Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,472 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa (3752 Views)

How I Was Saved From An Accident Yesterday!...my Story! / I Was Denied Visa At French Embassy For This Reason.... / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by primematch: 1:09pm On May 30, 2008
In regards to traveling, It has been a dream of mine to travel out of this country to the UK, US or Canada. During my finals in school I tried as mush as possible to make some savings in other to meet up with my dreams of traveling.

Unfortunately for me, after graduation in 2006, I decided to go get my international passport so to enable me start up the the raze of obtaining a UK visa, While at the Immigration office in Festac, Lagos. I was right in line with a lady who also brought her son for the same purpose of passport acquisition and from one leading to another we got talking she then told me she got someone at Abuja who help her younger brother get a Uk visa and that she can help get to that same person for a visa to Uk.

Being that I was ignorant of the processes involved in getting a visa and also that i got no one to help me get a visa I decided to get her phone contact in other for her to link me with her Abuja connection. during and after when our passport was ready we kept calling and she requested coming over to my home then i invited her over in other for my mom and my elder sister to get to know her.

I had no reason to doubt her simply because she acted like she was a God sent to me and my family, we was welcomed to the house anytime, she told us many false stories of how she stayed in the Uk for more than 10years and her younger brother current stay from Uk to Dublin, To me it was God's devine intervention so I never thought otherwise.

As time goes one she them told me that she has already contact the guy at Abuja and that we have to Abuja to that effect and that the guy require 400k for the the processing of the visa with an initial deposit of 200k which i must pay through her. Immediately I sent the sum of 50k to her account ( First Bank Plc Coka Branch Lagos). afterward she then told me that she will be traveling to Abuja in other to submit my passport with her agent at abuja.

In few days latter she called on me again and said that the guy said that the age i used and the dress code of the passport might be a problem that I need to get acquire another passport with a different age and a new dress code probably suit will be better, also that i have to come with her to Abuja for the submission of the new passport and thump printing. requesting that the 50k i initially paid will not be enough that i had to pay at least a 100k which i did send to her bank account before the trip to Abuja with her making the total sum of 150k

On getting to Abuja, I met with the guy and he brought the Visa Application form and I did fill, after the filling of the visa application form he then said to Lady by calling her name Roseline you will hear from me by January because it was actually on the month of December we enbacked on the trip to Abuja.

At a time he January 2008 she then called on me again requesting that more funds is needed and been that i had so much trust and confidence in her i had no choice to and this time she was requesting for another 150k which she said she said the guy at Abuja is requesting for and that when my visa come out I will only have to make the balance of 100k. So far, I have already paid 300k to her.

Its was on our last trip to Abuja as at February 2008, I had the thought of getting the guys at Abuja phone number without her knowing because each i call her requesting for the Abuja agent number she says its not necessary because the agent will not speak with me since an not his direct client. Soon our last trip to Abuja I said to myself that be it what it may an sure going get her agent number without her knowledge so i can speak directly with the agent at anytime I desire to. As God could have it i was able to get the agents phone number without her knowing and after waiting and expecting a visa for too long i had to contact the agent on phone trying to find out the reason for the delays of my visa because i do know it should not take longer than necassary to get a UK visa if truely they are actually processing a visa for me.

To my greatest suprise when i contact the agent on phone, he then told me that Roseline never at any time deposited any money with him and that was the reason he never thought of processing a visa for me. immediately i realised that i was duped of 300k by Roseline Ifeoma Obayan.

My dear brothers and sisters in nairaland, Am presently so confused and do not know what to do, I had tried contacting her but she is not responding positively.I have asked her to return back my money not minding the time wasted yet no response.

I dont want to take her actions as an excuse not to achieve my dreams, I am a determined person and I always strive to achieve my golds, Right now I still desire traveling but i cant do it all alone, It is my plea to every nairaland member both within and outside this shores of our Country to help me with useful informations, either by sending an invitation letter which i can tender before the embassy or other vital documents which i can use to apply for another visa to either Canada, US or the UK and Europe,

I await your swift and encouraging response.
Thanks and God Bless ever ready.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by vikiviko(m): 1:23pm On May 30, 2008
Its so unfortunate when i hear tales as these.
You didn't do your work well, if you had checked and followed her carefully am sure u won't be in this plight.
As you have said u don't want to take action, just take it in good fate.
God will surely reward and meet you at the point of your needs.

The nairaland forum itself is a study guide for travel matters from visa application, visa refusals, travel conference/events,visa requirements and travel documents.
You can conveniently apply for any visa of your choice if you carefully read through some of the posts on this forum.

