*Jesus is not the Son of God though they believe Jesus when He said, He will send their master but Believe not Jesus when He said He is the Son of the living God; He is the way, the truth, and the LIFE no one come to the Father exccept by Him.

*They believe Jesus' statement when He compared His miracle with that of Jonah but disbelieve Him when He Himself said He will die.

*They choose a verse that favour them in the Bible and call the rest Narrator's voice.

*They posted 101 contradiction verses in the Bible due to lack of understanding of the scripture, yet the same contradictory Book has been their back bone for the coming of their Master.

*They believe the Bible you and I are reading today has been copied right many times, due to this; people have inserted their own words into Bible but believe only those verses that favour them was not touched.

*They believe Christian and Islam serve the same God and believe God can't lie but still went ahead to reject this saying "THIS IS MY BELOVED SON HEAR HIM"

What a confuse set of people.

Brother try to open your heart and let's reason. A little knowledge and reasoning will take u out of confusion to understanding
The muslim is no saying that Jesus is not God but Mohammad is God. No nothing like that.
The muslim is not saying that Jesus is not the son of God but Mohammad. No nothing like that.
The muslim in not saying that he does not believe in Jesus but Mohammad. No nothing like that.

This is the muslim stand those chosen by God must not say it word for word but this is what it means

@ the time of Noah he is the way the truth and the life
@ the time of Abraham he is the way the truth and the life
@ the time of Moses he is the way the truth and the life
@the time of Jesus he is the way the truth and the life
This is the time of Mohammad he is the way the truth and the life.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mahdino: 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
vickyO:
Every spirit means every prophet, really?? where did you get that definition?

That is what the bible says
1st epistle of John 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every SPIRIT but try the SPIRITS whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world. U can see that the word spirit is used synonymously with a prophet. A true spirit is a true prophet, and a false prophet is a false prophet
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by vickyO(f): 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2013
mahdino:

That is what the bible says
1st epistle of John 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every SPIRIT but try the SPIRITS whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world. U can see that the word spirit is used synonymously with a prophet. A true spirit is a true prophet, and a false prophet is a false prophet
OMG are you kidding me.... so shallow is your explanation of the Word of God and I'm in no mood to enlighten you.....
according to mahdino, pastors, prophets and other Men of God are spirit..... that's shows your level of intelligence.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by enilove(m): 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
The foundation of everything ,be it a building,a bridge,a religion etc is very important.

A foundation is a basis as a tenet or axiom which something stands or supported. It is an underlying basis support.

Muhammed was from the lineage of Ishmael.
Abraham had many children but God specifically told Abraham that His covenant shall be established in Isaac.
Ishmael was sent away from the household of Abraham because the devil wanted to use Ishmael and his mother as weapons to destroy the plan of salvation God has for the whole world.

Lets read the Biblical account.
Genesis 17:17-21 KJV
Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear? [18] And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee! [19] And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. [20] And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. [21] But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

Genesis 21:1-6, 8-14 KJV
And the Lord visited Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did unto Sarah as he had spoken. [2] For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. [3] And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac. [4] And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac being eight days old, as God had commanded him. [5] And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him. [6] And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me. [8] And the child grew, and was weaned: and Abraham made a great feast the same day that Isaac was weaned. [9] And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking. [10] Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac. [11] And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son. [12] And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called. [13] And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed. [14] And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beer-sheba.

Jesus also said in John 4:22-23 KJV
Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. [23] But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
In spirit,not by facing an idol in the kaaba.
Salvation is of the Jews.
All the prophets in d quran were all Jews except Muhammed who claimed an angel called him and gave him a quran. He had no witness,just him alone.
That is falsehood in in law court you need witnesses.

Except you pray and ask God for the right way,the devil will use his plan to decieve you and harvest ur( muslims) souls.That was d reason Islam religion was forced on people c/o wars,as they are still doing c/o Boko haram ,Osama bin Ladin and the likes.

You are not arabians.

Allat and Allah are idols.

I beg you in the name of God to please pray concerning this Islam.

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by vickyO(f): 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
These Muslims we are trying to talk to know the truth but fail to yield to it.. This religion, Islam has a very strong grip on those who practice it so i really don't blame them.
how valid is the claim the the Qur'an fell from heaven? who saw it drop?
how reasonable are some of the things said by Muhammad and the actions he portrayed? e.g taking his son's wife
your mode of worship is one way traffic, only expressed in Arabic, didn't God create all languages? he understands all. which means if a Yoruba man wants to pray and he cant speak Arabic his prayers will come to naught?
you marry four wives and claim you love them equally? who are you fooling?
you religion according to Yerima, supports child marriage, isn't that barbaric?
women are to cover all parts of their body even in extreme heat conditions? you wan kill them?
Islam is more beneficial to male than female cause the male are given leeway and the women are to be locked up
you fight for the cause of Allah, why won't you do it when your Muhammad did? and when you kill us all (not possible sha) who will be left to kill? then the remaining males wont receive 12 virgins right?
you are not to be friends with Christians and other so called pagans lest we convert you.
you see Christians as rivals.
the message of love is partial cause love is only to be shown to fellow Muslims
THESE ARE THE FACTS I KNOW ABOUT ISLAM AND IF I AM WRONG I STAND TO BE CORRECTED...
Its painful, religion is meant to kill our evil, barbaric and adamic nature but when one is found that supports it, many will follow to satisfy their flesh and this is among the reasons tragedy is being recorded all over the world.

