Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam (13100 Views)

Around 5,000 British People Convert To Islam Every Year, Theguardian / 7 Satanic Strategies To Distract Man From Christianity / From Christianity To Deism And Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 6:51am On Aug 07, 2013
vedaxcool:
Christians keep trooping into Islam because it is the right path and because they realise that God cannot be 3 & 1, He has no son, Bible does not guide people to the right path. The qur'an is the book of guidance for all time.

What about the many muslims that have also converted to Christianity and are still converting ion large numbers?. . .Didn't they also realize that god has a son, god can be 3 in one, christianity is the religion that leads to the right path abd book of guidance for all time?. . .

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by vedaxcool(m): 7:06am On Aug 07, 2013
mazaje:

What about the many muslims that have also converted to Christianity and are still converting ion large numbers?. . .Didn't they also realize that god has a son, god can be 3 in one, christianity is the religion that leads to the right path abd book of guidance for all time?. . .

That is their problem, I did not start a thread theorizing why Muslim change to Christianity, hence it would been wiser and simply RATIONAL if for once u can address a thread based on it claims rather than addressing questions that has little or nothing to do with the thread, which simply provides reasons why christians become muslims. i still hope to see a day when atheist on nl argue rationally.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 7:16am On Aug 07, 2013
vedaxcool:

That is their problem, I did not start a thread theorizing why Muslim change to Christianity, hence it would been wiser and simply RATIONAL if for once u can address a thread based on it claims rather than addressing questions that has little or nothing to do with the thread, which simply provides reasons why christians become muslims. i still hope to see a day when atheist on nl argue rationally.

Cry me a river. . .You made specific claims that were challenged, and your only answer to the challenge is that you don't like it. . .I don't like what you are saying is not a rational defense. . .So you admit that your own rejoinder has little or nothing to do with the thread, since i was directly replying to your rejoinders. . .You claim christian that become muslims realize this or that. .What about muslims thatg become christians?. . .Now you can go off tangent as usual crying all over the place. . .

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by vedaxcool(m): 7:39am On Aug 07, 2013
vedaxcool:

Regardless of the lenght of your incomplete sentence and the ferocity of you tears, the above remains valid.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Emusan(m): 8:02am On Aug 07, 2013
mahdino:

Pls Emusan don't be a fool (advisory) how should I have run away when I created the thread and have been proving to u not from the quran but your bible that no where did Jesus die

How many verses did you quote in the Bible than to compare Matt 12:39-40 with the Jonah's story?

Now from the book of Jonah it shows that Jonah did die.

Tell me another lie.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Emusan(m): 8:19am On Aug 07, 2013
mahdino:
Brother try to open your heart and let's reason. A little knowledge and reasoning will take u out of confusion to understanding

Do you also open your heart?

The muslim is no saying that Jesus is not God but Mohammad is God.
Ok.

The muslim is not saying that Jesus is not the son of God but Mohammad. No nothing like that.

Another version from mahdino "muslim didn't claim Jesus isn't the Son of God" finally you agree that Jesus is the Son of God. Hmmmm

The muslim in not saying that he does not believe in Jesus but Mohammad. No nothing like that.

If you believe in Jesus what make you a muslim?

This is the muslim stand those chosen by God must not say it word for word but this is what it means

Ok, let's see

@ the time of Noah he is the way the truth and the life
@ the time of Abraham he is the way the truth and the life
@ the time of Moses he is the way the truth and the life
@the time of Jesus he is the way the truth and the life

Hope you put into consideration the life spent by these people in their life's time? None of them spend over one thousand years, with recent discovary since two thousand years ago no HUMAN being has spent over 200years.

This is the time of Mohammad he is the way the truth and the life.

Brainwash, you're refering 'now' with what happened more than one thousand years ago "this is the time of Muhammad" was Muhammad still alive? Pls kindly answer with sincerity

You believe in prophet but we believe in the Son of God.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Emusan(m): 8:40am On Aug 07, 2013
mahdino:
That is what the bible says
1st epistle of John 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every SPIRIT but try the SPIRITS whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world. U can see that the word spirit is used synonymously with a prophet. A true spirit is a true prophet, and a false prophet is a false prophet

You're quoting from the same people who tells you that Jesus was crucified but you say No! Hmmm......great hypocrite.

