Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died (30180 Views)

Yewande Fatoki The Husband Killer (her Pictures At The Scene Of Crime). / Photos From The Scene Of The Robbery Attack Today In Lekki Phase 1 Lagos / Photos From The Scene Of Today's Robbery Of FCMB At Lekki Phase 1 Estate,Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2013
RIP
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by datola: 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
This Toyota Hiace bus seems to lack some important safety features found in modern automobile.

It is well in Jesus name.
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by Enems(m): 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2013
May there gentle soul rest in perfect peace o
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by ReubenAbati: 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2013
Davo93: How does this address the topic God's sake Can't you just be wise for once?

Cut yourself some slack and don't make it look like something else.

Pray as much as you can, people die everyday.
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by successking: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
RIP
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by skeletine(m): 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
nyles:

This is a very cold, SOULLESS reply, how did you know the driver sped beyond safe limits? angry It could have been anyone in that vehicle.
Yeah, couldhave been anyone. Does that suggest underspeeding?
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by eherbal(m): 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
Kafayat odunsi, was the assistant information officer at my former work place. Very reserved and quiet. I'm really gonna miss her. May Allah SWA grant her and her departed comrades Aljannah Firdous, Amin.

2 Likes

Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by slap1(m): 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
Reachyrich: Cant stop crying.
Say wetin happen?
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by Aizebioje(m): 8:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
You mean to tell me people came out of that bus ALIVE? God Is Great
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by 3ace(m): 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
No matter how good your vehicle is, this is one reason why you should maintain speed limit. I seriously dread sudden burst of tyres and it has sent so many people to their early grave. RIP.
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by tomzman: 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
This is unfortunate. May God grant the families of the deceased the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
Realdeals: Pathetic! dats why am kinda scare whenever am travelling in all dis so called hummer bus, I prefer boarding luxurious bus cos they are kinda safer
its because u'v never heard of luxirious bus acident before; 3died with suvivours. may dia souls RIP. If it is luxury bus, u may not hav any suviver.
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by seunlayi(m): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
nyles:

This is a very cold, SOULLESS reply, how did you know the driver sped beyond safe limits? angry It could have been anyone in that vehicle.
[q
nyles:

uo
skeletine:
Yeah, couldhave been anyone. Does that suggest underspeeding?
te author=seunlayi]result of over speeding. Well, rest in peace[/quote]
Abdul Adam56: are you ok?
[quote author=honey86][/quote]
According to eye witness, the bus somersaulted about nine (9) times. A vehicle that is traveling less than 100kph can never be up to that. They have departed this sinful world but we that are still leaving must learn from what happened. May God grant the family of the departed the heart to bear the loss and quick recovery to those that are still hospitalized.
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by seunlayi(m): 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2013
3ace: No matter how good your vehicle is, this is one reason why you should maintain speed limit. I seriously dread sudden burst of tyres and it has sent so many people to their early grave. RIP.
That is just the lesson to everybody to beware of over-speeding, it is better to be late than be the late. Tyres are most likely to burst no matter what the quality is.
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by halamuh(m): 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
[quote author=seunlayi]result of over speeding.

D last time I checked u were sick. I tot u wuld av been better. Y will u just conclude its over speeding, can't there be other reasons for the accident. In matters like this only ur condolences is needed and if u av none ul keep quiet. respect d dead, Mr Perfect!

