Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389619 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 6:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
hmbs:
I have a good news for the house.Accessbank hss finally opened our accounts.its now ready for use.thanks fellow awardees for the encouragement.

Lovely, nice one. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by hmbs(m): 6:36pm On Nov 27, 2014
Am so happy.fellow awardees Una 2much.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bamistol: 5:29am On Nov 28, 2014
hmbs:
Am so happy.fellow awardees Una 2much.
Congrates. Now it remains YouWiN! secretariat. Fellow millionaires, if by this Monday 1st December, we dont start getting bank alert, from Tuesday let us start sending email to YouWiN! secretariat appealing to them to help hasting up the process of releasing our first tranche.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bamistol: 5:41am On Nov 28, 2014
The undue delay has resulted in heavy casualty for so many awardee. How about farmers that their harvest season is even already over... What of those into poultry that needed to sell this Christmas, can they ever meet up with this Christmas? Those that want to start school first term is their cocoa season... and so on as so forth.

We all know that December is NOT a too good month to start business for so many people... January seem to be the worst month to start some businesses because people would have spent so much on festivity, traveling etc and people will always complaint of NO money... February when elections are in top gear is only good for printers and worst for most other businesses... I can continue with the analysis, but let me stop here.

The fact remains that from Monday for every passing day without alert... well we all know the consequences. Hence, the earlier they answer us the better from now, since we are already far behind schedule.

My major fear is even the present economic trend that is making government cutting down on some expenses. God will help us!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bamistol: 5:45am On Nov 28, 2014
I just pray that Nigerian factor has NOT come to play, where one "kind hearted" YouWiN! official will help him/herself by keeping the money in his/her fixed deposit to yield interest while time is running out! shocked tongue
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sunylee1: 6:15am On Nov 28, 2014
I got a good place strategically lacted that I would have rented for my new school. It was under construction, I negitiated with them that if the money am expecting come on time I will pay them to finish up the building. Eventually they finally finished the who building in October and put finall touch middle of October. I gave them deposit a day after the signing of the agreement after waiting for me, they finally gave it out to another person just last week and refunded my deposit deducting for 1 month from my money because, that is my agreement with them. When I gave them the deposit. I had been promising them soon, soon, soon and it appears to them as if the soon was becoming unacceptable for them. Since the place is cheap and at the same time hot cake. Now I have to start looking for another place again. Also the agent fee I paid is gone. God will help us
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sydneyobioha(m): 7:41am On Nov 28, 2014
sunylee1:
I got a good place strategically lacted that I would have rented for my new school. It was under construction, I negitiated with them that if the money am expecting come on time I will pay them to finish up the building. Eventually they finally finished the who building in October and put finall touch middle of October. I gave them deposit a day after the signing of the agreement after waiting for me, they finally gave it out to another person just last week and refunded my deposit deducting for 1 month from my money because, that is my agreement with them. When I gave them the deposit. I had been promising them soon, soon, soon and it appears to them as if the soon was becoming unacceptable for them. Since the place is cheap and at the same time hot cake. Now I have to start looking for another place again. Also the agent fee I paid is gone. God will help us

My dear brother, we all share the same fate.. I got an empty land for lease in a strategic position and at affordable price too here in Owerri, after delaying the agent and landlord they called me lastweek friay that a church (Redeemed) has paid for d space. I was really in shock throughout last weekend, after all the stress I passed through b4 gotten d place! Well, its well..
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 10:08am On Nov 28, 2014
Hello Guys...

I can emphatise with these travails as I have been on the 'payment will come in soon' trend too. In fact, I am on the verge of losing out on a deal.

However, we should see the bigger picture... It's a grant and not a right. We are simply lucky and should have a positive orientation. A lot of people would wish to wait for a whole year to get this opportunity.

We can use this extra time to review our plans in line with the current economic realities.

Get more learning. Do more research. Go for more trainings. Get more wisdom.

I wish us all the best....

Happy waiting

5 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 12:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hello People!

I also suggest we take it patiently and just tarry on! Everyone has been affected by the delay. We are optimistic the Youwin secretariate will do the needful very soon.

Meanwhile we all should use this opportunity, review our plans and make necessary adjustments.

We should also have it in mind that the government is also facing its own challenges with monies too and are struggling to steady the economy.

Oil prices have just plummeted to $68/barrel today with further slides expected. The economy has now fallen below current government budget benchmarks and well below next year forecast.

Let's keep this in mind and rework our plans and remove all unnecessary expense and luxury we already have planned. Let's work on shoe string budgets and use our first tranche to achieve as much milestones as possible.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bamistol: 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
Denn:
Hello Guys...