Very soon you will claim their words are narrator's voice.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 8:52am On Aug 07, 2013
vedaxcool:

Regardless of the lenght of your incomplete sentence and the ferocity of you tears, the above remains valid.

Cry me a river. . .This is not your islamic madarasa where people can only respond to or in conformity with what the cleric says. ..I can respond any how i see fit and in this case i chose to respond directly to your claims. . .keep on crying. . . .
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 8:55am On Aug 07, 2013
Emusan:

You're quoting from the same people who tells you that Jesus was crucified but you say No! Hmmm......great hypocrite.

Very soon you will claim their words are narrator's voice.

I wonder why muslims keep doing this nonsense. . .The other day tbaba was trying to use the bible to say that barabas was the person that was sentenced to be killed not Jesus according to the bible. . . I was shocked. . .

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by aurenflani: 9:00am On Aug 07, 2013
Ayomivic: There are many reasons or circumstance for someone to convert from one religion to another but i think these are specific reason why some call Christians convert to another religions especially Islam.

1. Ignorant of the scripture : This is overall reason why people leave christianity to Islam.

Some Christians does not have good knowledge of the scripture, they can't defend their faith when ask questions by Muslims and due to this reason they are easly brainwash with Questions or statements such as Christians are having three gods, christians called Jesus son of God while God does not have child or wife, Jesus is a Muslim, it was Abraham that built ka'aba etc

2. Some people can be brainwashed when they are young due to the enviroment they are living and because the parent are not strong in faith. there was a boy i knew, who was a christian by name, he was living with his grand mother who was living in the mist of muslim. She was the only christian in their face me and face you house and hardly you will see the woman and her grand son going to church. It was islamic stories they used to convert the innocent boy to Muslim but thank God the young man had change back to christianity whe he can diffrenciate right hand from left hand.

3.Love : this is always happen to some christian's ladies who are ignorant of christianity. Some of them who fall in love with muslim guys may change to islam because they don't want to lose their lover because of religion. Some are even brainwash that Muslims and Christians are worshiping thesame God.

4. Some Christians had converted to Muslim because they were promise to be given wealth.

I knew a man who was christian. Close to his house was a muslim man who was rich and famour in that area. The muslim man love this christhan and the christian man used to go to the man house. The rich man later promised the Christian a bakery and car if he can change to Islam. The man agreed, he changes his religion and name. The wife who can not bear her husband new religion left him. Some year after the bakery close down. He then went into tranport busines because he could no longer go back to the initial work he was doing before he met the rich man. Now the car is gone. And the man life is worst than before.

5 attitude or behaviours of some call christians. some people had convertd to islam because of hiding attitude or behaviours they finds in the hand of religion leader they trusts and respected eg pastor. This type of christians are into religion because of people not faith

6. Ignorant of Islamic religion. Any Christian who converted to Islam, knows little or nothing about Islam .if they did, they would'nt have done that because it just like someone who see water mirage on the ground and jumped over it but landed in the river.

What do you think can make Christian convert to Islam?

Please, if there is/are christians who converted to Islam in this forum let us know the reason for your conversion.

If a christianism follower leaves the religion for Islam out of ignorance and joined the new faith also due to ignorance, I wonder what to make of that judgement by you.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 9:14am On Aug 07, 2013
mazaje:

I wonder why muslims keep doing this nonsense. . .The other day tbaba was trying to use the bible to say that barabas was the person that was sentenced to be killed not Jesus according to the bible. . . I was shocked. . .

sadly, that's one mistake a lot of Muslims make.

it not their business to prove who was crucified instead, or even if there was ever a crucifixion. the fact of the matter is Jesus the Christ, the son of Mary was not crucified or killed.

btw where is this happening?
mazaje:

What about the many muslims that have also converted to Christianity and are still converting ion large numbers?. . .
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 9:44am On Aug 07, 2013
F00028:

it not their business to prove who was crucified instead, or even if there was ever a crucifixion. the fact of the matter is Jesus the Christ, the son of Mary was not crucified or killed.

