Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,287 members, 7,780,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:44 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (409906 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:09am On Oct 31, 2013
Hello, I am opening this thread to create a meeting point for people who are publishing books on Kindle –Amazon’s Direct Publishing Platform. Those who want to learn about it are also welcome.

I’ve been on KDP for over a year now and I can honestly say it is the most convenient way to make money on the internet. It has more advantages than any other online money making system that I know (I know what I’m saying). Started internet business in 2009 and I’ve done almost everything, Adsense, Adsense domain, blogging, CPA, affiliate marketing, article writing and more.

Kindle will not make you rich overnight but IT CAN MAKE YOU RICH. I love it because it is a set-it-and-forget-it system. Once your books are up, you do not have to do anything again. Amazon will publish it, market it and send you your monthly payments for life and I really mean for life. The books I put up in 2012 are still generating sales up till today.

I uploaded my first book middle of June 2012 and another one a week later. My sales that month were $151 in the USA marketplace and £9 in UK and I have not stopped since. Now I have close to 30 books in the system. They would have been more but there were some challenges on the way – all of which we have overcome as of now. (By the way I had 11 Adsense websites up till 2012 but I had to let the hosting expire because I discovered KDP).

I have books that sold more than 400 copies in one month (at $2+ profit per sale) and some that only sold a few. However, it has been an interesting journey and we are still going on. I started by doing most of the work by myself but later moved into outsourcing.

I have searched on Nairaland and I am surprised that people are not talking about Kindle publishing. If you have been struggling to make some cash online, this may be the thing that will give you your first taste of success.

Kindle publishing is completely legal, you will use your real names, no changing of IP address and your money will be sent to you here in Nigeria.

If you are ready to do the work and get good books into the KDP system, the rewards are truly tremendous. I sleep and wake up to check the number of people that have bought my books in countries I have never been to.

UPDATE: 7:58 pm 31/10/13

QUICK TIPS
One thing I like about Kindle Publishing is that no one can swindle you – no apologies to our so called Naija information marketers.

I am going to make a few more points before we continue. If I get a lot of responses on this thread, we are going to have an interesting journey together.

1) Get Ready To Do Some Work. Kindle publishing is not for people who are not ready to work. If you do not have money to outsource the books, you must be ready to research, write, format, design covers and upload all by yourself. Even if you have the cash of outsourcing, you must cross-check every material carefully before uploading to KDP.

2) Be Patient. You can make some good money with your first book but it is not always so. I usually advice beginners to go for 5 books at the start. The internet marketing world is filled with people who want to make $1000 overnight. No matter how good the system you are using is, time is needed to perfect your skills and make the system work for you. At the end of the day the rewards will be tremendous.

3) Don’t Cut Corners. In the IM world, we have what we call White hat, Grey hat and Black hat. I am happy to tell you that KDP is totally WHITE HAT. You cannot cut any corners. If you mess with them by trying to upload stolen materials, you will be banned (Some of you may remember the Adsense Domain Mass banning). Of course, they will give you the chance to defend yourself but since you will not have any proof, your account may be suspended.

PS- You don’t need to play any tricks with KDP. If you do it right, you will be greatly rewarded. There are many stories I can tell you. There was a particular book I uploaded around September 2012. It was selling the normal 30 to 40 copies per month. Suddenly in December, the sales picked up and it continued up till March this year with the lowest month bringing in about 259 sales.

4) Your Income Is Guaranteed. Once your book is uploaded, you will continue to get paid as long as it sells. All the work you will do is at the beginning then you continue to have recurrent income.

5) You Do Not Have To Do Any Marketing. I have books in various genres and no external marketing has been done on them. Nothing like Twitter, Facebook, blogging bla bla bla. Everything you need is inside the Amazon system.

6) Starting Is the Hardest Part – Once you understand the system, you can be uploading as many books as you like per week or per month. One of the people that started with me has over 50 books already and all his income comes from Amazon (here in Nigeria). Imagine 50 books making just 10 sales each per month. If your profit is $2 per book, that is $1000/month. The more books you upload, the more money you will make. One of my American friends has over 100 books in his account and he’s presently building up his wife’s account to the same number.

UPDATE 2 02/11/2013

THE BASICS OF KINDLE DIRECT PUBLISHING

Step 1. Register
Go over to kdp.amazondotcom (replace dot with .) and open an account. This first step is necessary so you can commit yourself to the project.
-Use an email that you open frequently because they will communicate with you.
-Use your real names, real Nigerian address and other relevant details.