I can emphatise with these travails as I have been on the 'payment will come in soon' trend too. In fact, I am on the verge of losing out on a deal.

However, we should see the bigger picture... It's a grant and not a right. We are simply lucky and should have a positive orientation. A lot of people would wish to wait for a whole year to get this opportunity.

We can use this extra time to review our plans in line with the current economic realities.

Get more learning. Do more research. Go for more trainings. Get more wisdom.

I wish us all the best....

Happy waiting

I buy your idea as well as that of sunylee1. He is also conscious of the fact that it is a grant and not a right that is why he said that we should "appeal" to the YouWiN! secretariat. If it is a right we will simply contact them expressing our utter disappointment. Let us all keep praying at this point so that they delay will NOT go beyond next week. Everybody is already adversely affected by the undue delay.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by strigger: 10:09am On Nov 29, 2014
Thank God its weekend cos i wont be mistaking all these continous sms from network providers as alert from my youwin biz account. LOL!!!! High blood pressure no go kill man oh!
Plus this impeachment talk springing up here and there.
God pass them.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2014
grin cool winkGod De, not only you, am always checking my phone 4 alert or checking this chat if someone has been paid ..... Its just 4 a while. We are almost there

strigger:
Thank God its weekend cos i wont be mistaking all these continous sms from network providers as alert from my youwin biz account. LOL!!!! High blood pressure no go kill man oh!
God pass them.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by hmbs(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
Fellow awardees,is YOUWIN not suppose to ask us to send our accounts details before wauting for alerts?pls let's the youwin 1 and 2 awardees.thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by hmbs(m): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Everyone has lost a good opporturnity or the other. Am into transport.I saw a tokunbo nissan bus good for transport and equally cheap.I had arrangement with the dealer but the guy had to sell it after waiting for me for ages.now december is supposed to be my boom but here we are.am most hit because by january the new automobile tariff regime will began. A bus that can be cleared from wharf,seme or idiroko with 400k will now be 750k by january.the prices of vehicles will shoot up.God help us.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by hmbs(m): 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
Pls youwin is supposed a scheme with innovation but I think the innovation has gone with the nigerian factor.now people into schools,first term is gone.are they supposed to wait a whole year b4 they will start?what of the farmers who were targetting xmas?this is an invitation to misuse the funds.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
I was told by one of d staff in charge of opening our accts at Zenith bank Bauchi branch dat our acct details would be sent to their head office and d head office would forward to the Youwin secretariat. I assume it's same with other banks. He also said they were instructed 2 forward d acct details every friday as d accts are being opened. I hear d delay in first tranche payment is b/c d Youwin secretariat is yet 2 decide whether 2 disburse 2 awardees in d north-east. Awardees in the north-east were asked 2 fill survey forms this week on if they would like 2 relocate their businesses 2 other regions b/c of d insurgency/insecurity wahala.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
I don't think youwin 3 awardees from the north east is the issue, apart from Borno and some parts of Yobe! Every awardee can do his business from his location originally.

We did see th survey and it was submitted last thursday. Let's see what happens anyway!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by hmbs(m): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
North east awardees should paste this mail and when is the last day of response
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 8:58pm On Nov 29, 2014
@hmbs, the last day of response was same as others surveys (thursday 27th November). So I believe everyone must have done his or her survey already.

However, I am very sure that this is not in anyway delaying the tranche payments as apart from 2 states in the north east that have serious security challenge, every other state is relatively peaceful and business can go on.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bamistol: 12:24am On Nov 30, 2014
strigger:
God pass them.

I met an awardee who said after the tension soaked checking of phone whenever text comes in, she started weeping on Friday that November is gone and nothing. I pitied her because after the signing of the MOU she resigned from her work expecting the first tranche. The building she got very cheap at a good location someone took it that same Friday. "Eya... Oro topoloko lekun, oun laparo fi serin keke ninu igbo" Meaning the issue that make Tiger weep that is what a small bird is laughing off in the bush.

Well Monday is coming again. I pray that one of the alerts should be he expected tranche, so as to douse tension.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sunylee1: 12:36am On Nov 30, 2014
This checking of phone anytime text comes in make me to remember before I married my wife when we were stil courting, we had a quarrel and she refuse to give me face, when we finally settled she promised to see me and her phone went off, as I was expecting her, if goat hit my door I will say "Yes, come in" and go to the door to get dissapointed, if sheep or dog hit the door or even breeze shook the door, same thing. cheesy

Comic relief!

