Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,163 members, 7,845,826 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Oboabona Denies Arsenal Link - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oboabona Denies Arsenal Link (516 Views)

Oboabona Denies Receiving Arsenal Invitation For A Trial / Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oboabona Denies Arsenal Link by bankoleben(m): 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
Nigerian club Sunshine Stars say English Premier League side Arsenal have never asked them to take Godfrey Oboabona on trial.

Media speculation last week
suggested not only did the Nigeria defender turn down the offer of a trial and but he criticised manager Arsene Wenger too.
"I never said anything about a highly respected manager like Mr Wenger showing me a lack of respect," he said.

Oboabona also says he was not aware of any invitation for a trial.

"I have had so many text messages, phone calls about it - the rumour that I was invited on trial was not true - I only read about it like everyone else," he explained to the BBC.

"I've always said I will take my time, focus on my development as a player and continue to give my best in every game. "At the appropriate time, when clubs must have seen me well enough, they will hopefully approach Sunshine Stars in Nigeria.

"My desire is to grow every day, sadly all the things written about Arsenal did not come from me."

The 22-year-old played a big part in Nigeria's victorious 2013 Africa Cup of Nations campaign and was also part of their Confederations Cup squad. He was an integral part of Nigeria's qualification for the African Nations Championship, the continent's tournament for locally based players only, for the first ever time.

The Sunshine Stars' chairman Mike Idoko also insisted there has been no approach from Arsenal.

"It all began in the media and ends there," he told BBC Sport. "If there was any substance to the
story, we expect Arsenal would
approach his club first. "We haven't had any official communication with Arsenal or any Premier League club about [Godfrey] Oboabona."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23560257

(1) (Reply)

Radamel Falcao's Move To Monaco Will Boost Colombia / Amazing!!! A 25-year Old Nigerian Female Invented A Power-charging Football / TRAGIC!! Micheal Essien Loses Dad..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.