All the best.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by papiwonder: 1:28pm On May 30, 2008
i know what you are going through .It has happened to a close friend of mine before, We have to be careful these days and the funniest thing is that our destiny is always in our hands but we dont seems to know.I dont know if you would love to go to Germany.I can put you through all the processing and i assure you that you will get your visa.Wishing you the best.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by krama(m): 1:36pm On May 30, 2008
So pathetic. . . sorry about that
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by deor03(m): 1:41pm On May 30, 2008
In addition to the previous reply,

UK,US etc are not the end of one's problems. It's worse than Nigeria, if you don't have the relevenat papers( Using visit visa to work). If you could raise 300k in Nigeria, that means you can make a good living over there.

If you have a good living in Nigeria , securing visa for yourself will NOT be an issue at all. Besides applying through agents is not the way out. Most often than not they are dupes
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by ty4real(m): 2:01pm On May 30, 2008
@Poster!

I really sympathise with you over this loss of money!But the morale of this saga is this, i never entertain any unsolicited discussions at the following places and if you have to be smart and discreet,do not disclose your mission evn if the person is an angel:Immigration/Pssport office,Embassy's,VAC centres,Banks(when you are paying fees),Airport and the list can go on, There are just too many fraudulents pips at all those places looking so corporate and dignified but high class professional aninis! angry angry
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by primematch: 2:01pm On May 30, 2008
papiwonder:

i know what you are going through .It has happened to a close friend of mine before, We have to be careful these days and the funniest thing is that our destiny is always in our hands but we don't seems to know.I don't know if you would love to go to Germany.I can put you through all the processing and i assure you that you will get your visa.Wishing you the best.

Firstly, I would want to say thanks for every one swift response, It has actually giving me more courage to carry on. I will be grateful with all my heart if you can put me through all the processing that will enable me obtain a visa, I dont really mind the Country.

Please, I would appreciate if i can get your personal email address as well as your phone contact for further equintance.

Below is my phone contact and email address:
Email: primematch101@yahoo.com
Tel: 08036546480
Gordons.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by coldwater(m): 2:49pm On May 30, 2008
primematch:

Firstly, I would want to say thanks for every one swift response, It has actually giving me more courage to carry on. I will be grateful with all my heart if you can put me through all the processing that will enable me obtain a visa, I don't really mind the Country.

Please, I would appreciate if i can get your personal email address as well as your phone contact for further equintance.

Gordons.

can't you learn from your past mistake? You want history to repeat itself again. better open your eyes wide before you enter into another pit/scam.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by akinalabi(m): 2:51pm On May 30, 2008
At the risk of sounding like the devil himself, I must confess
I don't have any sympathy for you.

Don't you know the way to the UK embassy or the visa application
centres?

You raised N300k here in Naija. . . and you want to raise another
one. You'll soon get to a million.

Ask the nairalanders in the UK how many othe them have got
£4,000 in their accounts.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by Akolawole(m): 3:22pm On May 30, 2008
primematch:

Firstly, I would want to say thanks for every one swift response, It has actually giving me more courage to carry on. I will be grateful with all my heart if you can put me through all the processing that will enable me obtain a visa, I don't really mind the Country.

Gordons.

I honestly don't know where to start

## I am sorry to say, you are the architect of your own wahala. You don't even mind the country. And for God sake you are not an illiterate. Do you know what #300,000 can even do?

#Do you think all Abroad are abroad?

#Beside US and canadian embassy, do you think Visa is that difficult?

# Do you know what we call "Fake life abroad" ?

# Do you think getting to Western country guarantee success in life?

#Do you think Job is that available every where except Nigeria?

I think i need to open a thread, something like a diary on tavel soon
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by Akolawole(m): 3:23pm On May 30, 2008
akinalabi:

£4k ke?

Start with £500 after their bills grin

No be me talk am sha
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by deor03(m): 5:13pm On May 30, 2008
akinalabi:

I make bold to tell you, apart from scammers, that MOST nairalanders in UK cannot boast of having £4,000. It not anybody's fault, thats the system ( after bills, direct debits, mortgage etc)

Akolawole:

£4k ke?

Start with £500 after their bills grin

No be me talk am sha

£500  ke!

Is that in credit or debit ? after all direct debits
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by holythug(m): 5:16pm On May 30, 2008
urs is still small na,
e neva enter 1M
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by Ezinwannem: 5:47pm On May 30, 2008
2the poster, sorry ooooo but hope u have learnt ur lesson

NOTE: No one can tell you that he/she can get you a visa especially that of UK, US OR CANADA, no matter the connection,
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by smile4kenn(m): 6:05pm On May 30, 2008
deor03:

I make bold to tell you, apart from scammers, that MOST nairalanders in UK cannot boast of having £4,000. It not anybody's fault, thats the system ( after bills, direct debits, mortgage etc)

£500 ke!