That is what the koran tells you and you simply believe it. . .According to the bible he was crucified. . .Your only evidence to show that Jesus was not crucified is the koran and the evidence the christian have is the bible. . .Book are religious book of faith. . .Stop talking about facts because it is not a fact that Jesus was not crucified. . .

According to Al-Jazeerah’s interview with Sheikh Ahmad Al Katani, the president of The Companions Lighthouse for the Science of Islamic Law in Libya, In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity.

Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity. Al-Jazeerah has since removed the interview and details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdVnILalpeo

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by enilove(m): 11:16am On Aug 07, 2013
mahdino:

That is what the bible says
1st epistle of John 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every SPIRIT but try the SPIRITS whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world. U can see that the word spirit is used synonymously with a prophet. A true spirit is a true prophet, and a false prophet is a false prophet

A spirit is diff from a prophet.

A spirit being has no physical body but a spiritual body. A spirit has a soul.

A prophet is a man like me and you. He has a physical body ,a spirit and a soul.

When the Bible say 1 John 4:1 KJV
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" , it means that the spirit God is availble for a prophet to use and also there is a satanic spirit available for a false prophet,which satan gives to his followers.

Who is a prophet? A prophet is:
One who utters divinely inspired revelations.
One gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight.
One who foretells future events.

A prophet can give divinely inspired revelations only through the Spirit of God that is inside of him.
At the same time there are satanic revelations. People do consult idol worshippers to get revelations. Those people ministring at that satanic alter are also referred to as prophets.
For example:
1 Kings 18:22-24 KJV
Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the Lord ; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men. [23] Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under : and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under : [24] And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the Lord : and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.

In a summary,the Holy Spirit is not a prophet. Jesus said he was going to send a Holy Spirit who CANNOT BE SEEN with the naked eyes and shall DWELL IN YOU.

The way of Jesus is completely diff from tbe way and message muhammed gave the arabians.Did the arab test muhammed to know whether he was from God or not.
Jesus told everyone that we should not divorce ,and no one should marry a divorced man or woman.
But muhammed married his adopted son's wife and Allah said he commanded it so. Muhammed had more than 10 wives but told his followers not to marry more than 4.
Is it not disturbing and doubtful to believe the revelation of one person.Why would God ask you to marry somebody else's wife.
Even David that did it was condemned by God and he was purnished by God for it. Why did God not purnish muhammed for the same sin.
How are you sure it was not in order to cover up for his sin that he told the people that God commanded him to marry his son's wife.?

Satan is not foolish ,he is wiser than all the professors of this world put together.It is only by prayer that God can reveal every truth to you.

Do not follow the Ishmael and Haggai,who God casted away.But follow Abraham and Isaac from where came the messiah Jesus Christ ,who died for our sins and reconcilled us back to God.

After death, there is no longer any remedy.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Emusan(m): 11:17am On Aug 07, 2013
F00028:

gringringrin

it not their business to prove who was crucified instead, or even if there was ever a crucifixion.
Is it not because your Quran against it that's why you too also in support? So it's their and yours business to know who was crucified.

the fact of the matter is Jesus the Christ, the son of Mary was not crucified or killed.

Says who and from which book?
Can you quote a verse in the Bible that asertain your point.

Use your friend google.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by esmeralda1(f): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
One thing God gave to man forever is his will, i mean will to make woteva decision he likes, that is why he will judge everyone individually.
Muslims in the house you av heard it at different times what christains preach and what they are about but its up to u to decide on what to do about it.
All i will say is that y dont u ask God Himself for the truth whether Islam is the way to Him or not, ask in truth and let Him show u the way. It is well with u.
My fellow Christains it is no time to argue or abuse people for whom Christ died pray God shines His light on them.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by vedaxcool(m): 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
mazaje:

Cry me a river. . .This is not your islamic madarasa where people can only respond to or in conformity with what the cleric says. ..I can respond any how i see fit and in this case i chose to respond directly to your claims. . .keep on crying. . . .

