Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Will Non-members Of ASUU Benefit From Their Struggle?come In And Have Your Say - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Will Non-members Of ASUU Benefit From Their Struggle?come In And Have Your Say (838 Views)

Uniben Pulls Out Of ASUU Strike / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 / Breaking News - ASUU-lasu May Pull Out Of ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Non-members Of ASUU Benefit From Their Struggle?come In And Have Your Say by Forzap: 10:17am On Aug 05, 2013
Well,it's no longer news that ASUU are on strike for over one month and still counting,but i would like to know if non-members(excluding private schools)will benefit from ASUU's struggle. eg some of their demands are:
1) 26% of the nation's budget should be allocated to the educational sector.
2)Increased allowance.
let me stop here.

So my point is, will a non-member of ASUU(eg UNIILORIN)benefit from the proposed 26% for the educational sector?if yes,dont you think it's unfair?over to you guyz,let me know what you think
Re: Will Non-members Of ASUU Benefit From Their Struggle?come In And Have Your Say by karferguso(m): 10:39am On Aug 05, 2013
Sure,dey will benefit frm it since it's a major issue that will affect all universities
Re: Will Non-members Of ASUU Benefit From Their Struggle?come In And Have Your Say by titiann(f): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2013
Seriously,4 me personally,ℓ̊ c ASUU as nothing bt a group of greedy grey haired men nd women,as far as Å̶̷̩̥͡•̸Ϟ concerned,they are too greedy and they are demanding for too much from †ђξ federal govt,they re seeking too much attention,their strike action 'ȋ̝̊̅§ basically for their selfish ambitions.....if they had d love of pple dat wuld B̶̲̥̅ε affected @ heart,they would look 4 beta nd more effective ways of making their requests knwn,rada dan strike,strike nd strike....out of ASUU and thunder,only God knws which 1 dey srike pass sef!
Re: Will Non-members Of ASUU Benefit From Their Struggle?come In And Have Your Say by Forzap: 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2013
karferguso: Sure,dey will benefit frm it since it's a major issue that will affect all universities

really?bt dont u tink dats unfair?considerin d fact dat dere nt were part of d struggle,i see no reason why dey shld benefit frm it
Re: Will Non-members Of ASUU Benefit From Their Struggle?come In And Have Your Say by Forzap: 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2013
titiann: Seriously,4 me personally,ℓ̊ c ASUU as nothing bt a group of greedy grey haired men nd women,as far as Å̶̷̩̥͡•̸Ϟ concerned,they are too greedy and they are demanding for too much from †ђξ federal govt,they re seeking too much attention,their strike action 'ȋ̝̊̅§ basically for their selfish ambitions.....if they had d love of pple dat wuld B̶̲̥̅ε affected @ heart,they would look 4 beta nd more effective ways of making their requests knwn,rada dan strike,strike nd strike....out of ASUU and thunder,only God knws which 1 dey srike pass sef!

allocating 26% of d nation's budget 2 the educational sector nd u call dat greedy/selfish ambition?calm down babez,m nt in support of d strike tho
Re: Will Non-members Of ASUU Benefit From Their Struggle?come In And Have Your Say by sammiy: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2013
ASUU is nothing but a mere pressure group, its like wen some selected members of d student union of a university protest against increased school fees and wen d sch authourity finaly succumbs, you wil now say d students dat dint take part in d protest will not enjoy d fruit of d strugle. All uni(federal) and its staff will enjoy wateva benefit comes out of ASUU strike. I jst pity d state university dat joins d strike because dir no no guarantee dat wen federal govt ans fed uni, dat state gov wil b ready 2do d same. I rem last year wen south eastern uni were on strike for mordan 7months, ASUU as a whole dint go on strike 2help dem and dis is wia dey are supose 2show solidarity for dir coleagues. I jst taya
Re: Will Non-members Of ASUU Benefit From Their Struggle?come In And Have Your Say by Acecube(m): 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
Lol @ UNILORIN in your post.

We are on holiday so { basically we are doing what other universities are doing during this period : sitting at home} you don't expect us to strike twice lol

On the supposed package we go chop am together .. Cheers

(1) (Reply)

2014 Commonwealth Scholarships For Developing Commonwealth Countries’ Students / Anambra State University, ANSU Is Now Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu University / Festus Iyayi Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.