Step 2. Research
Research is one of the crucial aspects of success with Kindle Direct Publishing
Go to Google and enter Amazon Bestsellers in the search box. Click on the Amazon bestseller result to go to Amazon.
Once you are there, click on the kindle category, then kindle eBooks and start searching for books that are selling.
There are other research methods but this is my favorite.

Step 3. Write Or Outsource The Content
Get materials and write quality content for your books. The content must be original or your book will not be published. Ensure you proofread properly. Kindle readers will kill you with bad reviews if there are a lot of errors.

Step 4. Design A Cover
Just check other books in the category you chose and make a similar cover.

Step 5. Format The Book Properly
Formatting is another aspect that can easily mar your work. In fact some people are offering this service online and they are making a lot of money from it. You need to know the right way to format so the book will work well on different types of mobile devices apart from the Kindle Reader. Amazon provides extensive information on this topic.

Step 6. Write A Good Description

This is self explanatory. Your description could be two or three paragraphs or more. This is what will represent your sales page so you need to do it well.

Step 7. Upload Your Book To KDP

At This Point I Will Need Questions So We Can Continue.
This is just a 5% summary of what it takes to make it in Kindle.
If you are following this thread, you can start your own Kindle journey immediately and I’ll assist as much as I can. If you just want to “gist”, I will not have much time for you

UPDATE 3 08/11/2013

ONE-ON-ONE TRAINING

I have been receiving several emails from people who want one-on-one training so I've decided to provide the information here.
Previously, this training was N25,000. However, in the spirit of what we are doing on this thread, a lower price will be accepted.
This training is for those that want KDP to pay their salary every month.

FEE For One Day One-On-One Training: N20,000
BENEFITS:

About 8 hours of practical training covering

1. Research for finding the right keywords for creating books that sell
2. Getting content for your books
3. Writing skills and tricks
4. How to avoid plagiarism
5. Professional kindle formatting
-page setup, font, clickable table of content etc
6. Simple but effective cover design
7. Simple marketing tricks that will ensure every book gives you money each month.
8. Outsourcing
-Putting up a good job post on the freelance website
- how to get good writers at low prices
-how to check their work properly
9. Easy way to get your payment in Nigeria every month.
10. A DVD of over 2GIG of the best kindle publishing training materials that I have. (Includes videos and eBooks)
11. Follow up support for the first 3 months after your training

I am located in Lagos
Contact 247article@gmail.com
My phone number will be given to those who are ready.

UPDATE 5 - JULY, 2020 ONE-ON-ONE TRAINING IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Disregard The Information Below

UPDATE 4 30/06/2015
ONE-ON-ONE TRAINING MODIFICATION

After due consideration I have decided to stop the one-on-one training officially by the end of this month (June 30 2015). It is creating too much work for me. I now have many people that I have to follow up and give support to and I want to conserve my resources.

Anyone who comes after this month will have to pay at least N50,000 to make it worthwhile for me. Price for the DVD of materials is also raised to N20,000 for the same reason because I provide the same support to those who order only the DVD.

I will still continue to answer your questions on this thread and through email as much as I can.

Thank you.

34 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Afrocatalyst: 9:37am On Oct 31, 2013
Interesting. How do you go about ISBN registeration. Do u do it here in naija since Kindle is international?

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:40am On Oct 31, 2013
Afrocatalyst: Interesting. How do you go about ISBN registeration. Do u do it here in naija since Kindle is international?

You do not need ISBN Amazon will do everything for you.Just upload your content and cover.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Ozat: 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
Am really interested. Please explain to ♍ how to get started.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ozat: Am really interested. Please explain to ♍ how to get started.
I will b updating more info later.If u are in a hurry, send an email 2 d gmail Accnt in my profile for quicker response.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Adinije(f): 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
I am interested in the KDP. so how do u market ur book? or will amazon do the marketing?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
Adinije: I am interested in the KDP. so how do u market ur book? or will amazon do the marketing?