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 3:57am On Aug 07, 2013
vickyO:
OMG are you kidding me.... so shallow is your explanation of the Word of God and I'm in no mood to enlighten you.....
according to mahdino, pastors, prophets and other Men of God are spirit..... that's shows your level of intelligence.

that's what the bible says undecided
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 4:04am On Aug 07, 2013
@enilove, @vickyO,
dey there dey deceive unaselves
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by vedaxcool(m): 6:29am On Aug 07, 2013
Ayomivic: There are many reasons or circumstance for someone to convert from one religion to another but i think these are specific reason why some call Christians convert to another religions especially Islam.

grin ur opinions are just that opinions. Having no empirical evidence except tall tales as evidence back.

Ayomivic:
1. Ignorant of the scripture : This is overall reason why people leave christianity to Islam.

Some Christians does not have good knowledge of the scripture, they can't defend their faith when ask questions by Muslims and due to this reason they are easly brainwash with Questions or statements such as Christians are having three gods, christians called Jesus son of God while God does not have child or wife, Jesus is a Muslim, it was Abraham that built ka'aba etc
This would have made sense only if they are no Bishop converting to Islam https://www.nairaland.com/1383687/ukranian-bishop-accept-islam
unless u want to claim Bishop s r ignorant of the Scripture, ur claim is just desperate are pathetic.
Ayomivic:
. Some people can be brainwashed when they are young due to the enviroment they are living and because the parent are not strong in faith. there was a boy i knew, who was a christian by name, he was living with his grand mother who was living in the mist of muslim. She was the only christian in their face me and face you house and hardly you will see the woman and her grand son going to church. It was islamic stories they used to convert the innocent boy to Muslim but thank God the young man had change back to christianity whe he can diffrenciate right hand from left hand.
Hmm tall tale indeed so you what about the Bishop from Ukraine who live in a Christian dominated country, leads a church? Of if we want to give your story some air of truth, you can't count on one one tale like these and pretend it is a trend.
Ayomivic:
3.Love : this is always happen to some christian's ladies who are ignorant of christianity. Some of them who fall in love with muslim guys may change to islam because they don't want to lose their lover because of religion. Some are even brainwash that Muslims and Christians are worshiping thesame God.

Christians must be so easily brainwashed, and it seems no divine intervention. And there r Christians who still practice their religion despite being married to a Muslim. Those who convert do so because they realize that christianity is false and off the path of truth.

Ayomivic:
4. Some Christians had converted to Muslim because they were promise to be given wealth.

I knew a man who was christian. Close to his house was a muslim man who was rich and famour in that area. The muslim man love this christhan and the christian man used to go to the man house. The rich man later promised the Christian a bakery and car if he can change to Islam. The man agreed, he changes his religion and name. The wife who can not bear her husband new religion left him. Some year after the bakery close down. He then went into tranport busines because he could no longer go back to the initial work he was doing before he met the rich man. Now the car is gone. And the man life is worst than before.

Lol any Christian who convert because of money realiaze that the tithe he is paying his pastor has made him poor and hence while would practicing his faith be so much of a pocket drain. The wise man know s his pastor wants to fly a plane at his expense hence he again concludes Christianity is falsee.
Ayomivic:
5 attitude or behaviours of some call christians. some people had convertd to islam because of hiding attitude or behaviours they finds in the hand of religion leader they trusts and respected eg pastor. This type of christians are into religion because of people not faith
True a lot Christian behave bad, again making the wise wonder whether the religion can make any positive impact on their lives, hence they move to Islam to be better people.
Ayomivic:
6. Ignorant of Islamic religion. Any Christian who converted to Islam, knows little or nothing about Islam .if they did, they would'nt have done that because it just like someone who see water mirage on the ground and jumped over it but landed in the river.

What do you think can make Christian convert to Islam?

Please, if there is/are christians who converted to Islam in this forum let us know the reason for your conversion.

i. Dr Jerald Dirks.. Former minister (Deacon) of the United Methodist Church. He holds a Master's degree in Divinity from Harvard University and a Doctorate in Psychology from the University of Denver.

ii. Donelle Bergeson converted to Islam in Jan. 2010. She was a United Methodist and pursuing her Master's degree in Christian Divinity at Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, Evanston, IL to become a Christian Elder/Pastor/Minister when she decided to convert to Islam. She entered her Master's degree as committed Christian and she graduated in

Which of the above two can u say r actually ignorant of Islam?

Christians keep trooping into Islam because it is the right path and because they realise that God cannot be 3 & 1, He has no son, Bible does not guide people to the right path. The qur'an is the book of guidance for all time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

500 Billion Pounds Questions For Christians / Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? / E-Grace Convention 20-14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.