Regardless of the unmitigated flow of tears pleading for attention, or ur inability tip write complete sentence, this point still remain valid. In jona's voice I don't give damn!!! Keep whining seeking attention :

vedaxcool:

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 8:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
mazaje:
That is what the koran tells you and you simply believe it. . .According to the bible he was crucified. . .Your only evidence to show that Jesus was not crucified is the koran

you're right there. if God Almighty states it in the Qur'an, its all the proof I need.

but that's not all. further proof that Jesus was not crucified is that: THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT HE WAS CRUCIFIED.

mazaje:
and the evidence the christian have is the bible. . .Book are religious book of faith. . .Stop talking about facts because it is not a fact that Jesus was not crucified. . .
try this: there is a challenge to anyone who can take all accounts of the resurrection in the four gospels, Acts, and 1 Corinthians 15, and write a single narrative in which he includes every event and detail mentioned in the separate accounts and do so without omitting anything or injecting inconsistency, contradiction, or purely speculative materials into the narrative.

mazaje:
According to Al-Jazeerah’s interview with Sheikh Ahmad Al Katani, the president of The Companions Lighthouse for the Science of Islamic Law in Libya, In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity...
I dont have time to watch your video...but
if your man above stated his evidence for his fantastic claims please point me to it.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
Emusan:
Is it not because your Quran against it that's why you too also in support?
? ? ? ? ? ?

Emusan: So it's their and yours business to know who was crucified.
no, it is not
our business is, Jesus, the Christ, the Son of Mary was not crucified
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
F00028:
you're right there. if God Almighty states it in the Qur'an, its all the proof I need.

And you were there when the almighty was stating it in the koran or where you indoctrinated since childhood to accpet the koran as the words of the almighty?. . .Provide evidence that the creator of the universe wrote a book, by evidence i mean video evidence. . .Tale by moon light kind of stories of they said, he said an angle appeared will not do. . .In fact that does not even count as evidence. . .

but that's not all. further proof that Jesus was not crucified is that: THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT HE WAS CRUCIFIED.

Just as there is no evidence that Mohammed received any recitation from any angle. . .If you have a video evidence of an angle reciting the koran to Mohammed please bring it on else remain quite and stop talking of evidence of absence of evidence. . .

try this: there is a challenge to anyone who can take all accounts of the resurrection in the four gospels, Acts, and 1 Corinthians 15, and write a single narrative in which he includes every event and detail mentioned in the separate accounts and do so without omitting anything or injecting inconsistency, contradiction, or purely speculative materials into the narrative.

Yeah, yeah, we know Mohammed ascended into paradise on the back of a wing horse from the masjid in Jerusalem. . .Only that the evidence is a story. . .

if your man above stated his evidence for his fantastic claims please point me to it.

Yup he cited some study and research that was made by his group. . .
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
mazaje:

And you were there when the almighty was stating it in the koran or where you indoctrinated since childhood to accpet the koran as the words of the almighty?. . .Provide evidence that the creator of the universe wrote a book, by evidence i mean video evidence. . .Tale by moon light kind of stories of they said, he said an angle appeared will not do. . .In fact that does not even count as evidence. . .

Just as there is no evidence that Mohammed received any recitation from any angle. . .If you have a video evidence of an angle reciting the koran to Mohammed please bring it on else remain quite and stop talking of evidence of absence of evidence. . .

Yeah, yeah, we know Mohammed ascended into paradise on the back of a wing horse from the masjid in Jerusalem. . .Only that the evidence is a story. . .

Yup he cited some study and research that was made by his group. . .

smiley oh really now?

and were you there when his group was actually conducting this study and research or where you indoctrinated since childhood to accept anything anti-Islam?

"Provide evidence...by evidence i mean video evidence. . ."

do you have video evidence of these 6 million Muslims converting? if you do please bring it or else stop talking, period.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
F00028:

smiley oh really now?

and were you there when his group was actually conducting this study and research or where you indoctrinated since childhood to accept anything anti-Islam?

"Provide evidence...by evidence i mean video evidence. . ."

do you have video evidence of these 6 million Muslims converting? if you do please bring it or else stop talking, period.