You do zero marketing. Amazon does it all.They have the largest email database of customers.once ur book is published they start sending out emails to people searching for similar topics.You are also given 5 free promotion days if you join KDP select (explanations later).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kevoneal: 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pls kindly give me details here-eseosek@yahoo.com. Thank You
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
Hello OP, how do get the ecover of your Kindle books? Do you know how I can do this by myself?

regards

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
hamlak: Hello OP, how do get the ecover of your Kindle books? Do you know how I can do this by myself?

regards

I use Corel Draw and Adobe Photoshop.

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 11:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
mk82:

I use Corel Draw and Adobe Photoshop.

I do not have the above skills. Is there any online software / Generators
that can help me make out good looking ecovers?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jamace(m): 1:04am On Nov 01, 2013
I love this. Following keenly. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:13am On Nov 01, 2013
hamlak:

I do not have the above skills. Is there any online software / Generators
that can help me make out good looking ecovers?

I don't offer this service.you can get designers on odesk or fiverr.Its not difficult to learn those packages if u really want this to be ur main biz.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Adinije(f): 10:57am On Nov 01, 2013
@mk82, thanks for ur reply. what about proofreading and editing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by arbitrage: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2013
mk82: I have searched on Nairaland and I am surprised that people are not talking about Kindle publishing. If you have been struggling to make some cash online, this may be the thing that will give you your first taste of success.

Someone actually opened a thread several months ago, if not last year, and promised to dish out the guide step by step. Many responses came in as we followed him like twitter after his preamble. That was the last of the guy on this thread. Thank you for belling the cat again.

By the way, when you talk of your numerous books, are you referring to books in terms of a book with several hundreds of pages like hardcopy textbooks and novels we see around or just few pages of articles written on certain topics of interest? I mean, must the book be of several pages with tables of contents or just article materials of few pages? Can I publish my written textbooks/novels that are awaiting publication in the KDP? Will they accept such big books since it is of hundreds of pages with academically biased contents (diagrams, tables and illustrations)?

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 11:08am On Nov 01, 2013
mk82:
I don't offer this service.you can get designers on odesk or fiverr.Its not difficult to learn those packages if u really want this to be ur main biz.

@ mk82, you spoke so well. I think I have to acquire these skills since it is what I plan to do going forward.
Thx so much for your wisdom and for this thread.

wishing you more success.

Pls keep posting. I will be following and someday I can share my success here.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:43am On Nov 01, 2013
Adinije: @mk82, thanks for ur reply. what about proofreading and editing
I do my own proofreading/ editing. You can also outsource.

arbitrage:

Someone actually opened a thread several months ago, if not last year, and promised to dish out the guide step by step. Many responses came in as we followed him like twitter after his preamble. That was the last of the guy on this thread. Thank you for belling the cat again.

By the way, when you talk of your numerous books, are you referring to books in terms of a book with several hundreds of pages like hardcopy textbooks and novels we see around or just few pages of articles written on certain topics of interest? I mean, must the book be of several pages with tables of contents or just article materials of few pages? Can I publish my written textbooks/novels that are awaiting publication in the KDP? Will they accept such big books since it is of hundreds of pages with academically biased contents (diagrams, tables and illustrations)?
Amazon accepts books on all topics. I deal mainly with nonfiction books 5000-12000 words.I have not had much success with fiction. You do not just write any book and upload it to KDP.you have to research d niches that are selling.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jerrymania(m): 11:49am On Nov 01, 2013
this is one of the few threads here that deserves to be stickied. Good work, i'll come back later and research this.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jerrymania(m): 7:14am On Nov 02, 2013
OP dont abandon this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:33am On Nov 02, 2013
jerrymania: OP dont abandon this thread.

I will not abandon this thread. I'm quite busy but there will be an update with more information this evening. Ask any question dat u have.I've been answering all questions so far.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jerrymania(m): 10:04am On Nov 02, 2013
mk82:

I will not abandon this thread. I'm quite busy but there will be an update with more information this evening. Ask any question dat u have.I've been answering all questions so far.

what niches are selling the most?
how do i get started writing and creating kindle?
whats the whole parade? i would like an indepth info on how you started and still going.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by osca234: 10:39am On Nov 02, 2013
@op what about the tax issue associated with selling published books on kindle? I read kindle takes upto 30% of cost per sale?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:51am On Nov 02, 2013
jerrymania:

what niches are selling the most?
how do i get started writing and creating kindle?
whats the whole parade? i would like an indepth info on how you started and still going.

haha see question. The niche keyword is the key to every online biz. I cannot reveal my keywords but I can give u broad categories. Recipes are very good for beginners. There are other simple niches too.read my update later. grin
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:03am On Nov 02, 2013
osca234: @op what about the tax issue associated with selling published books on kindle? I read kindle takes upto 30% of cost per sale?
You have two royalty categories.
-books below $2.99 and above $9.99= 30% royalty
-$2.99 to $9.99 gets 70% royalty.
tax is 30% becos Nigeria does not have a tax treaty with USA.

