Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 (123158 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Uniben Pulls Out Of ASUU Strike / Breaking News - ASUU-lasu May Pull Out Of ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by osaman2011: 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
Varsities have started pulling out of ASUU strike which started in July 1, 2013.. FG/SCE gave a go ahead today for uninterested Varsities to opt-out of strike since ASUU is adamant in the negotiations. FG begged ASUU National to slash their 2009 demands to 3 out of the list, ASUU says no that all must be fulfilled. Looking at it, it may take a long time for the 2009 demands to be actually fulfilled, meaning we may have to stay at home for a long time. Adamawa university has pulled-out. Adamawa ASUU even confronted ASUU national body for going on strike without due process. Akanu ibiam varsity just announced theirs on NTA.

We're awaiting more varsities. Let's keep our fingers crossed & pray

4 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by obi4eze(m): 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Please which is Akanu Ibiam varsity? I know of Akanu Ibiam Fed. Poly., Afikpo.

I just feel for the students who are affected. I just hope they'll use this compulsory holiday period well.

3 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
Frontpage things ASUU thinks they are better than every one else abi?

1 Like

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by spenca: 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
Its sad when i see people talk about ASUU like they are some evil body or a body against progress and wanna always strike, imagine an agreement since 2009 n yet to be honoured and you people blast them at each second you get ? When each day bills are passed for GEJ to acquire new fleets of crafts and mobiles and it doesnt take 3months to get fulfilled ,common!! You guy should be realistic and objective here, if it had been honoured since letz say 2010 would there be a strike today ?

33 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by ITbomb(m): 11:34am On Jul 20, 2013
@spenca , God bless u
People will be quick to compare Nigeria with developments in India or Brazil but forgets educational dysfunctionality is the backbone of most of Nigeria problem including corruption.
ASUU is trying to correct this and each time they go on strike people will be asking if they have call off instead of asking whether the issues have been resolved to avoid future strikes

11 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by BabaAlabi: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
Foolish Nigerians....we all deserve whatever happens to us since we have allowed our fellow men to use and abuse us. We have all left the important issues to talk about Homosexuality, davido's girlfriend and PDP vs APC...Only when we all focus on the important things like constant power, education and agriculture,only when we begin to hold our leaders accountable and say no to inconsequential matters, only when we come together to shun corruption...that real growth and development will happen.
Giant Of Africa my foot.

7 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by opeyemitee(m): 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
abeg, make OAU too opt out sef. i don tire for house. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by spenca: 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2013
ITbomb: @spenca , God bless u
People will be quick to compare Nigeria with developments in India or Brazil but forgets educational dysfunctionality is the backbone of most of Nigeria problem including corruption.
ASUU is trying to correct this and each time they go on strike people will be asking if they have call off instead of asking whether the issues have been resolved to avoid future strikes
God bless you too papi !!

2 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Brimmie(m): 5:19am On Jul 21, 2013
Okk.. Make we Finish Fasting b4 FUTA try pull out!

2 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by donlet(m): 6:13am On Jul 21, 2013
what is ASUU?
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by demolfaz: 8:40am On Jul 21, 2013
Get yourself busy while waiting to be called back to school.
Empowerment Quiz is the answer.
50 people will qualify for a simple buy and sell quiz competition where 5 people will get N500,000 each to start a new business of their choice.
Or take the Scholarship Quiz to get N150,000 towards your next school fees.
Visit http://quiz2ownms.net/mobile/start.php for more info.
It is absolutely free to Sign up.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Skrhema: 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
This is good news. I am waiting for Ekiti State University to port out of this strike. Make una free me jare
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by plainmirror(m): 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2013
donlet: what is ASUU?

It is a type of noodle (just as we have indomie,tummy tummy...)

ODE!

7 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by rudian(f): 11:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
undecided Praying seriously for University of Benin to opt out too, this delay is getting me all antsy.

2 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by U235weapongrade: 11:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by tomclem5: 12:07am On Aug 02, 2013
ASUU? Dey need 2 be scrap. Instead of askn 4 dis b4,dey fight 4 dier own selfness nd dis tyme wastn students time
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by yunx(m): 2:31am On Aug 02, 2013
Don't worry they'll announce it on Cartoon Network the day it will end ? Just Chill
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Kunlexic(m): 2:58am On Aug 02, 2013
Make dem all opt-out before everybody start 4getting their matric number,their course of study and their class.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 02, 2013
in your dreams! grin grin grin shocked
opeyemitee: abeg, make OAU too opt out sef. i don tire for house. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 02, 2013
you must be an illiterate!

tomclem5: ASUU? Dey need 2 be scrap. Instead of askn 4 dis b4,dey fight 4 dier own selfness nd dis tyme wastn students time

1 Like

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 02, 2013
kip dreaming!
rudian: undecided Praying seriously for University of Benin to opt out too, this delay is getting me all antsy.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 02, 2013
why is a distance learning student like you complaining?!

Skrhema: This is good news. I am waiting for Ekiti State University to port out of this strike. Make una free me jare
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Tmvince: 9:19am On Aug 02, 2013
Skrhema: This is good news. I am waiting for Ekiti State University to port out of this strike. Make una free me jare

Bro yhu're feeling ma pain.... Aina better pull ys out o this damn strike..
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Francobaresi(m): 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
Unilag abeg make una port comot oo...BOREDOM wan 'wunjor, me 4 here oo

1 Like

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Lavender88(f): 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
Francobaresi: Unilag abeg make una port comot oo...BOREDOM wan 'wunjor, me 4 here oo
Francobaresi: Unilag abeg make una port comot oo...BOREDOM wan 'wunjor, me 4 here oo
I pray unilag wil pull out na dem b d baba for d strike
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by rudian(f): 8:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
smileyDreams do come true you know [smartchoice]kip dreaming!
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Edroom: 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2013
thank God, nice update . Like dis when on front page tomorrow.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Walexz02(m): 6:47am On Aug 04, 2013
This type of behaviour is not healthy for any nations development, how could some members of ASUU pull out of the strike? When will Nigerians understand that it is better to die on your feet than to live on your knee This is not good at all angry

7 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by extraflyfineboy(m): 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
Its not just about keeping fingers crossed; its about the general well being of the studentsAnd Nation!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes / A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students. / Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.