Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,629 members, 7,955,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP (3909 Views)

P1349 Code On 2002 2azfe Toyota Camry / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread / P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by flexya: 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2013
I recently got hold of a QX56 but it had a P0335 code on the SES light. I checked this out and found it to be a crankshaft position sensor(CPS) circuit malfuntion. I checked all the wirin leadin and connectors to the CPS and found them to be good. SO I got a new cps from nissan. I installed it and reset the SES. The SES light went off but came back on wen i switched off d ignition and restarted d enfine. I then researched the issue further and found an Infiniti bulletin for this code (ITB08-043). It suggested dat d crankshaft position sensor looks identical to the camshaft position sensors and could av been wrongly installed in d past. Problem i av now is, I cant find the camshaft position sensors on the engine despite the bulletin indicatin that it should be by the front of the cylinders. Both ought to be visible and only held in place with single 10mm bolts

Does anyone av any pix. Could they be anywhere else? Could the problem be anytig else?

Was speakin to Nissparts about it last week but av not heard from him in a while. I guess he is busy or not around

Its a 05 Infiniti qx56 with a v8.The suv runs well other than the occasional hard start (2-3attempts)

Thanks
Re: P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by nissparts(m): 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
Your model has only one cam sensor and it should be at the rear of the engine.
I dont think that's the problem though
Re: P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by flexya: 5:21am On Aug 04, 2013
nissparts: Your model has only one cam sensor and it should be at the rear of the engine.
I dont think that's the problem though

Ok. Thot u said 1 crank and 2cams in d mail b4. Wat do u think is d problem then. Nice to av u back grin
Re: P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by flexya: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2013
@Nisspart. THANKS, I found the camshaft sensor and just as the bulletin suggested,, they fitted a crank position sensor (SGvb004) instead of the camshaft sensor (SGIB000). They look identical. In essence, I could have 2 perfectly workin crankshaft sensor spare (since i had initially replaced this). But before i rush off to Nissan, I wish to know wat else u say might be the reason for my code (comes wit the vdc and slip lights).

PS: Is it normal for the camshaft sensor to av oil over it cos the cranksensor did not

Thank u. Much appreciated
Re: P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by nissparts(m): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2013
My suspicion, especially if there is a mark on the removed crankshaft sensor, is that the crankshaft itself has a fault.
However, I prefer simpler options first so you can go ahead with the camshaft sensor replacement.
Either sensor can have oil on it.
Re: P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by flexya: 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
nissparts: My suspicion, especially if there is a mark on the removed crankshaft sensor, is that the crankshaft itself has a fault.
However, I prefer simpler options first so you can go ahead with the camshaft sensor replacement.
Either sensor can have oil on it.

Thanks. No marks on either sensor. Will keep u informed
Re: P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
I believe your engine is VK and not VQ. With the VK the IVT, Cam and Crank sensors are usually misdiagnosed. Could you post the VIN if you don't mind?
Re: P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by flexya: 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
5N3AA08A24N807470
Re: P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
flexya: 5N3AA08A24N807470
First, let's identify your vehicle
Year: 2004
Model: Qx56
Exterior Colour: Liquid Onyx (G10)--Black
Interior Colour: Graphite
Body: Wagon
Engine: VK56DE
Drive: 2 Wheel Drive
Grade: LE
Trans: 5 Auto Trans
Second, depending on models Nissan/Infiniti interchanges the names of these three sensors: the Camshaft Position Sensor, Crankshaft Position Sensor, and Intake Valve Timing Control Sensor (IVT or VTC). They are all identical and so are their part codes.
Camshaft: 23731m & 23731MA
Crankshaft: 23731T; 23731TA; & 23731U
IVT/VTC: 23731Y
Hence a car might need a camshaft part number, and in another the same part number is for a crankshaft sensor. However we'll discountenance the IVT because it applies to the QX56 from 2007.
Now, the part number for the error code pulled by your vehicle (P0350) is 23731-AL61A (new) or 23731-7Y001 (old) for the crank sensor which is underneath the vehicle in the transmission area. [Cf.this same part number is applicable for example to the Bank 2 camshaft sensor of my 2006 Maxima with error code p0345!).If you intend to also change your camshaft sensor along with your crankshaft sensor (and I'd advise that option) then the part number required is 23731-5M006, the error code of which would have been P0340.
In sum, unlike other models, your vehicle uses a single camshaft sensor and a single crankshaft sensor.
Re: P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by flexya: 8:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
@costtee. Thanks. Pls r u on whatsapp or bb. Would be easier. Do u av access to this infiniti bulletin- (ITB08-043).

08023078711 for whatsapp
Re: P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
flexya: @costtee. Do u av access to this infiniti bulletin- (ITB08-043).

08023078711 for whatsapp
I do. But the only thing it does is to warn of not confusing the crankshaft sensor with the camshaft sensor, even though they look alike.lol
Re: P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by flexya: 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
Update: Problem solved

After replacin the cranjshaft position sensor due to the p0335 code, the problem still remained ie the SES light, VDC and SLIp light all remained on. I then discovered that both the crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor looked identical but worked together. The difference is so subtle, its easily missed.Infact, in some models, Nissan used them interchangeably eg what is a camshaft sensor on a armada will be a crankshaft sensor on a maxima. In the end, I also replaced the camshaft sensor as I discovered that wat was there, was infact a crankshaft sensor. So whoever worked on it previously wasnt aware of the difference. He used 2 of d same sensor. With both sensors replaced, i reset the SES and that was dat. Infact the noise i thot was v8 grunt in gear 1, has disappeared. Note that my qx56 only had one camshaft sensor. Some models av 2. Thanks to everywhere for postin.
Re: P0335 Code On A Infiniti. NISSPART: HELP by benfed: 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
flexya: Update: Problem solved

After replacin the cranjshaft position sensor due to the p0335 code, the problem still remained ie the SES light, VDC and SLIp light all remained on. I then discovered that both the crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor looked identical but worked together. The difference is so subtle, its easily missed.Infact, in some models, Nissan used them interchangeably eg what is a camshaft sensor on a armada will be a crankshaft sensor on a maxima. In the end, I also replaced the camshaft sensor as I discovered that wat was there, was infact a crankshaft sensor. So whoever worked on it previously wasnt aware of the difference. He used 2 of d same sensor. With both sensors replaced, i reset the SES and that was dat. Infact the noise i thot was v8 grunt in gear 1, has disappeared. Note that my qx56 only had one camshaft sensor. Some models av 2. Thanks to everywhere for postin.
Welldone my broda. U did noble. Dis is hw threads are supposed to go. At least u came back to tell us how d problem was resolved. And u were also detailed. I hope other members will emulate dis

(1) (Reply)

Advise On Buying A Toyota Camry 2007 / With Toyota, All Things Are Possible / DIY: Replacing Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 On A V6 1998 Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.