I admit it might be all a lie. . .Since there isn't any evidence to show that 6 million people actually convert every year. . .You do not have any evidence of allah or any angle telling mohammed anything, all you have is just indoctrinated beliefs in some stories and that is where it ends. . .So stop acting as if its factual because is not. . .
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mahdino: 10:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
mazaje:

I admit it might be all a lie. . .Since there isn't any evidence to show that 6 million people actually convert every year. . .You do not have any evidence of allah or any angle telling mohammed anything, all you have is just indoctrinated beliefs in some stories and that is where it ends. . .So stop acting as if its factual because is not. . .
The Quran is a standing evidence, that it is from the lord of the universe but if u say it is not then produce a book like it, not even a book, produce a chapter like it, bros, not even a chapter produce a verse like it? U can never.
Pls help yourselves try to brink out a single contradiction? If u can't u shuold know its from your lord but u reject, doom await u.
From your bible read Isaiah 12
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 2:39am On Aug 08, 2013
mahdino:
The Quran is a standing evidence, that it is from the lord of the universe but if u say it is not then produce a book like it, not even a book, produce a chapter like it, bros, not even a chapter produce a verse like it? U can never.
Pls help yourselves try to brink out a single contradiction? If u can't u shuold know its from your lord but u reject, doom await u.
From your bible read Isaiah 12

The Koran is NO evidence, produce a book like the Koran?. . .Produce a chapter or verse?. . .What the hell is that?. . .There are many many books that have helped humanity develop, helped humanity solve its problem and have also saved humanity from many things. . . .Pls I challenge you to produce a verse from the Koran that talks about any issue be it science, engineering, architecture, astronomy, economics, geography, history, government, banking or morals and I will produce many books that SPEAK ABOUT IT MUCH MORE AND BETTER THAN THE KORAN. GO AHEAD PRODUCE ONE VERSE FROM THE KORAN THAT TALKS ABOUT ANY HUMAN ISSUE AND I WILL PRODUCE MANY BOOKS THAT SPEAK BETTER ABOUT IT THAN THE KORAN. . . . .Even the senior secondary school modern biology text book used in Nigerian secondary schools talks about boilogy and educates much more than the koran can ever or will ever attempt to talk about it or educate people about it, so what the heck are you talking about?. . .Is this a joke or what?. . .I repeat the koran is a fictitious book of ancient Arabic folklore. . .The koran stands just as the hindu verders, the egyptian book of the dead or the hebrew bible. . .

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 08, 2013
@OP,
“i think these are specific reason why some call Christians convert to another religions especially Islam.
1. Ignorant of the scripture : This is overall reason why people leave christianity to Islam.”

No! This can never be the case. Everyday across the globe numerous Christians INCLUDING PRIESTS, PASTORS, REVERENDS MISSIONARIES etc) embrace Islam out of their own conviction. Here are a few examples of these former Church leaders.
1. Prof. Abdul Ahad Dawud, Former Bishop of Uramiah, Formerly the Reverend David Benjamin Keldani, B.D.

2. Abdullah al-Faruq - Formerly Kenneth L. Jenkins, minister and elder of the Pentecostal Church

3. Abu Ishaq, Coptic Cardinal

4. Dr. Gary Miller (Abdul- Ahad Omar) - Former missionary

5. George Anthony - Former Catholic priest
Ibrahim Khalil - Former Egyptian Coptic priest

6. Dr. Jerald F. Dirks - Former minister (deacon) of the United Methodist Church

7. Khadijah 'Sue' Watson - Former pastor, missionary, professor. Master's degree in Divinity

8. Martin John Mwaipopo - Former Lutheran Archbishop

9. Muslima, A Former Catholic Missionary (Burundi)

10. Raphael Narbaez, Jr.- Former Jehovah's Witness minister

11. Selma A. Cook, Australian Missionary

12. S.M. SULAYMAN, (Former Baptist Church Minister), U.S.A.

13. Viacheslav Polosin - Former Archpriest of the Russian Orthodox Church

14. Dr. Yahya A.R. Lehmann, Doctor of Theology, (Former Roman Catholic Priest Germany) etc
Read their individual testimonies here to know their reasons of converting to Islam: http://www.usislam.org/converts/converts.htm

“Some people can be brainwashed when they are young due to the enviroment they are living and because the parent are not strong in faith.”

