Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,343 members, 7,957,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

Boko Haram Surrounds Catholic Church In Abuja; Ready To Kill - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boko Haram Surrounds Catholic Church In Abuja; Ready To Kill (1160 Views)

Cow Shedding Tears After Seeing Knifes They Would Use To Kill Him (photos) / Bomb Blast In St. Charles Catholic Church In Kano / PHOTONEWS: Victims Of Suicide Bombing Of Bauchi Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Surrounds Catholic Church In Abuja; Ready To Kill by blue2tt(m): 1:41am On Aug 05, 2013
Exclusive information reaching us is that agents of the dreaded Boko Haram have invaded a Catholic Church in Abuja, the popular St Mary Catholic Church in the Karu area of the FCT with a view to attacking members of the church.

A source inside the church who spoke to us on the phone around 14:00, say members of the church have remained locked down in the church premises for about three (3) hours now as policemen battle with agents of Boko Haram at the entrance gate.

The source, a lady, say the Boko Haram agents are: Wielding daggers and other dangerous weapons and that they have created bonfires on the major road and at the entrance gate to the church. As at the time she spoke with .Com, she said it is a situation of "no going in, no coming out."

.Com contacted a top security personnel in Abuja who confirmed the unfortunate development. He however added that Army personnel who were guarding other churches in the axis have been instructed to move to St Mary Catholic church immediately.
>>Get More Gist HERE<<

Re: Boko Haram Surrounds Catholic Church In Abuja; Ready To Kill by Strongfaze(m): 2:02am On Aug 05, 2013
This is serious! I'm praying that members of the Catholic church are rescued. Lord have mercy.
Re: Boko Haram Surrounds Catholic Church In Abuja; Ready To Kill by dasparrow: 5:20am On Aug 05, 2013
@Post

I worry about where we are heading to as a nation. The religious intolerance in this country is becoming too much. I don't know why people cannot live and let's live.
Re: Boko Haram Surrounds Catholic Church In Abuja; Ready To Kill by naijaboiy: 8:11am On Aug 05, 2013
True story but d pictures are not true...i attend d church and it was not boko haram...jux some fanatical okada riders

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Coming From Abroad To Nigeria? Pls Read. / What Makes A Topic Political? New Ibadan Shoprite Post Moved / Breaking:brt Bus Killed 3 People On Motorcycle Along Lekki-epe Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.