Example: If you price ur book at $2.99,u'll get about $2 as ur 70% royalty. d 30% tax will then be removed leaving u with $1.4 per sale.

did is not serious problem if u are making a lot of sales.
Note: tax varies according to the marketplace. e.g. I dont think there is any tax on UK sales because I get almost my complete money from sales made there.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bigidea(m): 11:43am On Nov 02, 2013
A TEAM SYSTEM That Does Absolutely Everything For You
So That ANYONE Can Tap Into This System And
Make REAL Money Online ....

Possibly For The First Time in Their Lives.
http://thesecret.bimvideoproof.com/
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
Read today's update in my first post at the beginning of the thread.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jerrymania(m): 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
mk82:

haha see question. The niche keyword is the key to every online biz. I cannot reveal my keywords but I can give u broad categories. Recipes are very good for beginners. There are other simple niches too.read my update later. grin

ah aba you cant even reveal your niche to just one person? But its amazon kindle now, it has too many traffic and a very huge site so why you scared in revealing your niche.I'm just one person. let me email you and you tell me your niche that are selling, i may not even follow your niche sef, but just to get a heads up and do something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by nairacodedcom(m): 6:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
Amazon is a great site to earn money., like the OP said u need dedication and hardwork. I know a lot of folks that steal other people content and work to publish on Kindle for quick money, I promise u, they never make it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
jerrymania:

ah aba you cant even reveal your niche to just one person? But its amazon kindle now, it has too many traffic and a very huge site so why you scared in revealing your niche.I'm just one person. let me email you and you tell me your niche that are selling, i may not even follow your niche sef, but just to get a heads up and do something.
I already said recipes. you can dig deeper into that niche.send me email sha, I can help u with one specific recipe keyword.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jerrymania(m): 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
mk82:
I already said recipes. you can dig deeper into that niche.send me email sha, I can help u with one specific recipe keyword.

the fact that recipe might be a big niche will be a waste of time for me. i dont like food things, i might get unmotivated later on. i'll mail you so you help with other niches. you see what i mean?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by onlineresource: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2013
To be succesfull on kindle, you do not need to fall in love with the niches... As long as you get a niche to work with... Simply do your research and put all your findings into writing... That's all you need to do...
I currently have like 3 short books that I want to upload and start focusing more on publishing books on amazon before the end of the year.....

The majority priority is focusing on the niche, just like the op has, checking out the amazon best seller...
Also head over to google and find other people that are into kindle publishing and read about them and what they do so that you can understand more on the biz...

Have known about kindle for years now but never took action on it cos I was always waiting for the right time but I realised that there is no right time... Just do it... If you are waiting for everything to be perfect, you might end up not starting at all....

I have learnt my own lesson, though I do well in other biz that I do.... But that's just what I want to share with you...

OP, keep up the good work and more wisdom to your brain to make more money on kindle....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 03, 2013
Sure bro.
wink. Well, I don't think I will be coming back IM anytime soon. I need that cash as quick as possible and IM don't do it for me like I would want it to.

But I must agree that Amazon kindle works if you focus on it.
onlineresource: To be succesfull on kindle, you do not need to fall in love with the niches... As long as you get a niche to work with... Simply do your research and put all your findings into writing... That's all you need to do...
I currently have like 3 short books that I want to upload and start focusing more on publishing books on amazon before the end of the year.....

The majority priority is focusing on the niche, just like the op has, checking out the amazon best seller...
Also head over to google and find other people that are into kindle publishing and read about them and what they do so that you can understand more on the biz...

Have known about kindle for years now but never took action on it cos I was always waiting for the right time but I realised that there is no right time... Just do it... If you are waiting for everything to be perfect, you might end up not starting at all....

I have learnt my own lesson, though I do well in other biz that I do.... But that's just what I want to share with you...

OP, keep up the good work and more wisdom to your brain to make more money on kindle....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (200) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.