No! Have you forgotten Charity Uzoachina? Her father is an RCCG Pastor yet that did not stop her. And like she explained no one brainwash/force her to convert. The Pastor couldn't understand why his own daughter would be Muslim. That's why he's making noise all over the place.

“Love : this is always happen to some christian's ladies who are ignorant of christianity. Some of them who fall in love with muslim guys may change to islam because they don't want to lose their lover because of religion.”

This is partially true, but it happens in very few cases. Many muslims marry christian women without having to convert to Islam at all. And she continue to be Christian throughout her life. But she may convert on her own if she want.

“Some are even brainwash that Muslims and Christians are worshiping the same God.”

The fact that you do not know this, exposes your ignorance, that it is infact you that was brainwashed to believe the God of Muslims is that not the same with that of the Christians and Jews. The only difference is Muslims (like Jews) don't worship the ‘Son.’ They only worship the ‘Father’ and call him Allah (which means ‘the only true God’ in Arabic)

“Some Christians had converted to Muslim because they were promise to be given wealth.”
No! Muslims don't bribe Christians to enter their religion. On the contrary, Christian missionaries ‘wasted $6.8 billion each year trying to convert poor and sick Muslims’

“Attitude or behaviours of some call christians. some people had convertd to islam because of hiding attitude or behaviours they finds in the hand of religion leader they trusts and respected eg pastor. This type of christians are into religion because of people not faith”
Not true.

“Ignorant of Islamic religion. Any Christian who converted to Islam, knows little or nothing about Islam .if they did, they would'nt have done that because it just like someone who see water mirage on the ground and jumped over it but landed in the river”

No. Pls read the stories of the Priests in the link above. Those people were not illiterates, Some of them are even Professors and Doctors of (Christian) Theology. You cannot know Christianity more than them all. They converted because they studied Islam and are convinced of its authenticity. Pls stop being arrogant find time to do your own research with an objective mind. You don't have to convert, just don't defend on the Media. Try to read Islam FROM ISLAMIC SOURCES to know what Islam is all about. You don't have to look for books even this website can help for now: www.islamreligion.com

Here are two more former Church leaders (whom i personally know in Nigeria) - Prof Dauda Ojobi, Former Bishop & former CAN's Scribe & Rev. Peter Jatau. They are now actively engaged in Da'awa (Islamic propagation), particularly Prof. Dauda Ojobi. May Allah bless them.
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 08, 2013
Ayomivic:

what is the objective of Christianity then? I think you should know that too.
Sorry to say .I doubt if Muhammed was a prophet because no prophet talked about his coming. Correct me if iam wrong.

Yes, you are wrong. Actually both Moses and Jesus prophecy the coming of Muhammad. Click and download this (pdf) book, 'Muhammad in the Bible' written by Prof. Abdul Ahad Dawud, Former Bishop of Uramiah, Formerly the Reverend David Benjamin Keldani, B.D.

http://www.islamhouse.com/401819/en/en/books/Muhammad_(Peace_Be_Upon_Him)_In_The_Bible
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Why are you refreshing this old tale here? Mohamed have the knowledge and was aware about Judaism, Christianity and Arab pagan around him in his days. The quran stated this clearly that all those stuff in the quran is from common hearsay and general knowledge in and before mohamed

Quran 25:5
Sahih International
And they say, "Legends of the former peoples which he has written down, and they are dictated to him morning and afternoon."

How does knowing about Krishna makes me hindu prophet?

Aren't you ashamed of yourself? I know you quoted that verse deliberately OUT OF CONTEXT to prove your idiotic claim! Will you now read it in its proper context?

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

1. Blessed is He who sent down the Criterion upon His Servant that he may be to the worlds a warner

2. He to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and who has not taken a son and has not had a partner in dominion and has created each thing and determined it with [precise] determination

3. But they have taken besides Him gods which create nothing, while they are created, and possess not for themselves any harm or benefit and possess not [power to cause] death or life or resurrection.

4. And those who disbelievesay, "This [Qur'an] is not except a falsehood he invented, and another people assisted him in it." But they have committed an injustice and a lie.

5. And they say, "Legends of the former peoples which he has written down, and they are dictated to him morning and afternoon."