Is that in credit or debit ? after all direct debits

You are right,

@poster

If you really wanna travel and u got good education background, why not try as a student,

OK?

how u so sure nairaland can help u
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 30, 2008
na today undecided undecided

poster sorry
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by steeee(m): 7:50pm On May 30, 2008
Hi Nairalanders i will choose to commend these forum for how its gradually becomong the Pioneer in people seeking geniune advise .
But , the poster is a calculated CRIMINAL how can he expalin that he was just duped and is solicicting for help ? again ?personally i think he just looking for letter of invitation and must first seek sampathy .His story was a cock and bull stories u can go and tell that to the marines ? He said the money was paid at one the first bank branches in Lagos and he reside also in Lagos and EFCC office is in Ikoyi so what is waiting for ? what i expected from him was to get the address of the GHOST lady and get back his money if he really parted such money
One more questions is what was the idea of getting visa u think visa are for the higest bidder what did the Lady told u ?I choose to call her Lady because Women do not duped
The poser is not teling the whaole truth how did he get the So called Agent number and why cant he apprehed the agent because his an accomplice
People should not just seek public sampathy due to the lackdasical atitiude
Any the story is not true
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 30, 2008
rotflmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin na today grin grin
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by ty4real(m): 8:25pm On May 30, 2008
jennykadry:

rotflmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin na today grin grin

No be today,As it was yesterday so shall it be today and forever,its obvious the guy hasnt learnt his lessons. grin grin grin

@Poster!

Why cant you make the necessary findings yourself nahhhhhh,small time you go return say nairalander don dupe you with all this google your problem will be solved ooooo smiley smiley
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 30, 2008
abi oooooo
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by chika98: 8:49pm On May 30, 2008
Ndi I must leave naija by force! Ehn Ihulanu ya. Research everything properly people.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by Bossman(m): 9:25pm On May 30, 2008
Assuming this actually occurred, I feel ya pain. Hope things work out for you. However, your display of desperation to this lady probably lead to you being taken for a ride. She must have seen it in you that you wanted to leave the country at any cost. Geez! you are handling over that much money without really knowing this person at all. And you were already out 300K Naira before you decided to investigate and try to get her Agent's contact information.

As others have said, it's not full of honey and roses on this end. If you do not have your papers, the chances of getting a job talkless of an OK job is close to zero.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by manmustwac(m): 12:13am On May 31, 2008
I feel for you primematch, but the lady just preyed on your gullibility and ignorance. I could easily bring any of my relatives here thru a student, visa visiting visa, etc and thats because i learnt everything just thru reading the threads in Travel section for the past six months. So i suggest u do the same before u make any attempt to travel again.

Remember that knowledge is power! cry cry cry
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by primematch: 7:33pm On May 31, 2008
steeee:

Hi Nairalanders i will choose to commend these forum for how its gradually becomong the Pioneer in people seeking geniune advise .
But , the poster is a calculated CRIMINAL how can he expalin that he was just duped and is solicicting for help ? again ?personally i think he just looking for letter of invitation and must first seek sampathy .His story was a cock and bull stories u can go and tell that to the marines ? He said the money was paid at one the first bank branches in Lagos and he reside also in Lagos and EFCC office is in Ikoyi so what is waiting for ? what i expected from him was to get the address of the GHOST lady and get back his money if he really parted such money
One more questions is what was the idea of getting visa u think visa are for the higest bidder what did the Lady told u ?I choose to call her Lady because Women do not duped
The poser is not teling the whaole truth how did he get the So called Agent number and why can't he apprehed the agent because his an accomplice
People should not just seek public sampathy due to the lackdasical atitiude
Any the story is not true

Dear Steeee, I must say thanks on your response to my threat, your opinion was never a surprise to me because I know in nairaland most people like you never thought it wise to think wide before making response. I still believe that been as it may, it is important we take our time to ready carefully through every threat on the nairaland before making our response in other not to make us look stupid and senseless before other members of this great house.

How on earth will you think that people posting threat on nairaland can just wake up one morning and decide posting cock and bull threat does that actually make any sense to you? Like you said on your response, I quote, "the poster is a calculated CRIMINAL how can he expalin that he was just duped and is solicicting for help ? again ?personally i think he just looking for letter of invitation and must first seek sampathy".

Do you think if my intension was basically because of an INVITATION LETTER I wouldn't have just come straight open before nairalanders and beg directly for that INVITATION LETTER rather than tell cock and bull stories?. The motive behind my threat is not because I wanted nairalander to have sympathy for me but because I know so well that there are lots of niaralander like me out there who have stronger zeal and desire of traveling overseas but has no knowledge of what it takes to obtain a visa. In other for these zealous young men and women not to find themselfs in the same situation that I have gone through. I therefore deemed it wise to post my threat for every nairalanders to see and know that there are some unstrepolous elements out there who are ever ready to rip off their hard earned money.