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sunylee1: 12:38am On Nov 30, 2014
Lets calm the tension. Next week, we will get the alert. "From very relaible source"
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by hmbs(m): 6:19am On Nov 30, 2014
bros...pls how reliable is this info?next week is already December.we are holding to your word.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by xdream(m): 6:29am On Nov 30, 2014
bamistol:

I met an awardee who said after the tension soaked checking of phone whenever text comes in, she started weeping on Friday that November is gone and nothing. I pitied her because after the signing of the MOU she resigned from her work expecting the first tranche. The building she got very cheap at a good location someone took it that same Friday. "Eya... Oro topoloko lekun, oun laparo fi serin keke ninu igbo" Meaning the issue that make Tiger weep that is what a small bird is laughing off in the bush.

Well Monday is coming again. I pray that one of the alerts should be he expected tranche, so as to douse tension.

I fired my boss too

Exhausted all my life savings when I got selected

Now my neigbours look at me as someone under spell because I resigned from my job and they know am suffering indoors

One even have the gut to tell me she can get me a security job (chai, man pikin don suffer!)

I pray the first tranche comes soonest so that I can start trading with it...

No doubt, the wait has affected almost all of us in one way or another
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by xdream(m): 6:38am On Nov 30, 2014
cheesy cheesy
sunylee1:
This checking of phone anytime text comes in make me to remember before I married my wife when we were stil courting, we had a quarrel and she refuse to give me face, when we finally settled she promised to see me and her phone went off, as I was expecting her, if goat hit my door I will say "Yes, come in" and go to the door to get dissapointed, if sheep or dog hit the door or even breeze shook the door, same thing. cheesy

Comic relief!

Very hilarious...

The messages of a thing has made MTN blocked me from their facebook page because I always comment bitterly about it

Talking about calls, I have called MTN customer care severally to stop sending me messages via short codes

They never knew am suffering from first tranche alert wait

Each time any message comes in, my heart beats only for me to receive a useless message from MTN cheesy
sunylee1:

Comic relief!

Very hilarious...

The messages of a thing has made MTN blocked me from their facebook page because I always comment bitterly about it

Talking about calls, I have called MTN customer care severally to stop sending me messages via short codes

They never knew am suffering from first tranche alert wait

Each time any message comes in, my heart beats only for me to receive a useless message from MTN
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunylee1:
Lets calm the tension. Next week, we will get the alert. "From very relaible source"

We are hopeful. But let's keep an open mind...
Also 4 those of us working... Pls don't resign yet until your business needs your full attention. ... Next week will really be great..
I had borrow to secure a land I didn't want to loose....
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by globaldream(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
@sunylee . Do you mean this 1st week.? I also believe this with you. Amen. Time is going already. Enough of bureaucracy. And let our boot camp follow . No amount of training is wasted.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by hmbs(m): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
God will do it.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eazeefix: 12:39am On Dec 01, 2014
I know a YouWin 2 winner she said the release of the tranches isn't to be relied upon if you can borrow pls do . I have zeroed my mind for January if it comes before that Na bonus.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 7:29am On Dec 01, 2014
bamistol:

Congrates. Now it remains YouWiN! secretariat. Fellow millionaires, if by this Monday 1st December, we dont start getting bank alert, from Tuesday let us start sending email to YouWiN! secretariat appealing to them to help hasting up the process of releasing our first tranche.

Mr Man, save your energy for other things. It can take up to 3 months for this to happen. All the monies are released at once so if there are those whose details aren't complete, the money will not be released. You should focus on appealing to your fellow awardees to make sure they tidy up their bank account opening as fast as possible.

If you think tranche 1 is the problem, wait until it is time for tranche 2. That can take up to 7 months.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 7:36am On Dec 01, 2014
sunylee1:

Let me advise you. Our experience with YouWIN 2 showed that tranches can be massively delayed. My sister's company got tranche 1 after 3 months, tranche 2 after almost 8 months, and before they got tranche 3 in the final month, they had to submit all manner of documents, financial and audited reports, survey forms, and endure endless visitations from the SMEDAN and private monitors. Some forms had to be submitted up to 3 times again and again.

Point: release of tranches has no timetable and is highly unreliable. If you depend on it to make certain financial decisions such as the one you just did, you will be in for a lot of problems. Make sure that by the time your first tranche is fully spent, your business has started to make money. Otherwise you will be in for a very long thing.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 8:21am On Dec 01, 2014
Just to add to what stagger has said! Youwin Grants tranche disbursements are not sure things in respect of timeline! I will urge all awardees to judiciously use their first tranche and make sure they atleast start generating revenues from it because if not so, you are in for a very deep poo!.

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.