6. Say, [O Muhammad], "It has been revealed by He who knows [every] secret within the heavens and the earth. Indeed, He is ever Forgiving and Merciful."
(Qur'an 25:1-6)

Muhammad (pbuh) has never read any book before God taught him the Quran through Angel Gebrail. Before he recieved his revelation he was an illiterate. He could neither read nor write. This fact was even recorded in your Bible. “And the book is given to him that is NOT LEARNED, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he sayeth, I am not learned” Isaiah 29:12

And God confirmed it in the Qur'an:
“AND THOU (O MUHAMMAD) WAS NOT (ABLE) TO RECITE A BOOK BEFORE THIS (BOOK CAME), NOR ART THOU (ABLE) TO TRANSCRIBE IT WITH THY RIGHT HAND: IN THAT CASE, INDEED THE TALKERS OF VANITIES HAVE DOUBTED ”

Quran 29:48
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by DMainMan: 6:48am On Aug 08, 2013
Happy Eidel Fitri
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by DMainMan: 6:49am On Aug 08, 2013
Happy Eidel Fitri

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Emusan(m): 8:49am On Aug 08, 2013
F00028:

Is it God or Angel?

See dellusion, no evidence hmmmm. What about Jesus' statement Himself. I can't stop laugh.

All the four gosples gave a clear account remember you support them by claiming the coming of your master from one of them.
You believe Jesus when He said, He will send your muhammad but disbelieve Him when He said He will die...

See non-christians who gave a record about Jesus death.

1. Lucian of Samosate 11. “It was then that he learned the wondrous lore of the Christians, by associating with their priests and scribes in Palestine. And—how else could it be?—in a trice he made them all look like children, for he was prophet, cult-leader, head of the synagogue, and everything, all by himself. He interpreted and explained some of their books and even composed many, and they revered him as a god, made use of him as a lawgiver, and set him down as a protector, next after that other, to be sure, whom 11 they still worship, the man who was crucified in Palestine because he introduced this new cult into the world."

In his statement he was trying to mock Christians but it's a great evidence that Jesus exist and was crucified. He even notice the remain eleven desciples and palestines which Bible also confirmed.

2. Seutonius
3. Julius Africanus and Tallus
4. Flavius Josephus "In The Antiquities of the Jews , book 18, chapter 3, paragraph 3"
5. Cornelius Tacitus "in book 15, chapter 44 of The Annals" e.t.c

Now if non-christian can give a record about Jesu and it's the same with Bible's account, is Jesus exist and crucified or not?

I will; bring them up.

Why don't you have time I believe if it favours you, you will quickly do it.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by Emusan(m): 9:00am On Aug 08, 2013
Zarian5:

Yes, you are wrong. Actually both Moses and Jesus prophecy the coming of Muhammad. Click and download this (pdf) book, 'Muhammad in the Bible' written by Prof. Abdul Ahad Dawud, Former Bishop of Uramiah, Formerly the Reverend David Benjamin Keldani, B.D.

http://www.islamhouse.com/401819/en/en/books/Muhammad_(Peace_Be_Upon_Him)_In_The_Bible

See what you turn yourself into, you believe Bible talks about Muhammad yet you rejected the rest of the Bible saying. Confuse!!!
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by F00028: 10:30am On Aug 08, 2013
mazaje:
I admit it might be all a lie. . .Since there isn't any evidence to show that 6 million people actually convert every year. .

this is ridiculous!
then why were you making an argument with it?!?
did you think people will just take your word for it?
Re: The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam by mazaje(m): 10:46am On Aug 08, 2013
F00028:

this is ridiculous!
then why were you making an argument with it?!?
did you think people will just take your word for it?

By evidence I mean the type of evidence I proposed, There is no video recording of such and I still maintain that it might be false, which is possible. . .There is no evidence to show that anything in the Koran is true, all the evidence you have are not evidence, they are just beliefs and that is where it ends. . .The Koran says Jesus was not crucified not because its true or because it presents any evidence, it only says so and that's all. . .The koran claims to be the words of the creator or the universe, not because it presents any evidence just because it is a story and a tradition. . .So i also wonder why you are even making an argument from it in the first place. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

500 Billion Pounds Questions For Christians / Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2023: Double Portion, December 5-11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.