May their Souls Rest In Peace.
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by horlabiyi(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2013
So pathetic. May their gentle souls rest in peace
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by majalisa(m): 10:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
seunlayi: result of over speeding. Well, rest in peace
were u dere?may d soul of d faithful departed RIP
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by mployer(m): 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
[quote author=halamuh][/quote] I think the Guy is right for citing over-speeding as a possible cause of the accident . I've had the tire of a bus am travelling with burst while in motion. We were Lucky the bus was about stoping to pick a passenger.
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by Destiny4fame(m): 11:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
seunlayi: result of over speeding. Well, rest in peace
......dis wasnt ova speed......I was a liv witness.....
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by Drseno1(m): 12:19am On Aug 06, 2013
RIP
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by GloryG(f): 1:43am On Aug 06, 2013
i pray it wunt happen to any of us or our precious family in jesus name,we all need to be prayerful in order to be safe
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by babsomotde(m): 1:49am On Aug 06, 2013
God, have mercy.
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by Jongrac: 2:19am On Aug 06, 2013
So sad and painful. Especially that, most death in Nigeria can be avoided if safety measure is taking more seriously and adequate infrastructures are put in place. May their families find comfort in God.
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by Jongrac: 2:23am On Aug 06, 2013
Glory G: i pray it wunt happen to any of us or our precious family in jesus name,we all need to be prayerful in order to be safe

So whose family isn't precious?
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by sadlas(m): 3:35am On Aug 06, 2013
johnstar: -
/
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by uromicom: 4:46am On Aug 06, 2013
witch people i don see am say no be only bad road be nigeria transport system problem we need to beg witch too and illiterate drivers
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by ayodeji1(m): 5:59am On Aug 06, 2013
Still looks so strange to me.monday the 29th of july last week was kafayat odunsi's birthday.I still saw her that day.she told me she was travelling on wed to come back fri.even when she got 2 abj,she complained that the journey was hectic,the driver was moving at a very slow pace and they spent hours on road.same friday the incident happened,she told me when she was leaving abuja.and that was the last I heard of her.I called her line several times,sent messages,pings,no response.only 4 me to log online and read of this incident.so strange.she will really be missed.very quite,easy going and reserved.I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my eyes.R-I-P to the dead.and wishing those injured a quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by ibkgab001: 7:23am On Aug 06, 2013
RIP
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by Okwy2013: 8:33am On Aug 06, 2013
May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by Korad26: 8:44am On Aug 06, 2013
May be dey dd nt pray b4 dey emback on d joni, RiP
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by DICKtator: 8:52am On Aug 06, 2013
kmanning: Executive Officials of Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) that were involved in a motor accident were said to be returning from a meeting they had in Abuja, Friday, most of whom are representatives of the Oyo and Lagos council of the union.
The official Toyota Hiace bus was totaled from the crash. Survivors said a rear tyre suddenly exploded while on high speed and somersaulted about nine times before eventually careering into the bush, killing three on board and injuring several others.
The NUJ officials on board the crashed vehicle and their designations are:

(Late) Adolphus Okonkwo, NUJ National Financial Secretary
(Late) Kafayat Odunsi, NTA -V.I., Lagos
(Late) Tunde Oluwanike, FRCN -Ibadan
Deji Elumoye, NUJ Chairman - Lagos State
Gbenga Opadotun, NUJ Chairman - Oyo State
Banji Oluwalana -NTA7, Lagos
Bolaji Akeem -NTA7, Lagos
Sylva Okereke -Champion Newspaper
Odunsi Muhammed -New Nigeria Newspaper
Bimbo Oyetunde -FRCN Lagos
Nzeogwu Christopher -VON
Fatimah Abdulkareem -National Treasurer Adeyemi Fatai -Lagos Bus Driver

The Oyo State Chapter of the NUJ has announced a seven day mourning beginning Saturday over the tragic loss of colleagues in the accident.
Others who survived in the accident are being treated at the Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital (LAUTECH).
>>Get More Gist HERE<<

At the bolded, wondered if they were related?

The bus driver survived? whoaaaa!!!! African voodooism at its best?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Scene Of The Accident Where NUJ Officials Died by Testy17: 9:10am On Aug 06, 2013
Very pathetic, RIP to those that died

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drunk Policeman Brutalizes A Man With His Gun At First Bank,uyo,akwa Ibom(pics) / Nigerian Army Buries 14 Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram / 8-Year-Old Girl Raped In Oyo By Unidentified Person. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.