More so, I never mentioned in my threat that the money was paid in one of the first bank branches in Lagos but I made it clear to all nairalanders that the money was paid into her First bank account and to be specific Coker Branch Lagos, for some personal reasons I felt it will to include her account number and other details along side but for you Mr. Steeee below is her full account information you can go make every enquiries for yourself Acc. #: 1573010146088, First Bank Plc, Coker Branch, lagos. Roseline Ifeoma Obayan.

Like I said before now Steeee, Please always take your time to carefully read through peoples threat before contributing your own opinion Ok. I guess if you were to be in my shores you would still have been in the dark till this very moment because you wouldn't have thought of finding ways to get the Agent number since you were denied of it by the lady rather you would have high hopes and keeping on waiting for another 10years for an uncoming visa which you paid for since December in 2007 till this very moment. , Please don't just come up here with senseless and unusefull wright up simply because you want to be noticed thereby saying things got no evidence of, not every one come up here to tell cock and bull stories please.

With these few explanations of mine, am very sure that i have been able to convince everyone on nairaland beyond doubt that my threats are no cock and bull stories, they are truth and nothing but the truth.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by steeee(m): 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2008
Dear Mr Primewatch ,
Thank you for bringing out evidence like these ,
At least what we all want is Better Nigeria where FRUAD will be drastically reduced
I bet you your defruaded will never go FREE becuse i will put in my best to make sure people like these are apprehend
Sorry if i have doubts ,all these, while I advise u to have tenacity to suspious of any move or moves where they are demaning money for FAVOURS are been done . You have to know where u are . U know since the war of Internet scammers by EFCC ,we now have so many local sacmmers, some will tell you all sort of stories ,But PLEASE do not part with any money
Be rest assured that Mrs Obayan will be trialed
Accept my assurances of the higest esteem
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by brownbonno(m): 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2008
@Poster,
Its a shame you called yourself a graduate and a simple con took 300k from you.Even with all the traceable detail she gave to you,you are still here soliciting for another con to rip you off of your life.
Don;t tell you graduated from a University,yet you can;t fish the dupe out.Shame Shame Shame.
You have this shameless attitude to display her Bank Account here,what NL do for you torecover your money.
ADVICE

Write a petition to the commission of police Lagos state and narrate your story,firstly report it to your nearest police station and get the crime report number in the petition.
If no response after 2 weeks send another reminder.

Step 2

After 3 weeks write a letter to the Bank Branch office and copy the head office of your story,and allege that the woman used the bank Account to defraud you of your money.(enclose copies of your deposit transactions).

Act as an educated person and stop seeking for sympathy.
Cheers
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by Pennywise(m): 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2008
This is a textbook case of 419. Poster/victim himself was criminalized ab initio by accepting to make a fake passport for himself. No doubt roseline and the Abuja connection were working hand in hand.

Now the 300k. I figure you could spend 50-100k to recover this much. In the process you might create serious problems worth 600k or much more. Some problems cant even be quantified in monetary terms. So, omo make you chill afterall pple dey go market lost wetin pass that one. Pple get robbed and every day, accidents happen and people lose money.

You have to learn from your mistake.Because who lose 300k fit lose 3m. It is a matter of what is available.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by brownbonno(m): 4:22pm On Jun 01, 2008
Pennywise:

This is a textbook case of 419. Poster/victim himself was criminalized ab initio by accepting to make a fake passport for himself. No doubt roseline and the Abuja connection were working hand in hand.

Now the 300k. I figure you could spend 50-100k to recover this much. In the process you might create serious problems worth 600k or much more. Some problems can't even be quantified in monetary terms. So, omo make you chill afterall people dey go market lost wetin pass that one. Pple get robbed and every day, accidents happen and people lose money.

You have to learn from your mistake.Because who lose 300k fit lose 3m. It is a matter of what is available.

Pocket lawyer,this how you allow Naija remain the way it is today.Shame.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by Pennywise(m): 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2008
brownbonno:

Pocket lawyer,this how you allow Naija remain the way it is today.Shame.
See who want save Nigeria from one small london room.Ok. Anyway thank you for raising me to the status of a lawyer.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by brownbonno(m): 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2008
Ok.Yahoo boy

Pennywise:

See who want save Nigeria from one small london room.

How i wish  smiley
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by Pennywise(m): 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2008
brownbonno:

How i wish smiley

'How I wish' you dey london. See am, agege rascal.
Re: I Was Duped Of 300k For A Uk Visa by brownbonno(m): 4:57pm On Jun 01, 2008
Pennywise:

'How I wish' you dey london. See am, agege rascal.

U go school sef ?Shame on your interpretation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Do I Get To Teslim Balogun Stadium From Mile 2: Lagos / Is Anyone Know How To Get Visa And Flight To Panama From Nigeria / Albania And Moldova Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.