Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

2017/2018 List Of Low Tuition Universities In Canada Plus Contact Information - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2017/2018 List Of Low Tuition Universities In Canada Plus Contact Information (3845 Views)

Low Tuition Universities In UK For International Student / List Of Low Tuition Universities In Poland / Low Tuition Universities: List Of Countries With Low Tuition Fees. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2017/2018 List Of Low Tuition Universities In Canada Plus Contact Information by Engineer11985(m): 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2017
Some time ago I prepared an article on low tuition universities in Canada for international students and I got lots of comments and feedback from people. If you have not gone through this article, kindly click here to access it. Today, I want to provide a comprehensive list of universities in Canada with their current tuition fees and contact information. Some schools in Canada are very expensive, but the good news is that, there are cheap and affordable ones where tuition fees range from $5,000 to $10,000 per year. Please note that these figures we will be using in this article are all in Canadian dollars. As at the time of writing this post, 1 Canadian Dollars equals 0.79 United States Dollars. Before I provide a list of low tuition universities in Canada, as always I will like to talk about the cost of living, intake periods, visa requirements and other stuff. So let’s start with cost of living in Canada.

Cost of living in Canada

Cost of living in Canada is a slightly higher than other countries. Students will need approximately $800 to $1200 per month to cover for expenses like accommodation, food, transportation etc. Cities like Vancouver and Calgary are very expensive and you may need to raise your budget to $1500 to be able to live in these cities. As I always say, cost of living is dependent on factors the spending habit of the student and city he/she lives. So don’t allow these big figures scare you. If you are the frugal type, you may live on less.
Let’s break it down…….

Accommodation costs
In Canada, there are many housing options to choose from, and an equally diverse price range. The prices range from $250 to $800 per month as can be seen below:
• Student residences: prices are between $250 – $625 per month
• University-provided home stays usually: rates start from $400 and can lead to $800 per month.
• Share an apartment: $250 – $700 per month, prices for rent depend on location and facilities.

Feeding

Food is not expensive in Canada, expect to spend between $200 to $250 per month for shopping from the local supermarkets and groceries. Some of the cheapest supermarkets you can find all over Canada are Canadian Superstore, Walmart, No Frills.
If you wish to eat in a restaurant, you will have to pay around $10 – $25. A three-course meal for two in a mid-range restaurant will cost $60.

Transportation
Students enrolled in a Canadian university aged between 18 and 25 will benefit from discounts when purchasing the monthly transport pass.
• The total price of a transport pass is $91 per month, while a one-way ticket is worth $3 per month
• Taxis are also a common way of transport all over Canada and fares are between $2 and $6 per/ km.

Admission intake periods

Almost all programs in Canadian institutions have 3 intakes in a year. These three intakes are winter, spring and fall. You will need to contact the school and find out the available intake periods for your program. You can do this by calling or sending a mail to the admissions department. Remember that you need to apply as early as possible, for instance, if your program intake period is by January (winter), ensure that you apply 6 to 8 months in advance so you will have enough time to process your visa.

Work while studying
International students are allowed to work while studying in Canada. You can work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks (for example, winter and summer holidays, and spring break). A work permit does not guarantee that you will find a job. It is your responsibility to look for work. Even if you work off campus, your studies must be the main reason you are in Canada.
Read more: http://www.study-domain.com/2017-2018-list-of-low-tuition-universities-in-canada-plus-contact-information/

Re: 2017/2018 List Of Low Tuition Universities In Canada Plus Contact Information by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
You didn't list the schools

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 List Of Low Tuition Universities In Canada Plus Contact Information by yumyom4u(m): 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2019
wow, this is the best info that i need currently i dont know if their is any means i can reach the author of this info. thanks...

(1) (Reply)

10 World’s Oldest Cities (pictures) / How Many Hours Journey From Akwa Ibom To Ibadan? / Need Help With Letter Of Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.