Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,169 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389833 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Adulphus(m): 8:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
Slashing of money has nothing to do with the,Panel interview because during my interview, there never told me dat my money is to much for the biz. They told me to keep the vision alive and dat they will give me the grant but I was astonished whn I learnt that my sealed grant was 5.5m instead of 9.7m. One guy I met at the FMF was given 2m out of 10m he applied for and One Lady was given 8m out of 10m. Pls my brothers na God & I still give thanks to Him.

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by omode2(m): 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
Adulphus:
Slashing of money has nothing to do with the,Panel interview because during my interview, there never told me dat my money is to much for the biz. They told me to keep the vision alive and dat they will give me the grant but I was astonished whn I learnt that my sealed grant was 5.5m instead of 9.7m. One guy I met at the FMF was given 2m out of 10m he applied for and One Lady was given 8m out of 10m. Pls my brothers na God & I still give thanks to Him.
you guys shd be happy wt d money isnt it free money? Its your ability to multiply it dt matters. At all at all na him bad o!

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2014
omode2:
you guys shd be happy wt d money isnt it free money? Its your ability to multiply it dt matters. At all at all na him bad o!

no. it is not like that.

we made business plan presentations. we state the exact amount we needed. they approved and called us awardees.... now the story is changing by giving us less than budget.

imagine having a business plan with equipment cost of N4m and raw materials of 2m minimum. these does not include payroll and other costs. if the applicant requests for 8m but is given only 3m, tell me what he can do with the money given.

this grant slicing is already killing some business plans from the start.

there might be some plans that are evidently not requiring much funds...but not all these cut and paste.

am in abuja waiting for the morn

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 11:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
omode2:

Yes it's free money; for people that never invested any of their own TIME, ENERGY and MONEY into the process.

Yes it's free money; for people who have no clue about their business proposal because maybe they never wrote any part of it or never really intended doing the business.

Yes it's free money; for those that don't have the slightest clue of the worth of TIME. Do you think the time invested in the YouWin application processes is recyclable?

If the goverment have the capacity and the resources to create the benefits our businesses is bringing to the table, why would they bother with anything like YouWin?

No! They are not giving us free money, they are only leveraging our innovations and enterprises.

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 3:24am On Oct 22, 2014
no need to argue this, youwin ALWAYS price businesses down since Youwin 1, ask previous awardees. you wrote what you WANT, experts analyzed your proposal and came up with what they think you NEED, like we were told yesterday, if you think the reviewed sum is too small for your proposed business, DO NOT sign the agreement.

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 7:53am On Oct 22, 2014
Dairy of events today at FMF.

Got there early... Met people there grin

Youwin started a little bit late. We got called in some minutes past the 7.30

You get your serial number on the wall and proceed to sit down gently.

There are 8 teams doing the validation and agreement signing. Each has to handle 29 candidates.

More updates will follow

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 8:23am On Oct 22, 2014
Few nairalanders here... Most don't comment frequently on this thread but they are very nice and warm people.

It's an honour meeting you all in person.

We have not started yet... Just sitting down. Youwin staff still preparing documents...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 9:17am On Oct 22, 2014
@ Dennis tanx bro 4 d info... Nice one... Wishing u all d very best.. God's favour all d way...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 9:41am On Oct 22, 2014
Validation started....

Opening discussions on we sticking to milestones... Grant not to marry a new wife etc.

serious business....

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 22, 2014
Denn:
Validation started....

Opening discussions on we sticking to milestones... Grant not to marry a new wife etc.

serious business....

Is that the reason they are slashing so hard and probably ruining the dream people had in their hearts for their businesses?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by 4tunebest(f): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2014
Glory be to God Almighty. The one who gave me all I asked for from YouWIN. May His name be praised forever

4 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by TAJIBADE: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2014
From 9.5 to 6. My father am still forever grateful cos i know u would lead and multiply my business. Validation was smooth. Take all u have and der would be no problem.

4 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 22, 2014
4tunebest:
Glory be to God Almighty. The one who gave me all I asked for from YouWIN. May His name be praised forever

You mean you got all the money. Pls if you don't mind how much was it?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2014
blink182:
Is that the reason they are slashing so hard and probably ruining the dream people had in their hearts for their businesses?

Well can you blame them. Previous awardees use the funds to get married, build new houses, travel on expensive foreign trips....I even heard of one that just got the cash and relocated straight to South Africa. So can you really blame them. Dem done wise upcheesy

Am sure most of the peeps who did that were sounding sincere and genuine like you guys here now. That's human nature for you
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 22, 2014
Donxavier:

Well can you blame them. Previous awardees use the funds to get married, build new houses, travel on expensive foreign trips....I even heard of one that just got the cash and relocated straight to South Africa. So can you really blame them. Dem done wise upcheesy

Am sure most of the peeps who did that were sounding sincere and genuine like you guys here now. That's human nature for you
lol
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2014
Information from 'madam leave'

Your grant is the average of the comments by the interviewers decision.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 11:16am On Oct 22, 2014
@Denn, interesting........
Are you tru with your own... How was it. Hop u got all you applied for...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2014
chukwuka12:
@Denn, interesting........
Are you tru with your own... How was it. Hop u got all you applied for...

Still waiting o...

I am part of the last set on my team
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 12:12pm On Oct 22, 2014
Done...

I got 100%

4 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
Denn:
Done...

I got 100%

Correct. How much?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
Donxavier:

Correct. How much?

10m

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Ibrahym(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2014
Denn:
Done...

I got 100%

Congrats!
Good luck with you business, and will keep in touch.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ibrahym:

Congrats!
Good luck with you business, and will keep in touch.

Thanks buddy.... Wish you the same too
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ariduz: 1:00pm On Oct 22, 2014
@ Denn, congrat bro.. so happy 4 u.. positive news u brought here.. still have to wait till saturday for my verification.. anyway, Wld love 2 have a chat with you outside here 2 ask few questions..
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2014
Denn:
Information from 'madam leave'

Your grant is the average of the comments by the interviewers decision.

Dennis who is madam leave?? So the interview plays a role too in d amount u get shocked
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
chukwuka12:

Dennis who is madam leave?? So the interview plays a role too in d amount u get shocked

madam leave is the nickname i gave to the man who coordinated today's process. He was insistent on people leaving immediately they are validated. goodbyes to friends were not allowed.

The man bellows 'madam Leave!!!'
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
ariduz:
@ Denn, congrat bro.. so happy 4 u.. positive news u brought here.. still have to wait till saturday for my verification.. anyway, Wld love 2 have a chat with you outside here 2 ask few questions..

no problem... i am always available...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ariduz: 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
@ denn, pls buzz me on 08033682759 or bbm: 2baba2e7.. regards
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ABHAKS: 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
uefa
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
Una well done o house, I dey greet.

I've got a prposal for you guys especially those who want to have an online platform for their business and drive tones of traffic to their websites. I'll come back later and let me know if anyone is interested.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 8:13am On Oct 23, 2014
cheesy
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2014
So this is what I have:

The future of your business that you take online depends on your ability to get people (Traffic) to your website and CONVERT them into paying customers.

If you understand that this is the single most important marketing activity you need to learn, cultivate, apply, systematize and automate – and you are willing to spend (prepay) just N5000 per month, first 6 months down (there's a reason for this, let's talk on phone)...

I will give you and your business everything you need to dramatically kickstart your online success and then finally skyrocket your business into positive cashflow and improve your current Sales and Profits.

Guys I got mad after panel interview, dusted my business and I'm not doing bad at all!

Stay blessed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.