Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

ASUU Strike Might End Next Week-suswam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Might End Next Week-suswam (751 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike Might End Next Week-suswam by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 03, 2013
Governor Gabriel
Suswam of Benue
State on Friday
expressed the
optimism that the
ongoing industrial
action by
members of the
Academic Staff
Union of
Universities might
end in the next
one week.
Suswam, who is
the chairman of
the National
Economic
Empowerment
Development
Strategy
Assessment
Implementation
Committee of the
universities, spoke
with journalists
shortly after a
meeting with
President Goodluck
Jonathan at the
Presidential Villa,
Abuja.
He said, “I want to
say that we are
having negotiation
with ASUU. In the
next one or two
weeks, we should be
able to arrive at
something that will
necessitate them
calling off the strike,
once we are able to
agree with them on
all issues that they
have raised.
“So far, there are
only two outstanding
issues, the NEEDS
assessment and the
earned allowances.
The NEEDS
assessment which
I’m handling, we
have virtually
concluded. I think by
next week, it will be
definite.
“The earned
allowance, the SGF is
still holding meeting
(with them), I believe
that in the next one
week, given the
seriousness of the
issue, we will be able
to come to some
level of agreement
with ASUU, which will
probably lead to
calling off the strike.
Re: ASUU Strike Might End Next Week-suswam by femility(m): 7:39am On Aug 03, 2013
Re: ASUU Strike Might End Next Week-suswam by soundtruth(m): 7:45am On Aug 03, 2013
we have heard, 2 weeks ko?
Re: ASUU Strike Might End Next Week-suswam by Starchick(f): 7:50am On Aug 03, 2013
I hope so o
Re: ASUU Strike Might End Next Week-suswam by Mikkydo(m): 8:05am On Aug 03, 2013
Who is decieving who Our government are so callous and insensitive just has ASUU as regarded dem 2 b. ASUU 2 is also greedy seeking d satisfaction of dier pockets without caring for d future of Nigeria student. My fellow student i can see destinies at stake during d course of dis useless strike. God pls intervene.
Re: ASUU Strike Might End Next Week-suswam by olamidarsenal(m): 8:06am On Aug 03, 2013
They ar all stupid
Re: ASUU Strike Might End Next Week-suswam by slap1(m): 9:23am On Aug 03, 2013
Na so them talk last time. . . I come rock six months for house!
Re: ASUU Strike Might End Next Week-suswam by Dubemkelly(m): 10:30am On Aug 03, 2013
Talk is cheap. O.Y.O
Re: ASUU Strike Might End Next Week-suswam by Osgilliat(m): 11:10am On Aug 03, 2013
its time for revolution to come to our rescue. am tired of listening to this government crab. it pains me alot to see that we youth are no more concern with the way we are being treated,instead we are busy comparing davidos gurlfriend with wizkid's,comparing musician wealth and yet we keep lamenting.HAVE I SPOKEN WELL?#teamrevo
Re: ASUU Strike Might End Next Week-suswam by Forzap: 11:11am On Aug 03, 2013
Everytime nxt week,their mata don taya me jare,God punish dem all!!

(1) (Reply)

Oau Departmental Cutoff Mark / SOS: Before I Apply To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria / Why ASUU May Never Call Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.